/CofD/ & /wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness General

Previous thread: >Pastebin:
pastebin.com/7HiVphFm
>News
theonyxpath.com/now-available-its-raining-cats-of-mau-and-dogs-of-pugmire/
>This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
theonyxpath.com/dragon-blood-from-a-stone-monday-meeting-notes/
>Question:
So why'd the Tremere think turning themselves into vampires was a good idea again?
>New Geist preview
theonyxpath.com/the-dead-belong-below-geist-the-sin-eaters/
>New Deviant preview
theonyxpath.com/variations-on-a-theme/
>General Creation Kit
mega.nz/#F!FWJgBTbb!f7d5rARWHYzuI8-8aI-Bxw

Attached: chessboard.png (788x386, 225K)

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1LTRTPPS4Mqt6Kl6eOo7C4HDJzL475F_WCcgEhn_ow_Q/edit#heading=h.j9sb3d2ha7tc
tinkertailorsoldiersponge.com/homt/14
podcasts.personallifemedia.com/podcasts/225-sex-tantra-and-kama-sutra/episodes/2931-passion-tips-priest-love-phil
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Magick was becoming unstable and they thought it was ending.

Do we know when Geist 2e is due for release, or is that still a murky area?
What about Hunter 2e?

What would you like to see in a 2e VrR write up of Elders?

more bloodlines, for starters

A way for elders to start obtaining Shadow Potency and a permanent demi-"Dark Places" (as in the strix thing) style private haven type thing. This'd also open up new feeding methods KotE like.

Basically the uberest of elders could wind up

>Shadow Potency
What do you mean with that? Do elders automatically deal with the Strix?

A way, probably meaning something like the Coil of Smoke from forums, for OD.

I say this because people want an archmage analog for vamps and this is basically the most obvious sort.

>Coil of Smoke
My google-fu seems to be a bit weak today
do you have a link for that?

Is there any way for a Lasombra to gain a reflection? Some kind of blood magic ritual or Abyss sorcery or whatever?

Attached: lucita_de_aragon_by_laveir-d9fltsk.jpg (800x1132, 323K)

docs.google.com/document/d/1LTRTPPS4Mqt6Kl6eOo7C4HDJzL475F_WCcgEhn_ow_Q/edit#heading=h.j9sb3d2ha7tc

Something like that.

My ideal power level for an uber vampire, is basically, "per elder possessed by strix."

>So why'd the Tremere think turning themselves into vampires was a good idea again?
Several reasons: dodge the Paradigm Shift and the loss of magic, secure their failing immortality, escape the Paradox altogether.
And they'd be better off, if everything gone as planned.

Yes, by why the fuck would you do that? That's advantage, not weakness.

Probably not. And if there it's temporary; you can never permanently counter your Clan Weakness... just ask Nosferatu with Vicissitude about that.

Thanks, you're a peach.
I always thought that the power of really old vampires lay more in their influence, blood bonds, blood contracts, etc... that anything
That being said, you can already do some pretty swanky shit with blood sorcery, and I don't think members of the "sorcerous" covenants should be the only ones that can access it. Sure they got easier ways to learn in a defined structure, but any vampire that's old enough to create a bloodline should also be able to devise rituals.
For those not inclined to sorcery, there's always devotions, which are theoretically limitless. A nice thing for elders could be a new "tier" of devotions (with a minimal score of Blood Potency required to learn) that are essentially supercharged disciplines and can go above and beyond the scope of the original powers (for example, Auspex 4 allowing you to mind-blast people)

>you can never permanently counter your Clan Weakness
You can. All Tremere elders can, but more likely to saddle you with another one, since they all are scumbags. Tremere even can make the sunlight and fire to fuck off and no longer hurt them and for stakes to burst to ashes instead of paralysing them.

In VtR, some Ordo Dracul can learn how to rip a mortal's soul from their corpse, and "wear" it like a mask, thus gaining a reflection and other bonuses (social interactions with people who knew the mortal, even some of their memories)
But, as if it's a clan weakness, it should be harder to overcome. Maybe the reflection remains a bit fucked in some way or the other, or the shadow misbehaves more, stuff like that.

>But, as if it's a clan weakness
I meant this post , obviously

>"Tremere can do this, and that, and this, and..."

We're talking about normal vampires, not mage-vamp hybrids who magicked their way into vampirism. And if we're talking V20 then I'm pretty sure you can't get rid of the easier-to-blood-bond thing: you can get AROUND it through Vinculum and the like, but that's not the same as straight up negating it permanently.

Pre-V20 Tremere didn't ever have a weakness.

