Warhammer 40k general /40kg/

standby for titanfall edition

>mephrit, aka "hasta la vista, baby"
warhammer-community.com/2018/03/20/preview-the-mephrit-dynasty-and-destroyersgw-homepage-post-2/

>WHTV Tip of the Day:
youtube.com/watch?v=433TfpTq0wM

>FAQs:
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Megas:
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega:
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Mathhammer:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

>Tau Codex:
Epub
mega.nz/#!M8Fi0CaI!sk5MB-ZX9GAO8iNACYAue2MF4OmTi3xT_Q4zLXGVQvA
PDF
mega.nz/#!AbQG0CbA!RhIyj5eq1SUXx7m0oaDKVPhTfw5h6ibYQ0mSZRCGPTA

Attached: IMG_2238.jpg (759x958, 263K)

As cool as mechs are, it would be nice to see more info on the numerous auxilleries within the T'au that we know next to nothing about. Hell, maybe even see some of those mechs get downgraded and converted for human use on the Planetary Defense Forces.

Attached: 1521431834133.png (961x1400, 990K)

2nd for bring back Tau formations!

Are drop pods worth taking these days? If so, what chapter can put 'em to best use?

So how do you think an Imperial Knight and two Armigers will do at 1000 point games ?

What about two Imperial Knights and four Armigers at 2000 points ?

Attached: 1521560027195[1].jpg (1135x644, 111K)

Repostan

Ok, so let’s sit down and talk about the Ghostkeel, the superlative tau suit. How do you guys think they should be taken?
>sept bork obviously
>want to maximize on -2 to hit by staying in cover and keeping drones out of LOS
>avoid melee but can fly so not a huge deal being in that 10-20” range
Now guns are a big choice and make for two different playstyles, both very viable
>fusion collider is short ranged (24” with Bork) and can be unreliable, but does good damage when it’s going strong.
>raker does less damage than fusion but has a lot safer range (36” Bork) and can threaten more than just vehicles.
>also does potential self harm but you’re Tau, ML rerolls are bread and butter. Seriously if it doesn’t have this then you’re screwed to start with
>for top guns, seems to be dependent on main guns. Fusion? Go blasters, you’re gonna be close anyway. Raker? Take burst cannons and hope you won’t need them too much
Systems are a huuuuge buff too, though which ones go on is tough since you’re capped at 2.
>target lock is almost a must-take for the allowance of mobility, but shield generator is great too as with 4++ plus -2 to hit you’re one seriously tanky motherfucker.
>This seems what’s best for fusion man, but dropping one of them (probably the shield?) for a targeting system if you’re taking the raker is a very smart move as you end up doing more damage than un-rerolling collider, from double the range.
So final loadouts are probably going to look like this;
>GK with drones, collider, 2 blasters, generator, target lock (199pts)
>snaps away 4 melta shots and is gonna be operating mostly within 18-8”
or
>GK with drones, raker, 2 burst cannons, advanced targeting, target lock (187pts)
>fires off 6 battle cannon shots plus 8 shorter range heavy bolter rounds and can fight best in the 36-15” zone
So, which one do you pick? I’m thinking they’re both solid AT and do good next to stealth and strike spam. Did I miss anything?

Attached: IMG_2237.jpg (600x600, 88K)

#

>Tomorrow, we’ll be looking at the bloodthirsty Novokh Dynasty, and their surprising skill in close combat…

>Surprising

Who the hell would be _surprised_ Necrons are good at melee? Especially now that initiative isn't a thing.

>not tautanfall
One job

They will do poorly at any level compared to almost any army but that isn't going to stop me from making a band of Freeblades

>thunder hammers are always just sledgehammers
Would help if they tried to mix it up.

Attached: Indian_war_hammer_.jpg (618x768, 87K)

New to the hobby, will I need both a knife and a mold line remover or will just one suffice? and if so which one? Thanks

Attached: 1519834702945.jpg (1240x942, 48K)

Juse buy a hobby knife, the dull edge of it is good enough as a mold line remover.

Sledgehammers are objectively cooler than warhammers. Why do you think Mjolnir has always been a sledgehammer?

