Jumpchain CYOA Thread #2129: Jumper's Used Goods Edition

>Google Drive:
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chats:
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules:
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain:
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Attached: JumpchainOP.pdf (PDF, 5.91M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gKRzfU3dHGQ
archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/58560689/#58564462
danbooru.donmai.us/pools/1139.
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

There's no such thing as used goods user, just well-loved heirlooms.

Attached: scathach.jpg (1280x1810, 289K)

Am I a junkman making jumps, or jumpmaker making junk.

The Iron Giant Jump in finished.

Attached: The Iron Giant Jumpchain.pdf (PDF, 7.32M)

I love you.

Attached: 1388343741049.jpg (900x675, 73K)

You are so goddamned beautiful you know that.

>just landed in Fallout
>in the middle of Arizona
>with a bunch of mad engineering going on and wanting to make a profit on it
>still a lady because Touhou shenanigans and no real chance to swap back yet

I don't know who will hate me more, Caesar or the Brotherhood. Also, weren't there no control Vaults in Arizona? Ah, whatever.

Attached: awkward jack smile.gif (720x540, 641K)

>My internet told me the post failed

It's cause I'm a robot isn't it.

Thank you, friend of the metal ones.

Personal opinion : Caesar, because at least the brotherhood doesn't deal in slaves. Also Best girl companion in the games.

Alright. Time to bring the Giant to All-Star Superman. Because the Giant would just love that. And Clark would probably appreciate having a giant killer robot that's friendly, for once.

Wow, this is really awesome. Thanks for the jump.

>My suggestion got in.
Neat.

Definitely Caesar. The Brotherhood suck, but they're not actively evil the way the Legion is. And if you're female at this point in time, the Legion will make it personal.

This is fantastic. Excellent work and excellent jump!

Welp...say high to House/the NCR for us!

Superman is too strong. Once a jump auto win against anything or anyone and you come back at the end is just too abusable.

I mean in fallout 4 it's debatable that the Brotherhood are evil, but mostly they are just lawful Stupid.

I mean... if you wanted to? They wouldn't be companions anymore though.

Nah, he needs to shack up with the Boomers.

I...completely forgot about them.

Yah, she should.

If the Manta Jet I bought in The Incredibles still works properly, I do have basically-a-Vertibird-with-no-weapons. And I could always drop the Omnidroid on them.

Hm, it's approaching that time.

Jumpchain! For the Bronze Age Collapse Jump, I'm currently debating whether the Kings should get a 600 CP item to bring their kingdom (for other backgrounds it would just be their landholdings, unless they take over/start and hold kingdom by the end of the Jump) along with them or not.

So, would it be better to offer it as an item, a scenario reward, or to not offer it at all?

That's essentially an auto-win against the Legion. They don't have an answer against the Omnidroid, and the western Brotherhood doesn't have anything to take it down either.

Still have to worry about assassination though.

Attached: 1162px-Bronze-age-collapse.svg.png (1162x888, 282K)

This is awesome.

>What if a had gun had a soul.
Page 9. Should be "What if a gun had a soul."

>But it will not your end.
Page 9. Missing "be".
>you will again be revived afterword
"afterward"

Is this better?

>For anytime you give up your own life to save others, no matter the scale or how insurmountable the foe, your heroic death will have an exceptionally high chance of ending your adversary and save all it threatened.

Yes that is true. Assassins are a problem. Two of my Companions don't need to sleep, and I do have an Alice Doll (the Touhou item), so maybe have any of those look after me while I'm resting.

Would the kingdom manifest in the present setting, or in the setting's past during their Bronze Age equivalent?

I think it would work better as an item. Making it a scenario reward seems like it'd be a bit lopsided, given only one of the backgrounds would synergize fully with it.

No. That's basically the same thing. It's an infinitely scaling thing that doesn't actually require your true death, both because the perk lets you come back and because other 1 ups exist. It's also much stronger than the other 600s.

Just a 1 up that lets you come back from a heroic sacrifice with a side effect would be good enough given what your other 600 capstones are, not something that lets you beat any one no matter how large or powerful the foe is.

Isn't that just the same thing, given that exceptionally high chance still doesn't care how good the enemy is?

