Why is finding a local game so hard? I want to finally get started playing and learning how to do stuff...

Why is finding a local game so hard? I want to finally get started playing and learning how to do stuff, but I don't have the stuff online like roll20 to do it, I have the physical books because I bought them from amazon on a whim.

Attached: c96b02e2639526cbd54685966d51ae23.jpg (473x590, 92K)

>I don't have the stuff online like roll20 to do it

Roll20 is free and it's not even a thing you have to download. It's a web site with a map you can interact with.

Yeah but don't you need to own the books to like, use a lot of the sites features?

Are you in Kansas? Please be in Kansas.

No, Im in canada.

it's full of autistic people and then normal people who don't play dnd

Just make a game and invite your friends.

Don't you have, like, two or three friends IRL?

not many of my IRL friends even know what DnD is, or work a lot.

Wait till college my dude. There are so many groups here that want to play because of the hype from shows like CriticalRole and HarmonQuest that I put up signs and now get paid to GM.

>my dude
>hype
>shows like CriticalRole
>put up signs
Fuck off reddit

I already graduated. I didn't play DnD in college, too busy getting my dick wet. I almost regret it since girls in college are a dime a dozen but good DnD groups are hard to come by.

Attached: little things.png (500x372, 220K)

>not many of my IRL friends even know what DnD is, or work a lot.

You don't need to have friends who already know what D&D is, just that they want to try the game with you.

Sorry, it's the players. I should have said

"Fuck off nigger, learn how to read an instruction manual. Roll20 only needs additional features if you don't have hands. Why did you buy the books on a whim, especially for a shit system like 5e."

Ne, Senpai?

Attached: 0mLRYth - Imgur.gif (544x612, 2.95M)

Your new is showing.

Nah, to fit in with Veeky Forums uber"""""old"""""fags you need to talk like Veeky Forums in real life.

That being said, you have to scream about how everything is bad, how Veeky Forums used to be the best board ever, and needlessly inject your political opinion into everything and whine until people leave.

I bought them because I wanted to finally actually play, and I had a lot of money left over after paying my bills.

▲▲

>Yeah but don't you need to own the books to like, use a lot of the sites features?

You might be thinking of a different service. Last I checked, Roll20 doesn't require you to own any books.

Don't sweat it dude, it was for the meme. There's nothing wrong with liking a thing as long as it isn't hurting you or anyone around you.

No

▲▲

Damnit

▲▲

good to know, If I do end up having to play online I'll probably do it over discord/roll20 , using roll20 for maps and battle while everything else is handled through discord or something