Tell me about the monkeys in your setting Veeky Forums?

Anything and everything monkey-related whatsoever that your setting has to give or that you feel like writing on the spot I want! I have a deep and powerful thirst for monkeys and monkey content, give it to me! Other primates are okay, no humans though, fucking hairless weaklings. With enormous dicks, sure, but, weaklings.

Attached: 1521203405381m.jpg (1024x576, 39K)

I have a group of white haired red faced mountain monkeys who practice a form of Buddhist-similar belief in one of my settings.

In a more capeshit setting I have 2 supervillains who are monkeys, Dr. Peanut peppercorn powel the third, a telepathic super-intelligent titi monkey, and Kalu the ultra orangutan, a super-intelligent time traveling telekinetic green orangutan with a cape, a diaper, and a huge brain ala the leader.

Chim Chim my brother.... you're the reason we all starved.... you betrayed us

Attached: rangdeath.jpg (573x329, 24K)

The Gorilla/Orangutang coalition is always on the lookout to deal with the Chimpanzee incursions. little murder-rapists are always swarming the hinterland colonies, but what can you do? Pope Temperence IX has decreed they are without souls, at least, though the damned Lemurs in their groves claim all are born from the ur-ape, She Who Walks The Misty Mountains and the chimpanzees have as much right to live as anyone.

Attached: img098.jpg (1250x1600, 596K)

A race of monkey folk who are the progenitors of all martial arts.

They await powerful martial artist to come to them and challenge them imparting their wisdom through combat

Not the op but I'd like to borrow this if you don't mind, do you have any idea how they might interact with monkeys who are usually ascetic mountain lamas if religious or a Nepal/Bhutan/Tibet similar race if secular.

Imagine Japanese Macaques except the biggest ones live at the very top of the mountain while the smaller ones live further down. They all know martial arts but only a few grow to bigger than a man and are drawn to their own temple hot spring at the summit .

The greatest warriors are drawn to climb the mountain and fight them in hopes of learning a new skill or testing their skill and in turn they learn how to use weapons and different martial skill from the humans who challenge them.

If you do good by them they let you bath with them i their healing hot springs.

Interesting. My mountain monkeys practice a martial art too, a style that uses a staff in lieu of some strikes but still uses punches kicks etc, they mostly practice it to defend their mountain retreats, so ironically despite being nearly totally against violence, they are some of the most violent fighters in the area, since the martial art was designed to protect them from yetis and warbands originally.

Considering their true purpose is to guard the enterance to the Court of Stars...

Pacifists you don't want to fuck with because when you do it turns out they compensate by being fucking massacre machines when unleashed is my fetish

Attached: e59f08bcea3dea09172c90b4ec8b3307[1].jpg (716x528, 97K)

Man, you guys with your shaolin monkeys sounding all cool and stuff. All I have is !Roman simians dealing with monkey-Goths. Making me feel bad.

Mongol inspired but less raiding monkey tribes who have a strong human fetish. They don't want to fuck them but they really like humans and their cultures.

What's that one tarkir card where the dudes bones burst through his fist after getting blocked?

I wouldn't exactly call them pacifists per se in the true sense of absolutely avoiding all violence unless it's utterly impossible to not fight, but they mostly take vows only to raise weapons to protect the mountain retreats, to protect sacred books statues and relics, and in defense of their small mountain kingdom while under formal invasion.

Their monastic path is the Temple of the Five Stars (justice, mercy, charity, compassion, morality), and their ascetic path is the Diamond Studded Roof school.

D.S.R. practice is like this; spend 8 to 12 hours meditating per day in an enclosure, drinking 1 sip of yak's milk and eating 1 dried fruit every 2 hours. Three days of each week, the ascetics do nothing, at all, but practice martial arts, taking one 5 minute break every hour, and drinking one sip of yak's milk and eating 1 dried fruit every 30 minutes. Usually the enclosures are small stone buildings that are like little igloos made of brick.

Ó Dubhghaill's Farm in the far west had a staff of thirty or so apes doing field work. Good ones were promoted to trapping and skinning whatever the dogs brought back.

Lately, though, they're wandering the estate as malnourished husks of their former monkey glory. Theres a malicious treant north who's roots spread far enough to reach the farm, and drain the energy out of the land. The apes which stay chained up most hours of the day succumbed to nature eventually, since they could not escape.

Attached: 1515992176918.jpg (658x581, 185K)

The monkeys living in mountainous jungles alongside dwarves are remarkably intelligent and work as a vassal race doing surface world work for dwarfkind. They have their own society that is similar to the Mayans. Apes' lack of psychic potential causes them to be looked down upon by many civs. The southern nations see apes as pests that compete for resources and cull all non-psychic races, but the gibbons in the barbarian forests are respected for their wisdom, and many barbarians seek a gibbon hermit's advice on issues relating to nature and fate.

Thank you, all of you, my thirst is almost quenched! Have some bananas!

You'd have done the same if you had the chance Bok-Bok, don't try to guilt trip me for doing what you wish you could do.

Attached: 0013142_food-festival-banana-bunches-of-yellow-bananas-cotton-fabric_500.jpg (500x500, 174K)

Mountain Buddha-monkeys user here, those aren't the only monkeys that exist in my world, there are also valley chimpanzee folk, spider-monkey folk, and jungle orangutan folk.

>Valley chimpanzees - extremely violent, similar culture to the natives from Cannibal Holocaust, though the valley chimps only eat meat when they are at war, and seldom go to formal war.

>Spider-monkeys - very primitive nomadic branch-dwellers who build only the most basic of housings, seldom even wear attire, and use almost no tools at all, yet they are master thieves and master rangers.