>Need sexy sensei with millenia of practice by herself in the Shadowlands to show her technique on how she "slayed" gods by handling monster bone spears

Maybe change it to saving people without fail? Like, the giant doesn't defeat a foe with his sacrifice. He just keeps the town from getting nuked. So it could work by changing it so that your enemy isn't defeated, but circumstances will be arranged so that they won't wind up hurting any innocent bystanders. "Keep the bad guy from indiscriminate killing" is the same as outright defeating them in some cases, but not others where they have non-pure evil goals.

A+ Jump Roboanon. I like the perks so much I think I'd rather go Human than Iron Giant.

Attached: chef.jpg (960x540, 37K)

Any chance of you making it so if we buy a second one subsequent Anima are discounted?

It depends on how far that extends. If it stops the attack no matter how strong but doesn't stop them from firing again if they can, it could work. If it stops them from ever doing it again, it's just a reskinned version of what it is right now.

So if it was able to stop a nuclear blast but not prevent them from firing a second nuke, it'd be more balanced but if it stopped the enemy ever attacking again, it wouldn't be.

Item works fine
We already have a few Items that let you bring kingdoms/entire space faring civilizations into future jumps so this isn't any more over powered than any of those

Attached: 1500964116567.jpg (766x1024, 246K)

stuck in strike witches

girls want to genderbend me

send help

That don work neither. Giant didn't die, he just got hurt.

I'd say item

Attached: __arcueid_brunestud_tsukihime__54bd756e3b458b2ba1bd9a31430d3ba2.jpg (800x620, 190K)

I thought of doing that in the beginning as I originally had the prices much higher for the gods. Now that they're 400 at most I don't think that'll be happening.

Ya, item works.

Yes, it does work. It's just keeping the effect as it is in the jump right now but removing/changing the auto defeat side effect. If you have a complaint, bring it up with the jump.

I was thinking of it as just innocent bystanders. A villain could target enemy military assets or people opposing otherwise them, but they wouldn't be able to just go around murdering people. Which, again, stops some villains cold but not others.

Ok, thanks for explaining it.

Go for it. Flying around with a dong dangling ruins your aerodynamics anyways.

>send help
All right.
What sort of dress would you prefer?

I still don't think it makes sense if it permanently prevents someone from targeting a certain sort of thing via your sacrifice, though I do agree it wouldn't be unbalanced.

Okay, so how about:
>For anytime you give up your own life to save others, your heroic death will guarantee the survival of those you gave your life to protect.

With the note section stating that the perk does not protect them from future attacks?

Use the power of cosmic retcons to jump Needless beforehand. There's a perkline that might help you with that. Trust me.

I'm satisfied by that change. Though I think there's no need to put it into the note section when the future attack limit is such a small note. Might as well put it in the perk itself.

So, I'm trying to decide what SAO's Kirito's Noble Phantasm should be as Saber. My initial thought was to use Lambent Light (Asuna's sword) as the foundation - It is the sword that was used to kill the god of a world and save everyone living within it... But I'm curious if anyone has a better suggestion.

This looks really fun.

Some typos/errors in it on top of the ones found...

>Coffee-zilla
"espresso mixed" ~ "espresso (mix/mixes)"
>Notes on Scrap yard
"punch of armor" ~ "bunch of armor"

>Lost in Adaptation
Dash in 'seriously' is white, not gray

The consensus has spoken!

Now I shall wait 30 minutes to ensure I haven't spoken too soon before I actually start writing it up, assuming it doesn't change.

I'd say it follows you into whatever time you end up in, but I can make it an option for it to manifest in the setting's past if you'd prefer that.

Just...remember that in all likelihood it won't survive long enough for you to see it again if you're going into a modern setting...assuming you didn't do some crazy sociological tinkering and give them "game-breaking" advantages. Though, I could include a clause that while your kingdom retains modifications made, if it's destroyed entirely in a single Jump it manifests in the next Jump as it was before the prior Jump.

Attached: 10-incredible-facts-mycanaean-armies_8.jpg (770x444, 80K)

That means a lot to me coming from you. Thanks!

Just to clarify, this is what the perk will look like now.
>It is a sad fact that you could one day find yourself in a position where you face a foe that threatens to end you and all of those you love. It is from these moments that some of the bravest heroes are made. The heroes who give their very lives in an attempt to save others. Now, if you ever find yourself in such situation, you can do it with a smile. For anytime you give up your own life to save others, your heroic death will guarantee the survival of those you gave your life to protect (though it will not protect them from future attacks). But it will not be your end. As sometime after your sacrifice, though you will be weak and injured, you will find yourself living once more. And so long as 10 years have passed since your last death, you will again be revived afterward. As a final bonus, the people you save will never forget what you did for them. Often going so far as to have a statue built in your memory.

