rpg.rem.uz/Dungeons & Dragons/D&D 5th Edition/

>5etools
5etools.com
Stable releases - get.5e.tools/

>Resources
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>Previously on /5eg/:
What's your favorite Elemental Plane?

Attached: Genasi_subraces_5e.png (800x547, 511K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dmsguild.com/product/236367/Factotum-Class
homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/H1vHNJOuG
youtube.com/watch?v=mCM1cOKM_2Y
media.wizards.com/2018/dnd/downloads/UA_Eldrich_Invocations.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

dmsguild.com/product/236367/Factotum-Class
Anyone have this?

Did you check the pdf share thread, and the trove?

Checked the trove, not the pdf share thread though.

I want to run a tiny intro to a homebrew game where the players get to name and roleplay predefined characters for one scene that will later reappear as villains in the campaign, using the mannerisms and attitudes they themselves defined unwittingly. It should take up no more than one hour - what is something they could do in that time as those antagonists, other than RP, without giving too much away?

The Elemental Chaos.

Give them an innocuous task that has multiple ways of being complete. Would they be honorable and efficient? Would they goof off? Would they be sneaky or pass the work off to someone else?

Delivering a package or trying to get someone to sign a petition or something might be a good way to see how each character would do a given task.

Water.
I remember reading somewhere before that as long as you can get over not being able to breath water it's supposed to be a super chill plane.

If you don't mind could you share it?

What Warlock patron would be the most okay with only dipping a level or two?

alright new thread, anyone know the DnD webcomic that's all about the rules for adventuring? it's a 1 panel comic and I fucking can't find it anywhere

Any honestly. You dip for the invocations.

I think he's talking RP wise, and the answer is Celestial or Fey

I'm the hombrewfag from the last thread, but it's nearly dead so if this user is in this one here is my response to him. First off, thanks for the feedback. I do appreciate it.

I can see your point for slashing, and I think that's probably the route I'll take to streamline it, but I do think piercing is pretty straightforward. Advantage is way more powerful than the current -1 to AC, if you think of in math advantage is +5 to the roll.

Sundering is really just +2 to hit on armored targets, I don't know that that really needs to be magic. It's only on martial weapons anyways.

If you reread wind-up, you'll see your suggestion is part of it. I didn't want it to suck ass on extra attacks.

Word on Recurve, Longbow is functionally the same as in the PHB.

Good call on Heavy, I changed it.

Prone Fighting doesn't offer any bonuses, just negates disadvantage for being prone. It's like lying down while shooting a crossbow to be more of a traditional sniper.

Tower Shield was changed as per 's suggestion, but I think I could see toning it down. I think the idea is that you can duck down and the shield isn't strictly flat, so you can angle your body and get some protection. I toned it down to 10 feet; originally it was only 5 feet and 3/4 cover which I think is a little weak.

Sometimes I have trouble telling why a Cleric is a Cleric and a Warlock is a Warlock.

A warlock worshiping a celestial God could just as easily be a cleric couldn't they?
And an evil cleric worshiping an arch devil could just as easily be a warlock right?

I think they'd all be pretty down. They get to boss you around and hardly give out that much power in the process.

Yes, that would seem to make sense.

Clerics get their power from belief and shit. You have to be like a legitimate priest to get the power. Warlocks just got to be getting power from something, they technically dont have to do anything to get it.

A warlock signs deals or contracts.
A cleric devotes their life to their faith.

Attached: Cleric-Feature.jpg (970x545, 207K)

Reposting from last thread.

Im trying to make Doom Guy in 5e.. What class or classes would he be? Also can't remember if the Hells are more devils or demons.. or both?

Attached: Rip_and_tear.png (600x473, 743K)

Other user here.

We KNOW that, but frankly, it doesn't feel like sufficient answer.

Why does the form of relationship with higher power have greater impact on abilities provided than nature of said higher power?

>What's your favorite Elemental Plane?

Don't know much about the elemental planes but the city of brass always sounded cool.

Barbarian/Paladin Multiclass.

The Elemental Plane of Free Booze and Wenches

Attached: NPC_Codex_Barmaid_by_Corbella.jpg (956x1584, 834K)

What about him is a paladin? Sure he fights demons but anyone can do that.

Well isnt it because a clerics power comes more form his personal belief than from his god? Whereas a warlock is mainlining it straight from the source.

Ooze baby.
Who doesn't want to hang out in slimetown?

Valhalla?

He's REALLY good at fighting demons

Me

Barbarian X/ Fighter 3. Take Defense at level 1 of fighter for tankiness, and go with Brute for your level 3. Variant Human so you can take Tavern Brawler, Your Unarmed damage will be 1d4 + STR + Brute Die and you can also use your bonus to grapple and then proceed to rip and tear their guts.

I. Love. This.

And I can wear medium armor still to look similar right?

Also weapon of choice or should I stick with hands?

