>5e Trove
rpg.rem.uz/Dungeons & Dragons/D&D 5th Edition/

>5etools
5etools.com
Stable releases - get.5e.tools/

>Resources
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>Previously on /5eg/:
Who does your character worship? Is genuine faith or habit?

Attached: Mielikki_p49-1-.jpg (400x544, 82K)

My character doesn't give two shits about the gods because they don't give two shots about him (urchin background made him salty and edgy like that)

>Who does your character worship? Is genuine faith or habit?

Vallha. Societal since she's technically the only god the people of the world really know of.

Can anyone give me what they consider a good dungeon crawl, or descriptions of dungeons you've enjoyed in the past? What aspects should be addressed? I want them to feel like there's multiple ways to advance through it and i wasn't to incentive exploration and risk taking

Does spell immunity (such as the Rakshasas) apply to indirect things?
If a polymorphed character, an animated object, an animated undead, or tiny servant, etc, attacks a Rakshasa would it still take damage for example?

Can you be a Cleric or Paladin that just worships out of habit?

What the fuck get off your drugs

I don't see why not. You might be able to justify it if it's an elemental being of some sort but even then that's shaky ground

They don't have an antimagic field around them, user, christ.

Paladins can have any relationships to faith that they want. And yeah I suppose that a cleric could be something of a begrudging vessel for a god if the god so chose.

>No UA.

Where were you when WotC just gave up on DnD after Pathfinder 2e got announced?

>implying bloatfinder had anything to do with it
UAs have been regressing in quality ever since the very first one.

>be me roll 20 fag
>look for game
>find egyptian game done by archeology student
>says that you don't have to know shit about egyptians
>finally something not trash
>must put up a 1000 words background
>mfw.exe
>do it anyway
>wait a week, nothing happens
>ask whatsupp
>some member says that the DM is on exams
>ok, I can wait a bit
>another fag comes, says he loves egyptians
>makes a vhuman fighter
>its accepted right away
>REEEEEEEE
How do I find good games?

That depends, was the spell cast by a Sorcerer? If so, the Rakshasa is immune because the targets of things effected by your spell are targets of the spell you cast unless you're a Wizard.
I'm still fucking mad about Dragon's Breath.

Hm, I see
Oh damn I completely forgot about AMFs!
I'll use that instead, thanks.

What was the backstory?

My character is a god and he worships a nameless level 0 commoner.

>the targets of things effected by your spell are targets of the spell you cast unless you're a Wizard.
What? Since when?

>How do I find good games?
No idea but if you find one tell me.

That's called stalking Zeus

The 3 subclasses one a couple months ago was pretty good.

What do I do if I want a racial feat from XGE but the DM says PHB only?

Attached: 1692_2_1253616299.jpg (481x299, 16K)

Brute kicks the shit out of champ in DPR.

Find a new group and let your DM know he's shit. Any time your DM is more restrictive than WotC itself you know you're fucked.

You've got three options!

>Kill yourself
>Kill your GM
>Don't use the feat

I also like the eladrin from the gith one

And is the most boring supplement to fighters ever
You just do more damage, do bigger crits, and do damage when you miss

Attached: BAIIIT.png (949x1425, 1.59M)

You ask pretty please for an exception because this feat is reflective of your character and their playstyle/attitude/backstory/etc. If he says no, just deal with it I guess. What kind of DM plays PHB only though unless they're super new? The only stuff my DM bans are specific things like Aaracockra and Lucky.

Attached: 1508899916134.jpg (448x500, 37K)

WotC is super restrictive though if you're playing a martial.

WotC is PHB+1. Any DM that says PHB only is either running their very first 5 sessions in the system and doesn't understand how unified the mechanics are or is a big mean dummy.

>War orphan that is adopted by monks
>travels with them to find their temple
>A YUGE ASS DUNE
>travel in the desert for 15 years
>learns to use the power of the cosmos (the saiyan monk subclass)
>YUGE sandstorm approaches
>turns into a tornado and forms the temple
>live there for some time
>learn the world is goin to end
>we are 15 years far of civilization
>monks make the temple into a sandstorm again
>make it to the kingdom the game is
>vhuman fighter wins the spot

Since never, he's just upset that Sage Advice claimed you can't use Twinned Spell on the Dragon's Breath spell because it falls under "capable of effecting more than one creature."
Which doesn't make sense but oh well.

Did the Fighter have a backstory?

It could be PHB+20 and martials would STILL not have shit to do compared to casters.

Oh well, maybe someday we'll get a 15e that fixes that.

Yes, but that's not terribly relevant to the question of the user whose DM won't let him get a racial feat.