How is it an advantage? Unless you're approaching an enemy from behind while they're looking at themselves in the mirror.

V20 is shit, though. Aside from that, I've never liked the concept of the 'free' Tremere, which this new weakness propagates. Tremere should either be bond and mindfucked into complete loyalty by their Sire, in Sabbath, same, or hunted down by their clanmates.

It counters the major (and otherwise uncounterable) disadvantage of the Obfuscate.
Lasombra is the second/third most broken Bloodline throughout editions.

V20 is better in every way, shape, and form than its predecessors. There are some changes that were pretty lame like Path of Spirit Manipulation's third power granting you generic stat boosts instead of letting you have Werewolf or Mage style Fetishes with versatile and customizable unique powers, but overall it's a much more refined collection of information that accomplishes what it set out today. Really the only bad 20th Editions are Mage and Wraith.

Regardless, the removal of that shitty fucking Dodge stat is enough justification on its own right to use V20. Fuck Dodge and fuck anyone who thinks it has any place in their games.

Still not as good as Requiem.

*what it set out to do

Requiem's my favorite brand of toilet paper next to M20. I just love the crinkling sound the torn pages make when I wipe my ass with them.

I like V20 for what it does mechanically.

However, I fucking hate most of the artwork used in it. Why did they have to make it so fucking ugly? I just can't justify it to myself to buy the damn book when this is what the Clan depictions look like.

Attached: Tremere_v20,_p._68.jpg (572x725, 44K)

Nothing like a paper cut to the chocolate starfish.

Yep.

That's fair.

Oh and let's not forget the photoshopped photos.

Attached: 1342190793828.png (583x888, 902K)

Marcus Vital had a magical mcguffin that let him have a reflection and was how he pretended to be ventrue for so long.

Dodge was shittily implemented. Worst I've encountered, in fact. It wasn't a bad thing to have if you've either made it passive like fort or one-per-round free action.

Athletics covering dodging is far better and makes for much less redundancy when it comes to Abilities.

What was wrong with Dodge?

>redundancy
Like having one-two utterly irrelevant to what the discipline does stats for every Discipline roll, something they haven't fixed still?

This . It was a pointless skill that made little sense, took up extra space, and served a very singular one-note purpose that couldn't be applied outside of combat in a game that emphasized sociality and approaches other than combat.

Virtually anything is preferable to what it was.

Most of the Attribute + Ability choices are sensible enough to handwave away as a non-issue. Plus it gives people more of a reason to invest in mundane abilities instead of going "ANIMAL KEN? LUL WHY WOULD I NEED THAT I'LL JUST USE ANIMALISM DUH XD" and solely focusing on raising their Disciplines like a retard.

So what's the top 5 of most broken Clans throughout editions?

And now it's other way, people invest into the skill solely to get some extra dice for a single Discipline. It wouldn't be bad if only they made required stats match the Discipline used, but fucking, noo, diversity! Why the fuck would you need a social attribute for a discipline that isn't Presence/Dementation/Melpominee? Why would you need Strength for a Discipline that doesn't feature a feat of strength or is a direct combat buff in any way? Although physical attribute requirements are the best of nonsensual requirements since you've got to have plenty of em.

Tremere, Tzimisce/Lasombra, Assamite. Fifth place's subject to constant change.

You're literally a walking masquerade breach, especially in the modern world. Not to mention depending on others to see how you look, as well as being basically impossible for you to pretend you're from an other clan

I'm fairly certain that you can't, but I gotta ask just to be sure:

Are there ways of becoming a Garou without being born as one or becoming a Skin Dancer?

Stick your micro penis in Luna.

except his wisdom only has one facet.

Attached: MAGES.png (600x500, 299K)

Wrong. You're walking Masquerade preservant. Never used a mirror my entire life, and am not even a vampire. Get Obfuscate, you son of a silly person.

also girth. Mages and girth.

Attached: Untitled (3).png (511x691, 478K)

Is it me, or is Temporis a really underwhelming meme discipline? Even at 5 dots, it's just.. eh.

Awaken, be mage, turn yourself into a woof. Though why'd you degrade yourself so, I have no idea. Or be embraced by a Gangrel for a shitty knockoff.

Yes. Trujah must suffer.

I mean, there's suffering, then there's an active fuck you. Before 8 fucking dots, I can't think of any powers you can't really duplicate the mechanical effect with through other disciplines.

I mean, maybe perfect timing is a bit wonky, sure.

Tremere learns Obtenebration and Abyssal Mysticism instead of Thaumaturgy, claims to have discovered a new path and to be following that.

