The weak should fear the strong

>The weak should fear the strong
How do you bild a villain around that concept without making him/her a total edgelord/lady?

Attached: 1516993937964.jpg (561x785, 94K)

Read Thucydides and then make an Athenian. Focus on the Melian Dialogue and the Mytilenian Debate.

make one that doesnt exterminate the weak but instead makes it so the strong have high seats

Make him comic relief

Attached: Benito_Mussolini_colored.jpg (742x1100, 179K)

Just have him come from a tribe/kingdom/planet where that was the rule. That way he’s not some autist trying to justify his dicking about, instead, he’s from a totally alien culture where physical/magical power is venerated above all else

He was still enough of a big bad that the communists strung up his corpse and the Italian public spat on it, kicked it, and threw stones at it.

The villain wants to make everyone strong so no one would have to fear anyone

Fear doesn't mean they aren't good for them. It also doesn't mean they don't believe in cooporation and team work.

Have them also bring prosperity and fully believe in the might makes rights.

Even to the point where if the protags beat them, the villain is now an ally. After all, the protags were stronger and therefore more right.

Well he was a big enough jobber to let it happen

Give them rational reasons to believe this.

For example, say that the villain came from a democracy, and that in this democracy there had been a long history of formality, politeness, and byzantine legal processes. In it, groups of "oppressed" people used their votes, and shaming their opponents into inaction, to gain power and took the wealth, property, and positions of government built and created by the strong. Say that he saw his homeland fall to corruption, economic collapse, and invasion by foreign powers, because everything that made his homeland strong was taken from the people who built it and given to the weak.

From that traumatic experience, he promised to never again allow the weak to take power from the strong. Though too late to save his homeland, he is determined to never allow the weak to ruin another nation again.

Attached: 1516555352381.png (500x727, 126K)

Fuck off, Syndrome, you can't be every villain.

But when everyone is Syndrome, no one will be.

>Communists
Honestly, Mussolini was the better alternative.

By making their character arc both a total confirmation and destruction of the idea. Most other attempts are either straightforwardly edgy or annoyingly stupid.

Attached: 15140685455.png (1603x5604, 4.91M)

What if the villain is himself weak, and is rallying all the other weaklings to help him kill the strong because he's afraid of them?

He is willing to give a lesson, you can't judge a newborn in the same manner as a adult man. He does not to seek to create more weak but more strong.

Attached: mima.jpg (640x640, 167K)

The villain wants to give everyone nukes

Attached: C80BBF51-6D1E-4D52-9DD1-BCABEA8CB6D4.png (549x521, 272K)

>The villain is an AnCap.
I like this idea.

Make them willing to accept and recognize when they've lost.

Last thing we need is for them to become a hypocrite who cannot even imagine the possibility of losing, and complaining when the hero beats them.

Reminder that Syndromes ideals were not wrong and mr. incredible was an authoritarian boot-licker

Make him individually powerful an incredibly dangerous, but also make him hampered by a lone actor.

His very edgelord philosophy is why he can't get anything done. He can't keep minions for very long because he runs on fear rather than loyalty, so as soon as they realize what a nutter he is they bolt the first chance they get.

He just sits there, screaming about how he should be in charge because he can murder more dudes than anyone else, not understanding why no one wants to serve him and bemoaning how unfair it is that the weak keep banding together against them. Don't they know how strong he is?!?!?

tldr: make him dangerous, violent and pathetic

Make his end potentially justify the means. Perhaps he's trying to build a utopian society but he's got to crack a few eggs to make that omelet. Or his evils could be to prevent something much worse from coming to power.

make it so that statement is his greatest fear, so he seeks out to eliminate weakness by making the weak strong

quickest way to do that is by creating an environment where the weak get strong or die

He's helping he swears

WE WILL MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN

Attached: senator_armstrong_by_franz888_d61zr8a_by_dynamo1212-dad4s1u.jpg (1024x536, 93K)

Do what Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne did with Chiaki and make them one of the weak

>wants to rebuild the world into an chaotic meritocracy
>wants to seize control of the power of God so she can be on top after rebuilding the world
>actually just a scared kid who almost got murdered a dozen times after the world ended and doesn't want to end up as someone else's dinner
>puts on airs of being a badass demon lord who doesn't give a fuck about anything to cover up her own insecurities, but completely loses her shit when the Demi-Fiend finally beats her, especially if they tell her she's wrong afterward

Attached: ChiakiTenno.jpg (1912x2376, 433K)

EZ

Attached: senator armstrong.jpg (640x360, 25K)

this might actually be the best idea
failing that, this could be funny

He builds a haunted house, and has really buff people wear the monster costumes.

