/SWG/ - Heavy Assault Edition

So are you looking forward to battles like this in Legion?

Previously: Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB
Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (Edge of the Empire/Age of Rebellion/Force and Destiny)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
Other FFG Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Destiny and the LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN
FFG Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the FFG RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ
Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>mega.nz/#F!kJtCTR7Q!HNUwVc1B8KB2FrD4Twmb7g
Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/Un1UhzZ4

Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing
Shipfag's Starship Combat Fixes for EotE/AoR/FaD
>mediafire.com/file/y9w713etmckbs98/Shipfag.JPG
Heroes of the Aturi Cluster, co-op X-Wing campaign
>dockingbay416.com/campaign

--- Latest News ----
Legion behind the scenes video:
>youtube.com/watch?v=lhcTxl8nj8Q
Legion painting guide:
>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/3/16/get-started-painting-star-wars-legion/
Season One Organized Play:
>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/3/12/recruit-your-legions/
>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/3/12/take-your-best-shot/
>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/3/12/open-the-blast-doors/
>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/3/12/star-destroyers-fighters-and-fun/
>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/3/12/the-force-is-with-you/
>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/3/12/the-way-of-the-force/

Attached: Battle_of_Balmorra_2.jpg (1250x921, 487K)

Other urls found in this thread:

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/FEX-M3_nerve_gas_grenade
youtube.com/watch?v=E4e9nnJYJ9E
fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/3/22/mobilize-your-legions/
fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/3/22/imperial-might/
fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/3/22/spark-of-rebellion/
youtube.com/watch?v=-9vDFVNZDXw
youtube.com/watch?v=PXC4erlcL0g
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>reading TotJ again
Christ, I'd forgotten what a piece of shit Redemption was
What a way to end it on a sour note

>not Legion release day edition
>didn't add the new video

amateur hour

Will Legion have artillery?

Attached: Artillery!.png (1920x816, 1.08M)

You tell me

Attached: swl16_advanced-positions.png (418x300, 229K)

At the moment they don't have it, but there's been speculation they may add it in, or at least discussions on how they could.

If they don't, you can get a similar albeit very expensive effect by putting some mortar launchers on an AT-ST and just tucking it away in the corner.

So, Adepticon starts today, and FFG has two more videos in the playlist for Legion. Do you think we're gonna cap it off with an announcement over the launch weekend, or do you think FFG is fine with the next quarter's worth of content announced already?

Alternatively, with Legion out the door, is it finally time to announce some shit for Armada?

I'll admit that I've never been a fan of comics, but one thing that ticks me off that's seemingly pointless is how random shit is bolded.

Why do comics bold random bits of text? Is it verbal all-caps?

It's not like REGULAR PEOPLE talk in SENTENCES like THIS.

Someone mind explaining why the Rebels were using this crap in Legends?

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/FEX-M3_nerve_gas_grenade

Attached: FEX-M3_grenade.jpg (250x300, 83K)

Is this the predacessor of the AT-TE?

And did any of these ever turn up in the Clone Wars?

Attached: Manka-class.png (1779x999, 3.43M)

Yes

No

...can you repeat the question?

It's to break up the text and avoid monotonous wordswordswords, highlight important concepts, and ACTION.
Comics are not known for being a subtle medium.

Be honest. Would you Kiera Swan

Attached: acw_ia_94347_a7d2b0ac.jpg (768x432, 50K)

>crap

Seemed to be effective enough.

Granted, if we're going off of Stormtrooper armor having built-in protection from nerve gas, which some sources say Yes and some say No to, then it still would've been effective for Imperial Army troopers, who'd most often be on the defensive, since them being combatants would imply the Rebels were on the offensive.

Likewise, it'd be a very effective weapon for entrenched Rebels when used by attacking Stormtroopers, and unlike frags or thermals, their suits would make them immune to the effects.

>Czerka Arms- "when you need every casualty to be a war crime!"
To the best of my knowledge, I can't cite a source anywhere of it being used by rebel forces- quite happy to be shown where though as I'm by no means an encyclopaedia on all the little things. That's sort of one of the things with a wiki source is that anyone can update it and not necessarily be maliciously incorrect, but nonetheless wrong.