Could he get away with it? And isn't the Lasombra Abyss flat out Oblivion? Since it's referred to as the creeping cancer at the heart of the underworld, feared by wraiths, blah blah. But things like the Antediluvian live in there, among others?

>How is it an advantage? Unless you're approaching an enemy from behind while they're looking at themselves in the mirror.
You can see behind yourself with a mirror.

Sadly, the locust coil vanished along with Anoushka's ladder.

Which is sad, as that elder who was secretly in BOTH factions is now gone too.

>You're literally a walking masquerade breach, especially in the modern world. Not to mention depending on others to see how you look, as well as being basically impossible for you to pretend you're from an other clan

You can actually get the "No Reflection" if you are in another clan, by taking the flaw with that name,

Being bitten by one. It's official in new MET, soon it's gonna be official in 5e Werewolf.

When I DM, I personally keep using a lot of stuff from VtR 1e in my 2e games.
I mean, you can't just throw away all of these nifty bloodlines, coils and rituals, especially since most of it doesn't even need to be reworked to be ported.

If it can be transmitted by bite, doesn't mean that it can also be transmitted by sex? Because holy shit, that suddenly solves a lot of problems for the Garou regarding their dwindling numbers but also creates several more because it works the same for the Black Spiral Dancers. And... if this becomes public knowledge you'll have bug chasers who want to become werewolves. Actual pozzing.

So you're in a Requiem ERP but don't know what to expect from your fellow Kindred? Here's a quick rundown for the main Clans and the Covenants:

- Daeva girls will make it feel like you're having the best sex in your life and nobody else can get you even close to how it felt. You can no longer find pleasure in other people or your hand, while the Daeva who boned you will become obsessed with you.
- Gangrel girls will either pull you underground and have sex with you in a tight embrace, turn bestial and expect you to fight her pro-coitus or she turns into a swathe of mist and go to town on you that way.
- Mekhet girls will insist on doing it in the dark and in silence, and afterwards you'll have to hold her hand.
- Nosferatu girls are actually terribly lonely and just want a friend who can look past their monstrous visage, aura of uneasiness or the maggots crawling on her body. Might sound like fun, but their Vigor means that once they grab onto you you're not escaping.
- Ventrue girls are bossy, dominant and demand you're always there when she wants you. You better fall in line or she'll make you fall in line.
- Julii girls will be way too debauched and kinky to your taste, and will take your "no" as a "make me". Consent is optional.
- Akhud girls like owls. Do you like owls? Doesn't matter, the owls don't like you anyway.

- Carthian girls will either seize your means of reproduction and share them with her comrades, or she molests you before killing you for being impure.
- Circle of the Crone girls will have sex with you as part of a ritual, after which she cuts your cock and balls off because you're a man.
- Invictus girls will make you their personal manservants, being stress relief after a night of scheming. Might be surprisingly submissive.
- Lancea et Sanctum girls will only have sex after marriage.
- Ordo Dracul girls might appear interested in bondage and doctor play, but don't let one tie you up.
- Commonwealth girls are very open about what they are and will be very chatty and friendly before and after sex, but knowing too much will make you a liability.
- Covenant girls only bone you because it hastens the decay of morality and bring about the Rapture sooner.
- Devil's Eye girls only see you as an experiment and have sex with you for the progress of their research.
- Mother's Army girls will actively try to convert you to their religion, and if you turn her down you're going to be a sacrifice.
- Prima Invicta girls will only bone you because it furthers their agenda, and they'll be very paranoid and want to know who the other bitch is.

- Brethren girls all have split personalities, so just because one of them liked you enough to bone you doesn't mean the other will.
- Brides of Dracula will smash a bottle over your head, drag you off to a seedy motel, pull your pants off and ride you hard, only to be gone the next morning.
- Children of the Thorns can be summoned by sitting in front of a mirror and saying Bloody Mary three times, after which a vampire comes out the mirror and fucks you.
- Harbinger girls can pour a bit of Necrosis in you, making you experience a little death. But after sex she gets up and continues her work right away, not wanting to sleep besides you because she's afraid.
- Holy Engineer girls are way into gadgets and machines, and can sometimes pour through her collection several nights at a time. Help her find what she's looking for and she'll bone you. Commonly have astronaut fetishes.
- Nemites girls often will pimp you out to her friends in the cult, making you go on dates or have them drink your blood. Sex however is just for her, and she thinks it'll help save her soul.
- Society girls party hard and fuck harder in an attempt to master the Beast. Prepare your pelvis, 'cause you're in for a ride.
- Sun-Walking girls will encourage you to enter politics, seducing you and playing others to make you successful.
- Belial's Brood girls will just use you for visceral sacrifices.

