How do I do rabbitfolk correctly? I've used beastman races in games before, but never rabbits...

How do I do rabbitfolk correctly? I've used beastman races in games before, but never rabbits. Should I include harefolk too?

Attached: depressedrabbit.png (445x780, 115K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=h_yGivHRl4Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>How do I do rabbitfolk correctly?
You don't.

>I've used beastman races in games before, but never rabbits. Should I include harefolk too?
The instant you get more complicated than "beastman" as a race, you're on the slippery slope of 9001 different furfag races in your setting. OK, you have your rabbit fetish, now what about the guy who has a catgirl fetish? Or the one who likes dog-girls? There are like 500+ breeds of dog by the way. And then what about lizardmen? And sheep-people? And bird-humanoids? And fishpeople who aren't mermains, and snake people, and wolfmen, and bearmen, and frogpeople (don;t forget those are different from toads), and ect. ect.

It's either fetish shit or special snowflake shit, neither have a place in a game that's not a half-assed ERP.

Attached: special snowflakes.jpg (680x383, 73K)

Frogpeople should great, but why can't you just choose which races you want to have in your own campaign and ignore the others?

NOOOOOO, YOU MUST USE ONLY HUMANS AND TRADITIONAL RACES OR ELSE YOU ARE A SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE FURRY

What logic is deciding what animal races can be merged with humans? If cat-people exist, why not dog people? Are they a naturally occurring thing? Did they do it to themselves? Did a wizard force it on them? Why are the "cool" (read: your fetish) animals the only ones that get hybrids? What happens if you do this process to an Elf or a Dwarf instead of a Human?

All of it makes for really shoddy world-building that obviously exists in service to a fetish, not the world itself. Let's be honest, your rabbit people don't exist because they make sense in the world, they exist because you want to wank off to bunny-girls. In the future, take the wank BEFORE you start planning your game.

Attached: furries.png (570x435, 130K)

Preferably not as humans with bunny ears

yet nobody questions why only humans (ape people) exist in the real world

Apes evolved into more advanced apes. They did not evolve into catgirls and frogmen.

Attached: Pathfinder and 5E.jpg (983x911, 283K)

Doesn't pic related do that exact thing by just having cat and dog people though? Do you really think in Dungeon Meshi it's purely for fetish reasons?

Can't you effectively kill a rabbit through startling it?
Also don't they have like a really exact diet?

If the rabbitfolk have anything in common with rabbits they'd be lucky to have made it that far as to become a humanoid race.
And if they don't share much in common with rabbits they can fuck off and you can get a better race you.

You're missing the point. We had other competitors but we wiped them out. Whose to say a setting with various beastfolk, would not have some of them getting wiped away by their competitors as reason for why some selectively do not exist?

Not who you're asking, but I rather like Dungeon Meshi's execution of it, where beastkin aren't a "race" so much as the result of magically forcing a monster soul into the same body as a human one. In a way they're almost lycanthropes caught in a constant state of half-transformation. That being said, a predator like a feline monster makes alot more sense to merge with a human than a prey creature like a rabbit. Unless you're trying to increase breeding rates or something, but given how beastkin are created (artificially) it seems unlikely they would actually be able to birth anything, or that it would be another beastkin like themselves even if they could.

Because unless they were so separated as to never come into contact with each other, AND happened to also evolve technologically at the same rate, there's no reason that we wouldn't see a situation like we did with humans. But if that were the case the world would only have one humanoid race, which typically people don't like to do, so instead of just saying "my world is different" they try to justify their shit, or ask how to do it "correctly" as the op did.
The problem there is that people who say "how do I do this correctly?"on this board often don't do it at all, and are just trying to shitpost for the sake of shitposting, because no GM worth his salt has to stop and say "Hey guys, this arbitrary race that I arbitrarily added to my game? How do I use it in a way that fits to lore and ideals of how the race should work?" because it's fucking nonsense to ask that question in the first tit-shitting place.

Fair enough, given the OP image, I'm inclined to agree it's most likely shitposting.

>They did not evolve into catgirls and frogmen.
But in my setting they did.

To be fair, in my setting humanoid races evolved from trolls, and not apes, but hey, details.

My point being that cosmology of the setting is mutable and it doesn't take much imagination to create a world where races followed other evolutionary path or were directly created by gods.

If it's in blatant service to a fetish, it's still gonna feel like it was in blatant service to a fetish, no matter what asspull """explanation""" you try to shove down the players' throats.