Heavy rain here, no more sitting on a bulldozer all day, so time for an art dump

Attached: shane_molina_00.jpg (1800x1164, 746K)

Attached: shane_molina_01.jpg (1800x1164, 841K)

Attached: shane_molina_02.jpg (1800x1256, 605K)

Attached: shane_molina_04.jpg (1800x1164, 571K)

Attached: shane_molina_06.jpg (1800x1260, 1.11M)

Attached: shane_molina_08.jpg (1800x2330, 1.81M)

Attached: shane_molina_09.jpg (1800x2330, 3.3M)

Attached: shane-molina-tie-interceptor-drew1.jpg (1920x1484, 657K)

why is the cockpit smaller than an R2 unit?

Good news! The Empire still as the cutest muscle girls! She's a fallen Jedi too so you know she's down for all kinds of twisted sith.

Attached: bench presses an at-at and cute as a button.jpg (1041x1600, 405K)

>all kinds of twisted sith.
>sith

Come on user, we're all adults here. You don't have to censor yourself. Just say it. Poodoo.

B-but that would be bombad!

see but comics of the late 80s/early 90s were really bad with it. done well, you'd hardly notice it.

the only source listed for that is the WEG miniatures game, so it very well could have just been a unit upgrade that may or may not have an impact on canon

Why is Chopper the best character not only in Star Wars Rebels but in all of Star Wars?

Attached: chopper1_by_chad73-d7a8u34.jpg (243x357, 110K)

Help me flesh out an AoR campaign idea

It's gonna be a shameless palette swap of Dark Forces but I don't want to just replace Kyle and call it a day. My thinking is sometime post-Hoth an ambitious Imperial (Moff/General/Inquisitor), who formerly served with Mohc, discovers the whereabouts of a lost and abandoned CIS factory ship (totally not the Arc Hammer) and gets the bright idea to use it to reboot the Dark Trooper project off the books. Maybe even planning to pull a Zaarin and use it as a power grab. His begrudging villainous compatriot is an Arkanian (mad) scientist from the CIS who's been locked in a hole for the past decade or so for war crimes. Maybe one of the minds behind the Phase Zero project, or maybe one of the doctors who worked on Grievous?

I'm thinking NotMohc is "stealing" Imperial shipments to fund his pet project, making it look like the work of pirates. The party, likely rebel agents, hear about these pirates stealing from the Empire and are tasked with scoping them out to see if they're a possible threat, or potential ally, for the Alliance. When they find out that there's no real pirates, they instead have to solve the mystery of why the Empire is stealing it's own cargo... and meanwhile having to investigate what's causing them to lose contact with Rebel outposts in the sector (SPOILERS: it's dark troopers wreckin' shit)

I'm not running this game for another month or so, and the early sessions are going to be generic Rebel missions while they try to follow a trail of bread crumbs, so that's just my rough outline. Any thoughts/suggestions/criticisms/threats against my mother?

He maintains a helluva kill count for someone who isn't a Creepio knockoff, I'll give him that.

Do I HAVE to be evil if I want to be a Sith?
I mean, let's say I find their stuff better than the regular Jedi's. Do I have to start killing children and forming evil empires or roll with people that might do the aforementioned?

Says as if there were nearly enough gay muscle Amazons, let alone too many of them.

No. You have to be willign to do anythign to anyone to get what you want. That's the mindset that enables you to do things like rip the force apart to generate lightning, or to crush the throat of people you don't like.

Pretty much. You can go down the dark path with good intentions, but it will warp you to your core in the end. It's not so much the Sith bit, it's just the Dark Side. Never trust anything that relies on that much negative emotion. The Sith try to master it, claim they can master it, but it makes bitches of them all in the end.

Maybe in the old EU it was possible. Certainly there was more stepping back from the darkness. New stuff, bah, it's just not good for anyone. Nightsisters had some belief they could use the light and dark but worried about going too dark that they could never got out again. In the end Talzin's thirst for vengeance against Sidious and Dooku fucked over the sisters, herself, Ventress, and Maul. Her son wound up fucking them over by destroying probably their last chance at a comeback.

