Warhammer Fantasy General - /wfg/

Murder god edition.

>Resources (Crunch, Lore and Warhammer Fantasy Role-play)
WFB: pastebin.com/2EJLZq7a
WFRP: pastebin.com/NX6t6eYa
Novels: pastebin.com/Uzp9RQ9i

>We're looking for these novels for the archive:
pastebin.com/t5kdcfVm

>Alternative Warhammer Miniatures and Manufacturers
pastebin.com/WQTJDtUV

>Warhammer Wikis
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page

>Warhammer Video Games.
pastebin.com/396cm1Jp

Previous thread:

Attached: Warhammer_Doom_of_Khaine.png (811x956, 1.76M)

Other urls found in this thread:

boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/MOW_Fleets_Bretonnian
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for 3rd party elves carrying the legacy of based faction

Attached: lastswordspainbros.jpg (1154x656, 103K)

Why does Vlad love Isabella? I understand why she would love him, he's a dark, mysterious, handsome stranger who a suddenly arrives and saves her from her uncle ruling then introduces her to a whole new world. But why would he care so much for some mortal girl when he has no reason not to?

Attached: Is.jpg (655x888, 80K)

>when he has no reason not to
Shit I meant when he has no reason to love her. Why save her life by making her a vampire and then (in the end times) kill himself for her.
Why does he love her?

Because Vlad is still in touch with bits of his humanity.

>tfw no Vermintide esque hack and slash of a group of Grail Guardians guarding a Chapel against waves of Beastmen/Greenskins/Undead
would be awesome if it actually included Character creation with a level of customisation of Colours/Insignia.
All on foot, of course.

Attached: 4C4ECB8C-5CBE-4197-A930-ACC6DACE1161.jpg (1177x1590, 193K)

She's bloodthirsty, smart and stylish enough to match him, beautiful, comfy, has more breast than all Witch Elves combined, is a good ruler and sensible wife (being the only one to cool down his murderous rages), not to mention it isn't mentioned she ever succumbs to same rages as he and other vampires, meaning she has an iron will. Not to mention she probably understands the whole von Carstein thing.
Plus its quite possible he was never truly loved ever since he dumped Neferata.

Plus look at her. Why wouldn't he love her?

Love is something one cannot explain user, it just is

>All on foot
You may as well just smear shit in your face and call yourself a peasant.

>muh horses
Grail Guardians are often on foot you dunce.
The youth of today a lance and charger is all you need to become a knight.

Attached: 9571DFC2-9AA6-484A-B400-37FEA7E9A3A6.png (762x662, 1.42M)

This makes sense. Their personalities do seem to overlap a fair bit, and those tits, umph. Though I have never seen her described as iron-willed. In fact I usually see the lore say she is half-insane and just as if not more rageful then Vlad.
Also I get the feeling that he never even loved Neferata and was using her, which is why she is so angry at men still.

Surprising considering how long Vlad has been undead but I can see it. He seems to be in tune with the mortal world considering how he was briefly an actually good ruler for Sylvania.

Attached: Isabella.jpg (518x786, 132K)

In fact Vlad's failure with Sylvania is explicitly said to be because he expected other vampires to be as honorable and chill as he is, but they mostly became power-drunk and power-hungry beasts.

It's over, you're already dead.

Attached: 94827489291.jpg (650x823, 132K)

Death is no obstacle.
CA is our vampire and Total War: Warhammer is it's undead creation.

Attached: Vladdy.jpg (564x594, 62K)

I dunno who this git is
but I'm gonna stab him

>he doesn't know about pre-6th edition foot knights
>what is vow of empathy

I want new fags to leave

Attached: questing_knight_hero_foot_5.jpg (775x1200, 297K)

>kicks your balls
Nuffing personnil spikey boy.

just because something is canon, however old, doesn't mean it ain't gay

Upon gaining the WFRP license, Cubicle 7 immediately started rescanning old Warhammer adventures, bookmarking them, making them searchable, etc.

Does this bode well for WFRP 4E?

Attached: Untitled.png (575x944, 838K)

No.

Grim and Zamnil are getting a new friend. Tune in tomorrow for further disclosure

These look amazing

Truth on a warhammer board (ToaWB).

What are you currently working on, anons?
Some nice conversion? Awesome paintjob? Exciting RP story hook? Tell me!