>most of the rabbitfolk are blind sick vagrants through myxomatosis
wow that's some grimdark shit

Honestly is there ANY reason at all that Rabbitfolk or Dogfolk would be any more magical realm than elves or kobolds? Just because something has been there for a while doesn't mean that anything new is magical realm. And yes, adding a tail and ears and keeping the rest human is fine, because Elves are just humans with sharp ears and Dwarves are just short humans and nobody has ever had any problem with that minute difference, so if someone wants to add ears and a tail and call it a different race that's fine with me.

Attached: 1520213538335.jpg (1024x1376, 237K)

Well, first you must make them filthy, ugly and always chaotic evil because it's more realistic.
Then you must give them one-note gimmick monoculture because anything else is a special snowflake shit.
And lastly, You must stop taking advice from Veeky Forums because it's just shitposting for the sake of shitposting now.

Centaur's Worries is a manga with animal people that goes into pretty heavy detail about they evolved.

Don't forget to make them eldritch fey-like creatures whose morality you couldn't possibly comprehend.

I think GURPS biotech had something like that.
Rabbit spliced folk to assist colonies in keeping breeding populations up.
But due to rabbits being so fucked up genetically this led to all sorts of horrible side effects with blindness just being the most common one.

>Allowing kobolds as a player race.
That is pretty fucking magical realm right there.

>always chaotic evil
Already done, m8. That's what "fey morality" is according to Veeky Forums, after all.

Good thing my group is mature adults, then.

Imagine, there are people who are able to play beastfolk races without giving them massive dongs and waving these dongs in front of other PCs.

Sure, but OP isn't one of them, as proven by his post image.

>as proven by his post image
Oh, oh, oh, i get it. He enjoys things IN A WRONG WAY. Clearly only SERIOUS, MATURE fantasy is allowed.

It's just aesthetic, m8. Any aesthetic can be made well or made badly.

>Any aesthetic can be made well

GG, I think this is where I stop playing.

Attached: Not taking that Bait.gif (200x180, 469K)

It's a human with rabbit ears. How is that any worse than a human with sharp ears (Elves) or short humans (Dwarves).

Attached: 4MoEZTm.jpg (1400x979, 395K)

see as it's the only piece of decent advice in this entire shitpost of a topic, then come up for a reason why it would be beneficial to choose rabbits to merge with humans instead of the million other options that instantly seem more useful for big-picture things like combat ability.

I'm not sure if there's a good answer to be honest, but you might as well pick that train of thought if you're gonna with any.

Probably it's:
>not Tolkien
>not serious, mature fantasy for serious, mature people, such as myself
>associated with /pfg/ (can't fault him here)

I understand the stigma behind furries/animes, but being skeptical and cynical to such a point is just sad.

I'd be fine with any anime-type beast races in my games. Fetish bait is only bad if the fetish is weird.

Why?

>here is your rabbitfolk

Attached: image.jpg (1280x1051, 400K)

UMA

Sooner or later I'm gonna have to finally read a GURPS book.

Wasn't there some vidya about a rabbit martial artist fighting wolves?

Yeah pretty much

What makes an elf less furry than a rabbit?

Yes they do, a lot

Viera.

>Should I include harefolk too?
No, because Japanese doesn't have separate words for rabbits and hares

Well, one's clearly based on an animal, but really, only sperg cares either way.

Honestly Pathfinder looks way more fun based off that pic. 5e side gives me the impression of people who are taking themselves way too seriously, while the Pathfinder side shows a group wanting to have fun first and foremost. People like cute monstergirls, if we didn't love them we wouldn't make them, so why not have them in a setting? They're no more ridiculous than Elves or Dwarves or whatever silly race we've come up with.

Attached: speed_dating_by_thaddeusmcboosh-dc638hn.jpg (632x1263, 98K)

They have to hop. Always.

I would say treat them akin to halfings. Small, meek burrowers who now and then have a leaning to trickery and mischief. Can be fast on their feet, easy to hide, and perhaps have abit of luck on their side. Now, for appearance, I'd go more Beatrice Potter myself, but if you wanna make them animu girls with floppy ears it isn't gonna hurt me.

You get the tribal version sometimes, but "artificial race created by adding animal traits to humans" seems to be the default explanation in Japanese fantasy. Usually they started as soldiers or slaves and are still looked down on by the other races.

