Has your character bout any thought into what they'll do once the adventure is over, once the war is won...

Has your character bout any thought into what they'll do once the adventure is over, once the war is won, or once the forces you worked for decide they no longer need their services?

Will they just go home, if home still exists? Find a trade and settle down? Float around listlessly in a world that just wishes it could forget them?

Attached: f2cc7e22ed6ac9a-a-nw-p.jpg (848x1200, 157K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/8lPzsF11rJc?t=184
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

That depends on whether or not he can find a way to reverse the polymorph spell.

As the old addage goes, so long as there are at least two people in the world someone is going to want someone else dead.

The whole adventure is about ruling and protecting a small duchy from our numerous, powerful enemies.
By definition, as long as our duchy exists, our adventure isn't over.

Wander around aimlessly, offering their services while hoping in vain that the perfect woman will come along and marry them. Not that the perfect woman would offer them a choice in the matter, of course.

Attached: 1521104799777.png (816x576, 338K)

Two chick's at the same time

>only two
youtu.be/8lPzsF11rJc?t=184

Well fucked that up. Skip to 3:04-3:05

Depends really, there will always be diplomatic work to do for his family, always some place he can bring a little light to, but most of all the only thing he wants is to settle down with the nymph who saved him in the woods and sparked a love of thold heros. Most likely he'll only be able to visit at best because in a way he loves traveling and bringing a little light to the darkness.

Evil never sleeps, so neither must justice.

Attached: Bty_final_sml.jpg (900x1591, 1.48M)

Well, he fought in order to make loads of money and power.
His adventures made him rich and ended up marring an impoverished noble, and at the end of the campaign he was offered a small fiefdom in the newly conquered areas.

Settle down... to rule.

I guess still eating human, being followed by paladin, killing said paladin, dark mage number 2 will see how much I can withstand and recruit me in his way to destroy said religion of the paladin's that tried to kill me.
Well . . . .Being a ghoul in a "mugray" morality ain't that easy

Don't know...may decide to be a chef.

Attached: f83bf852721316b-a-nw-p.jpg (700x1184, 101K)

Current character is an explorer who lives in a bunker society and delves into the surface world as a sort of archaeologist. Long as there are places to go and things to record, She’ll most likely continue to explore the surface. After that maybe settle down as a professor or political council for matters pertaining to the surface dwellers. Character was born to a well off family so plenty of options.

>Has your character bout any thought into what they'll do once the adventure is over, once the war is won, or once the forces you worked for decide they no longer need their services?

Go on another adventure.

Attached: ProperCharacterMotivation.png (906x1280, 210K)

He will fucking finally die.

I'm a DM, but my players will probably do something like this:
>The Fighter will go back and rule his city, Established in his noble background.
>The Paladin will continue working for her order, possibly going into administration for her order.
>The bard will fuck around and possibly still go adventuring, or die trying
>The monk will search out his old Firbolg Clan, building new vaults to guard the sacred texts

Attached: 1503105189088.png (986x640, 664K)

There's a saying that you either die hero or live long enough to become villain.
And we're pretty much half-way there already. Or more like three-quarters-way there.

Toppling tyranny might seem a noble goal until you realize fellow freedom-fighters are scum in their own right. The country would do no good with them at the wheel. What the country needs is really just a better tyrant and I might know just the guys for the job.

keep on killing until either they stop coming or he stops moving

the world can always use some muscle for whatever purpose

My character is the wise-cracking, genre savvy, pragmatist, who gets brutally murdered during the final battle to prove how dangerous the situation really is... So yeah, I'm fine.

Build a comfy mage tower and library and study things for the rest of eternity in a quiet corner of the world she finds most appealing.

She's currently out looking for lucrative deals for her family, with the ultimate goal of usurping her father and installing her brother as head of the family, while serving as his protector and personal assassin.

So yeah, she's got her future pretty well planned. To her, this whole adventuring this is just a distraction and the sooner it ends the better.

Considering he only has 1/3rd of his soul left and is pumping everything he can to defeat the BBEG to the point of creating a dead end for himself, all he has left after that would be death.

If things progressed differently, he could've gone home afterwards and settled down, raising his daughter.

why is violet such a shit character?

She has very little in the way of emotion and empathy until a bit later in the series, and even then it's largely subdued, but that's rather the point of her character.

I've quite enjoyed the feels trip of that show.

It's deliberately subtle. It's actually quite well-written, but anime usually has very over-the-top characterizations, meaning subtle can come off as flat. Watch the whole show, you'll see she actually does grow and change and express a wide range of emotions.

