Warcraft Lore and RPG Discussion

deep edition

Discuss the lore and story of the Warcraft franchise and its application in and around traditional games.

>Document compendium: Contains official (ex-canon) DnD 3.x variants and a fan made DnD 5e version! Also contains the official Warcraft Chronicles volumes 1 and 2.
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B52pEESRLwfBM3V0Sm5NTlBITlk

>Previous thread

Attached: how_the_mighty_fall_by_lillithren-d3c9y2v.jpg (900x808, 194K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xXLd_koGU2g
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Your time is up, old hag.

Come and face me.

There can only be one leader of the Wardens.

Attached: fel.png (900x1200, 1.46M)

Garrosh was a voice to all the orcs who didn't by into Thrall's collective guilt bullshit, and wanted to move forward. Alas, orcs will never be allowed to forget the six gorillion that died in the First War alone and their "leaders" will still collectively punish every single one of them by forcing them to live in a desert

best warden

Attached: 1521583931474.jpg (900x1600, 1.25M)

Attached: 1521599375838.jpg (1171x1171, 261K)

You've lived too long. Suffered too much. Your vision is warped.

Let me put you out of your misery, you old bitch.

Attached: fel2.gif (500x282, 1.37M)

LET MAKE A MINUTE

Attached: 1521515211072.png (904x125, 18K)

JUST TO SIT RIGHT HERE

Attached: 1521514441088.png (915x97, 16K)

Vandel was weak. A child.

But I've studied your ways. Learned by your very hand.

I know all of your tricks.

It is time for a new order.

Child's play.

Attached: fel.png (961x958, 807K)

AND I'LL TELL YA ALL ABOUT

Attached: 1521513988133.png (925x193, 28K)

Did Queen Azshara require her handmaidens to be virgins and/or chaste?

HOW I BECAME THE, uh, shit.
What the Fel rhymes with "there" properly?

Probably the opposite. Vashj was a huge sloot.

Nobody within a ten mile radius of Azshara was ever chaste.

Pathetic.

Would the real Maiev please stand up?

Attached: fel.png (1920x1080, 1.97M)

>old bitch.

Bitch she's 10/10 with nice feet. You stink of demon balls.

Attached: Maiev_prisoner.jpg (350x475, 134K)

>10/10

I wonder how much demon cock she had to gobble in order to sound how Therazane looks.

None, her voice is distilled hate.

Attached: maiev slooty.png (409x689, 408K)

What's more egregious when it comes to lore violations, SI:7 and Stormwind's military besieging Stormwind Cathedral or the militant members of the Church of the Holy Light laying siege to SI:7's headquarters, in both cases in order to right perceived wrongs?

The Church probably got void corrupted again.

The Church of the Holy Light going after SI:7. They loved Varian and Anduin is a fucking priest. I'd be willing to bet they're further in his corner than the House of Nobles!

Gorak Tul did nothing wrong.

It was Drust land and the h*mans had no right to settle on it.

Kul Tiran genocide when

Attached: Drust_Shaman_concept.jpg (1243x1184, 115K)

>enter Drustvar
>LELELELELELELE starts playing

What did they mean by this?

>Would the real Maiev please stand up?

Look, I was gonna go easy on you, not to hurt your feelings
But I'm only going to get this one chance
Something's wrong, I can feel it
Just a feeling I've got, like something's about to happen, but I don't know what
If that means, what I think it means, we're in trouble, big trouble,
And if you're as bananas as you say, I'm not taking any chances

I'm beginning to feel like a God, Rap God
All my Watchers from the front to the back nod, back nod
Now you think your arms are long enough to slap box, slap box?
They said I sing like a shadow, so call me Shadowsong