Or it's the player's first time and they want to keep it simple at first so they aren't overwhelmed

I'm kind of interested in the idea of designing a campaign around one central dungeon, which the party would visit multiple times to delve deeper and deeper into while exploring the surrounding world. Some weird shit would happen as they get deeper and deeper in the dungeon, ideally, and possibly change the nature of the world above somehow.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Why are people so salty about this thing existing? It DOES live up to it's name.

it's just annoying when they throw fighters a bone after they're done jerking off casters and it turns out to be shit they came up with in 10 seconds
they can make cool archetypes like the samurai and cavalier, there's no excuse for the absolute minimum effort turd like the Brute

He worships the great sheep spirits in the sky

You make it appear to be a normal dungeon, but then you keep enticing them to go deeper and deeper. Also, how would going back to town work? Teleport points? Inner dungeon towns?

Casters get a ton of cool and unique classes that do new things.

Fighters get a class that does nothing new but does it slightly better than the fighters we already have, essentially rendering them obsolete.

Thanks Mearls.

Attached: Mearlsstare.png (696x632, 294K)

It's almost like the UAs aren't fully realized yet and may need some refinement.

Where's the new MHFH?

Artifacts they find inactive in the dungeon are activated and affect the world in dangerous ways. Maybe one opens a portal to the elemental plane of water and starts flooding everything, they find a big red granite statue of a dragon and once they expose it to the sun it comes to life as a real red dragon, and stuff like that.

So the Zelda game phantom hourglass did that and nobody liked it. I think it's a flawed idea and really wouldn't recommend it. It's very hard to make it not feel like constant backtracking and artificial lengthening

I was thinking shortcuts of some sort that can be opened, or possibly just learning secrets about the dungeon as they progress through that make it easier to get back. Teleport points a la Etrian Odyssey might be an easier way to do it, though, but I'm not as satisfied with that.

wat?

Which is why the criticism of the Brute is valid. People don't want a Fighter archetype that has even less options, no matter how much damage it deals. It doesn't matter how refined the numbers get, the core concept is flawed. People being vocal about hating it is half the reason UA exists.

I actually had Phantom Hourglass in mind, but... there's a pretty good chance that me liking that game was more down to playing it as a kid with low standards than it actually being any good.

Restriction is fine for martials anyhow though. No other class besides Fighter can solo any encounter thrown at them from 2nd level up (provided CR is right)

Mearls Happy Fun Hour, I guess. He's been trying to make a warlord that's properly based on fighter the last few.

>pc is son of the elite class
>raised to be a warlord
>family doesn't like the kingdom
>friendshipwithmudasirkingdomended.gif
>become mercenaries
>help a exile princess
>princess gets on th throne
>some demon was the counselor or some shit
>pc and his bother discover the plot of the demon
>usual demon bullshit
>demon ambushes the pc and his brother
>the pc wounds the vizier and defeats several of his minions
>pc brother dies
>pc leaves for revenge

Am I being a dick?, I just feel the guy made a pretty standard PC

My character is a cleric of Kord, and got to actually meet him in one of those "the walls between realities are thin here" spots.

So yeah, I'd say he's a pretty strong believer.

There's flawed ideas that need refinement (which is what the casters got) and then there's zero-effort "we tried so shut up already" asspulls (which is what fighters got). You can tell just by looking at it that the designers didn't give even half the shit they gave about giving casters cool new things.

Huh? Fighters have the least AoE tools, user.

>playing it as a kid
Get the fuck out you underage f-
>2007 was 11 years ago
Make it stop.

That's why they have the surveys

Gonna be playing a few short sessions in a 2-person party. What's class(es) synergizes with Paladin the best?

And that means we can't talk about it when it comes up?

>playing through tamoachan
>get to the monk room
>wake the monks up
>stunned for four turns straight before I even get an action
Who the fuck thought this was okay

What are paladins? Even without multi-classing, they're stronger than Fighters...

Attached: Maximum Paladin.jpg (720x747, 46K)

Anything at all.

>What are paladins?
Not martials.

You inserted world level events in the background of your character and wonder why the GM may think it doesn't fits his story?

What kind of person do you want your Paladin to be?

My friend is playing a Vengeance Paladin. I'm trying to figure out what would go well with that.

Not Fighters, stop moving the goalposts.

It's an ancient civilization. Your group starts as a bunch of archaeologists/adventurers/mercs who want to explore this ancient civilization. Each time they finish a floor of the "dungeon" they end up unearthing a teleportation circle in a new region of the outside world, from which they must explore that region to solve the riddle that blocks the entrance to the next floor of the dungeon.

The most importing thing to do is to not make excessive backtracking. You give them shortcuts back to the last point they were in if they reach a checkpoint, and if you wanna go the extra mile, demonstrate how people or regions or other groups have are now inhabiting exploring the areas they've cleared, and pull the rug under their feet once by having them go up to find the answer to reach the next floor, solve it, and arrive to open the new door only to find someone else has opened before them, having figured out the key beforehand and adding urgency that someone MIGHT be taking their possible loot/treasure

made in abyss : DnD muderhobo boogaloo edition

Attached: xmade_in_abyss_map-90aad.jpg,q1510649168.pagespeed.ic.NxHSGle0pX.jpg (720x1028, 250K)

no u

Attached: ichigo.webm (720x720, 108K)

nigga the Vhuman created several kingdoms, put up a princess in one, defeated a demon and several of his minions, probably is going to get pricess poon and I'm the one getting shit?
We are suppose to be level 1 niggas, not level 15

The issue is he wants his players to resurface from time to time, so that defeats the entire point of the abyss.