Is everyone happy with this?
Merging and compressing this pdf takes few boringly long minutes so I want to get it right.

Thanks!

The Digitized Matter storage in Infinite Stratos is just a storage method, and not a replicator, correct?

Got some other questions if you do not mind answering them.

How accurate do you think the Blue Dragon's precog would be against other precogs?

When Red Phoenix healing removes anything negatively affecting others would it count something like a mental illness someone was born with? Just want to make sure.

Also, the Phoenix doesn't mention about any healing being done to its host aside from the resurrection, is that on purpose and it is not able to heal them like others?

Attached: Phoenix alight.jpg (1200x755, 125K)

>
Just...remember that in all likelihood it won't survive long enough for you to see it again if you're going into a modern setting...assuming you didn't do some crazy sociological tinkering and give them "game-breaking" advantages
That's kind of the part I want. Just knowing my civilization was around back then. I think that's kind of cool. It still being around in the modern day means I have to figure out how it fits into the setting. Being ancient history means the tides of time can have smoothed its influence away, and it's just something cool in the backstory.

tits decrease drag, this is a fact. ergo a dick will as well

no bully

Huh, didn't see you two there.

I suppose that's good enough for me then!

....also, where did you get that adorable pic?

youtube.com/watch?v=gKRzfU3dHGQ

Looks good.

Been a while since I posted writefaggotry outside of a bin and this bit is pretty short. Here's where we last left off, for reference:
archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/58560689/#58564462

The cold ashes of the dead, nameless world greet me with its usual silence. I take a deep breath. My footing feels steady this time. I'm getting used to the transition process. Seems to be by the decade, almost on the dot. I guess being a broken-down divine soul thing doesn't stop it from being precise. I'm in the study again. I guess it's time to go see Nichol-
>"Woaaaaah. That was weird. Hey, hey, user! Where are we?...it looks kinda dead."
...Arcueid?!

We were soon huddled around a small fire outside of Nicholas' house. The old scholar would be scratching his beard curiously.
>"It seems the Spark recognizes those close to you...and seeks to bring them along with you."
“...but, do you want to be here, Arcueid? It's...not pretty.” I said, motioning to the world.
>"I said I wanted to be with you, didn't I?" She responded with a chipper smile. “Besides, what would you do without me, huh?”
...I'm the one who should be saying stuff like that you!
“...hey, Nicholas? That warning you gave me...does that stuff apply to Arcueid as well?”
>"Hmm..." Nicholas shook his head. “No. It only follows the light of the Spark.”
>"Eh? It?...what're you two talking about? Am I in trouble again?"
“Don't worry about it.”
>"Hey..." Arcueid narrowed her red eyes in a glare. “You were hiding all of this stuff from me and you're just going to tell me not to worry about it?”
“I honestly know as much as you do, at this point.” I relented with a sigh. “I thought we were going to be separated forever when the ten year mark was up.” I could see Arcueid's expression changing to confusion and then growing annoyance. I throw in a bit of honesty to throw her off guard. “But...if you really did want to come with me, I'm glad you did. It's been really lonely out here. Thank you, Arcueid.”

Attached: 1508894435545.jpg (351x461, 47K)

It's just a storage, yeah. At least, we never see it making things from data. I dunno if it could but given it's Tabane, who knows.