Remember, sharing your work inspires others and reminds that hobby ain't dead!

Pictures are especially welcome!

(chill, Giant user, take your time)

I hope so.
I've been looking at Cubicle 7's One Ring stuff lately, and it's very sensitive to the canon and the style of Tolkien.
One can only hope the same applies to Warhammer.

Attached: tumblr_oc7709vajt1qhslato1_1280 (1).jpg (650x900, 372K)

Fat titties.

Attached: rapetraindoesnthavebrakes.png (1020x1200, 1.79M)

The Tolkien estate killed the Middle-Earth setting by not releasing any new novels for it for 6 decades. Cubicle 7 is in charge of the setting now, their stuff is just as canon as Tolkien's.

>The Tolkien estate killed the Middle-Earth setting by not releasing any new novels for it for 6 decades
Oh, so you too are excited for the new series?

Attached: whatcha looking at.jpg (978x826, 291K)

beastmen raping a peasent girl should be done friday

>their stuff is just as canon as Tolkien's.

No.

Don't think I don't see what you're doing.
Middle Earth was not a collaborative effort.

Attached: get a load of this peasant.jpg (261x261, 39K)

If I remember right, it used to be just a political match, but he grew fond of her over time - her passionate nature, her beauty, her delight in him and his dark ways.

What's the deal with WHFB Orcs, how do they reproduce? Is it ever touched on in canon at all, or is it just "orcs are, and they are a lot."

Please don't say fungus.

Attached: orc gf.jpg (659x950, 488K)

Got ya femorcs right here user.

Attached: img3fa95cc7c3510.jpg (600x400, 27K)

DELET

It's fungus.

>thinking taking the fight to the enemy on foot is gay
>thinking taking castle walls with steely balls is gay
>thinking that outshining the mudshits at literally the only thing we tithe them to do is gay

Attached: 1423679113943.jpg (456x303, 117K)

I'm sorry, user.

Attached: Warhammer Fantasy Battles (7ed)-141.jpg (469x196, 59K)

I bet you only defend fighting on foot because you can't even ride a horse at sea.

Attached: high elf silver helm old.jpg (896x818, 127K)

Fungus. It's canon sorry.

God fucking damn it. I don't actually want da boyz (female) but I was hoping for something other than "lol they are literally a blight"
Maybe the Waaagh-power generated when a lot of greenskins are really feeling the groove spontaneously spawns orclets or something.

I guess there's always headcanon.

Attached: gwimgoj iwonhide.jpg (1280x720, 78K)

The bretonnians are the only ones that use mounted knights as part of their naval strategies.

Dismounting is for when you have to go into caves to slay monsters, or to storm a fortress and rescue a damsel in distress. Stuff that peasants can't be trusted to accomplish.

Attached: MOW Bretonnian Pegasus Squadron Boxed Set.jpg (671x693, 98K)

Gotrek still lives.

Attached: 939EA826-5313-4BE1-82DB-4BC307E0419A.jpg (777x1000, 71K)

Felix is dead though. He was either destroyed by the nuclear winds of magic discharge, eaten alive by Lizards, or suffocated to death trapped in the Lizard ruin.

>I bet you only defend fighting on foot because you can't even ride a horse at sea.
>can't even ride a horse at sea
>ride a horse
>sea

Attached: chargeonwater.png (1020x1200, 642K)

>The bretonnians are the only ones that use mounted knights as part of their naval strategies.
Why the fuck do you think did I bring silver helms up? Well, it's a Cothique, but still.

Source?

Whereas Warhammer always has been.

I'd like to look to Man O' War: Corsair on this point. They also have Pegasus Knights, but they also have foot knights serving in boarding crews and even captaining ships. I'm guessing that when it comes to sea warfare, Bretonnia has had to swallow some of their pride in chivalry simply because they can't fight on water like they can on land - that's why they make use of cannon and foot knights, but still keep some chivalry and valor so it's not a shame to serve on the water.

I'm not saying that knights should be able to fight on foot whenever I feel like it, but it's not as if they're bound to the horse. You bring up plenty of situations yourself where knights might reluctantly dismount.