But for me to sing like a shadow must be in my genes
I got a caltrop in my back pocket
My pen'll go off when I half-cock it
Got a fat knot from that rap profit
Made a living and a killing off it
Ever since Malfuriom was still in office
With Tyrande's lips feeling on his nut-sack
I'm an Warden still as honest
But as rude and indecent as all hell syllables, killaholic
This slickety, gibbedy, hibbedy hip hop
You don't really wanna get into a pissing match with this rappidy rap
Packing a Blade in the back of the pack backpack rap, yep, yackidy-yac
The exact same time I attempt these lyrical acrobat stunts while I'm practicing
That I'll still be able to break a motherfuckin' table
Over the back of a couple of Felbats and crack it in half
Only realized it was ironic I was signed to the Vault after the fact
How could I not kill? All I do is drop Glaive-bombs, feel my wrath of attack
Fel-Watchers are having a rough time period, here's a Silkweave-Pad

Attached: tumblr_p36y7fcriw1r687oqo1_540.gif (540x304, 2.02M)

Post smug characters

Attached: mtn dew wizard.png (1600x900, 1.97M)

Attached: LightofLights.jpg (188x269, 15K)

>When Velen puts his faith in the Light
>When you one-shot Turalyon's god
>When Maiev spills every single ounce of spaghetti in the Vault

Attached: Jelly+of+my+deeps+brah+_d7faed082c69f559a4bf676d7276081e.jpg (667x603, 35K)

this. Kul Tirans are a general violent and genocidal race, as evidenced with Daelin's autism in Durotar or Jaina's autism after Theramore

Hard to say. As another user pointed out: there's a precedent for the Church falling to outside powers, so if you go that route as the means of their aggression, then it makes enough sense. However, as yet another user said: Anduin himself is a priest, so he probably has a better political grasp on the Church than his spymasters, who seem to be in Genn's pocket as of late.

Does anyone actually like Tyrande? I think her HotS design is pretty good.

When did her thighs become so thick?

Attached: Tyrande_cosplay.jpg (1320x625, 750K)

TLDR

>Mtn Dew
>not Brawndo
It's like you don't even want electrolyts... and stuff.

Attached: Brawndo.png (287x287, 173K)

Justified. The Horde deserved it, and they still do.

They get a good workout taking big tauren dick

The HotS devs like thicc girls. Just look what they did to Alexstrasza

Attached: 1517684269014.jpg (3840x2160, 1.05M)

Surprisingly smug

Attached: Anduin Wrynn.jpg (1600x1177, 425K)

Tyrande is a character Blizzard has no idea what to do with. She's become worse than a villain-she's just unlikable.

Iunno. She's just kinda...failed to impress me for the vast majority of her character's existence.

So who's the smuggest character in Warcraft? Khadgar? Azshara?

Attached: Heh, Greetings.jpg (529x507, 70K)

t. Kul Tiran landstealer

The Drust shall be avenged.

Honestly, I hate to say it, but I think Illidan.

Depends what you're after, I personally want the nelves to go back to their roots in WC3. Nu Night elves look ultra modern.

Attached: 110413_tyrande[1].jpg (585x400, 117K)

Onyxia went around wearing THAT with a kid present, yet nobody suspected she was actually evil the whole time?

Hit me up with your pre-Legion Azshara art.

I mean, look at him in that art, he ain't looking in her direction

Medivh

Attached: ANYTHING GOES.jpg (1920x1080, 209K)

Define 'modern'

I approve and think they should do more of this to the WarCraft ladies.

Modern as in, high heel wearing, girly girls that vaguely resemble the warrior women they once were.

Attached: 3634b5746f4ae64b21405600c3497e4e[1].jpg (564x453, 41K)

While we're on the topic, who's your favorite night elf, anons?

Azshara or Shandris.

>Fuck you, new mom, you're a slut and I'm not gonna listen to you.

Shandris is the only one worth anything.

As much as I love the Maiev memes, Shandris is the only one that's not crazy, stupid, or both.

I like a little crazy in my brew.

So definitely Maiev. I feel like she's the last semi-relevant night elf who still has claws.

Fandral

What do you think will happen to glorious General Shandris Feathermoon and Feathermoon Stronghold and the night elves of Feralas in BfA?
unless something happened in Cataclysm that I missed

>Maiev
>Little crazy

Attached: maxresdefault (3).jpg (1280x720, 58K)

Watered down even more in to generic humans with pointy ears and no culture.

