Warhammer 40000 General /40kg/

>MFW someone invades Ultramar edition

>Sautekh preview, Tomb Blades are finally usable
warhammer-community.com/2018/03/19/preview-the-sautekh-dynasty-tomb-blades-and-the-catacomb-command-bargegw-homepage-post-2/

>WHTV Tip of the Day:
youtube.com/watch?v=433TfpTq0wM [Open]

>FAQs:
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Megas:
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega:
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Mathhammer:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

>Tau Codex:
Epub
mega.nz/#!M8Fi0CaI!sk5MB-ZX9GAO8iNACYAue2MF4OmTi3xT_Q4zLXGVQvA
PDF
mega.nz/#!AbQG0CbA!RhIyj5eq1SUXx7m0oaDKVPhTfw5h6ibYQ0mSZRCGPTA

Attached: received_10155451053254370.jpg (485x657, 42K)

Reminder.

Attached: Word_Bearers_won.jpg (1000x1000, 329K)

Tau plz leave

This is against the rules, the codex itself says custom paint schemes can use founder's chapter tactics.

Needs more cork. Don't forget to model dinosaur bones though.

How good is mono Custodes?

Your pedantic little opinion is nothing to me. I'm pretty recognized for the general quality of my advice on teegee, so why don't you fuck off into the refuge granted by being without a name. At least I have the balls to stand behind my advice with an identity.

Mmmm delicious blueberries

Have one

Attached: A2F6AE4E-BBA7-4683-B59D-3E14D1DF02CD.jpg (800x571, 95K)

Post fluffy lists for lesser known chapters.

Attached: The Crown of Thorns by Peter Fehervari.pdf (PDF, 840K)

Shame if something happened to that Calth system, wouldn't it...

Attached: 1512935719052.jpg (888x693, 630K)

Would I be better off buying the Guard Battleforce, or two Let's Collect Guard boxes, to start my army?

I prefer something a little more spicy.

Attached: torchstar.jpg (530x583, 253K)

Gr8 b8 m8 6/8

How much cork is enough cork?

Attached: Cork is stupid.jpg (720x960, 85K)

Are Tempestus Scions as cool as they look? Their rules sorta confused me and I'm not sure what I can take with them. Can I still run Lehman Russes or do they have to be in a different detachment? It might be better to run them in a different detachment anyway, since you can take better orders or something and if it's a spearhead you get that objective holding bonus.

If all fish had abs like that I'd be a heretic.

Biker captains list is strong but boring, frustrating, and confusing to fight and play. So like fielding all superheavies but better on tt.

Slightly below dumpster fire tier. Unless we are talking mono-bikes, but then why not just soup Imperium?

dark imperium box primaris + 2 units of LC vanguard vets + aggressors + sniper scouts + shrike (1500pts)

how competitive is this?

Your pedantic little opinion is nothing to me. I'm pretty recognized for the general quality of my advice on teegee, so why don't you fuck off into the refuge granted by being without a name. At least I have the balls to stand behind my advice with an identity.

>his marines don't have hazard stripes
How do you justify that to yourselves?

Attached: Iron_Warrior_Heresy_Armour.png (419x606, 279K)

>Are Tempestus Scions as cool as they look
Precisely as cool as they look. So not at all

ONE MORE DAY TILL ADEPTICON!

NEW MARINE SHIT INCOMING, BRACE YOUR ANUS!

Is any of the FW chaos stuff worth taking? I'm considering picking up a blood slaughterer.

Attached: Screenshot (129).png (885x893, 1004K)

OG lamenters:

Normal jetbikes are better than captains though.

>confusing to fight and play
?

mein gott those are hideous

Like this

Get a brass scorpion

Attached: 99560101595_RogalDorn02.jpg (920x950, 73K)

Your kind is not welcome here

Attached: 1431902704676.png (462x635, 664K)

I remember that derpy juggernaut

Attached: 1471588037008.jpg (590x590, 279K)

Lots actually. It really depends on the army. I wouldn't bother with blood slaughterers though. Just take a detachment of actual daemons and get some bloodletters or even a Daemon Prince.

Debatable but captains are better for filling a supreme command detachment for soup. Also superior creation + victor of the blood games + bike relic makes for a pretty unstoppable warlord.

Autism stripes are the worst part of their color scheme though.

these are some fast moving generals

Too many trolls.

Not helped that some people are a bit too quick to fire one off when the old one will normally be loitering about page 8-10 for a little while yet.

>Autism stripes are the worst part of their color scheme though.
Get out of the fortress and get out of the legion.

Attached: iron.png (272x273, 65K)

People say to follow the aesthetic of the faction you like, but man, if you want to play make sure to give playing/the style and whirl or look into it.
Otherwise you end up with an army you like building/collecting but don't have fun actually playing.

Not an issue if you're a pure collector I suppose. But for most people, definitely should keep it in mind when starting off.

