youtube.com/user/PrivateerPressPrime

Latest Errata: June 2017
files.privateerpress.com/op/2017/6.23.2017/Core-Rules-Errata-June2017.pdf

Theme Forces:
files.privateerpress.com/op/errata/Theme Forces Sept2017v2.pdf

Steamroller Rules
files.privateerpress.com/op/2017/LnL/Steamroller Rules 2017.pdf

Table of contents for all NQ issues
privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?4313-Table-Of-Contents-For-All-No-Quarter-Issues

Lexicanum Iron Kingdoms Fluff wiki:
warmachine.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page

MK3 RULES:
files.privateerpress.com/allnewwar/Prime-Digest-Rules-2016-v2.pdf
files.privateerpress.com/allnewwar/Primal-Digest-Rules-2016-v2.pdf
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5OHGgAx7q66NUdvUFp3LWVQRlE&usp=drive_web

Warmachine/Hordes Army Creator (WHAC) .apk
charbon-et-charentaise.org/blog/content/app-release.apk

Attached: Crucible_Guard_CID_Week_3_v2.pdf (PDF, 384K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=V5mKeEvJ41w
conflictchamber.com/#c2201b_-0O1b1U223I2d2d3z3B3B3B302WjI2i
conflictchamber.com/#c2201b_-0d1b22221G1H3I3q3C3t3z3B303F3H3j
conflictchamber.com/#ca201b_-0taCaKkMkMaOaRbubbbbbbcocobkbljx
conflictchamber.com/#ca201b_-0taCkHkHbvaKaOaRbbbbbbcococob9b9br
conflictchamber.com/#c9201b_-0Z6Q4x4D6V5GcvcT5U6c6d
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's hard to have things to spoil when they always go through a month CID

Hell even some of the spoiled models change during cid so until you have the actual release rules nothing is set
And with the way PP has been going lately not even that is set
I'd enjoy warmachine more if it didnt feel like a constant beta test

Honestly as someone who started MK3 the constant evolution of rules is something people complain about but its what is dragging me into the game. I am so sick and tired of sitting through years of a wargame model being busted before it is changed. Right now a "fast" fix is 2 erratas a year, but in warmachine i actually get to see things iterated on.

Maybe its because I'm a bit younger and things like video games have prepared me to accept these sorts of changes more? Video game patches and adjustments can even come out weekly or fortnightly to address problems. Whilst i can understand the logistical issues with updating physical cards etc, now that they have largely moved to apps/printouts i think its a good thing they are taking balance seriously rather than putting it on the backburner like most other companies.

You've hit the nail on the head really, tabletop games with regular releases need this sort of patching. It does become frustrating if you aren't on the ball though, as not playing for 3 months can mean your understanding of a bunch of models are out of date

Initially Crucible Guard did not excite me at all, but now I'm actually thinking of getting them when they come out, mainly for Gearheart and Clogg.
What are other "ranged weapon" casters like that? I know Gunnbjorn has a big fucking bazooka and some cryx casters have nasty sprays.

I think they need a better news source, whether on warroom or their website designed specifically to keep people up to date. One of my opponents didn't realize bane riders had lost curse until halfway through our game and was quite frustrated, not because the model was changed in a bad way (they got more mat, reach and vengeance he liked that) but because he felt like he didn't really know his own army thanks to the changes. I can definitely understand that feeling.

Does anyone know a good aquarium piece or something i could use to convert up skarre3?

Cygnar has a lot of them. All three Caines do a lot of work at range, as does Sloan.

Legion has the Lylith set of casters, and Skorne has Jalaam, along with a few other interesting casters. Zaal1, for example, has a more modular gun, but it can be extremely powerful against the right models.

Cryx doesn't really have any ranged casters, they're mostly spell slingers. Menoth doesn't really have anyone either. Khador has Strakhov2.

I get that and it can be a nice method, problem is you can have hundreds of dollars worth of models rendered useless with a single errata and I can never escape that feeling like anything I learn could be rendered terrible in a month or 2

Hell since mk3 I probably have $500ish worth of models that just never see the table anymore, mercs in cygnar mostly, but even my cygnar models rarely see the table due to themes

Convergence has Iron Mother (really good gun, plus the ability to enhance range, accuracy, and damage of her entire battlegroup) and Orion (incredibly diverse toolbox for ranged models and a unique gun with lots of interesting potential).

Also if you like Gearheart you should take a look at Durgen Madhammer, who has an amazing gun with multiple attack types and a corresponding feat.