Little crazy, a lot crazy.

Really, she's just the level I like.

They wear bustiers and battle thongs and have painted lips and wear jewelry and shit in the WC3 art. That's.. pretty girly and modern, dude. I wouldn't ever actually call them 'warrior women'.

Retaking Dire Maul to use as the new night elf capital after their ugly tree burned down.

Feathermoon Stronghold was destroyed, but they built a new one.

They will be ignored or marginalized in battlefronts.

Worse case, rendered retarded to prop up Anduin.

Attached: slutty nelf.png (714x1000, 652K)

Best Case: leads the army that retakes Ashenvale
Worst Case: dies to defend Ashenvale
Most Likely Case: Does nothing so the humans can save the day

Shandris is still alive and active as of War Crimes, having survived the Theramore Bomb.
Best case is that she becomes one of the Warfront commanders, in which case she's safe from being canonically killed.
Worst case is that she dies during the burning of Teldrassil. Which is unfortunately likely, given what's datamined.

>Most Likely Case: Does nothing so the humans can save the day
It makes me sad how true this is.

>dude lmao take this bait that implies amazonion warrior women with a warrior culture are really glam models
Well you got me! Here's your (you)

Tyrande is the only tolerable one for me.

Maybe pre-Legion Illidan but he's still kind of dumb.

Honestly their floppy ears and overly long proportions are not appealing to me so I mostly ignore them. I thought I would like the male Druid more but they're either sanctimonious short-sighted assholes like Malfurion or worthless shitters like Fandral.

I like High Elves and Naga more.

Visually they have very girly elements in WC3. Bustiers, thongs, and lipstick are all very effeminate. Sorry to burst your bubble.

>Visually they have very girly elements in WC3. Bustiers, thongs, and lipstick are all very effeminate
Let's be honest here, how much rape happened during Grommash's first day in Ashenvale?

>nudity is effeminate

Good question. Depends on what drinking Mannoroth's blood did to them a second time. My understanding is it does nothing but spike their aggression and bloodlust up to immense levels, so I honestly have my doubts that much rape was happening compared to indiscriminate mutilation and slaughter. Maybe after their post-battle high they might have engaged in it but didn't Thrall eventually show up and reprimand him and the rest of the Warsongs?

>feminine sexy clothes are feminine

Sorry. They're warriors but they have always dressed and looked like your typical fantasy battleslut.

Eh, Warcraft lore kind of skirts around the topic of rape. The only times it's implied all involve either Orcs, Dragons, or both, so it's become a meme they're both all firing to go for some non-consent love.

Holy SHIT

Attached: Some Korean fuck made this shit.jpg (1600x800, 571K)

I love that dudes work. You should look up the rest, he's fantastic at doing battle scenes.

>Implying they aren't warrior women when that's what they are.
>Implying "These women fight with unmatched savagery! I've never seen their equal. They are... perfect warriors." never happened.
>Implying their entire culture isn't based off being savage xenophobic nature freaks
>Implying we should ignore established cannon
No one's contesting the night elves are sexy but WoW has been one, long, slow decline for them. Lets just be honest, you're in to them because they're fetishbait for you.

Attached: justin-thavirat-03nightelf[1].jpg (1920x1897, 2.24M)

HOW DID ANDUIN JUMP THAT HIGH?

the quality of the pic released is very shit for the size
youtube.com/watch?v=xXLd_koGU2g

>Implying "These women fight with unmatched savagery! I've never seen their equal. They are... perfect warriors." never happened.

Kosak did more than imply. He made it reality.

Attached: The Matt Ward of Blizzard.png (250x292, 65K)

And they still look like conventionally attractive feminine females with long flowing hair, painted faces, cleavage cut tops, thongs and so on. Be mad all you want but in fashion those are feminine looking traits.

Words say one thing, visuals say something completely different.

Attached: 1a1[1].png (605x453, 599K)

They're sexy BECAUSE they're feminine looking you dunce.

>Feminine and savage warrior women are mutually exclusive

Come on.

