Why are there so many medieval and steampunk RPGs, but no Napoleonic RPGs?

Why are there so many medieval and steampunk RPGs, but no Napoleonic RPGs?

Attached: 1487193692547.jpg (800x1335, 152K)

7th Sea

The blade of her sword is still on backwards.

God I wish that were me

Which?

That autist posts this exact thread with that exact image for how long now? Just ignore it. Profoundly wise man in every field.

girl on her kness

nothing like getting mind broken via rape and executed

>Less versatile
>Less complexity to the combat
>Harder to include fantasy elements
>RPGs tend to focus on adventure rather than war and political intrigue
>Less potential for adventure
>Have to plan out more history in a Napoleonic setting than in a medieval one
Also, is steampunk actually a thing? I always thought it was something that people imagined existed so they could complain about it.

Steampunk is an aesthetic people get really anal about. I've only really seen it done well in Dishonored but none of that had any punk to it and all steam but the steam was whale oil.

7th Sea is more Enlightenment/Age of Sail than Napoleonic.

Hot

Just watch an old british drama starring Sean Bean called Sharpe. That's all you need to run a campaign in that era.

because you wanted to post that picture again.

>the shot still misses

I wonder if the guy who made the piss edit is upset that OP never uses his version.

Wait, there's an edit of her getting pissed on? Cuz that's hot.

It's obviously going to be of her wetting her pants in fear, moron.

Damn, that's disappointing. Would be great to see her getting pissed on.

The adaptation of the Powder Mage novels into an RPG just came out. Its kind of napoleonic, I mean the soldiers wear shakos.

I know this is anecdotal, but one time visiting Disneyland my family coincidentally artrived during “steampunk” day. I can’t properly estimate the number of steampunk attendents, but they certainly seemed to be on every ride and or corner.

Do you ever take a step back from your computer, clear your mind for a moment, and then relook at what you've written recently? You ought to, once in a while.

In the old days he would have just done the edit himself, but it's much easier to shitpost than to be productive.

They'd be too short.

Because "medieval" can span from the migrator period to the late Age of Discovery, and steampunk can span from late Regency era to WWI. Napoleonic is specifically 16 years with nothing meaningfull happening other than wars and some socioeconomic constitutional ammendments.

Well, nothing turns me on more than getting some worthless noble whore on her knees, pleading for her life, bargaining with her vagina. I can only imagine the terror on her face as I inform her she isn't even worthy of serving as my cocksleeve before I splatter her 'noble' brains all over the ground, soiled with the blood of far more deserving yet also far more foolish men who died in vain, trying to protect her. All in the name of VIRTUE and REPUBLICANISM.

Perhaps we should hook up.

I know one guy who posts on this board with edgy content like that, and I thought they banned him years ago.

because anglos where BTFO

God that's hot.

Do you have the piss edit?

>Piss
>In MY republic
Do you want to be executed in a toilet? I'm not sure I like this anymore.

>has guro fetish
>but piss is a bridge too far

He was back here within the day, even after making his tear-filled blogpost about how he was done with Veeky Forums.

I don't have a fetish for anything but thots getting BTFO. Preferably in such a way that they don't bother me in death, as they already bother me enough in life.
Competent women unironically are my fetish though, but they're unicorns. Guess that makes me a furry?

I wish I could remember his name exactly since I want to find the story a guy who claimed to know him IRL. It was something like virtualoptim

Because it doesn't emphasize heroes, but belligerents and factions.
It emphasizes commanders with formation tactics not the individual special rifleman of whatever the fuck regiment out to thwart the not!Napoleon.

This is usually where wargaming shines however.