How long would your current party last in the Abyss?

How long would your current party last in the Abyss?

Attached: D8AB794F-AF80-4D48-A1E1-C05F5EDF2DF0.jpg (1200x723, 198K)

Why would anyone go into the abyss?

My current party is crusading through the abyss with a considerable degree of success for about a month now

Attached: IMG_2149.jpg (400x633, 119K)

Darn, I wish that show was on crunchyroll or something.

They're reality-altering Mages. The question is not how long they would last, the question is how long the Abyss would last.

And the answer is "until a few minutes after it slightly pissed off any of them."

The cute lolis and shotas?

To find cool treasure and artifacts?

Veeky Forums encapsulated in two posts.

isn't the abyss a reality warping dungeon? Your party sounds like the kind that die in the first episode, deep inside the abyss, to show the audience how dangerous it is. Mainly because of how confident you sound.

I doubt they'd go deep into the Abyss right away - they are mostly explorers and scientists, not tomb raiders. I'm GMing the group as a kind of cross-over between Ghostbusters and Call of Cthulhu, only this time the "ghost busters" are capable enough to send Cthulhu to sleep for another few aeons as soon as they gathered enough information to verify that this is what they actually need to do. So they are curious, but wary, and capable of casually erasing the solar system from history, but self-restrained.

Probably pretty good until they got to the lower layers. I think that once they start fighting monsters that can see the future mid-combat, they will start having trouble.

If they are very unlucky, they wont try to go back up until they are already too deep and find that ascending is lethal. That's a nasty surprise to get, and based on the logic we see elsewhere in the Abyss regarding magic artifacts they can't even teleport out.

They are magical girls in the Madoka-vein of things. Mine is all set up to adapt to freaky places like that (and shrug those adaptations off), so my character probably starts getting fuzzy really early on, but doesn't have issues getting back up. Once the others start using her as guidance, they'll be able to make it back up as well, though until then it'd be a major issue.
We otherwise are set up to go invade magical death realms though. At least one of us will probably straight up die to leaf bugs or the like, I'm sure.

What's at the bottom of the abyss?

Apparently these 9 year olds do just fine so I don't see how is that even a good adventure

Why, yes, they'll be fine. Maybe they should also consider visiting uncle Bondrewd.

Attached: 1517718348793.png (398x347, 129K)

No, Reg is doing fine. Reg who is immune to the curse of the Abyss, is nigh-invulnerable, has a fuckoff huge annihilating laser weapon, and sweet mobility powers. Reg has already done a trip through the Abyss before, its no surprise that he can do it again. With his extendo arms, he can just speedrun his way past most obstacles and problems and incinerate the rest.

Riko, however, is basically just along for the ride. Her knowledge of the Abyss lore is useful, but mostly just for keeping herself alive. Without Reg to carry her through the journey Riko would be dead on Layer 2, at best.

Yeah, they're doing just "fine".

His combat style is like an FF Dragoon, so about three minutes.

And if not for Nanachi she would've had her arm snapped off by Reg and died a painful death from gangrene

>Fine
Ahahaha I have a bet that Riko is going to be donating organs next chapter.

My dick

The swordsman would probably have died to a monster. So would the cleric, his mother. The wizard would last longer, but ultimately give his life to save everyone else from some horrible Abyss monster. With them gone, the other wizard would be pretty helpless and die quickly, leaving the fairy to make it to the bottom on her own, that little bitch.

Are they climbing it back though? Because that's going to be the hard part

Depends, would they be able to keep setting specific powers ?

no one in my party is a pedophile so they would stay away entirely

Would make the difference between experienced Fighters who just gained a small grain of divinity just strolling downwards, at least half of it, and just mundane veterans who could prolly make a living of it without being exceptional.

>How long would your current party last in the Abyss?

Not very.

Most of them are power gamers who believe that since they put together the most optimal build they can think of, all problems can be solved through violence.

>LVL 15 D&D Party (retired)
A Nameless One-esque bard, a mutated super strong paladin, a fishman cleric and surgeon, a blazing lizardman (literally on fire), the avatar of a cancerous tree god, and a pirate spy.

Mixed results. Half the characters have made divine (or infernal) bargains. The ones who haven't are probably going to die horribly.

>Level 4 Party (current)
A halfling paladin, edgy hexblade, Illithid mystic who requires sapient brains to live, a warforged artificer, a spazz elf, and a cleric. Rotating secondary party members because I run my game at my LGS.

The spazz elf dies by Layer 2, touching something he shouldn't have. The rest of the cast could make it pretty deep as long as the artificer is alive, he's the most competent and paranoid of the group. The Illithid may cannibalize the party in their sleep if no other source of nutrition is found.