I'd suggest them having the strength to back it up, but no particularly evil intentions. As in, they're ready to concede to other points of views if they overcome his, which involves overcoming him.

Until then, the villain does things like making examples of those that displease them, seize control of organisations by force for a few days just to get what they need off them, Basically, someone with no clear reason to give a shit, and that thus do whatever they want.

More or less a PC.

Attached: The_Conqueror_Artwork.jpg (900x980, 121K)

Attached: ArmstrongPP.png (972x807, 487K)

The villain sees himself as weak. He expects to be defeated. He wants only to create a crisis that will force the strong to wake up.

He thanks the party for defeating him and graciously accepts his death, but pleads for the party not to let their strength go to sleep, because the world has much greater problems than he and they need the firm hand of rough men to solve them.

The party, of course, will shrug him off and fuck off with their loot afterwards, leaving the villain dying in regret and remorse for the state of the world.

Attached: 1520625665554.jpg (223x224, 23K)

> Anti-mutant bigot trying to ban the x-men using this as a tagline

>thinly veiled shot at SJWs
No user, OP said WITHOUT making them an edgelord.

The dolph ziggler of ww2

That's more Dr. Doom than syndrome

Ain't nothing edgy about the truth.

That sounds like an unhinged lunatic mad with power

prime villain material

Make him stupid.
Like really dumb.
Retard strength mode

That's pretty gud.

Otto from A Fish called Wanda?

How do you make them an edgelord?

The villain wants people regardless of class to reach their full potential and despises nepotism

Make him the weak one in said phrase, meaning he does his actions out of fear of the strong (the party)

Source? Yandex gets me nothing.

Nocturne's reasons are all great building blocks for villains.

Villain wants to make his people the strongest power in the world, mostly through aggressive conquest

Villain is one of the autistic edgelord teenagers who actually somehow managed to get his hands on real power.

Okay he's been posted twice but Colorado Senator Steven Armstrong achieved this with two short doses of screentime.

Having charisma is a big thing, people looked past the limited time they had with him because it was such a good time. He talks with no real malice towards all the people his plan will kill, it's all directed towards the structures that he sees keeping them down, Armstrong also admires and praises Raiden because he does believe in the rule of the strong but doesn't take it into gibbering retard territory where everyone even slightly weaker than you are all trash. Armstrong is understandable and in some respects admirable because he wants people to rise to his level not to keep them down as a tyrant.

Attached: Armstrong_I_Have_a_dream.jpg (640x360, 47K)

Eh.

"The truly horrifying thing about the death of Mussolini was not his death: it was that the frenzied mob that threw stones and insults was the same one that just a few years before cheered in his presence."

Plus Togliatti (the head of the Italian Commies) was as hardcore as they go. Truly a quality politician, and it's rather fitting to say that he was the true opponent of Mussolini when the Duce was reduced to a puppet in the Social Republic.

Also, Mussolini had twenty years to build Italy as he saw fit and the results were....hilarious.

The headstrong son of a beloved king, who enjoys nothing more than jousting and tournaments. Though he is now forbidden from directly participating he is easily wooed by shows of prowess and takes a liking to people he can trade exaggerated tales of heroism with. Many warriors revere him, as he is quick to show favor to the "victor" of a street fight if he is the only one to survive.

His court and loyalties change frequently, much to the peril of his kingdom. His war council includes the master at arms who trained him, a childhood friend he learned to fence with, the current champion of the pit fighters and his fathers most trusted general. The latter is the only one who has any idea how to fight an actual war or anything about battle at all outside of honorable combat. His trusted banker, whom was kept on a tight leash by the elder King, is bleeding the kingdom dry behind his back. The rest of his council changes with the winds, frequently by way of single combat or contests such as "who can shatter a hundred lances faster".

At times he has men of shocking wisdom and intellect as his advisors, who are not statesman by training but prove themselves such by nature. Many a rival kingdom has fallen prey to believing them to be a rabble of pit fighters and mercenaries, only to find themselves ruined by the wit of warrior poets and battlefield scholars.

At other times all that is said ill of the kingdom and its court prove true. Vapid and foolish performers, qualified only in stabbing a dozen apples from the air. Barbarians from the far mountains who seek only plunder or to topple what they (rightly) see as a weak king. Grizzled warriors who's grudges overwhelm any diplomacy or wisdom. The threat of single combat keeps the more "traditional" and ambitious charlatans from holding sway with the king but his current company ruins the realm all the same.

Attached: 1515073812936.jpg (1012x1300, 482K)

Play him totally straight, and then give him a subordinate who IS a total edgelord so his own villainous acts look less edgy by comparison

Attached: galcian.jpg (292x440, 18K)

He who stands in the end is righteous!

