Wearing a helmet

>wearing a helmet

Don't be a dork. If you wear a helmet, they're going to ask why everyone else isn't wearing a helmet.

Attached: 1459254276042.jpg (329x244, 28K)

Well why ISN'T everyone else wearing a helmet?

fuck you i'm not eating an arrow in the brain pan so you lot can feel fashionable and matching

Helmets are situational. If your line of work or task requires a helmet, you'll blend in. If you're in a roving band of murderhobos who kill things for money people won't bat an eye if you're decked out in protective gear.

Attached: 1496630579533s.jpg (216x233, 6K)

Aesthetics.

Attached: lodoss.jpg (1920x1080, 364K)

>it is heroic to fight without wearing a helmet
>it is both Lawful and Good

Attached: fedora facts.gif (331x248, 2.15M)

Why does this artist keep posting his ocs on tg and baiting people into his thread with shit post topics

>not recognizing Veeky Forums's mascot
Are you that guy who's always upset whenever he sees our banner?

Who the fuck decided this is our mascot? I never agreed to that.

Veeky Forums never decides on anything. So don't take anything so seriously, you grump.

You know, it's interesting how the rules for helmets work in Agone, as generally armour is fairly unimpressive (I have some houserules that I use to fix this, but I'm still tinkering with them). In either case though, helmets are always extremely useful. As an armour piece they don't do much, they give you a slight reduction increase and sometimes an armour penalty increase, but they have a lot of implicit benefits, like turning critical wounds that would have otherwise killed you into much safer wounds (the difference between loosing an eye, or a several month long coma, or losing your jaw; and a two month long disorientation, or being unconscious for a half hour, or an impromptu tongue piercing respectively). Also there are several instant death Artful Thrusts that just don't work if you wear a helmet.

This forced meme bitch isn't Veeky Forums's mascot.

First time hearing about Agone. Is it any good?

>TTRPGs are like anime
No. Fuck off if you don't play traditional games.

Anyone who says "Veeky Forums thinks X" or describes themselves as "we/us" meaning Veeky Forums is always bullshitting and trying to legitimize their bad opinion.

>he didn't get the memo that Veeky Forums is a normie activity now
>he didn't get the memo that realism is boring and Critical Role doesn't bother with it
>he didn't get the memo that he's no longer relevant to the new rpg scene

>Why does this artist keep posting his ocs on tg and baiting people into his thread with shit post topics

That's his thing. It's "cute".

Record of Lodoss War has had an RPG probably longer than you've been alive.

Attached: P1207020040.jpg (640x480, 153K)

I think so, the rules for combat, as written, are really clunky (you're supposed to roll initiative for the weapon you're using, then declare action in initiative order, applying initiative modifiers as required, allowing people to change their actions afterwards for a reduced initiative, and then once that is done you resolve all actions in the new initiative order, starting over again next turn) I usually just have everyone declare maneuvers before rolling initiative and skip the declare step to streamline things. Other than some awkward combat mechanics though, it's a really refreshing fantasy world that's not nearly as derivative if tolkien as many more mainstream rpg's. The main problem is that it's a French RPG and most of the books were never translated before the publisher went under, and a second edition has been in copyright hell for years.
Someone has a trove with their translations uploaded in the pdf share thread, it also has all the original English books in pdf. I think there's a link in the annex.

Wow, you seem super pissed.

Not really. Once you browse Veeky Forums regularly, you start to notice that there are almost always two threads up with ribbonfag waifus as the OP image, and most of them seem like they were written by the same person.

It's not a bad thing. It's just a thing that happens on Veeky Forums.

I'm the OP of this thread, so I'm left shaking my head at your "ribbon conspiracy".

Sounds like it's dated as all hell, but I'm curious about games published pre-D&D 3.0, so I'll definitely be taking a look.

The games English edition was released at the peak of the D20 craze for 3.0. That, combined with really bad marketing, were probably the main two factors that lead to the translations being discontinued.
Interestingly several of the original authors are still producing 3rd party content for the game through an e-zine called Souffre Jour, so it still has a reasonable following.

>Going into combat with your head exposed.
Might as well wear midriff-baring armor while you're at it.

Attached: functional.jpg (625x267, 37K)

You know who doesn't use helemts? Retards. You know what you aren't if your wisdom and intelligence are both above 5? Retarded. So put your fucking helmet on and roleplay you dumb cunt.

Attached: ZTpduWfK8Yo.jpg (719x963, 120K)

I mostly run/play Reign, everyone wears a helmet if they can. Mooks walking down the street probablky wear a helmet just in case.