Billhooks are under powered in D&D 5e

That's it. I'm sick of all this "Shitily converted from an agricultural implement Halberd" bullshit that's going on in the world right now. Billhooks deserve much better than that. Much, much better than that.
I should know what I'm talking about. I myself commissioned a genuine from my cousin (A starving blacksmith with a philosophy degree) for 64 Rubles (that's about $1.12) and have been practicing with it for almost 8 years now. I can even lop eight inch thick limbs off a tree with my billhook.

Starving doctors of philosophy spend days working on a single Billhook and fold it up to three times to produce the finest blades known to mankind.

Billhooks are thrice as sharp as Japanese polearms and thrice as hard for that matter too. Anything a naginata can prune, a Billhook can prune better. I'm pretty sure a billhook could easily bisect a dying fruit tree with a simple vertical slash.

Ever wonder why medieval japan never bothered conquering europe? That's right, they were too scared to fight the disciplined Peasants and their Billhooks of destruction. Even in World War II, soldiers targeted the men with the billhooks first because their killing power was feared and respected.

So what am I saying? Billhooks are simply the best weapon that the world has ever seen, and thus, require better stats in the D&D. Here is the stat block I propose for Billhooks:
Martial melee weapon/5gp/2d4 slashing/5lb/Reach, Two-handed, special : advantage to the pull/disarm, can pull/disarm as part of attack.

Attached: billhook.jpg (1500x1495, 249K)

I'll billhook your family.

Attached: artf.jpg (640x408, 64K)

This meme too old?

Nice pic by the way.

how did the english with billhooks(and longbows) Defeat scottish pikes with far superior range?

>longbows
Well shit, I don't know.

t. George Silver

The pike blocks were pushing uphill. Pikes are also shit once you're past the point.

except for the occasional battle where the english failed to take the environment into account and sank into the swamp

Been a while since I've seen one of these. Pretty good.

Disrupting their formation with shooting and barging in, as Scots pike were typically very lightly armoured and not all that great at remaining in formation unless standing still, unlike the Swiss model with plenty of armour up front and pretty solid on the discipline front.

Attached: A&A bill.jpg (757x568, 228K)

I'm only upset with the question "Ever wonder why medieval japan never bothered conquering europe?" Because thats 200% not the reason. I'm assuming that's a meme.

But I do get the billhook needing to be better. its a good weapon/10

>eating pasta

shit weather for pushing uphill, terrain advantage, cutting through pike formations and far more mobile cannons compared to the larger but less mobile scottish gunpowder

>being this retarded.

How does it feel to bring down the average IQ for your country?

Such delicious pasta

hownew.ru

The Virgin Pikeman the Chad Billhookadier

I remember in one game, the GM made some legendary undead knight NPC who was this hero of the ages wield a billhook.

It was a magnificent artifact from times far gone... no one wanted to wield it because it's a fucking billhook. Quite literally the dumbest and most pathetic looking of weapons.

>Go on quest for ancient legendary weapon
>It turns out to be a wooden flail

Attached: Arte_De_Athletica_2b.jpg (260x178, 12K)

Halberd >>> Billhook

The Wizard Halberdier.

>not arming yourself with the greatest of ad hoc peasant weapons.
Do you fuckers even Godend.ag

Attached: g.jpg (359x777, 87K)

I think we all agree that the billhook is the best of weapons.

>all that armor
>but that weapon

Why? It's just a fucking baseball bat with metal spike on top.

how dare you insult the honour of the esteemable billhook. It is a weapon of more finnese than a mere brute bat, the incorporation of a blade, raises it's use into an art form... and you're talking about the other fellows picture, good point, that isn't a billhook anyway.

I'm wondering why no one is commenting about the cousin's life choices, seems like an interesting character idea.

So?

Because your enemies are unlikely to know whether it's a spear or a club, so they don't know whether to use sword or longer spear to counter it.

See, you say that *now*, but did they have baseball back in the 16th century?

>You see, Ivan...

Dutch, actually.

>You see, Johannes...

I unironically like billhooks.

That's it. I'm sick of all this "Masterwork Bread" bullshit that's going on in the d20 system right now. Elven bread deserves much better than that. Much, much better than that.

I should know what I'm talking about. I myself commissioned a genuine elven bread in the Elven Forest for 2,400,000 pieces of bark (that's about 20,000 gp) and have been eating it for almost 2 years now. I can even feed a dwarf with my elven bread.

Elven bakers spend years working on a single elven bread and bake it up to a million times to produce the finest bread known to mankind.

Elven bread is thrice as tasty as human bread and thrice as nutritive for that matter too. Anything a human bread can feed, an elven bread can feed better. I'm pretty sure an elven bread could easily feed a knight wearing full plate with a simple loaf.

Ever wonder why the Human Kingdom never bothered conquering the Elven Forest? That's right, they were bribed by the disciplined Breadmasters and their elven breads of deliciousness. Even in the Second Great War, dwarf soldiers targeted the men with the elven bread first because they couldn't resist the smell.

So what am I saying? Elven bread is simply the best bread that the world has ever seen, and thus, requires better stats in the d20 system. Here is the stat block I propose for elven bread:

1 lb elven bread (20 daily rations) +20 deliciousness +20 saves against poison and disease for a day

Now that seems a lot more representative of the feeding power of elven bread in real life, don't you think?

tl;dr = Elven bread needs to be tastier in d20, see my new stat block.

Dude think off all the force one can build up with a baseball bat. Now make it twice as heavy and half again as long. With all that considered if you were to hold the Goed at your shoulder and do a kind of punching-lunge with the spike (best I can describe) you would do a shitton of damage to a target

Scots can't into warfare

I would totally wield those weapons fuck you

Heard u was talkin shit about weaponized baseball bats

Attached: 250px-Nanhoku-cho_period_samurai_from__Military_Costumes_in_Old_Japan_,_1893[1].jpg (250x694, 57K)

my sides

this is because i said the newbies wouldn't recognise the underpowered in d20 pasta in that katana thread the other day isn't it. I WAS RIGHT OP. I WAS RIGHT.

well...theyre the english and it was the scottish
beating up scots and making them run home to their shitty kailyards is what they did

Attached: it checks out.jpg (450x338, 23K)

>eating pasta
Don't you dare talk shit about the greatest foodstuff mankind has to offer

Attached: Mezze Penne.jpg (400x606, 48K)