Depends on their loadout I guess. As is they probably won't perform terribly well although I guess if your opponent isn't expecting armour you might do okay. Once we get a codex, maybe it'll be viable but really knights should be supporting other imperial troops I think so I wouldn't expect them to be fantastic as a mono army

I'm doing a Martian desert-themed Tau army, and for fluff reasons I'm trying to model them with robes, shemaghs, and headscarves to keep the abrasive dust out of their armor. How should I go about putting the greenstuff around those communication antennae they have on their helmet? Should I cut out a hole and have it poking through? Should I wrap the headscarf above and below it, avoiding it entirely? Or should I just not put the antenna on the helmet in the first place?

Pic related is kinda what I'm going for, but I won't have the robes completely covering up their armor, it'll be more like a cape or poncho.

Attached: Bedoin_warrier.jpg (6932x5427, 2.48M)

Laziness?

Attached: 259px-Indo-Persian_war_hammer.jpg (259x767, 35K)

repostan reply

Yeah I'm definitely going for the second option on my ghostkeels, I'd prefer to leave my AT to commanders because I know they can get the job done more reliably and thats definitely a role I cant afford to take gambles on around here

>Would help if they tried to mix it up.

>This large warhammer incorporates an energy field emitter within its head that activates only when the hammer strikes its target. This allows the weapon to store a tremendous amount of energy and release it only at the moment of impact, producing a terrific blast of energy and concussive force like the crack of thunder, from which the name of the weapon originates.

Need the head to be large enough to store the energy emitter.

ravenwing dudes have different ones.

Just an x-acto knife bud, the mold line remover is fucking stupid. To remove mold lines, just scrape them with the knife, opposite of the direction you'd cut with it. For even better results, make sure to scrub and wash your parts before assembly. Put them in some warm, soapy water and take a very soft toothbrush and gently scrub them for a few minutes. Wash off the soapy water and let it dry before assembling.

Practice each way on extra fire warrior heads and find out which you like the most.

repostan

There are better tank/plane hunters like fusion blade coldstars and JSJ commanders, so I dont like the idea of running it with fusion collider. Seems like a waste of points.

I use my ghostkeel as a midfield/flank protector that deploys in cover and rarely (if ever) moves. I run it with the CIR and burst cannons, with an ATS and a shield generator. That leaves with a T6 10 wound 3+/4++ deploying directly into cover and a -2 to get hit by anything except planes and bikes that get within 6" and stratagems that can heal it for D3 every turn.
It's the best speed bump in the Tau arsenal. This is how tau *blocks your path*

Cause it was made wrong due to loki's meddling

So that's why they're sledgehammers.

Soon

Attached: Hrud.jpg (480x360, 42K)

Coolness.

Can you imagine Thor with some dinky little historical warhammer? Fuck that.

Attached: image.jpg (800x559, 114K)

What's the best way to equip a nonbiker Iron Hands captain? Maybe a thunderhammer and the shield eternal?

>blocks your path
hehe, nothing personnel, hrud

Attached: 1521063557789.jpg (1199x855, 324K)

Where is the rule that states astra militarum infantry sergents can not take certain guns? user the other day said they can't take lasguns but codex states they can replace the laspistol with an item in the ranged weapons list.

Attached: IMG_20180319_143539.jpg (2448x2448, 830K)

No, that's why it has a short handle. It was always gonna be a sledge.

Firewarriors come with a ton of extra heads/arms to practice on m8

I mean that hammer is pretty dinky. Handle's way too short

If you look at the Ranged Weapons list it's a Bolt Pistol, Boltgun and Plasma Pistol.

Okay. Now look in the ranged weapon list

What is the cheapest space marine flyer by points?

The hammer is big, the handle is short.

Fighting with a hammer with a one handed grip is weird, but he's a super strong god with a magic belt of double strength. He makes it work.

Ranged Weapon List for characters does not include all weapons, user.

Stormpotatoe

it'll be fun. Running across the table screaming is funny

Cheers guys, just working out my shopping list for my incoming purchase

Fuck

How do autists do with conversions? I was thinking about doing a conversion on my piranha's but it would lightly change the sight lines on the model lines on the model. Would this make the unit unplayable?