>DH Party (Mixed XP levels)
Champion psyker with medic training, Techpriest Sage, Warrior scribe, and shooty Guardsman.

The group turns around immediately after the Champion pings for Warpy bullshit. If trapped below, the group does okay as long as they can keep ammo supplies.

>Numenera Party
Moronic Jack, Medic Jack, Archer Glaive

Dead on arrival. The Glaive's a decent shot with a bow and can fight in hand to hand, but the other two wouldn't be able to deal with the weirder elements. The Moronic Jack is another spazz, one who has been cursed so that bad stuff specifically targets him, and the Medic Jack avoids fighting at all cost.

Kek

What is the abyss? Someone spoil it for me please

My current game (I'm the DM) takes place in a dying world well on its way into a hell of rotting flesh and decaying metal.

The Empire has collapsed and the rot and poison that spew from its heart eat away at the land and kill all life from it. Mindless beasts of malformed, cancerous flesh and demons made of steel scour the land for whatever prey there is while the few survivors who still struggle on huddle behind any shelter there still is, fearful and hopeless.

The rare folk who are still defiant enough to oppose this apocalypse harbor no illusions of beating it back. They defy death just to give their people a bit more time, to keep some miniscule light of hope burning, no matter how absurd that is. The treasures they fight and die for are not wondrous riches, but the barest essentials of life. Sooner or later, they will either die or lose their purpose. But it is the only worthy cause to die for.

I'd say they're pretty well-prepared for the Abyss.

You make a compelling case.

That said, they'd be very hesitant to go past the 5th level. Loot and adventure is all good and well, but also kind of pointless if you're too dead or mutated to enjoy it.

It's on Amazon.

Sorry, hasn't been revealed in the manga yet, either.

Not long at all.
Yeah... it's a weird show.

Attached: oh dear.png (1100x500, 765K)

Best way to describe it so far is that it's akin to a K'thullu like presence that affects everything on the island. Going down is a trap, one that only springs when you try to leave. The first 2 levels are pretty mild and manageable, dizziness and nausea mainly. Trying to go back up from the fifth level will have you bleezing from places you didn't know you had and coming up from the sixth one makes some very noticeable physical alterations to you, and that's before we bring up the wildlife.

Attached: 1521273650144.jpg (674x718, 57K)

The abyss is basically an eldritch horror setting, as in LITERALLY an eldritch horror setting in itself

Imagine if Veins of the Earth had the face of a child.

Nightmarish horrors, curses of increasing severity, and the people crazy enough to delve down deeper for treasures beyond imagining.

Of course, going down is easy. Coming up kills you if you're lucky. Or you end up as an immortal husk. I have no mouth, but I must scream. And there is no way to avoid it, although if you're enough of a sociopath you could use other people to take the hit for you.

And of course, the whole thing is going to come crashing down in a year, as it has every 2000 years prior. Already people on the surface have begun dying.

It hasn't been fully revealed. The second to last layer supposedly contains a settlement for those that made it down that far and plan on going to the final layer, which may be some sort of maelstrom/ worm hole. There may be even more layers below the ones shown on the map if the series is mapping the Abyss off of Dante's depiction of hell.

Attached: Abyss-map.png (728x1036, 889K)

God's Fetus.

White Whistles in like, 6 months tops.

A dungeon that nobody can come back from? You better believe they'd be all over that shit, and half of them are undead so the curse ain't got SHIT on them.

>What is the abyss?
It is subarashii

My whole party got banished to the abyss for, uh, reasons, and it has been a fucking blast.

We're currently fucking and fighting our way through damn near all of the abyss. Slayed some spongey, fungal puss when I gave the d i c c to Zuggtmoy. Started on 651, became Vucarik's champion, and worked our way up. Current party is half NPC consisting of a titan, an efreeti, a farmer, a harpy we keep as breedstock, the most generic of paladins(slowly losing his mind), and my item collecting, 47 foot tall, emaciated man o' mighty fists. You can figure out which members are the NPCs. Found a deck of many things and drew a card that fucked up my height(among a shit load of other awesome things). There are three decks between the party, mine was the harrow deck. The DM hates us, and we hate ourselves, but holy shit is has it been an entertaining couple of months.

>and half of them are undead so the curse ain't got SHIT on them.
Riko is a walking corpse for all intents and purposes, and the Curse can still fuck her over horrendously if given the chance. So being undead might not save your characters at all.

Attached: c1afc71b9e58b6e3acc8f1e3c57983a8.png (1920x1226, 5.07M)

The curse don't care, you're getting fucked whetever you like it or not.

it actually does care, the curse doesn't affect you unless you are human.
it doesn't affect the wildlife at all.
if we assume undead do not count as human, then they are immune to the curse.