Attached: 02a1044deb8f8e6bb20c9dfecb7789e0--war-hammer-war-machine.jpg (236x352, 17K)

>be lord Langbart de Antoise
>go on quest for grail
>kill monsters, chaos, fey, even a blood dragon vampire
>lady says "no girls allowed, fuck off"

Attached: 1520969807722.jpg (350x389, 25K)

I kinda wonder why the Lady would give a shit if someone who managed to prove themselves chivalrous and fight the Green Knight was a lady or a peasant. The only answer I can really come to is that the Bretonnians would be unable to accept it so she doesn't go for it, but that still feels like a waste, especially when there are examples of female paladins or peasants raised to knighthood. Not many, but enough that it could be justified if it happened again.

Attached: Repanse_De_Lyonesse.jpg (405x626, 53K)

Giant user here with some good news. Just have the finishing touches on the base and the painting of a chain left.
Will post pictures of the finished thing tomorrow.

>You bring up plenty of situations yourself where knights might reluctantly dismount.
There's no reluctance, they do it when they need to. I'm not the one arguing against knights on foot. There's no dishonour in dismounted combat, and it features in bretonnian tournaments alongside the joust.

>when it comes to sea warfare, Bretonnia has had to swallow some of their pride in chivalry
Not really. The peasants are the ones manning the guns, and the only thing stopping those same peasants from bringing a cannon, mortar or organ gun rather than an equally "dishonourable" trebuchet to the ground armies is a desire to separate bretonnia and the empire mechanically.

What little fluff there is on Old World navies has always put Bretonnia as high quality, motivated sailors with excellent ships. They basically function as cavalry, using the ship in place of the horse.

just also with pegasus knight fighter pilots because that's fucking awesome

>boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/MOW_Fleets_Bretonnian

Attached: of Bretonnia.jpg (498x220, 37K)

it's because she wants her daughter to have a harem, not competition

Who is Christopher Tolkien?

That's some cheap bait, isn't it?

Attached: 1508805220739.png (731x755, 160K)

An editor.

>The bretonnians are the only ones that use mounted knights as part of their naval strategies.
Imperial fleets have knights riding griffons, dark elves have lords on manticores, high elves have eagle and dragon riders, orcs have wyvern riders and chaos dwards have lords on great tauruses.

>Dark Elves have ships in MOW: Corsair

Fuck, if they went with old Bretonnia, why didn't they go with old Dark Elves?

That's ridiculously swole.

First try to at least bring a stack of spiky edgelords that won't die to autoresolve by the time you get off your throne, then we'll talk.

The orcs in WHF breed the same way they do in 40k, when they die their bodies release spores and their bodies also produce spores. They aren't your typical orcs, they're literally a race of 1980s football hooligans personified as green monster men.

Why do you hate on mushroom people? They're always a fungi.

I don't actually know much about the old Dark Elf fleet - didn't they have the cool ships on the back of dragons like they do in Corsair?

Either way, they're barely in the game yet. I'm hoping someday they'll actually include Naggaroth, Ulthuan and Barak Varr instead of the odd trade ship or enemy NPC. And maybe make the Orcs less terrifying.

>Gotrek canon survived ET

Attached: DF93DB4C-94C6-4AA8-8F4F-CD61791428B6.jpg (800x800, 152K)

Is there anything from WFRP 1e worth bringing over to 2e?

I know both systems have good and bad things in comparison to each other, like how in terms of items 2e has less variety in some cases and how 1e has questionably underpowered items in some cases.

I'm running a 2e game and mainly want to migrate the good shit back over, and I'm thinking of having ways for weapons to affect initiative, for example.

Good idea or nah?

Also lore question, WHFB obviously: if Widowmaker is a fragment of Khaine's Sword, which is said to be the mightiest weapon ever forged, to the point where its FRAGMENT is said to be able to slay other gods, why doesn't Khaine just kill every other god, Chaos included? Surely if Widowmaker is that strong then the full sword is infinitely stronger? How'd it get broken in the first place?

Attached: 1517460486927.jpg (1000x1422, 368K)

They didn't have ships, they had castles atop sea monsters.

Attached: MOW_Dark_Elf_Doomreaver_Box.jpg (260x265, 21K)

>slap gotrek onto age of sigmar like slapping a christmas bow on goat shit
>they expect this to win over the old fans
It's like offering someone cab fare after brutally fucking them in the ass.

like nearly every other racial origin it changes frequently. Some stories give the 40k Spore explanation. Others mention female Orcs. Others say Gork and Mork create them. Others say mutated other race Tolkien style. Others say Orcs produce asexually.