Hey Veeky Forums

How you expect Black Library to fuck up Sanguinius' sacrifice fighting Horus?

Anyone suggest Harlequin head replacements? Not a huge fan of some of the masks. I was thinking deldar reaper helms with no hair but very high chance I'm not thinking of obvious ones. Any suggestions?

>IW think they're unique

Attached: ultramarines.jpg (727x375, 95K)

When are you going to finally fuck off or get banned? Your posts are always so fucking retarded, pointless or full of misinformation. I guess I'll just filter you.

They already fucked up by having Russ put the chink in Horus' armor.

2 SC Boxes:
20 Guard
2 Heavy Weapon Squads
2 Tanks
2 Identical Commissars

1 Guard Battleforce:
20 Guard
0 Heavy Weapon Squads
1 Tank
1 Chimera
1 Sentinel
3 Ogryns
5 man Command Squad that you'll probably use to make 3 Company/Platoon commanders, a Plasmagun & Meltagun special weapon rather than a command squad.

They are about as good as each other but they both have things you miss. The Battleforce doesn't come with any heavy weapons. The SC Boxes have duplicate commissars and no regular commanders.

With SC boxes you're getting an extra tank and 2 heavy weapon squads in exchange for a chimera, sentinel, 3 ogryns and a command squad. Sentinels are basically mandatory to fill out a Guard Brigade, and Ogryns are one of the Guard's best counter-assault unit and you want them in a Chimera.

I'd get the Battleforce, another Cadian Infantry box, a 3x Heavy Weapons team box and you have a decent starting army. After that another Russ, a dedicated lascannon heavy weapons team squad and more regular infantry.

By getting ADB to write it
>yfw Horus becomes a proud womyn of color

9 characters who have identical models but different loadouts. Very confusing as opposed to "These are tacticals, this guy has a rocket launcher as can be seen by his fucking rocket launcher. This is a razorback, it is bigger and tougher because it's like 6x the size of infantry."

Normal bikes are easy to handle. They're squishy(less wounds and worse saves) and you can actually focus fire them down. Good luck killing a bike captain who can't be shot because there's a random scout or guardsman behind a wall 2" in front of him and another captain threatening your left flank so you couldn't even shoot the first captain if the guardsman was dead. Admittedly not an unbeatable list but much better than the bike squads.

Better than other elite armies.
Could get better if the FW stuff isn't ass.

>Snore Bearers win cause some stuck "God" in front of "Emperor"
Wow, what a legion

what do you think of this?

Storm Eagle
x18 berserkers
exhault champ
kharne
skarbrand

>and that's a good thing

>Poisoning the star
>Summoning daemons
>Numerical advantage
>>Sucker punching the loyalists forces
>Still managed to fuck up everything die to the last man
>Calth still stands to this day as an exemplar test of Ultramar might
How can you face yourself each morning?

Aaron please leave

Example
Man, Tau aren't exactly fun so far.

Sanguinius is a bad guy secretly who is jealous of Abbadon and wishes he could be him.

Primaris terminators and jet bikes here I come
>MFW they get released along Space wolves
>MFW jetbikes have two sets of twinlinked Cawl primaris plasma rifles

Attached: received_10155402827154370.jpg (502x387, 20K)

So my apologies for the panorama picture but I wanted to show off all of my acquired nids in the last month.
2 hive tyrants, swarm lord, 7 carnifexes (with 8 on the way), 4 trygons, 1 mawlock, 2 biovores & 45 spore mines, at least 80 genestealers, 47 warriors, 12 ravangers, 16 zoanthropes, 2 venomthropes, 70 termagaunts, 2 broodlord, 2 tervigon, 2 tyrannofex, 150 hormagaunts, 9 tyrant guard, 9 hive guard, 1 tyrannocyte, a bunch of rippers could make untold swarms with, and bits galore.

So I've also decided that this will be my next personal project, I'm taking suggestions on how to paint it up once it's stripped down and fixed.

Attached: 29313217_10211868087637169_1615838976759824384_o.jpg (1916x640, 243K)

>my apologies for the panorama picture
>>laughs in 21:9 34" ultrawide

>9 characters who have identical models but different loadouts
Bet this asshole paints his models as white scars and uses other tactics

cadia broke BECAUSE the guard did

Attached: 1520299219657.jpg (811x743, 82K)

Scourge heads maybe?

Attached: head3.jpg (1520x955, 898K)

I did and I never looked back

Attached: Rostro_de_Barabas_Dantioch.png (732x1050, 464K)

Reminder that GW hates your dudes

Attached: Sketch20214529~01.png (621x253, 177K)

ice blue carapaces & claws with white skin

This. I collect Tau, but am gonna be starting a Black Templars army soon because I am craving some actual combat. Unless that Kroot codex rumor turns out to be true...