Continuing my response to I appreciate your feedback on the subclasses, they're definitely fiddly to work with. I'm going to be getting some of my players to playtest them for me soon, so I'll have some practical data to go along with them. I already did some playtesting with the weapon changes and they seemed to work alright, though it wasn't much time we got to work with a lot of them.

I'm curious about what you think should be done for the Warlock changes. It's the only thing I've got to play since I'm the forever DM, but I find the base class a bit insufferable in how out of whack its balance is, and how anemic there spell options are. Not having more than two spells at a time until double-digit levels unless you are a tomelock with the ritual invocation makes them so pigeonholed. In my experience, there's just never many short rests happening. That being said, I think they can be treated as a variant rule and you can use the Inevitable patron without them, but I'd like to tinker with them and get them somewhere that feels right to more than just me.

I'm definitely taking your other critiques in mind going forward. The only other specific one I'll touch on is the Hoplite. At the risk of sounding like Mearls, I'm going more for the pop culture depiction than a fully classic hoplite, especially since I mix Greek and Roman terms and maneuvers. I'd be interested in what you might change for that subclass, as I think it isn't going to be the best fighter but it will capture the feeling of being a defender and fighting alongside your companions. Of note, the Phalanx stance would stack, if you had like 3+ of them in a line. Unlikely to happen though.

Link for the interested: homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/H1vHNJOuG I also need a chapter heading art for the subclasses if anyone has some.

Why does the 5e height and weight table only have one entry for each race when it is provable, obvious fact that women are on average shorter than men? And previous editions' height and weight tables reflected this.

Attached: 5e-height-weight.png (595x489, 648K)

Warlock's don't generally worship their patron. They can I guess, but it makes more sense for them to be trying to subvert them to get more power generally.

Because the internal consistency of gender and height in D&D does not track exactly the same as internal consistency of gender and height on our own world.

Why is this hard for -4 STR shitters to understand?

>average for humans is 5'6"
manlets kek

dude peasant nutrition lmao

are there slime girls?

youtube.com/watch?v=mCM1cOKM_2Y
people in the middle ages were only like an inch shorter than modern humans on average, the "people in the past were tiny" thing is a myth founded in the industrial revolution where nutrition was even shittier

Attached: image.png (1189x696, 167K)

Oh right you can't rage using heavy but if you aren't using heavy you could take Mariner instead of Armored if you don't use a shield but sure that would work, refluff the armor however you like appearance-wise as long as your DM approves, though Barbarians get unarmored defense anyway. If you're going to use a weapon as well as fists, grab Two-weapon fighting so you can add your STR modifier to your offhand punches (unless I'm wrong about how that works). Personally I'd go longsword. and go Barb > Fighter > Fighter > Fighter > barb > repeat. You need that level 3 fighter ASAP for the Brute damage. Also Zealot barb for the bonus 1d6 + 1/2 Barb level in damage when you hit Barb 3.

Not the user you were replying to, but humans in my games get +1 to all ability scores, proficiency in two skills of their choice, and a trait that lets them reroll an attack/check/save once per long rest.

>5'1.8" .6"

Fucking christ rename them to the Manlet Islands.

see
19th century isn't equivalent to the 14th or 15th century thanks to the cramped living conditions, pollution and inferior average nutrition in urban enviroments

>delaying extra attack until lv8

there was a homebrew that gave prodigy to humans and dragonhide to dragonborns but I can't find it, anyway have the link?

I know, I was iffy on that part as well but you basically need Brute for unarmed attacks to be useful. What do you suggest?

Attached: Pally.png (373x496, 466K)

>implying D&D has literally anything to do with the 14th century when everyone is prancing around in armor that didn't exist until the 16th

Attached: Armor 650 to 1675.png (1280x1480, 1.86M)

Slime everything.

idk most armor (when it comes to settings like Forgotten Realms, Dragonlance or Eberron) is either completely ahistorical or based somewhere between the 13th and 16th centuries, with maybe some antiquity and late Renaissance elements sprinkled in

>Because the internal consistency of gender and height in D&D does not track exactly the same as internal consistency of gender and height on our own world.
Why is that?
Are you saying the average man and woman in the D&D universe are the same height?
Why is that?

Simplicity. If you wanna Homebrew it do that. Fuck off.

>Why is that?
Because sexual dimorphism of player races isn't modeled in any way through mechanics and limits player options.

Because if there was, the game would stipulate it. Now shoo.

Who cares.

Is Elf (Eladrin) imbalanced? Or fine?

Which one? The DMG one or the new one?

>when it is provable, obvious fact that women are on average shorter than
That's sexist. Piss off, nazi.

Wait there's a new one?

So im going to be playing a lvl 20 1-shot this week, and I cant make up my mind what to play. Anyone got any awesome builds for me? It's a "Evil" 1-shot, so PVP is going to happen at some point.

DMG one. Also, is War Caster too good? I usually just ban Lucky and Sharpshooter.

War Caster is fine, there are other ways to lose concentration than taking damage which War Caster does nothing to help you with.

Yeah in the gith UA you get to align yourself with a season and get a cantrip for each short/long rest that corresponds to that season. I like it a lot but I can see people having issues with it.