>orangutans - same monastic path as the mountain monkeys, but more usually a race of wandering hunter-gatherers who build semi-permanent high-branches tent encampments, they are very against violence and usually practice illusion magic.

Why do you need monkeys by the way user? Something specific you're planning or some specific sort of detail you need?

D.S.R. advanced members of the school levitate a short distance off the ground and emit visible to the eye light while meditating, both levitating and emitting visible light effortlessly.

The name comes from a very ancient belief that the stars in the night sky are distant Vasvanyaniranjam, a word that means something similar to 'enlightened being'.

The most advanced users of the D.S.R. path, those who have been using it for lifetimes already before this life, radiate warmth as well as light, and regularly communicate with other advanced beings through dreams and oracular messages.

A race of bloodthirsty monkey-men who periodically raid the human world every few centuries. They wield swords as tall as men and ride black ships that sail between the stars. Mostly based on an obscure race of Filipino monsters called the Ikogan, who show up in various folk tales to be killed en masse by tribal heroes a la orcs.

>Yama monkey
A peculiar species of monkey that dwells on the Heaven and Earth's Embrace mountain range. They have golden, white, silver or brown fur and are little more than half the size of a human.
They have learnt many things observing sentient races, mainly humans. They regularly patrol their territories at the mountains' feet using scavenged equipment from corpses killed by monsters or by themselves. There are many accounts of spear-wielding monkeys that assault people passing on roads between their territories. Some of them even know short phrases with meaning, such as "We want all your goods" or "Leave this place".
Unbeknownst to most, they are absolutely crazy about edible and/or allucinogen mushrooms and will trade almost anything they possess if you bring one on your pocket or purse.

My orcs are hairless baboons.

Attached: Rejected-Bold-female-baboon-in-Kariba-Zimbabwe-1.jpg (500x515, 90K)

LOOK OUT! ITS BENJAMEN NETANYAHU!

Can they make tools themselves? Some species of monkey are smart enough to use stones that are already pointed or sticks that are already pointed as tools, or use stones that are round as blunt tools.

That monkey's got some quality milkers

OY VEY THE ANTIBABOONISM!

Fuck off applesponges

> complaining about chimpanzees in a thread about monkeys

You're right anonberg, benny boy is more like a bonobo than a baboon.

> posts picture of ape asking dor monkey stuff
> people describing ape like races and communities as monkeys
> people posting apes in reply to monkey requests

GET IT RIGHT. APES AND MONKEYS ARE DIFFERENT SPECIES.

On a on-topic note:

I have a race of Orangutans who take great pride in their cultivation of what other races call the Gods-Fruit. Which is more or less a large banana with berries inside of the peel. The fruit prolongs the life of creatures whom consume it and if properly prepared it can grant a consumer the ability to "feel" spirits.

I also have a race of babboon orcs. they have a matriarchy society and the dominant female grows to immense sizes.

BOTH RACES ARE APES.

Attached: gorilla-that-really-rustled-my-jimmies-meme.jpg (668x621, 173K)

You know how elves, humans, dwarves, and all the demihumans are built similarly?
Apelike even?
In my setting, the universe was created by eight gods who collaborated on creating the world together.
They all have wildly different personalities and tastes.
The one universal trait of the Gods?

They all love monkeys.

The development of the various demihumans resulted from the Gods trying to build a "better" monkey.
Results varied.

It's easier to loot from corpses than to make your own tools. Besides, iron spears are superior to wood and rock ones, right?

>I know more about biology than you
>apes and monkeys are different SPECIES

Attached: 1492732559598.gif (352x217, 1.64M)

>apes are a species
>monkeys are a species
If you're going to correct people, don't out yourself as a mongoloid in the process.

Deflecting Palm, saw burn cast it against tooth and nail once. Good times.

It's not a monkey, but there's a species of carnivorous ape with elongated, mulit-jointed arms. It hangs from the canopy by its powerful legs and trails its long arms along the forest floor. When prey wanders by, it is constricted and strangled by the ape's serpentine arms. When the prey item is incapacitated, it is dragged up into the trees and eaten. Nearby locals call these apes "Papa Longarms", and train them to catch game.

Ook.

May I advise against calling her a monkey? Offending an orangutan is the sort of mistake one only makes once.

It has an eerly air to him desu, well pointed user.

I always imagine if there was a scenario where non-human primates evolved or were uplifted to sapience, lemurs would would be the most chill and pastoral ones. Probably sun worshippers as well.

Attached: 1494300582705.jpg (640x395, 58K)

But their males are murderous as fuck user.

I think the answer you're looking for is Bonobos

In my setting, Lemurs are sort of a perverted Manichaeistic faith. Dualists who believe one should embody in equal parts the Good and Evil aspects of She Who Walks The Misty Mountains. So they cycle between working good deeds for the betterment of all, and working evil deeds for the betterment of all.

Apostles of the Holy Church have been taming that down in the past few centuries, but the Lemurs will point out that the Purge of the Crusades was the Holy Church operating as per the Wicked side of their ape-Goddess, and they're two sides of hte same coin.

I'm confused, what does Nikki Minaj have to do with your post.

I thought it was one of the Trumps

All apes, neanderthals, gorillamen, wild animal apes, yetis and humans all live under a religious coalition that replaces cultural identity to servitude to the great ape demon Yehzug, father of apes. They're primitive and usually slaves under other races, which the oddly benevolent demon king is infuriated by, decreeing that his faith must be absolute among the lands.

They're basically orcs, varied, simple yet clever and destructive.