Is there such a game?

So I’m looking for the ideal game for myself (and offer the suggest to my group as well). If I describe some elements I was hoping Veeky Forums can point me to something close to it.

In no particular order:

>Complexity of players characters such as in RogueTrade / D&D 3.X / Pathfinder
>Simplicity when using opponents or monsters (D&D 4e / Numenera) when DMing.
>Tying those first two together a game that plays different stats between the Players and DM (Numenera / Mousegaurd)
>Aspect invoking like in Numenera, Fate (and a little of 5e) that allow you to tug players in directions based on their Aspects by tempting them game-resources
>Learned to love the “Luck” stat (Stars without number) both as a tool for the DM and a tool for a player.
>Resource stat instead of nickel and dime currency tracking (Many games)
>Generic do-it-all games like Fate & Gurps have left a bad taste in my mouth. Not opposed to Generic games, but probably not my first choice
> (Never liked Fate core or accelerated, but ended up loving Dresden Files and Atomic Robo. The tiny tweaks just made it worked)
>Setting preference is "meh" because I'm looking for something new
>Background building is fun but not a deal breaker (5e / Traveler)

Attached: Untitled-2.png (599x449, 93K)

Attached: gurpsboi.jpg (307x309, 43K)

True. But already tried it.

What didn't you like about it, what requirements listed in the OP did it fail to achieve and how?

Well in this specific case it fails to meet not all- but most of the criteria OP is looking for.

Genesys, if you can stomach the custom dice. Free online rollers are a dime a dozen though.
But yeah, you just more or less described Genesys.

Not OP, but sweet, I'll have to check that out.

Dude, I'm the one who posted the pic and I have to tell you to stop

He doesn't want to play GURPS, don't shove it down his fucking throat

this is why we have a bad rep, because fuckwads like you don't understand when to stop

Anyways OP, try out something like Genesys, probably would fit your style. There's also Cypher, which is what Numenera runs on, and you seem to like that system

>the two worst games in the current generation of rpgs (pathfinder is a last gen holdout)
Wow, sounds like dogshit

>STOP TELLING ME THE CORRECT ANSWER TO MY QUESTION YOU ARE RAPING ME
Just because you can't read and understand simple rpg games like GURPS doesn't mean you need to start fucking screeching any time it's mentioned, fuck off you retarded little dummy.

I literally just told you I'm a fan of GURPS, I've read it and it's one of my favourite systems. Shoving it down peoples throats when they don't want it is doing nothing but pissing people off

Shut up you SJW cuck

go back to your echo chamber /pol/lack

Find a system with all the crunchy mechanical stuff you want (combat, character options, etc.).
Pick the narrative stuff you want, and just put it into the game. D&D 3.5 won't break if you add Aspects, abstract resources, and abstracted enemies.

Powered By The Apocalypse systems would also meet most of your requirements.
>Complex PCs
Kinda. Character sheets are relatively simple with limited customization, but the PC powers are very flexible and interesting. You're also encouraged to hack stuff and build your own playbooks/moves if the player wants to do something that's not on their sheet.
>Simple monsters
Very much so. Most PbtA games give monsters 2 stats: health and damage. Everything else is just descriptive adjectives (like Aspects)
>Aspect invoking.
Depends on the PbtA game. Most of them have "bonds" which are like Aspects but specifically designed for PC-to-PC drama. Weapons are also generally given "tags", which can be used to add narrative stuff during combat. It's all much less mechanical/stat-driven than FATE, tho.
>Luck stat
not sure exactly sure what this means.
>Generic resources
Yes. This is a core part of most PbtA games. Money can be a "wealth" stat. Relationships are a "contacts" stat. Mundane dungeon crawl items are replaced with a generic "adventuring gear" stat that can be spent to say "my character pulls out a rope and climbing gear".
>Generic systems suck. Cool settings
Also yes! Another core tenet of PbtA systems is that the mechanics are tailored to the setting. There's no sacred cows or global rules. Look at Apocalypse World, Monsterhearts, Dungeon World, The Sprawl, and Masks.
>Backgrounds
This is usually left pretty open. Most playbooks are small enough to fit on 1 or 2 double-sided sheets, so there's usually not a lot of D&D 5e-style prewritten background stuff to slot-in to your character. PbtA games are designed so that you create your characters together, and it usually goes pretty quickly.

>Powered By The Apocalypse systems would also meet most of your requirements.
>meets 2
This is just one reason why no one likes you people and your shitty system.

Attached: 66d.png (480x375, 103K)

Dungeons the Dragoning

I'm literally just trying to figure out what OPs preferences are so I can better recomend a system?