You decided to ban Sharpshooter of all things? What the fuck?

If you do the math, Resilient (Constitution) is more powerful than Warcaster for maintaining concentration, and it also helps out in many more situations too.

When you or someone from your group plays a bard do you/they sing a jingle upon using some class features?

Attached: 83edb6ac0ad3ee39792cf290dcacefa8.jpg (450x675, 47K)

I'd say play a shadow monk. You're well past the early levels where you have limited stats and only d4 unarmed damage, so it would be a lot of fun imo. Alternatively, abjuration wizard.

I don't because I'm not great at doing quick rhyming. I wouldn't hate it

10 big number me scared small brain no think

I can't sing so I recite poetry. DM gives me inspiration for it if it's good enough. Gotta ad-lib though and make it pertinent to situation none of this pre-written. So I have inspiration about twice as often as the rest of my party.

Had a dude who played a bard for a few sessions before leaving that would just make plink noises anytime he casted spells or something.

Are there any rules for swarms?
I took Tiny Servant and had a ton of slots left over at the end of the day. So I'm gonna burn them at the end of the long rest and have like, 10+ of them

I know for a fact nobody at the table wants me to sit there and roll 10d20+modifiers in a single round if they all attack since that'll take forever and a day. I really want to speed it up, any options to just jam them all into one attack or something?

There are swarm statblocks in the PHB and DMG. Just adapt them.

I've never killed a pc but gotten close. I think this next dungeon might do it.

Attached: 1513000985150.jpg (698x698, 199K)

Wait, my dm is a cuck and I was talking over this with a friend while the DM was there. He screamed "No brutes, they are op."

What about Monster Hunter..? They specifically fuck fiends, right?

Attached: c7a.gif (488x519, 414K)

I've got no issues either.

Of course, I've got little problem with Eladrin anyway, as they're basically the 1st and 2nd Edition Grey Elves.

Attached: Grey Elves.png (789x514, 573K)

Please name my Arabian-themed wealthy port city -state.

If it helps:
>It's a tightly packed town built panoramically around a large natural harbor
>It's a very busy port, all the nearby kingdoms trade through here
>the whole mountain underneath the city has been mined to near exhaustion over the years

I give you dog for your troubles.

Attached: 1517142058869.webm (640x640, 2.87M)

Ragablag

Socotra.

Attached: image.jpg (1515x950, 313K)

Ok by that logic all races should be the same size. Who cares?

If you can't use brute then you're shit out of luck my friend. Just go full Barbarian/Zealot Vuman with Tavern Brawler and rip and tear that way. If you're point buying put your 2 stats into STR and CON, dump INT WIS and CHA and go 16/15/16/8/8/8 grab Sentinel at level 4, then max your STR/ CON scores. You will become the tank and be able to grapple the fuck out of everyone.

Bahrard

Attached: image.jpg (640x480, 68K)

Both sharpshooter and great weapon master should be banned.

What is it about Hexblade that makes it so frontloaded?

Its kit.

How is Storm King's Thunder? I'm going to be playing in it soon. No spoilers, please- obviously.

My players (level 4, post-LMOP) are going into Neverwinter Wood to grab enough belladonna to poison fifteen orcs. How do I make this interesting? I can't just ask for a dozen Survival checks. Any (combat, noncombat) encounter ideas?

Cool cool. I like this a lot desu as an alternative. You got some great ideas man.

You ever play Wolfenstein? Got an ideas for BJ? I imagine Gunslinger or Ranger with dual hand crossbows..

Hexblade's Curse does seem pretty strong. Is that it though?

How are the Volo's races? Do you allow these in your campaigns?

hexblade:
>Proficiency to dmg
>expanded crit
>healing
>proficiency with medium armor, shields, and martial weapons
>Cha to hit and dmg

Fiend:
Temporary hp

Most of them are fine, but kobold and orc and fucking trash and yuan-ti are broken overpowered.

anything but Yuan-ti

media.wizards.com/2018/dnd/downloads/UA_Eldrich_Invocations.pdf
Finally some support for Undying and Celestial! My Warlock is no longer quickly fading into obscurity!

The fact you can attack with Cha makes multiclassing retarded. A paladin can focus just Cha and Con while using warlock spellslots for smiting, and thats with just a 1 lvl dip. Later on it gains nothing too important.

>Fake UAs
face it dude, we're not getting one until may, maybe june

Fighter Archer Vuman, take Crossbow Expert as your feat and Two-weapon fighting as your style. Take the Dual Wielder feat at level 4 for +1 AC and the ability to stow/draw them both at once or Sharpshooter (if allowed given your dm sounds like a pussy) for the true hipfire experience, and focus your stats on DEX instead of STR, going for something like 8/16/16/10/8/14 (DEX and CON as your pick stats). Swap the points for the last 3 as needed, you could switch the CHA out for WIS and go 8/16/16/10/14/8 if you think that would fit more because of the way you hunt secrets with hidden rooms in Wolfenstien 3d. There's BJ.