As for Bloodlines... where should I take them from? The Legendary/Hidden/Ancient/Chosen Bloodlines books? Or should I look for other sources first?

>cuts your cock and balls off because you're a man
>because you're a man
false, that's just for spell components

Are there any loopholes that allow a demon to be a murderous douchebag but not turn into an earthbound in demon the fallen? For example, if a demon walks around at some alleys and tries to find someone who would beat him up, try to kill him or try to tob him, would killing that person increase his torment or count as self defense, even though the demon was intentionally looking for someone to attack him just so he could kill him?

>the demon was intentionally looking for someone to attack him just so he could kill him
I think you answered your own question

Looking for someone to attack him so that he can kill them is premediated violence of others, a violation of Torment 8 (or maybe even 9 depending on the situation). When it's actual self-defense however it's merely a violation of Torment 1.

They're vampires, not africans.

that's not mutually exclusive

Thanks
Are there any loopholes? The demon's torment can be pretty high, I'm just trying to find ways so he won't reach torment 10

Character ideas for a LaSombra?

Attached: tumblr_ox2cijXklN1s4hjuuo1_1280.png (1280x1130, 247K)

Don't be a dick.

You know the conspiracy about invisible lizard people? The ones who shed their skin and emerge, blinking and perfect and scaled, into the light?

Your little bugger is going to use that and portray himself as a shadow-lizard person, preying on the conspiracy theorist community. A former Lasombra ghoul, one of the professionals, who managed to pass the 'tests' of a bored member of the community with time to kill and little oversight. Maybe make him a Jewish Banker or an obscure English Royal.

The Gift Dragonfear allows the Mokolé
visit the Delirium even on Awakened creatures,
and it is particularly potent when paired with the
Archid trait Dragon Masque. By attacking in this
manner even the Weaver’s Drones and other
creatures such as vampires and mages shake in
their boots at the merest glimpse of the Mokolé,
and that makes them easy pickings for the Mokolé’s
friends and allies.

>mages get countered by werelizards

Lizard people control the world

>Antitribu
>Religious but not on the Path of Night
>Portuguese
>cute feet

Attached: Lasombra_Antitribu.png (925x892, 341K)

tinkertailorsoldiersponge.com/homt/14
>Satyros interview
>Don't be a Dick

The problem is that the higher your Torment is the more likely you are to use the high-Torment version of your Lores. In the core book this is when you roll less successes than you have Torment, while in the Players Guide this is changed to when the majority of your successes show numbers lower than your Torment. The former means that a starting character is much more at risk to use the high Torment version of their Lores (a pool of six dice is unlikely to roll more than 4 successes, even when you look at how low the threshold can go in Demon), so you'll constantly use the high Torment version of your powers until you buy down your Torment or up your dice pools (in order of XP costs this is Ability, Attribute and Torment, in that order).

The Players Guide on the other hand means that at low Torment you're unlikely to trigger the high Torment version of your Lores, and below Torment 3 this becomes flat-out impossible (IIRC you can't modify your success thresholds below 3). So in this case it pays to have a large dice pool rather than lower your modifiers too much. However, on the other hand this means that even if you roll a success you'll be hit with the high Torment version of your Lores, and you'll be reliably getting the the high Torment versions at lower Torment levels.

But if you want to play the system... well, one of the features of the oWoD morality systems is that as long as you don't go about casual violation of others you won't reach that dreaded Torment 10. For starters, keep your Virtues up. Difficulty 8 can be tricky with 2 dice, but as you go up your odds become better to not acquire Torment (30%, 51%, 66%, 76% and 83% chance to pass at Virtue 1-5). Killing a person in such a way would be a violation of Conscience, so crank that up. While this gives some degree of insulation, it's not an outright warding. So how do you get rid of those temporary points of Torment? Works of virtue, which is a whole lot easier to pull off with high Virtue.

Isn't that just a whacked out Komi-san repurposed to have yellow eyes? Or is that some sort of specific japanese foot fetish pose I'm not aware of?

podcasts.personallifemedia.com/podcasts/225-sex-tantra-and-kama-sutra/episodes/2931-passion-tips-priest-love-phil

PASSION TIPS WITH SEX PRIEST SATYROS
BE THE DICK

Attached: 12344.png (2500x1250, 274K)

Does the Jyhad diary address all the apocalypse scenarios, or just Gehenna?