As for lycanthropes, another common trope is that when a beastfolk breeds with a human, the result looks human but sometimes goes into berserk rages where they get hairy or transform fully into an animal.

Attached: Eberron - Shifter.jpg (225x308, 34K)

lugaru?

>Or the one who likes dog-girls?

That guy has patrician taste.

>le cancerous weeaboo is fun!!! XDD
kys
remember to make them eat their own young and their own poo, OP

Shit, do rabbits really eat their own young?

I kinda like the Viera from Ivalice. Yeah, they're mostly fetish bait, but they're also ultra-xenophobic druids and alchemists who fly into a berserk rage if there's too much magic around.

Attached: 1394502621580.jpg (338x461, 21K)

I thought the Viera were cat people for some reason.

Like chewing those extra-sized gummy-worms
youtube.com/watch?v=h_yGivHRl4Y

Step one; figure out what role you want them to fill in the setting.
>Peaceful farmers, maybe filling the Halfling's traditional role?
>Healers and mystics, borrowing from the Asian mythology of the Lunar Rabbit?
>The sensual race, who relies on charm and guile to get through life and is stereotyped as a bunch of sluts?
>The surprisingly serious evil conquering military? The Shin'hare of Hex take this archetype and show how it can really work.

After that, just treat them as is appropriate for the racial niche you want them to fill. Give them a history, give them relationships with the other races, give them a culture that supports that niche.

Really, there's nothing inherently wrong with beastfolk. It's when you use beastfolk as a vehicle to creep the players out with sexual weirdness that it becomes problematic.

It's just like have "monster girls". Nobody really cares so much if orc women are attractive musclegirls or if goblin females are shortstacks; it's when you keep using them to rub sex in peoples' faces or trying to force the players to have sex with them that you're being a creep.

What about horned berserkers driven into unstoppable rages by the full moon?

Attached: Moon_Al-mi'raj.jpg (400x500, 68K)

See

Throw in the al'miraj's other traits - weren't they also carnivores supposed to be capable of eating creatures many times their size? - and that'd definitely be a unique spin.

Vore is a step too far for me, but you could just have them able to eat and subsist off pretty much anything.

bow-wow, anoin-kun

Attached: 1520354367299.jpg (1000x1412, 134K)

I was saying make them carnivores who specialize in bringing down big prey, because they got anime hero style appetites that let them eat more in one sitting than you'd expect of something that small and dainty looking. Seriously, fuck vore.

Anything's fine as long as it's cute.

>slippery-slope Arguement
Ok.

Attached: 1508084976462.jpg (560x432, 40K)

Asanagi does Yuru Camp?

>those cheeks
Jesus, it looks like she's melting.

Attached: 1519063374074.jpg (408x510, 27K)

She's melting with loyal affection, you streamwhore

What if my setting is populated exclusively by kemonomimi?

Attached: 1513358256086.jpg (1600x900, 660K)

then you have already won

Ignore this furfag

Absolutely nothing is to say. I've used world methods of creation ranging from 'Holy shit an Imp proxy of a Planar Power just turned the city literally upside down, buried it, and merged the populace with their pets!' to 'What, they don't have Genesis Pits where you're from?', to old machines churning out 'random samples', to....

Use all the folk you want. Only grognards and fools get upset at someone else's (non-masturbatory, non-harmful) ideas of fun.

My last race of rabbitfolk had been created by storm giants, but when the giants finally died out they became imperialistic and enslaved the catfolk. The campaign began with the party battling fleeing centaurs who were escaping the imperialistic Hisa Army (Hisa are the rabbitfolk).

Fuck people who see Schroedinger's Fetish Furry.

Hyperactive, short-term focused, if not perpetually terrified then at least on edge at all times. Quick to abandon goals and bolt for safety, voracious eater. That oughta give you a basis for an easily roleplayed personality.

>All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.

because dwarves, humans, and elves are all similar looking enough to make you think "yeah there's probably a common ancestor in there somewhere", and they all developed their own culture and race identities.

Adding animal ears on a human means to me that they're probably have been cursed or do weird cosplay. Having them be a wide spread race is just lazy and ends up being stupid moe shit.

Did someone say rabbits?

Attached: 1487615554645.gif (480x309, 2.56M)

Rabbits are for bullying.

D&D Fags hate fun. Simple as that

>5eg
where are all the black people?

Really, rabbitfolk are underutilized, there's some interesting ideas here.

Ninja bunnies.

Attached: 1521253361215.webm (800x450, 1.03M)