Eh, let's have a comfy feel-good thread for once. What are you happy about, Veeky Forums?

Eh, let's have a comfy feel-good thread for once. What are you happy about, Veeky Forums?

>tfw the session went along great, you had a great time, and your players had a good time
>tfw you feel a genuine improvement in your improv skills and general ability to DM
>tfw there's less and less mistakes to polish

Attached: comfy cat.jpg (600x800, 85K)

I get to be a player for a change -- I was GM for my last group, which was great, but I like to play, too. I felt a little down after that group had to break up, but now things are good again.

I finally got to try a system I've always wanted to play, and it's been fantastic.
I'm playing with a group of strangers off Roll20, and yet they're all cool and relaxed and there are none of those anime-loving meme parrots you hear about on Veeky Forums Roll20 horror stories. I'm sure most of those are total fabrication
Instead it's just been grand adventure and great fun.

Sometimes things do work out!

I'm happy that I can enjoy half of this hobby for free and all it takes is imagination.

Half of tabletop RPGs includes things like worldbuilding and making rules/content. It's nice that anyone can do this and enjoy it.

My very first RPG session ever (which happend over Roll20) ended up leading me to a group of amazing people. I can't say enough how thankful I am to have met so many awesome people.

>First session in months of my Maid campaign
>Had stopped because the game was getting stale
>Have great session involving a fight between the Archbishops of Dublin and Armagh, and the demon butler
>Everyone tells me afterwords how much fun they had
>Ask when the next session will be

Attached: anime=death.jpg (540x591, 36K)

>players don't know who to believe
>spend a good half an hour or more conversing with the current villain before things go bad
>they enjoy the fuck out of the ensuing combat as well
felt so nice

My Shadowrun GM asked me to be the one experienced player in a party of all newbies (to help them out and shit). As it turned out, they're all fast learners, good players, and really seem to like the game.

A month later and four sessions in (we meet up weekly), it's been a really fun game with no signs of slowing down. One of the few groups of played in that didn't have a That Guy, too.

So that's nice.

>few groups of played in
I meant "few group's I've played in", my bad. Tired as fuck right now.

Attached: its all so tigersome.jpg (500x664, 129K)

My only complaint is that I have too much fun and I have to wait a whole month before we get to do it again

Due to everyone’s schedule but mine of course we only get together once a month

This is my first time playing (if you don’t count the one or two sessions I sat in on about 20years ago) and I’m having a lot of fun but I want to play more

Building a monoblack deck in EDH for the first time in my life (using only locally purchased singles). Played since 2000 or so, but I started out a green Timmy and shifted to multicolored after that. Now I'm running a black enchantress build that plays totally differently to any other deck I've ever constructed and it's a blast. I fucking love Magic.

The GM I'd been training under my wing lately has started to really take shape. We'd been playing a little bit over a year, and they were a newbie back then, but insisted on GMing anyway. Since I wanted to play, I was more than fine with that.

Then they recruited this absolute asshole to act as an 'assistant GM' and also a player. That ended up badly, and we had to deal with this guy for a few months, as he lied about rules, minmaxed his character, and generally just made the game toxic and horrible.

Then the GM booted him, and they started to get way better as time passed. Learning how spells work, how to deal with enemy spellcasters, CR and level adjustment, got past a monty haul phase (The players were fine with a soft reboot where all of our magical items were disjoined, mostly since we got a shitton of gold (I pointed the GM to the WBL table) to replace our magic items with).

Now we finished that campaign, and started up a new one. The plot's a lot more solid, though they're still learning to deal with players not following the plot they have in mind.

But they're still improving so much, it's making me pretty happy.

>Really enjoying the character you're playing and how they fit in with the party
>The other players are fun, intelligent people and do a lot of enjoyable roleplaying
>The DM has an interesting setting and makes the game exciting while running it smoothly

Attached: gi09234.gif (260x195, 960K)

Why is deckbuilding so satisfying?

Attached: Nervous Dog at Vet.jpg (600x798, 84K)

>they

I finally had good game testing my system based on mix of spy and con game. After months and months of balancing, adding and removing features I finally gain good enough prototype to run test game. And it was fun. Not in forced, just watch the world burn way, but in genuinely having a fun way.

Players, mix of newbies and some, that helped me design the whole shebangs, enjoyed scheming and building the plan for conning main target. It had the feelgood moments, when the plan clicked, also the quick improv, when the part of plan failed, enjoying exploratory parts of legwork, devising tricks and finally carrying out the while thing.

Three four hour session in one week left me totally exhausted, but holy fuck, I did enjoy to complete something once in time.

This last couple of years have been kinda shit with work and personal stuff but I've managed to squeeze out some of my best games. I've run, in sequence, a Hunter game with my old group, a Fate game and a bunch of narrative one-shots with a group of newfriends (which, by the way, allowed me to read up on a lot of interesting stuff), and I'm currently running a 4e game with a couple old friends and a couple new, and it's going great. The only complaint I have on the gaming side is that we're all thrity-somethings with jobs and families so it's not always easy to find a game night.
Plus, my padawan, who's been playing in all these games, is beginning to consider DMing, so by the end of the year I'll get to play again hopefully.

the cat is in the sock

>tfw my group is composed of normal people with normal lives and aren't autistic like half of Veeky Forums

I like pulling out the games I played in my youth and trying to recreate the sense of wonder I always got from leafing through them.

Well, I got to see an image of a kitten in a sock. So that's pretty great.

>Weekly game night is my main social outing
>We always have a fantastic time
>No one takes the game too seriously or gets butthurt
>I am voraciously flirting with one of the other players

Attached: Gentleman Kamina.jpg (426x590, 70K)

>First time GM, holding a one-shot while our usual GM is gone
>Very nervous, for the first half hour fucking up dialogue royally
>Over time get more used to it, session continues without many hitches (aside from random bandit getting 4 crits in a row)
>At the end players say I was a cool DM and suggest doing a side campaign when our main GM can't make it.

Attached: 1418266623186.gif (303x227, 1.86M)