Do the Lasombra survive their antediluvian using them as fingerpuppets? Hell, could someone with Abyss Mysticism but no Obtenebration avoid that fate?

Jyhad Diary retcons/hand-waves everything its authors half-arsed to read. Gehenna didn't happen, won't ever happen. It's pretty good if you hated Gehenna.

Huh. I'd like to have seen that conversation with RichT.

"Okay, here's the deal. We were building up to this for the entire gameline. But we need a reason to make more. So instead, we've got a cunning plan to work around that and ignore all the references to it in published works."
"Huh, okay. So what is it?"
"None of it ever happened."
"yeah, but-"
"No, that's it. It was all bullshit, forever. It's really meta, i think they'll appreciate that. There's your reason. i'm brilliant, I know. Now get the fuck out of my office, and send in Brucatto."

Why do people get so butthurt about representation in games?

I don't know about you, but reading M20 Akashic Brotherhood lore bored the shit out of me and made me not want to play them.

KoTE and 2E representations of the east actually interested me and made me want to delve deeper.

Attached: 1514133523043.jpg (768x768, 121K)

>Why do people get so butthurt about representation in games?
Because games are not the place for brainwashing. Games should be done with the aim of being fun not to educate people in the values of the authors.
Actually there is no place for brainwashing.

Because the representative characters tend to be poorly written at best, preachy at worst or even actively damaging or dangerous to the real-life people they are supposed to represent.

But how else would we get the message that all ethnic groups, cultures, worldviews and religions (except Jews) deserve equal representation?

There are only so many sidebars about pronouns and accepting behaviour and 'x cards' I can stomach before I want to never play the system again. This is stuff that should be handled by the group. We know that, they know that. It's the authors having a thinly disguised preaching sesson, in products we (sometimes) pay for, to try and impose their views on the reader.

>Because the representative characters tend to be poorly written at best
They are basically the trenchoat wearing badass with a ponytail and a katana that pretentious WoD authors were so asshurt about but hitting all the prog fetish points instead all the "cool" fetish points.
They are a collection of minority characteristics included just for the shake of inclusion and not because they actually enrrich the history.

>representing groups other than straight white men is pushing an agenda
No, the reason media companies have diverse characters and such is because those characters are popular with the groups they represent, increasing the popularity of the product.

>less Jews play CofD than members of obscure neopagan African cults

I am confuse. What's with the "OPP hates Jews" meme around here recently?

Legend has it that if you shut off all the lights, say "BRUCATTO" three times in a mirror and then go masturbate on park bench, Brucatto will sit down next to you.

Attached: download.jpg (345x146, 13K)

False. It's pure ideology and has been stated as such to death by media authors. Hell just read Bruccato blog posted before.
When you say "we are removing Ultimates from the new edition of Eclipse phase because we don't want to encourage real world nazism (Sic)" you are not removing them because they are unpopular just the opposite.

>poorly written
as in, uninteresting or unengaging? 2E Akashics are way more interesting than M20 Akashics

Look, let's leave EP out of this. it's not even low hanging fruit, the authors are throwing it to us. Ever since they 'fired' their fans on the forums for.. not gamergate, something else, they started drinking the koolaid from a firehose.

Real world ideology dripping into games.
Progs everyone. Fucking cancer.

NO PHIL!!!!

It was just an example. But there are plenty of examples everywhere. Paizo, anyone? Hell, just read Brucato blog as I said before.

Here's the only mention of Lasombra Antediluvian in the entire book, if you're wondering. Shitty chronicle prompt that it is.
>The Keepers of Madrid and Sicily reach out to
clanmates, begging their urgent return to the
Clan’s powerbases. According to the Cardinals,
the Lasombra must retake Castel d’Ombro “before
the Omega event.” The invited Keepers feel
the summons and can do little to resist it, though
they each sense an approaching end. The most
learned Keepers recall tales of the Cappadocians
once being led to a central location, where the majority
were sacrificed to strengthen the Clan. Talk
fast turns to what took Castel d’Ombro from Clan
Lasombra. Are the Anathema still within its dungeons?
Is a primordial entity rising from the Abyss
in the form of the Lasombra Antediluvian? Has
a supremely powerful vampire traveled to Castel
d’Ombro simply to reacquire his empty sarcophagus,
and subsequently formed a base of operations
directly atop the Abyss?
The rest of the book is just as much of a disappointment.

>Not beign Jewish myself
But you are an honorary Jew, Phil.

There was also, IIRC, the suspicious omission of Jews as victims of the Holocaust in the new Wraith core book (despite listing like 15 other groups)