Fucking this, what on earth are they thinking? They've destroyed WHFB and ruined the aesthetics just before they did. They already burnt their fucking bridges.

Khaine just isn't very strong. His sword is a pale imitation of the Allslaughter too.

Cubicle 7 has a few things going for them
>longrunning experience with old licenses
>faithful tolkien adaptation, twice
>british
>employees (supposedly) are big fans of old warhammer and the pre-ET content
>say they want to make 4e as close to 1e/2e as possible then expand it
>acknowledge ET/AOS as separate from WHFB and plan a separate rpg for anyone into that sort of thing
>british
>not GW
>not FFG

That would explain how much he fucked over Mr. Elfsmith and how he tried to compensate with his swords. It'd also explain why he defers to Asuryan despite having the MegaWeapon™ and why he avoids tussling with the Chaos gods, even though IIRC he did fight Slaanesh once and bitchslapped him, but got wounded himself.

Serves you right for trying to be something you're not

Well...that's what I've seen of them. I don't have a good screenshot off-hand, but trust me, I've had that thing biting off chunks of my ship enough times with that little tower on top.

Attached: Samurai-Gotrek.jpg (970x545, 134K)

No you don't unerstand. If you're not destined to become a Grail Knight, you don't even meet the green knight. You don't even have any dream that push you along the path.
You stay as a knight of the realm forever, you don't meet the green knight by chance

>he did fight Slaanesh once and bitchslapped him,

No, he cut Slaanesh's face and got bitch slapped so hard in return he broke into pieces and fell into the mortal world. Though that's 8e fluff and I know that's not popular here.

>Gotrek
>No nose ring
>No eyepatch
that ain't Gotrek

He got rejuvenated to complete his final task.

The High Elf book was written from Gav's point of view, the Widowmaker is not actually that strong unless you're an elffag.

It's either ET/late 8th or AOS fluff.

Don't recall it in the WHFB fluff at all, or even in early 8th.

The same could be said of every armybook of every race. There's gotta be some non-armybook fluff on it.

Widowmaker can't be the greatest weapon ever forged because Vaul doesn't hold a candle to Grungni, and Grungni never forged that sword

It's from the 8e Wood Elves army book, which I believe is the last army book.

better question: what happens if a non-elf draws widowmaker?

Well shit, I went expecting some cringy "lol chaos never loses" shit, but it's actually a neat snippet. Apparently it was a mutual bitchslapping of cosmic proportion, with Khaine thrown out into the mortal world and Slanny left wounded and with a scar his daemonbeauty magic couldn't heal.

Attached: huh.jpg (629x476, 192K)

Long ago in adistant land, I, Be'lakor, the shape-shifting Master of Darkness, sired an unspeakable evil!
But a foolishdwarf slayer wielding amagic swordstepped forth to oppose me.
Before the final blow was struck, I tore open a portal in time, and flung him into the future, where my evil is law!
Now the fool seeks to return to the past, and undo the future that is Age of Sigmar.

WA-CHA

Gotrek's back, get Felix back Gotrek's back!

Any good 3rd party miniatures for empire?

Perry miniatures

So I recently bought square bases online to assemble some units and noticed they don't melt with plastic glue like they should.

Can anyone recommend squares bases that melt correctly? Right now my units just snap off

mom miniatures have cool knights and halberdiers.

Whats wrong with super glue, I just use that for everything

Try washing them in warm soapy water for a few minutes, sounds like you've got a residue build up.

Or put a drop if plastic cement onto tbe bases a good twenty seconds before the model to give it more time.

LGS is selling a Dreadfleet box for 50 moneys, how's that for value, is the game any fun?

I'm making a few small army lists to introduce some friends into the hobby.

They are T9A so I won't bother you with point costs. Unless noted everything is pretty much like 8ed.

Are these fine? Balanced?

>Vampire Counts
>Vampire Lord
>heavy armor
>sword of +1S and Vampiric 3+
>rerolls 1s to hit and to wound
>Luckstone
>level 1 wizard

>20 Grave Guard with Great Weapons and full command
>banner that gives 15" march once per game
>(Vamp goes here)

>40 Skeleton Warriors with full command