Attached: Augus_(Asura's_Wrath).jpg (800x668, 103K)

I love Jill Stingray

I was always more of a fan of "The strong should guide the weak."

Attached: Gaius_van_Baelsar.jpg (1107x1045, 516K)

uh, wow, fpbp

How about a quasi-fascist/authoritarian Superman who keeps peace and justice through the existential fear of him simply existing? He doesn't even have to necessarily be a "bad" guy to be a "villain" in that scenario.

I think it's Lastman.

He's a nervous wreck willing to do anything to become stronger so that he no longer needs fear anything.

You're not even trying to make that subtle you frog

How does it make you feel that me and my white girlfriend, both die-hard commies, are doing more to continue the white race than you ever will?

Mussolini did some shit and alas one has to admit fascism united Italy more than you'd think, but amusingly enough the one thing that he didn't was making the army fit to do anything (especially with equipment and logistics, but the officers were truly abysmal as well). So much for fascists being rational - it's true that they assumed shit would've end up fast, but Albania and Greece speak volumes even considering that.
>now with the navy he KINDA did, but you know as well as me that it didn't end well even there

you guys unironically do not understand this character at all

>expecting MAGA memers to know anything about anything

This. After all, a truly benevolent master takes care of his property.

Read the Darth Bane novels or at least a synopsis. His upbringing required him to be ruthless just to survive his upbringing. He joined the New Sith out of necessity, and he had a string of superiors being complete chucklefucks. Each time, he had assert himself just to survive. He found Old Sith writings that basically validated all of his actions. His strength to defy others allowed him to survive and thrive and he started believing quite radically that might makes right.

Seriously, read the books. Darth Bane is the best evil protagonist I've yet seen.

Attached: Duel_on_Tython.jpg (2400x2368, 672K)

Make them a literal predator who feeds on the weak. They consume everything that person is in order to live. Strong people are safe from them because there'd be too much of a chance that some of their personality or history would overwrite the villain's.

You just wanted to post this image didn’t you

And I got a new image to save, make OP's gayness work for you.

>both die-hard commies
But why tho?

Because they hate food and love mass murder, probably.

One hundred million.

>Because they hate food
Even if one doesn't repeat the agricultural fuck ups or whatever happened, I don't think I've ever seen an adequate justification for the redistribution of the wealth and assets of the top X%.

I myself am a below average income!fag, so it's not like I'm bourgeoisie

>I don't think I've ever seen an adequate justification for the redistribution of the wealth and assets of the top X%.
"But I want it."

They used to hide their power and be considerate of the weak but people just took advantage of them. Swearing to never let it happen again they've become a Superbully

>adequate
Well that's kind of the weasel word there, isn't it? One person's adequate justification is another person's madness, because politics is like 70% personal and cultural biases.

>I don't think I've ever seen an adequate justification for the redistribution of the wealth and assets of the top X%.

Generally the argument is because people see it as a systemic inequality, not because that top X% earned all that wealth legitimately but because the economic model in question makes it much easier to keep wealth if you are already wealthy and makes it harder for the poor to earn wealth with both applying equal work.

It's concerns quite often about creating nobility and royalty in all but name, where it becomes near impossible for people to move out of the class they are born into. People want the american dream to be true, that if you work hard you can go as far as your talents and hard work take you.

So, social darwinism?

Darth Bane is great. He finds the Sith order of his own time to be weak pussies so he fucking nukes them all and sets a plan for the Sith to return in full glory and power in a few thousand years. And it 100% works.

Nothing wrong with thicc, presumably powerful, legs in pantyhoses.

Attached: 1517865606184.png (1286x1406, 967K)

Make them honestly believe that people can get strong if they just darn tried. Make them completely oblivious, basically.

>Man, I remember when I just started lifting. I could only curl 50 kg back then, that was frustrating!
Something like that?

Attached: 1489113340039.png (846x760, 288K)

i gotchu senpai

Attached: 1517636589387.png (497x732, 487K)

That muscle girl is cute.

Oh, but they do. He'll put America under the hand of anyone who can grab it and steer it.

You just need more plagues, revolutions, massive wars or collapsed governments to break that income inequality. Forget economic models, just instigate great losses of life from time to time

>You just need more plagues, revolutions, massive wars or collapsed governments to break that income inequality
Actually, that's unironically the only way to truly achieve real income inequality. Intimes of stability there will always be poor and an entrenched elite.

Well, except maybe in communism. Then everyone will be equally poor and there will be true equity in the breadlines.

Attached: d33.jpg (600x657, 35K)

*to truly achieve real income equality

>Actually, that's unironically the only way to truly achieve real income inequality.

I'm pretty sure there are plenty of ways to achieve it. It's not really a one option situation.

Bump