>one game
Go back to being a priestess. She thinks. She's inevitably going to be too fucked up by all this shit to actually go back to such a sedentary lifestyle.

>other game
Rule the duchy, of course.

If you wipe out all the enemy duchies it will.

Why wipe out what you can conquer?

Attached: 1520625665554.jpg (223x224, 23K)

A small dutchy cannot hope to occupy that much land, and trying to annex it would lead to revolt.

He shall die in battle

>so long as there are at least two people in the world someone is going to get fucked
FTFY

>space exploration mecha campaign
>character is an alien nun with a PhD in chemistry

Hard to answer, because it's relatively early in the campaign, and there's no way to tell how this whole thing will end up. She's sort of out there trying to look for answers about where she came from, along with helping efforts to lay the groundwork for interplanetary colonization.

If she made contact with her species, maybe she would stay with them and try to learn their language and ways, but she also has a ton of loyalty to the Church, so it's just as equally possible that she would just go back to her "home" planet with them and do science stuff for the rest of her days.

Any map can be re-painted in your duchal or royal colors in sufficiently small steps.

Attached: 1388548328464.jpg (300x392, 39K)

It's a general rule that all my characters are not using the adventure as their main motivation.

While there is a certain charm to characters like , you have to put in a lot of extra effort to flesh out the backstory for those types of characters. Otherwise,

>The knight wants to go home.
>The theif wants to retire legit.
>The Sorcerer wishes to rule.
>The Druid will protect his grove.
>The Cleric will return as matron at the orphanage.

are all both motivations, backstories, and retirement plans for the characters. It means something if they succeed, and it means something if they fail.

Start some kind of foster program for disadvantaged young men, give them an education, teach them to hunt, fight etc and round it all off with some good core values to carry with them through their lives.

It's another way of improving society. Rather than punishing lawbreakers as he has done for most of his life, now he's going to take a crack at building/guiding some good folk so that they can fight the good fight in his stead.

Would jump at the chance to marry and start a family, but it'll either happen or it won't.

In any case, retirement is a looong way off.

Set a monopoly on crafts and/or blacksmith, become filthy rich, use that money to make the world a better place and be overall a philantropist. Either that or buy a big zeppelin and refurbish it so it can be a flying market (forge included, of course) and go around the world selling shit.

My character wants to assemble a bunch of dead gods into a new pantheon for Kobold kind, kill Kurtulmak, and set his people onto a brighter, better future.

He'd probably end up becoming a demigod himself, start a new kingdom of kobolds and try to create a coherent culture to go along with the pantheon, or just disappear.

If a small duchy gets uppity, you might see your viable targets for expansion form a coalition, or a bigger fish crush a problem before it gets too big.

Go back to his home island, take over his swordmaster's dojo, scare off pirates from his island based on reputation alone, and never meet any of the rest of the party again. Being stuck on a ship with idiots and assholes who never learn from mistakes and constantly attract ridiculous foes like they're Harry Potter attracting Voldemort has really only made my character's cynicism about the outside world grow more entrenched.

Retire back home, most likely. Hang the armor up in the parlor, gun over the mantle, and maybe take up gardening or something else mundane.

My wizard plans to finally get the Nereid he's been hitting on to settle down with him, and then set up young adventurers on quests to create constant story and conflict for his wife to enjoy watching/hearing stories of.

When his job is done, my fighter takes a day or two to say goodbye to everyone, and then he kills himself in a ritualistic fashion. When the world needs him again, his goddess resurrects him. He's only human, so he's trying to extend his usefulness as much as he can. This comes with a caveat, however; if he dies in any way other than ritualistic suicide, she can no longer bring him back. Gods can only interfere with the mortal realm so much.

I'm reminded how much I miss my last chef character. Thanks user

Probably continue adventuring, but on a smaller scale with lower stakes since the Big Bad is gone

That's fucking great, i hadn't seen that one before. It really smacks of the gnoll I'm playing a a buddys game. Raised by a human she's gotten used to how they do stuff so shes broken out of the "always chaotic evil" box. In her travles always loved trying new kinds of food. Went to the big city and after much adue managed to get a table at a 5 star restaurant. Landed an apprenticeship there after really impressing the head chef. Went on to be one of the best chefs in the city, before everyone had to evacuate because of asshole neighbos coming to wreck their shit. Now in another land she has a ranch and restaurant like she always wanted. She's semi retired ATM, what with rasing a litter of pups, running the inn and cooking piles and piles of the best food you've ever tasted. She's always on the lookout for interesting things to cook so she still hunts animals and monsters near her home but she wont get out much till the kids are weaned.