[Besides, I'm stealing that idea by creating a mountain in my campaign in which you can ascend all you want, but if you try and go down, you suffer curse affects]

Brute was supposed to be a better Champion, it does its job pretty well

Ah shit, I don't have any comeback for that. You've wowed and amazing me with your epic internet debate skills. I surrender and suck dicks.

Attached: depress sanic.jpg (378x408, 33K)

Except the problem with champ is that it has no options beyond "I attack." Brute gives no new choices in or out of combat.

instead of making them go back each time some way to force them to go deeper and deeper to unvail the mystery. Here's some ideas :
->the dungeon is cursed, when you try to go back to the surface you are affected by the curse. The deeper you go, the worse the curse is (check out made in abyss manga for inspiration, see )
->they have no times to go back home, because the world is doomed by evil/something. Think about how in LoTR at no point the characters try to come back home, simply because their quest push them forward, and they have a time limit

ah, that is indeed a problem. then teleporters i guess, but that suck

>problem with champ is that it has no options beyond "I attack."
Champion is the easy and simple subclass for the Fighter, it should not have resources or complicated mechanics, but it also shouldn't be shit like it is right now

If the point of the Champion is to do literally nothing other than stand still and attack, then I agree it's a much better Champion. If the point is to be a fun and interesting archetype that lets you be creative, it fails on every level.

Dumbass DM here. Starting my first IRL game with people who've literally never played before. Regular folk who've never played this and don't know what they're getting into.

I wanna help them build characters but still give them the freedom that DND's great for. What's the best tool to help someone build a character without them reading through the PHB?

Is it just me or do war clerics kinda suck?

why the warlock suck so much ?
i'm newbie to DnD (not to DMing though), and so are my players. And one of them chose to be a warlock. It does sound good and cool, but as he leveled up it became increasingly evident that this class was finished with the ass.
it feels like the warlock was supposed to be a hybrid caster/other class, like paladin/ranger/bard, but instead it's just a magician with too few spell slot, without the ability to pick spells from a list, with some boons that are cantrip trash tier

Have the campaign centre around a geographically central, huge human city that was abandoned centuries before due to some unknown horrible event. The players start at the top level in the abandoned city and work their way down deep into the catacombs below the ruin. Over time as they clear more levels humans start to move into the top level, with a small population of permanent settlers in the top city.
As for backtrackking, just have loads of one-way barricades, doors and portcullises that open up to form looping paths from one floor to the one above it

Champs are the fourth worst archetype in the game only better than assassin, purple dragon knight and Beastmaster, in that order.

Of fucking course it’s better. Samurai has better dpr than Champion and he has a 3/long rest feature.

Yeah that's some pretty dumb "I'm the main character" backstory bullshit.

You don't need resources or complex mechanics, you really just need to change the level 7 to a non-ribbon that gives good always-on non-combat utility.

na, they have great versability in 5e. One of my players turned himself into a tank/damage dealer by chosing a war god patron. Plenty of builds possible

So...exactly like champions?

>without them reading through the PHB?
Please don't. The required reading in the PHB for players is literally 36 pages plus 5-10 pages once they pick a class. It's not that hard.

The best tool is you.
Ask them what they wanna play and then explore from there.

Explain to them what each class does and how it's good and bad. Be willing to bend the rules or tweek minor things so they CAN have fun. Don't let them fuck up their stats because they don't understand the game. Nothing makes a new player more unhappy than not being able to do the thing they're supposed to or having someone whose not supposed to do the thing they do, do it better cause they got lucky.

Yes, exactly. It does what champion already did fine better without fixing what people didn't like about it.

But the only thing you get over other clerics is heavy armor, +10 to hit when you use your channel divinity, and up to 5 bonus action attacks while still needing str to actually deal damage with them.
On a d8 class. It seems like you’re MAD while having way worse options than other cleric archetypes get. You don’t get extra attack not even at 6 you’re just stuck with 3-5 BAs that are usually better spent using healing words.

>It does what champion already did fine
The Champ had shit damage compared to any other Fighter subclass, and you don't even have control of your ability to make it worse

I'm a guy. Is playing a girl gay?

how do you fix fighter

No, but your friend might think so

You've said this twice now but haven't posted any sort of evidence supporting your claim. Yes, it has worse nova than battlemaster, but its sustained DPR is perfectly competitive.

still more BA than a warrior, and you can still spam cantrips. And +10 is pretty neat. You just have to minmaw strenght and charisma. As for hitdie, 1d8 is not that bad, especially if you are wearing a big armor and a big shield (and can heal yourself)
note that though we are still low level (3-4), so maybe at higher levels it actually suck