Ewok pilot

Being a 'Sith' really sort of requires a Sith Master or Holocron to send you down the path all good and proper to get a Darth title along with the quasi-religious belief system that being a sith entails.
Falling to the darkside however, just requires a whole lot of 'good intentions paving the way to hell'- so to speak

Attached: shane_molina_07.jpg (1800x1260, 799K)

Is there any sort of central trove with scans of all the X-wing Miniatures cards?

I keep finding them scattered all over the web but it's really hit and miss

Attached: 3XW[1].jpg (4323x3288, 4.83M)

The wiki?

>Legion teaser trailer
>Legion game overview
>Legion making-of video
>Legion Endor scenario guide
>two deleted videos
Think we're getting those two additional videos in the playlist? Or are FFG gonna take launch day off?

I'm picking my shit up after lunch so I've got nothing to do all day until then but wait.

So is the XJ meant to be a variant of the T-65? I always took it as being an entirely new X-Wing model, without the 'T-65' attached to its designation.

Attached: RedFive_X-wing_SWB.png (840x550, 301K)

Bless you, my son. May no ghosts or nyms darken your day.

Thanks user.

I was hoping for something more like a Mega.nz trove, or something on sendspace, but if this is the best here is, I guess it'll have to do.

Still while I'm at it, does anyone know of anything like that?

Thanks!

I'm about to start driving down now- What card should I make if I win?

Chumby promised Trioculus- What else should be made? Sienar and his spice?

Attached: 1521163805622.png (1000x1400, 154K)

It's essentially both.

In Legends, X-wing and T-65 are synonymous, with newer models just affixing extra letters or numbers to the end ie. T-65B, T-65D-A1, T-65XJ, etc. They're still presented as brand new models, not refits or upgrades.

Canon uses the model number (T-65, T-70, T-85) to denote the base model, with the alphanumeric suffix (the B in T-65B) designating the specific upgrade package.

So an XJ isn't "just" an upgraded T-65 any more than a T-70 is, they just use different naming schemes.

!

Attached: image.png (756x161, 34K)

Sienar is peak Veeky Forums

Krennic is pretty similar to my initial idea for Raith, but you could make it work.

The ultimate companion to Trioculus would have to be Hissa, though.

Or you could trigger everyone by making Holdo.

Safe travels!

Tallie
a
l
l
i
e

youtube.com/watch?v=E4e9nnJYJ9E
I think Rey would have been much better if Daisy had been told to just play herself. Her dumb, dumb self.

>Holdo
>Negative point cost but has an effect that hinders friendly starfighters

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh

Admiral Holdo
Large or Huge Ship only

Action: If there is an enemy ship in your firing arc at range 2-3, you may remove this ship to place two debris tokens touching the target's base and then remove it.

>I think you can't decide what's good and what's bad in a person
>goes on to say anger and jealousy are bad things
What is it like to have this cognitive dissonance?

Attached: Amell wtf.gif (577x575, 1.24M)

So how did Revan only 50 years after the last time the Sith devastated the Republic, convince like half of the Republic army it was a good idea to start calling themselves the Sith empire? Isn't that like, I don't know, half of the US army start calling themselves the Fourth Reich here to bring back the glory of the Nazi empire in the late 90s? You'd think it was still relatively fresh in everyone's mind what the Sith meant to the Republic and these were people who'd voluntarily joined to serve the Republic in war against the Mandalorians

Same reason the Jedi went from being on the front lines against Exar Kun's Sith to a dissident faction being the only ones who want to defend the Republic from the Mandalorians: BioWare didn't care about Tales of the Jedi.

Same reason everything looks like the time of the movies.

Kinda both, you get new XJs from the factory, but you *also* get old birds upgraded to the new standard

In my headcanon it was initially called Revanite Empire and then Malak went full ham and just outright called it Sith.

Even calling it an empire seems a little off, a prolonged military coup or a civil war makes more sense to me

Empire isn't exclusively used by the Sith. In fact, empress Teta helped destroy them the first time around.