They're really fun to play and paint. If you want to get the stormtrooper trait (hit rolls of +6 generate an extra hit) then every unit in the detachment must have the militarum tempestus keyword so only tempestor primes, scion command squads, scion squads, taurox prime, and valkyies. Can also add in abhumans, priests, crusaders, and tech marines they don't get the stormtrooper trait but don't prevent the detachment from getting it.

I would take every head from the Troupe, Skyweaver, and Starweaver kits and organize them into three groups by appearance. Use the pretty faces to represent the Light troupe, the spooky ones to represent Dark, and the half masks to represent Twilight.

But Custodes don't have scouts or guardsmen.

Kor Phaeron could've simply kill Girlyman too but he decided to fuck around and sacrifice him instead and got counterdicked for it. That whole story was going so well until that point too. I don't know though, I still like WB for how devious they are. Adds good amount of flavour to the setting.

Scourge are a good idea duder, thanks.

Pic related, does anyone know what helmet that is? Or what kit it's from?

Attached: Untitled-1 500.jpg (497x1600, 107K)

I'm honestly looking more for of a jungle type scheme, I'm thinking about doing something with like Black and green with orange fringe.

Why Superior Creation over Radiant Mantle?

Got it. Do they play like I sort of imagine, with Tauroxes driving around fuckin' shit up while the squads deep strike in all over the place, wherever they're needed?

Nice bait. I use proper keywords with my dudes and get all the benefits.

I believe it is from the Wych sprues.

Attached: 99120112008_DEWychesXBox1.jpg (920x950, 123K)

its either dark eldar wyches or jet bikes, not sure which.

Holy shit that new old land speeder is awesome. Finally FWs obsession with autistically putting out every conceivable permutation of every single space marine unit has created something worth a damn.

When playing best regiment how much should i spend on nice stuff for my infantry rather than moar tanks? The 18" rapid fire seems great to take advantage of but if its Not so effective in practice I'd rather field a unit or 2 of footsloggers with no upgrades and save the points for bigger guns

Attached: f9d2000dd1057417b06992988ffd4fc0--warhammer--legion.jpg (736x1029, 151K)

Superior Creation is going to defend against Mortal Wounds, which is a thing Custodes have a problem with

The head is Wych head I think maybe converted a little to use some hair from another DE kit. The masks with the sliced eye are wyches I believe.

Army paint scheme shouldn't dictate which rules you use. Especially when GW does a shitty job representing your chosen chapter/craftword/forgeworld this edition and after you started painting your army 10+ years ago well before things like 'chapter tactics' existed.

>ONE MORE DAY TILL ADEPTICON!
But I thought it was on Thursday?

How are Tau so popular when they seem to not be fun for so many.

>using faction keywords for an army that is obviously a different faction
Imagine not only being such a snowflake that you need your own unique subfaction, but ALSO being such a waac fag that you refuse to use the rules GW created specifically fir unique sub factions.

Thanks guys yea it's a wych head, managed to find the bit. Thanks for the help, My phones utter wank and makes browsing a pain in the arse.

Fat Steel Legion titties right in my face

stop posting shit fapbait.

They keep getting more and more dressed, or is it just I?

I think they’re fun, but not having an assault phase or a psychic phase makes games a little bit repetitive. I mostly just love their clean aesthetic and “practical” combat doctrines. It makes them really cool to me.

Name one place where the rules mention paint cumsult

It's not like you're starved for choice without the Chapter-specific traits and relics. What particular traits and toys are people miffed about their homebrews not being allowed?

You can play them a number of different ways but generally what I do is use valkyries to drop bullgryn bombs with a priest, deep strike with command squads of 4 overcharged plasma guns and a prime to order them to re-roll 1s as the anti-tank element of the army and then put the regular scions in some dakka taurox primes with meltas and use them to combat hordes and cap objectives.

GW is a British company. One day they'll look like Nazgûl.

check this out
you could also throw in fabius bile

Is a librarian on a bike worth the extra 30pts, or should I just footslog him?

>namefagging
Just kill yourself now you attention whoring cuck

Nowhere, but we all know that if your paint-scheme is divergent enough that other people need to be told what founding chapter it's supposed to be, you're stepping the line.

>some
The entire fucking imperium.
For all we know he really is a Chaos God of sorts now or will be once he dies. It's the twisted pottery of 40k that the word bearers were sanctioned for what ultimately came to be, they were the ones who were proven right given faith combats chaos more than pure rational science. It's the twisted fates of laughing gods that the Word Bearers were wrong and yet proven the most right of them all.

I hate the word bearers

>not namefagging
grow up already

Anyone know of any decent places to find 40K smut fics? My literary degeneracy mist be satisfied.

RIP

Attached: images (24).jpg (287x512, 10K)

>Furry faggot did it
>Didn't have to die to do it

Attached: 1499568682905 - Copy.png (183x235, 58K)

Why do people cheat at tourneys? Is it worth it?

>year of our lord 2012+6
>calling a person out for namefagging
okay
And anyway, you should listen to me, my advice is wanted and needed. I *know* this game. My words carry power, asshat.