Riko is basically a walking corpse so being undead means fuckall to it.

Yeah, but she was explicitly rezzed.

I figure that the curse can't make you bleed from every orifice if you have no blood.

i wouldn't count riko as a real undead, she breathes, eats, shits, and grows.
she's alive for all intents and purposes.

Would abduct Nanachi to keep her/him on ship as pet.

Attached: Nanachi Being Pet.jpg (1129x860, 566K)

>her/him
i know this is supported by the author, but i still hate this meme.

Attached: 1518571741517.jpg (1403x992, 478K)

But who makes their whistles?

>GMing
The party has a rabbit that suffers a lot, so they're already half ready for the abyss.

>playing:
3/4 PCs are robots, get fucked abyss

I've been thinking about a system to run this in as I've been rewatching it in HD (thank you amazon for making prime video do something)

My thought was Numenera, simply because the base system is solid and simple enough to run a game with more than just combat, but also having the vast weird artifacts actually do something with the cyphers being a thing.

thoughts?

Attached: uncle lovecrafts funtime murder hole.jpg (259x194, 8K)

Didn't she get brought up as a corpse after she was born as a stillborn in the Abyss? She came out of it just fine as a corpse, it's safe to assume a undead wouldn't be affected by the Abyss.

>2.5 infernals
Well, we won't do horribly but depending on whether the Abyss curse is an affect that falls under the things Exalted can defend against (I'm thinking a shaping affect) the whole group might not make it back.Also the rampant backstabbing my players are addicted to

Attached: images.jpg (245x206, 5K)

All four of them are immune to the curse by virtue of not being human, so they would be mostly fine in navigating the place. I think only the fae girl would be vulnerable to most of the creatures, since everyone else is some variant of construct, but her magic would do a lot to keep her relatively safe.

It depends on just how insane the lower levels get and how common threats on the level of Reg's gun hand are.

Would you mind sitting right there?

Attached: Chris Orksen.png (600x800, 248K)

I will protect their smiles, Chris Orkensen. You can't stop me.

Attached: ButWhy.jpg (500x418, 38K)

It is essentially if you made a mimic a location instead of a monster and filled it with potentially world-breaking treasures the deeper you fall into its trap

Depends on how human you need to be for the curse to affect you.
Our two Cyborgs, one who's still roughly half human and the other who's just a brain and nervous system laced through a robot body have very little biology to risk.
Not! Captain America would risk it, at least until the Sea of Corpses. Returning from there would be possible, but painful.
Our Vampire, Not! She Hulk and Immortal? They are going all the way.
Even if the curse affects vampires. She'll just handwave the risk joking about how she'll just suckle on the Immortal.

My character is just a stupid humanoid insect almost indestructible and cursed to live for ever.

So I guess if there is no mind control why not till the bottom ?

she was in a protective artifact. a thing the weight of a car that only provides enough shielding that she only needs glasses over going blind. she also has a addiction to going to the core of the abyss, that caused her first action as a baby to try and fall in to the abyss, so shes definitely not unscathed. but i wouldn't call her undead.

3 different games, so 3 different parties. Let's see.
>Shadowrun party
Respec, the technomancer, would die quickly, as there's nothing to hack. Captain Panzer would last until he's completely out of ammo, which would take a while. He's got a storage compartment in his liminal body full of spare belts for his machine gun, and even after he's out of ammo for that he's still got an implanted submachine gun and two grenade launcher sponsons on said liminal body. After he had finally exhausted all his ammo, he'd go down fighting with his trench knife.
Our mage, Psychopomp, would be the last to die, cuz he can heal himself, and spells never run out of ammo.
>D&D Party
Unless a given combat manages to wipe the entire party, they can keep on going basically forever. The party has a cleric, and a necromancer who (via a fancy spellbook granted by the god of magic) has access to clerical necromancies, as well as a ton of diamonds, so as long as one of those two lives through a combat, the party should be fine.

Oh, forgot the third party lol. Anyway
>hombrew meguka game
Assuming they get those weird egg things from demons the way they get them from normal monsters, the party should be able to function until our constant soap opera bullshit causes us to turn on ourselves.

The curse does more than make you bleed. if you go up from layer 6, I believe thats the one, you lose your humanity. From the examples weve seen, that means you are literally mutated into something inhuman. You can be undead, but you still have the minds of people, so it might still ruin you.

My part are One Piece characters. Literally, it's a One Piece themed game. We'll probably do fine

Attached: 1518126442213.png (906x569, 1.09M)