>"Wha---" Her complaints die in her throat and her face turns a bit red, and she starts fidgeting. “Well, duh!” Then she went right back to having a goofy grin on her face. “It's like I said before, isn't it?”
“...yeah. Idiots need to stick together, right?” I replied.
>"H-hey! Don't call me an idiot!" Laughing a bit, she threw an arm around me and began to ruffle my hairOWOWOWSTOPYOU'RE STILLSTRONGERTHANME.
Nicholas just watches us quietly. His staring makes me uncomfortable. Everything about him looks the part of a jolly, wise old man. But I notice, especially now, that his wizened appearance has no change in posture or even a single hint of an involuntary twitch. Every move he makes is deliberate, from his following gaze or the words he speaks. Like he was somehow ‘other’. Or just very, very old. Once Arcueid has settled in and has left to explore the area outside of the small hut, I focus my attention back on him.
“Nicholas.”
>"More questions?"
“Yeah...I realized it after the last ‘jump’ started. You never said what happened to the Thirteen.”
>"...Thirteen? I told you that the Thirteenth World's creator disappeared."
Didn't he? So why did I wonder about that...? I probably just forget. It's not like I've been keeping notes.
>"As for the Twelve...they did battle with one another during the final fall of this world. Each one wielded terrible otherworldly power that could bring even Gods down to their knees. But they were tired. Diminished. Fragments of what they once were, desperately scrambling to hold the last embers of light in their collapsing empires. Their divine Sparks all died, one by one, and faded away."
“That doesn't make any sense.”
Nicholas raises his head.
“If all of them faded away, how would I have one right now? Even if it's just a piece, that means it got away. So does that mean one or more of them could have survived?”

>That's kind of the part I want. Just knowing my civilization was around back then. I think that's kind of cool. It still being around in the modern day means I have to figure out how it fits into the setting. Being ancient history means the tides of time can have smoothed its influence away, and it's just something cool in the backstory.
Fair enough, good user.

Though...you're not trying to pull a King Arthur, are you?

Attached: 10-incredible-facts-mycanaean-armies_11.jpg (550x719, 45K)

>I'd say it follows you into whatever time you end up in, but I can make it an option for it to manifest in the setting's past if you'd prefer that.
I think including an option to choose how your kingdom manifests would be the best option
You have people who want their own nation at their command and then you have people who just want the background lore

Attached: 1500858503462.jpg (8558x3134, 5.4M)

The old scholar became silent, his hands resting on his knees. His mirth disappeared, the light in his eyes dimming as a frown took shape on his bearded face.
>"Light covets light, just as fire covets tinder to burn. Yes. You are correct. It is no coincidence that you hold the last Divine Spark...and the Twelve may yet still live."
I could feel my stomach churn. The things that did this...still alive? The thought was unbearable. No, it was nothing short of horrifying.
>"The Great Darkness and their own hubris snuffed out the light that burned in their souls. With their powers fading away, they would assault and feast upon one another's treasures and people in a desperate bid for power. A war that was meant to be a brief show of force turned into an armageddon that none of them could escape. But they did survive. Indeed, they exist within the Infinity now, hiding among the cycle of reincarnation...and light covets light."
I immediately stood up and drew my knife, holding it at the ready. My instincts were screaming at me: This man is dangerous. How much was he hiding if he was keeping something this crucial from me? What was his endgame?! Still, he does not move despite the threat. I activate my Mystic Eyes of Death Perception...but I do not see lines on him. In fact, now I can't see Nicholas at all. The red lines of death spread around the small hut and the ruins outside like branches of great trees, yet not an inch of death covers the old man.
>"I am not your enemy, user."
“You couldn't have possibly known all of this unless you were there somehow, right?...are you one of them?!”
Nicholas glared at me before letting out a long sigh.
>"That's the same look he gave me, all those years ago."
“Answer me!”
>"I am not your enemy, user. Nor am I one of the Twelve. But rest assured..."

His bottom parts look like a cake.

Have you had any memorable random encounters in your chain? That moment when you're just strolling along and someone or something blindsides you out of nowhere? I don't necessarily mean a drawback or someone rolling you or punching through your defenses in a setting where they shouldn't be able to. I just wondered if anyone ever sat down and thought about something like that happening to their jumper.

Attached: Li shuwen backalley.jpg (1200x2095, 584K)

You know when a frame skips in an old VHS tape? Like suddenly one frame shifts to an entirely different scene? With no transition or fanfare, Nicholas was gone, but I could still hear his voice. An iron key was sitting where he once was, and he left one final warning...
>"A gift for you, user. Because in this infinite, beautiful, and ugly scope of creation...your only allies will be the lights you carry with you, against the screaming dark."

[Cosmic Warehouse]
Utilities: Electricity, Plumbing, Heat/AC
Structures: Shelving, Housing, Medbay, Terminal
Misc: Food Supply, Stasis Pod x3

Just so this spam wasn't completely pointless, taking suggestions on where to go next. As usual, have a bias towards weeb things.