She's my go-to in HotS, but I never liked her as a character, no. Malfurion and Maiev were my favourite night elves in WCIII, with Fandral being my favourite in WoW. Hard to say who it is, now. Jarod or Naralex, maybe?

Would you still be into them that much if they looked more believable; i.e. covered head to toe in armor, scars, broken noses and missing teeth, mangled ears, hair cut short and boyish?

I know you're going to make some contrarian response saying that's your fetish to try and save face so go ahead and spare yourself the wordcount.

Poster said they were becoming 'too girly'. They've always been feminine and girly. You can still be feminine and girly and kill people. You don't turn in your femininity license the moment you pick up a bow, sword or machinegun and kill someone with it.

I think I get what he meant though-the savage warrior women are now mostly cutesy SAVE THE FOREST druids. Less appearance and more attitude.

>Projection
You're acting like I have some kind of political motiviation and instead reading what I'm saying. "Vaguely resemble the warrior women that they once were" i.e. they don't act like they used to, at all. Tyrande's just arm candy.

>Tyrande's just arm candy.
Her short story in MoP was mainly about Malfurion. The rest was her fussing about him like a trophy wife. Soon after that, ALP happens.

Its downright disgusting what Blizzard has done to her.

Attached: tyrande_whisperwind__high_priestess_of_elune_by_mr__jack-d7au3lu.jpg (1131x707, 127K)

No, that wasn't my point at all you autist. When did I ever complain about them being attractive or wearing skimpy clothing? Old Tyrande told Malfurion to fuck off, Nu Tyrande would probably mince up to him to tickle him with her fairy wand and ask for the latest magazine of HUMANED.com

my theory on the state of Warcraft.

Alliance = Azeroth World Soul manifested as an idea through out its created races and spread through wifi like system( This is why all native titan races join the alliance without much resistance)
Humans,Dwarves, Gnomes, Vykrul, Native Azeroth Titan races = A part of Azeroth manifested as a being in order for Azeroth to explore its consciences
Stormwind Humans = The closest thing to what Azeroth is which is why they are always shown as so good. This is also the Reason Titans created Orcs in the long run so they could destroy it and see Azeroths reaction to her core being being destroyed. So when she has the final battle with the Void Lords she doesn't end up getting corrupted.

Horde = Artificials created beings without a World soul inside them made by the Titans or Naturally
Orcs, Trolls, Goblins,Tauren don't have the spark of a World soul in them.
Titans had planned for Orcs to exist the entire time and for them to invade Azeroths world soul so she could mature and grow up
Natural Artificial beings without a World soul like Goblins and Trolls are actually just stuff from the Old gods that lost their connection to and gained free will, none the less they still serve the old gods by corrupting areas around them with Loa and Goblin Greed.

The end goal for a World Soul like Azeroth is to fully explore her consciences and become sort of like a Paladin God and defeat Void without falling to corruption like Sargeras.

There exist realms beyond Azeroth and the Void Worlds where these battles have taken place before.

my far out theory is that Anduin is actually an aspect of Azeroth that she created in the Womb as a male being and when Anduin sees the Azerite he gets some of his memories of being a young world soul.

...Uh, I'm going to say no on that one.

THANK YOU, someone bothered to read my posts instead of jumping the gun like a god damn autist on a anti sjw crusade.
I didn't want to focus on her specifically in my posts she was just the initial character.

Orcs were confirmed to be a titan creation in WoD. Also, Draenor has/had a world soul. So, you're already wrong on that basis alone, never mind everything else you typed out.

He did say the Titans created the Orcs in that weirdness though.

But the Orcs were just a byproduct of Aggramar's plant puncher, so saying they were designed to act as some sort of challenge to make the Azeroth Titanforged better is, uh, a stretch.

Blizzard did nothing, she's always been a dumb cunt.

Orcs were created by the Titans but they don't have a world soul like Azeroth in them. They are of this realm which is why they have ancestor worship and can meet the dead easily while Humans advance to another realm when they die unless their souls get trapped.

>Also, Draenor has/had a world soul.

Nope.