Not him, but GURPS doesn't have
>simplicity when using opponents (especially setup if you have little experience)
>Aspect invoking like Numenara
>Resource stat by default (though I'm sure you could add one in)
>Built in setting
>NOT GURPS

>Hating on PbtA
>Dungeon World is the only PbtA game
What is this, 2014-era Veeky Forums?

>Built in setting
Infinite Worlds
>simplicity when using opponents
Stat out 4 stats and give them brawling / guns. Done
>Resource stat by default (though I'm sure you could add one in)
Very easily
>Aspect invoking like Numenara
Very easily added in
>NOT GURPS
Can't help you there

I second this. Genesis is pretty close to what you're looking for but it's a new system that still needs a lot expanded onto it. Luckily, it gives you the tools to do that yourself.

Attached: bGUBwGp.png (1361x1356, 1.44M)

Infinite Worlds is barely a setting. Plus, enemy design is more involved than you let on. But, even if it were as simple as assigning attributes, GURPS doesn't have a giant book of monsters premade for DMs, nor a built in system to help determine encounter difficulty.

I'm not saying it's a bad game, it's my absolute favourite system, but it's not welcoming to inexperienced, lazy or time restrained GMs.

Realms of Terrinoth, the fantasy setting book for Genesys, is coming out soon.

Will check out.

Attached: gns02_preview.jpg (590x250, 35K)

Not too sure about most of the rest, but the first four points (and your image) scream '13th Age' to me. Worth looking at, probably after Genesys if that doesn't whet your whistle.

Check out Strike!

It's like someone bolted a simplified PbtA chassis on top of 4e-like combat. Since they are their own separate pockets, you could even replace the non-combat parts with Atomic Robo (or other FATE/FAE)/The Sprawl (or other PbtA)/anything else if you wanted.

Book has pretty shitty editing tho.

Don't even fucking pretend that shit game is relevant to what OP is looking for.

How is it not? It checks basically all the boxes, aside from being generic.

I know its the Veeky Forums meme to bash on Dungeon World, but it's a legitimately good game. It has its problems sure, but no ttrpg is 100% perfect in every single way for every potential player.

Fuck off strikefag
Mekton Zeta is 10x better as a mech game

It checks literally none of the boxes you fucking lying shill.

I can overlook when you fucking Strike fags shill your shit system when its actually somewhat relevant to a thread, but don't fucking lie to people when shilling your shit.

Song of Swords is 100% what your looking for.

I feel like I'm literally being baited into shilling Strike!, so good job I guess.

>Complexity of players characters such as in RogueTrade / D&D 3.X / Pathfinder

You got more skills/tricks/complications/etc than 3.PF, and you got a class+role split for the other half of the character. It is, however, way less granular.

>Simplicity when using opponents or monsters (D&D 4e / Numenera) when DMing.

It's 4e-style, but simpler.

>Tying those first two together a game that plays different stats between the Players and DM (Numenera / Mousegaurd)

Again, check.

>Aspect invoking like in Numenera, Fate (and a little of 5e) that allow you to tug players in directions based on their Aspects by tempting them game-resources

Complications work like this.

>Learned to love the “Luck” stat (Stars without number) both as a tool for the DM and a tool for a player.

Complications give you Action Points that you can spend on using special tricks, among other things.

>Resource stat instead of nickel and dime currency tracking (Many games)

Money is handled like a stat/skill.

>Generic do-it-all games like Fate & Gurps have left a bad taste in my mouth. Not opposed to Generic games, but probably not my first choice (Never liked Fate core or accelerated, but ended up loving Dresden Files and Atomic Robo. The tiny tweaks just made it worked)
>Setting preference is "meh" because I'm looking for something new
>Background building is fun but not a deal breaker (5e / Traveler)

Your skills/tricks/complications are mostly determined by your origin+background, The book has an example list, but you can make up your own (has a questionnaire to help with that).

Really? You are going to be butthurt about somebody preferring a game for mechs that isn't Mekton?

Battle Century G is 10x better than Mekton.

Shadowrun 5e with 3e setting.

>Complications work like this.
>>Learned to love the “Luck” stat (Stars without number) both as a tool for the DM and a tool for a player.
>Complications give you Action Points that you can spend on using special tricks, among other things.

Mangled, those two lines of mine should be one line.

I don't remember how luck works in SWN actually.

It looks like you're pretty familiar with Numenera, have you taken a look at the Cypher System? It's essentially class-based, but you mix and match stats and abilities from one of seven core classes and a thematic class like "Bears A Crown of Fire."