Attached: 14614435_10209137452966867_2111299328_o.jpg (1469x1221, 204K)

You'd think he'd some kind of special gloves to wield it properly

For a tournament or competitive game, yeah probably. For a friendly game, they shouldn't care unless they're really autistic

a conversion ought to have the same or larger dimensions of the normal model, otherwise it might be a problem. I shouldn't put a dreadnought on marine legs but I can put a dreadnought on sentinel legs, for an example

>had trouble with a minor migration

The Tau have been pushing Hrud's shit in every single time they try to migrate, they aren't a threat they're just a nuisance m8

>minor migrations
Totally owning Hrud guys!
Call me when Tau face sector wide migrations

The Imperium have been pushing the Tau's shit in every single time they try to expand, they aren't a threat they're just a nuisance m8

Reminder that Orks will win.

Attached: 1521498830458.png (811x608, 587K)

How 2 equip broadsides? Missiles seem both more reliable and more versatile than rifle, but that leaves question of support systems; do I take ATS for that sweet AP-2 or target lock to be more mobile? It's pretty backline and can fly so I'm leaning toward ATS

I was curious when the Codex leaked, but how does this stratagem work? If my character has 3 attacks, does it work on all 3, or just the very first? It specifically says the first attack, so I was assuming the latter. What do you think?

Attached: 40kNecrons-Mar20-EntropicStrike5wx.jpg (500x252, 27K)

What do you mean with “will”?
Last time I check Orks already won

>t.screaming green retard who was literally born yesterday

The IG index includes Power Axe/Maul as options, but the codex does not. Does this mean it is illegal/inadvisable to use these?

ATS is filthy

>Fly
>Broadsides
Missiles, Seeker, ATS is the best for Bork'an

>It's pretty backline and can fly so I'm leaning toward ATS

broadsides do not have fly, only the drones it deploys with have that

ATS is pretty costly now but its decent, another alternative is the shield generator

So I'm trying to expand my dusty boys to 2k size. I'm not trying to make a competitive list but I don't want it to be straight garbage either, how can I optimize this a tad more while keeping the marines? I was thinking of dropping the termies and term sorc for a exalted and another rubric squad/maybe a pair of bird squads(for the bigger detachment), but I'm a bit worried about losing the durability.

++ Super-Heavy Auxiliary Detachment (Chaos - Questor Traitoris) [23 PL, 458pts] ++

+ Lord of War +

Renegade Knight [23 PL, 458pts]: Heavy stubber, Reaper chainsword
. Rapid-fire battle cannon and heavy stubber: Heavy stubber

++ Super-Heavy Auxiliary Detachment (Chaos - Thousand Sons) [23 PL, 445pts] ++

+ Lord of War +

Magnus the Red [23 PL, 445pts]: Doombolt, Tzeentch's Firestorm, Warlord, Warptime

++ Patrol Detachment (Chaos - Thousand Sons) [65 PL, 1087pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Gametype: Matched

+ HQ +

Ahriman on Disc of Tzeentch [9 PL, 166pts]

Sorcerer in Terminator Armour [8 PL, 131pts]: Force stave, Inferno Combi-bolter, Tzeentch's Firestorm, Warptime

+ Troops +

Rubric Marines [14 PL, 187pts]
. Aspiring Sorcerer: Force stave, Inferno Bolt Pistol
. 8x Rubric Marine w/ Inferno Boltgun: 8x Inferno boltgun

Rubric Marines [14 PL, 225pts]: Icon of Flame
. Aspiring Sorcerer: Force stave, Inferno Bolt Pistol
. 8x Rubric Marine w/ Inferno Boltgun: 8x Inferno boltgun
. Rubric Marine w/ Soulreaper cannon: Soulreaper cannon

+ Elites +

Scarab Occult Terminators [11 PL, 226pts]: Hellfyre Missile Rack
. Scarab Occult Sorcerer: Force stave, Inferno Combi-bolter
. 4x Terminator: 4x Inferno Combi-bolter, 4x Powersword

+ Heavy Support +

Maulerfiend [9 PL, 152pts]: Lasher tendrils

++ Total: [111 PL, 1990pts] ++

What sept m8? It could mean a difference

If I have one detachment of IG and another of soup, which stratagems can I use? Is it that I can use all the IG ones but I still have to obey the targeting rules, since they pretty much all specify an unit.