I know, I mean it's weird to me that they'd declare themselves and independent empire completely separate from the republic and then try to conquer it, if the idea was to overthrow the old regime and replace it with something better it makes more sense to me that they'd be more like an active rebellion against the republic

Though I guess that wasn't the plan if you buy into the whole secret Sith Emperor said "Bing! You're hypnotized" and then they went full Sith and just wanted to conquer shit, I personally fucking hate it

I prefer Revan and Malak falling to the dark side and wanting to take over the galaxy on their own, without fucking Vitiate

Well yeah, that was always the beauty of their fall to me that they just saw too much heinous shit in the war with the jedi and the republic powerless to stop it and thought never again, and then somewhere along the line they slipped on that slope and the goalpost started moving etc etc

>just checked my tracking number with FedEx and all my Legion shit should be delivered today

The weather better be good this weekend so I can prime all this. I dug waaaaay fucking deep on this launch.

I'm picking mine up from the FLGS around 2pm. If scheduling works out I'll get a 400 point game in tonight, too, but if not I'll get to assembly (and customizing), since I want to alter the monoposes and I haven't decided on color schemes yet.

Sober no
Drunk why not

So the endor and two following videos used to be "private" and now say deleted, so I bet FFG has two more. Plus that'd round out the launch week.

Reminder that Han shot first

Now if only we had a full scan of Dawn of Rebellion.

Greedo is timefluid, sometimes he shot first

Probably, yeah.

Attached: Han shot first.jpg (346x566, 81K)

So when Han is added to Legion, do you think shooting first will be a keyword, or a Command Card he does? Like when he activates he makes a free ranged attack

He might have an ability that says you win command ties, so if both players plop down a 1-pip card, Han's side goes. That'd be a fun twist on the mechanic without wrecking the whole game.

A kind user said he'd try and get it for tomorrow. I'm hopeful.

That being said, if anyone who has the book has a spare few minutes, could they post the Crew of the Ghost, and maybe Kallus(If he's even there)? I'm curious to see wtf FFG did to them. Cheers

Greedo was just Diavolo the entire time.

Attached: king crimson.jpg (894x894, 82K)

I need that shirt ASAP

Is Wookie an easy language to master?

I remember reading a Nebula class Star Destroyer (Obi-Wan) had female Wookie captain and I'm curious as to how her subordinates can understand her, unless they too are Wookies or everyone has intrinsic knowledge of how their language functions.

Attached: Nebula-class.jpg (688x368, 66K)

The Wookiee language is called Shyriiwook. I felt like Luke and Leia could not understand Chewbacca during ANH, but gradually picked it up enough to understand him by the time ESB started. Sabine was abble to speak it, but it was hell on her throat.

The Invasion of Theed Beginner's Roleplaying Game made it simple by just giving the Wookiee PC a floating translator droid.

If nobody gets this to you now, I can do it in like 5 hours

It's not really clear how hard Shyriwook is for non-Wookiees. For what it's worth, at least one Wookiee with a speech impediment acted as a diplomatic aide because his/her speech impediment actually sounded easier to understand than regular Shyriwook talk, though I can't for the life of me remember the source. Presumably, since Wookiees are a common spacefaring species with their own interstellar colonies, the language just spread as a natural result of people dealing with so many Wookiee spacers or slaves, sort of like how every criminal and their mother knows Huttese.

It's not that hard to learn to uderstand, but quite difficult to speak as a human unless you've got a pretty deep bass voice

fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/3/22/mobilize-your-legions/

fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/3/22/imperial-might/

fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/3/22/spark-of-rebellion/

Attached: swl_hayford-endor-05.png (700x444, 300K)

Watch youtube.com/watch?v=-9vDFVNZDXw until you can understand what's being said. It won't take long.

user if you want people to kill themselves en-masse there are more efficient ways.

Appreciated mate.

Legion/Imperial Assault Painting Question
I differentiate squads by having different bases (One ST squad has dirt bases, another has grassy bases). For Snowtroopers, I wanted one squad to be a Hoth exterior and another to be inside Echo Base. To my disappointment, I've found that they would both basically just be a good layer of Valhallan Blizzard. My wife suggested the interior ones should have a metallic pale blue with trails of snowy boot tracks. I also considered rocky highlands with patches of Valhallan Blizzard and small tufts of brown grass, but none of the Hoth pieces really resemble that. Any ideas/opinions?