It's an ancient Arcueid comic I found on a booru. danbooru.donmai.us/pools/1139. I also remembered that Heavens was talking about Arc dressed as Hisui a while ago, so this is for him.

Attached: __arcueid_brunestud_and_hisui_kagetsu_tooya_and_tsukihime__edf6d2b2083e9f61f5bf121dd2d39873.jpg (575x800, 251K)

I would say the blue dragon's precog can work around other precogs by just being straight up better.

That does include mental illnesses.

Kinda. I'm on the fence of whether or not to put in you can instantly heal yourself. I'll probably have made a decision by the next update.

Who is the best person to waifu in Wheel of Time?

Get a high powered stinger and some more AA guns and tell them to heck off

Having just picked up Arcueid, I know just where you should go.
Idolmaster.

Verin Mathwin. A kindly BrownBlack ajah Aes'Sedai.

I haven't done anything specific, but I think the idea of "Jumper is ignoring the plot and minding their own business, only to bump into the big bad while they're out shopping" is a good hook.

Breath of Fire 3.

Literally N-O-N-E.

Ore no Imouto.

Ib Gauntlet.

Symphogear. Saya no Uta

All she wanted to do was learn. Just imagine what she could learn on the chain.

>That means a lot to me coming from you. Thanks!
No problem man. I like Robocop and Terminator a lot, too.

>Literally N-O-N-E.
No one is good enough? No Forsaken take your fancy? I am sure some of them would be willing to be a companion for the price of immortality and freedom from the Dark One. No Normal people?

Despite her minor issue, which any competent jumper should be able to solve, she's about the only decent female in the series. Everyone else seems to catch the sniffer plague spread by Egwene.

>I would say the blue dragon's precog can work around other precogs by just being straight up better.
Awesome.

>Kinda. I'm on the fence of whether or not to put in you can instantly heal yourself. I'll probably have made a decision by the next update.
Alright, I can understand that. Thanks for answering.

Attached: BB Combined Form.jpg (1510x1912, 1.55M)

I want to be a mix of Sherlock and moriarty. What jumps other than Sherlock Holmes would let me do that

I guess I can justify it as some kind of quantum voodoo, since if it was classical data it would be quite silly not to use a matter (un)/digitizer as a replicator.

>archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/58560689/#58564462
Welp, there's the 'Trails of Blood' drawback 'coming around to bite yah.

>The rest
I like your Arcueid, you've written her quite well. Interested to see where you go from here.

Though...shouldn't the maid have revived? Or was she not the Faithful Hand?
>Spoiler
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure?

Will do.

I suppose it does.

You are a saint.

Attached: 20-1.jpg (1456x1007, 183K)

Given what series this is from, that might be for the best.

Strike Witches.

All pantsu all the time

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. Get FABULOUS.

>that armor
SPEAR AND MAGIC HELMET

Attached: SPEAR AND MAGIC HELMET.jpg (269x188, 7K)

>she's about the only decent female in the series. Everyone else seems to catch the sniffer plague spread by Egwene.
Yeah, how do you think I feel? I'm dragging a drawback into WoT to start at Breaking and leave after the Last Battle. I am going to get alot of that sniffing coming my way. That is alot of time to be told how I "know nothing, John Snow".
I think I might just steal one of those power rods and help her out, if I remember. It's going to be near 3,800 years for me. Alone, without companions. My time there is going to suck for a while.
But I already have an endless food item and can get water easy. I should survive the Breaking no problem. Maybe hang out with the Heroes of the Horn every time they get reborn Think I might even go hang with Ishamael every now and again.

Magic Helmet?

Page 18, the text for Make Sure He Stays Here is the same as the End blurb above it.

Suggestions noted!
Noted and she/they stayed dead. The implication is that the companions need to survive the first meeting jump to be brought along - in addition to the 'bond' thing.

Attached: 1484725529173.gif (500x510, 1.33M)

The Great Detective jump has a perk tree dedicated to Sherlock, and you've already mentioned the Sherlock Holmes jump that will let you be Moriarty like.

Aside from maybe SCP, are there any jumps that would let me make a memtic or psionic virus? I have a really fucked up idea for something I want to do to the Eldar.

Reposting question for you Valeria

Death Note.

On it, thanks!

>No Psych jump with a Drop-In capstone that lets you convince people supernatural abilities are actually just extreme mundane skills