Rumour engine piece looks familiar.

Attached: exhaust.jpg (1219x1009, 139K)

My guess is GW retardation since Necron character do not seem to have more than one type of attack.
But maybe Necrons can have more than one type of melee outside of their stick and fist

Index options can be used, but things that are also in the codex are overwritten by them.

>If my character has 3 attacks, does it work on all 3, or just the very first?
The first close combat attack.

So only 1 gets to phase.

>Just some people who died yesterday

Attached: 1521158951206.jpg (720x720, 65K)

so long as you have one detatchemnt of pure IG, you have access to all the IG stratagems which can be used on any of your IG units, regardless of which detatchment they are in

Retard alert

>more liek cadiafalls

>Patrol for 1100 pts
Get one more troop so you get a battalion at least

>destroyed knight scenery

I'm really leaning towards EWOR.
But my meta has lots of deep striking units.

>Sure I can bubble wrap... or I can kill them.

Yeah that's what I'm wanting help with finagling

Yep, new Knight model which lines up perfectly with the rumors of another Knight box coming in soon.

Why are you forcing this maymay

Great, thanks. Sucks that there are so few options for irregular equipment, but I guess its to make balance easier.

What is the right bit from?

I missed this, is there more info than just 'it might be happening?'

How the fuck do i deal with spaceyiff deepstrike spam as Dangles?

Attached: 1422429454277.jpg (601x601, 78K)

Would 2, Quad Las Preds be enough of a threat to draw shots away from a Stormraven with a base load out and Hurrican Bolters as well as carrying Mephiston and a DC Dread?

I know I could keep Mephiston out of it and hope he can pop wings to get him around but keeping him inside then popping him out turn 2 assures I can get him where exactly I need him.

Go get the designers commentary from the GW site. There's a handy dandy chart at the end just for you

3-6 scout units

can you take these?

Attached: spider.jpg (779x551, 41K)

If thats true I hope they bring over one of the weirder designs from Epic.

Attached: Screenshot (76).png (999x767, 1.28M)

Attached: paladin.jpg (501x604, 76K)

I'd love a Warden (then hunched one), but they already used the name on the extended edition Imperial Knight box.

I didn't ask to be born

Sorry had to make a mistake so people would respond, but yeah I'm thinking they aren't gonna get shot at too much.

I'm doing borkan and am taking this as my anti-tank stuff:
>fusion commander
>2 raker keels
>2 missile broadsides
>2 ion hammerheads
>3x3 ion rifles nested in some pathfinders
Plus a shitload of infantry and a unit of basic stealt suits, 13CP for maximum fun

Also is it better to take the 4++ shield and only have 3 fusion on a commander?

Only Elysian Drop Troops sergeants are allowed to take Lasguns which is the only exception amongst all regiments afaik.

Question: So 8e's new setting is like advanced by 100 years.

The Tanith First and Only are in the Astra Militarum codex. Sooo, either all the guardsmen (heroes?) of the Ghosts have much longer lives (which would still be weird, the Sabbat Worlds are still going on after the Konor Campaign?)

Are the Tanith in the 8e 'dex the Tanith after they've settled on their world they had earned after the Sabbat Worlds Crusade ended and have evolved into a vast actual regiment, or are they just still driving through the muck of it?

I've not read The Warmaster yet, so idk if that's set in the new setting or not

scouts, tarantula turrets, or take allied guard regiments to screen.

Still, a mega sentinel would be dope.

hello friends, im fixing to run a super heavy detachment with the two armigers im getting from forgebane and a cerastus knight acheron. Can tech priests/enginseers repair cerastus knights? also fuckin checkem my god

>this is what IG players actually believe

Ok Tau and Necron finally get their own codex and Dark Eldar will get their own soon. Any other rumours about other codex release?

pls respond

Attached: 1521304019971.png (1600x1200, 1.84M)

>Ork Codex
Excuse me?

Attached: Confuse.png (890x661, 166K)

I'm guessing Knights are next.
With the 4ish new units via baby Knights

Your confirmation bias is overrunning user

There was a guy on dakka who said knights were getting their codex after deldar along side the rerelease of Imperial Knights: Renegade, he also leaked the taudex IIRC