Attached: Snowtrooper_Vanguard_AoEB.png (1280x1021, 1.96M)

That was from the Thrawn trilogy. I remember the vine chase that soon followed.

So I'm currently homebrewing my own star wars rpg system for fun, and I noticed something. In every starwars system, Scoundrel is usually the rogue replacement. I find this odd given that the archetypal Scoundrel, Han, actively hates sneaking around and the times he does are failures played for laughs. Wouldn't make more sense to have Scoundrel class be about Risky High Damage Low Defense gun jumping? The class features should be about taking risks and jumping head long into the fray, and maybe some methods of backing down alive if it goes to shit.

I once used youtube.com/watch?v=PXC4erlcL0g to punish a player.

I had a Kaminoan !Mengele as the villain who was experimenting on captive Force Sensitives and synthesizing Force Powers, with a particular interest in the Harm Mastery If you kill a target with Harm, you can revive somebody who died during the encounter. Take 7 Conflict and Strain for the perversion of nature of forcing a spirit back into the body it left. One PC was a Soldier/Medic who stole some of the research and when a Marauder PC was killed by an AT-ST in the Battle of Hoth, the Medic dragged the body and a captive Snowtrooper Sergeant back to Echo Base and sacrificed the trooper's life to save the Marauder. In order to simulate the spiritual toll of using Sith Necromancy, I pulled up that video and told him that if he looked away or closed his eyes, the procedure would fail and the Marauder would die permanently. He watched it with his middle finger held at me the entire time.

Attached: Hissa.png (699x900, 654K)

There's so much utterly goofy shit in Star Wars that /swg/ loves: The Holiday Special, Jedi Prince, the cool trick of spinning, etc. With that in mind, why does TLJ induce so much rage? It had good parts and bad parts. I'm not saying it was a good movie, but shouldn't we be able to enjoy it as more goofy shit in our beloved franchise?

Attached: 1513476256029.jpg (626x1280, 111K)

We fundamentally disagree with it.

There is something about the goofy shit being in "lesser" media that makes it easy to laugh off. It being in a movie means all star wars things going forward will have it in the back of the mind.

Imperial Army when?

Attached: 1519066273401.jpg (1024x719, 255K)

Attack of the Clones and Phantom Menace were awful, but we mostly laugh at those.

Attached: Mister Roger Roger.jpg (960x852, 103K)

Because the setting and (most) characters wasn't. The Clone Wars had great ships, planets, aliens and showed the slow rise of the galactic empire and fall of the corrupt republic

/swg/'s favorite kinds of silliness have a lighthearted charm and optimism that TLJ doesn't. I don't have the words to adequately explain it, but shit like Jedi Prince, the Holiday Special, Raith Sienar, etc. felt harmless and self-contained. The silliness was played up for laughs and cheese, rather than being taken seriously, and none of it massively changed the galaxy or the big names of the films. When all was said and done, Luke and his friends were the same old plucky crew they'd always been, riding off into the sunset to prepare for the next adventure. Our heroes were heroes, then, rather than has-beens, failures, and corpses.

Attached: tiresome.png (1022x731, 643K)

Rian Johnson had the bold creative idea of making a movie that criticizes the people for coming to watch it. While I admire that creative intent and deconstructive thinking, that and missteps make it both a purposeful and unintentional miserable experience to watch. It has a sort of sour taste to it so to speak.

Were SD series droids superior to Darktroopers?

Good question.
I feel like the dark troopers would be more mobile but less durable, but I'm not sure if one would be outright better

I drew up a couple WEG style Elevations of the KST-100 "Kestrel" from the Kanan comic. It recently got stats in dawn of rebellion and I want to use it in a campaign I'm starting as a ship for my PCs. These ones are currently a work in progress, I'll add more greeblies and annotate it in the WEG style and probably do some floor plans.

Does anyone have any other ships they'd like to see done up this way?

Attached: KST-100 KESTREL.pdf (PDF, 34K)

Because there is a fine line between so bad its good and just plain bad.

First off thank you for doing the lord's work.

Second: I would love some plans for the AT-ACT or ITT.