Help improving this map

Im trying to figure out what kind of room to have where that red arrow is pointing, its supposed to be the climactic final encounter and I wanted something more than just an empty room.

But I figured since I'm already here might as well ask if you guys think other areas could be improved.

Attached: Damap2.png (800x576, 144K)

Lavatory.

Im not a new GM but i am new at using maps, I'm not sure how to make terrain interesting, so i only know about
- Cover
- Cracks
- Snow/slippery terrain
- Verticality

2nd Draft

forgot the picture

Attached: Damap3.png (800x576, 141K)

>implying i dont

Attached: Lav.png (800x576, 161K)

3rd? now its pointless verticality isn't it?

Attached: Damap4.png (800x576, 142K)

MORE CRACK!

Attached: Damap5.png (800x576, 153K)

Some kind of altar/church or something?

Yes indeed this is a Church/Monastery, Ive got like 3 altars strewn about

What will the players fight in the final encounter?

A Demon.

church is under attack by evil cult that wants raise this demon dude, players bust in to interrupt the party, sling some words, evil cult leader is like "fuck it, ill kill myself to complete the ritual" and then the demon is summoned in that room in front of the players.

What this demon does? dunno yet. probably fly to make the verticality interesting.

keep it an empty room, but that part of the structure hangs over a pit or precipice. and its possible to be thrown off.

Is this your submission for OPDC 2018?

neat idea, i like this
whats that?

every year theres an online contest. The One Page Dungeon Contest. the 10th year of it just started. The point is to submit an entire planned dungeon that fits on one piece of paper, both maps and notes about it.

cute dungeon, OP!
Tell more about it, how are we supposed to talk about the room you want to build if we don't know anything about the other rooms and the purpose of that dungeon.

Ah, you do make a good point, I figured it would detract people from it by putting too much info, i dont get a lot of bites on here when i do.

Lemme get that for ya

To preface this, this is a one shot game I'm running for fun, based off a previous adventure i ran, re skinned. The players are aware of this and were all just using this session to test out a new system. So I've decided to ease up on storytelling dramatically. with that said.

The dungeon is a Monastery of some religious order, name yet to be cared about.
They came under attack from cultists who want to resurrect a Demon that was killed here 30 years ago cause he promised his followers eternal life.
the cult consists of random mooks with demonic appearances, a troll they captured and turned all evil (might change this) and the cult leader who can bring the demon back.

And thats about it for the setup. I'm gonna drop the players at the doorstep and say "This religious group you've worked with in the past to fight the cult is under attack for the cults final siege" or something, we all know why were here really.

MY GOAL with this dungeon is actually to try and turn combat into something more interesting than just a slog fest where nobody moves and its just trading blows, i want to add things to each encounter that make things change, even if its just little variables by making a bridge funnel so the players can't surround the enemy and visa versa.

Additionally, I've never made a dungeon like this, they've always been linear and on the same plane, I'm trying something new by allowing multiple paths and heights.

I would genuinely love ANY help you guys can offer, I try to teach myself things to be a good GM but its a slow process.

Ive numbered the map to make my next post easier

Attached: Guide.png (800x576, 146K)

Thanks for mentioning ODPC, such good ideas!

Attached: Redrobes-–-Three-Witches-and-a-Hermit.jpg (3375x4612, 4.73M)

This is a rough idea of the dungeon

1. Path
- The front door is sealed by these black and red vines, 15 strength or 13 intelligence will open the door or reveal the vines are weak to cold.
- If either of those fail they will be able to climb onto the nearby altar and enter through the roof. they all work equally well.

2. Entrance
- They enter to see a couple dead parading/clerics, one is alive and fills them in on the situation, if they heal him before he dies hell warn them about the troll.
- The door leading to room 7 will be barred by the same vines but much stronger checks to pass.

3. Collapse
- Party comes across a room which was heavily damaged causing the floor to become unstable
- this is the scene of the first fight where the players fight a couple cultists, and the troll.
- the door leading to room 7 on the lower floor is sealed, but unlike the others, the players witness the cultist almost finish sealing the door completely before the party interrupts. They can go this way if they want.
(I was considering having the floor collapse in front of them, not sure yet)

4. Barracks
- This room mostly exists for the enemies encountered in room 3 to stand on safely.
- theres also 2 traps placed in this room

5. Smithy
- the players will spot someone in the room and probably try to get in
- inside is a paladin who when shit hit the fan, fled, hes been hiding in here
- he will reveal some useful items he found in the smithy if they dont antagonize him
- if they persuade him to fight for honor he will join as an NPC with some useful healing

6. Relic Room
- This room contains 2 magic items they can use to get an advantage against the enemies
- the sword used to kill the demon 30 years ago will be missing
- there will be something scrawled into the base of a statue that if they solve the puzzle reveals room 6A with more magic crap.

cont.

7. Mess Hall
- Depending on how the players enter here may change what happens exactly
-theres an upper balcony they can use to ambush the enemy from above
- an easy to jump gap in the ground but makes it so melee people can't just run up to the enemy
- And the evil cult leader is trying to drag a priest into room 8 to sacrifice him
- Party fights the cultists until the leader realizes he wont win this and runs into room 8
(considering putting 1 trap on the balcony)

8. Temple? Final Room? idk
- When he gets in there he declares all the demon needs is one more life, and he impales himself with a magic stick.
- Party notices 4 other people impaled on magic sticks but with those evil vines holding em in place
- Evil demon dude shows up and they duke it out
- party can make a few rolls to realize hes feeding off the people on the magic sticks and by removing them it weakens the demon.

And thats about it, its relatively simple compared to everything else i do. just supposed to be enough to last 4-5 hours.

Ill be back later, but heres a map thread