How does your PC pay respects to his fallen comrades?

How does your PC pay respects to his fallen comrades?

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wK7GSARUs_Q&t=1s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

blood oaths usually go over well

>that image
why are you doing this? i didn't feel like crying today

We fed the last dead guy's body to wild animals. He was a druid, though, and it was his dying wish.

Leave him. I can only carry 14 ENC and I'm spending it on treasure not his ass.

By looting their corpse.

Loot their gear and burn the corpse so it doesn't get reanimated and turn up as an enemy later on. Having that happen once was bad enough, don't want to go and make a habit of it.

youtube.com/watch?v=wK7GSARUs_Q&t=1s

By obliterating their killers' entire bloodlines, including their in-laws and pets!

By bringing them back. Death came for you too soon, my friend, and the world needs your heroism now more than ever.

Split their gear, bury the body, and send their personal effects back to their family.

Same here
We make a lot of cairns, plinths and bonfires

By pressing F

Usually laughs about it, makes some shitty joke about pissing on the body, and calls that players new character by their last character's name. Fun group

A massive pyre funeral with all their most precious belongings next to them, while standing at attention with our left hands over our hearts. Then we send the ashes along on the wind.

Genocide whatever's killed them and build a funeral pyre of their remains.

laughs

That usually never comes up since I have carefully set up all our games in such a way that PCs can only die if there is a complete party wipe.

By avenging her husband by singlehandedly destroying everything connected to the murderers who betrayed him.

A major antagonist is a grieving widow whose husband was killed by the party as part of this revenge arc. The party has yet to appreciate the irony.

Ritual dismemberment, ate his heart and left his remains for the ravens. They will see you safe old man, they know the way.

And we got even for you.

My players reacted differently over the course of our campaign, there were 3 deaths for now
>Laurel, the high-elven rogue
Got cowardly abandoned by his partner, Ezekiel the human warlock, on a special mission for the two. His body was left in front of the fucking evil cultists house, he returned as a revenant(thanks to the cultists) seeking revenge on the warlock during a boss fight and almost killed him
>Guan-Shu, the dwarven monk
Got murdered by Master Splinter(a modified wererat) and the Ninja Turtles(all modified lizardfolk) on the sewers. Actually got an appropriate funeral, laid on a boat and sent through the river stream in hope of returning to his homeland by sea
>Herwulf, the human barbarian
Killed by a poisonous bite of a yuan-ti pureblood masquerading as a city guard, his death gave PTSD to the human paladin Rick(the only remaining member of the original team alongside Ezekiel, but he's evil now). Is currently being held on a magical compact sphere where his body shall be preserved in case they ever manage to find a way to resurrect him

by using his pants as a flag on our ship.

Wishing them back.

Has no one killed Ez yet?

By taking their stuff and giving it to the next guy we meet who wants to travel along with us. Except for the stuff I want, that I keep.

Fuck you for reminding me this video exists

No, and they better not. You see, "Ez" backstory is that his demon patron only needs one more soul in order to become powerful enough to invade and conquer the mortal world, he's now trying to learn the secrets of immortality so his lord might never take his soul(he can only have 1 vassal at a time). He used to be a Chaotic Good character but due to a magic painting trap he turned Chaotic Evil, for now their main quest is much more important than his new morality(they're impeding the apocalypse) so he'll keep his façade until he doesn't need his comrades anymore. I've already prepared a cool moral dilemma for him and Rick for the future, I hope both of them survive until there

By adding their names to the ten thousand Sutras and legacy of his life tatto'd across his body. Each morning, when he steps through the ritual circle-walk that reminds him of the Illuminated's teachings in the ritual forms to most unlock his strength, he chants their names towards Oblivion. For in that, they will be remembered, and forgotten.

He also checks the eyes of newborn kittens to see if they've been reincarnated as lesser predators.

With a 500 gp payout to next of kin and their name carved onto the memorial slab in our hall's garden

Human cleric of the goddess of love and light.
Respect their wishes. If none given then a nice big fire on a sunny hilltop so his ashes will scatter to the wind. And become a part of new life.

Kobold rogue/assassin. Only one person matters enough to care. He'd lay her to rest deep in the mountains they called home. Then carve a bloody swath of vengeance through anyone who had a hand in her death, no matter how small.

Gnoll ranger. She'd eat them. Not for the usual brutish "meat is meat' reasons most gnolls would give, if they even bothered to answer the question. To her it would be a sign of respect. "I won't leave your strength to molder in the dirt and be lost. You may be gone but you will always be a part of me now. The things you've said, the things we did and the things i learned from you. Body and mind you will be with me always. And so wherever i roam, i will never walk alone." Of course this is somewhat muted by the fact that she eats almost everything we've killed so far, except for some truly evil people. She didn't want that filth inside her.

Rituallistically eating their bodies. Not a lot of nutrition in the Veins, so no sense in wasting it.

They dont. For the most part everyone just goes "oh well, time to move on". One guy had a character who collected the weapons of his fallen comrades as a memento but thats pretty much it

Not raising there corpse as a thrall

Came here to post this.

Since our cleric is the town's gravedigger... We take our dead back to him.

Roll to pay your respects

Man I didn't need to be reminded of that video right now
to answer your question, I've never had a comrade die where it left a body but we go to a tavern and remember the fallen

They're only empty shells now, and get treated as such.