I’d say Kaelyssa, but like most Ret casters she’s more important as a support toolbox than she is for her gun modes.

If you want a caster that fucks shit up with a gun, there is only one true choice

Siege 1

He fucks shit up with his rocket launcher

Hello friends today I played 3 games of Warmahordes. I play Skorne!

>Game 1
>Zaadesh2 (Warhost) v Scaverous (Carapace theme)
Went 2nd, he couldn't assassinate on turn 2, tried to kill turtles, failed, next turn I popped feat, my 2 turtles killed Erebus, a Slayer, and Deathjack with melee, then their shots just casually blew Scaverous off the table too.

>Game 2
>Zaadesh2 (Warhost) v Rahn (No fucking idea)
Went 2nd, died top of turn 2 because apparently nowhere on the board is safe from Rahn. Only really lost because my opponent spiked a damage roll on an Agonizer to one shot it, otherwise it would've hyper aggressive moved behind a building to gain cover, then had a shield guard against the other 2 RAT5 shots on it, which now meant that Zaadesh (who was in all kinds of fuck) would've had a Sac Pawn in the Agonizer for the Eyriss shot that stripped all his fury off, meaning the AFGs wouldn't have had the easiest kill of their lives. Fuck Rahn.

>Game 3
>Rasheth (Winds) v Borka2 (North something)
Again went 2nd, opponent feated turn 1 to stop my shooting, I feated back for no good fucking reason because holy fuck would it have been better a turn later, either way I ground his board down. Turtles dominated one flank then pushed over to the other one. Reivers did just enough on the other side for me to not lose, then Borka was forced into action, couldn't assassinate Rasheth, and ate turtle dick.

You just said yourself that most of those models aren't played due to themes not due to CID. I could be wrong but I believe that FAR more models have been buffed than nerfed by the CID. The legion one just buffed several of their beasts while only really nerfing hellmouth down to reasonable instead of stupid good. Admittedly they needed a lot of help but still every CID cycle has been net buffs for the faction as far as I know.

CID cycles are kinda like 40k codexes at this point in that whoever is furthest away from getting one is probably the worst faction at the moment. Ret, Circle, Menoth, and Skorne sans-turtle are all in dire need of help.

>died top of turn 2 because apparently nowhere on the board is safe from Rahn
m.youtube.com/watch?v=V5mKeEvJ41w

Attached: 4B41C429-71F1-47B3-A2FB-2492B047516F.jpg (445x390, 92K)

Terminus is obviously designed to go alongside undead, but could he work in scourge/slaughter? Slaughter fleet already has tough on everything and blood priestess gives him sucker so he doesnt really lose sacrificial pawn. Kharybdis with ravager could tear through foes like nobodies business too.

Is Feora1 playable? 50 pt list?

She's perfectly playable. She likes Flameguard. Some cleansers and a few good hard hitting jacks are pretty nice.
>50 pt list
Why would you do this?

Can someone give me advice on my Grymkin Cask Imp spam list? Here's what I have so far.

Wanderer
- Skin & Moans
- Gorehound
- Gorehound
- Crabbits
x2 Mad Caps
x3 Cask Imps
Lord Longfellow
Witchwood
Eilish Garrity
x2 Murder Crows
Dread Rots
Neigh Slayers
Twilight Sisters

I've got 9 points left in the list. What do I do with it?
Also, frankly I'm not sure what Eilish's purpose is in there. A friend of mine said she should be in the list and I just kinda took him at his word on that.
So how do I finish this off?

Whoops, had Neigh Slayers at a min unit for some reason. Max unit puts my list at 71 points. Should I just finish the list off with a trapperkin or Glimmer Imp or something?

I have no real experience with Menoth, but she certainly looks spooky. It feels like she is meant to play attrition against infantry, or try to punch a hole through to an assassination against jack heavy?

If i were told i had to play her for some reason, i would want two units of temple flameguard, putting one on each flank to jam and try to block scenarios, then her character jack plus some jacks selected from castigator, guardian and templar or vigilants. I get the impression she and her character jack can spread plenty of flame and castigators will help, so the idea is to take jacks that form an armored wedge that can throw or slam enemy models out of position whilst being hard to remove themselves. Guardians especially can charge in and boost to try and get critical pitch which should quickly start putting your opponent's army into disarray, hopefully letting you clean up and get a path to the enemy caster.

Scoop their eyes out with glimmer imps! Buy those fake eyeball kids toys that roll around inside the plastic ball and start piling them on the table as you take their eyes.

Are you genuinely advocating the glimmer imp or just being silly?

I'm deadly serious. You probably wont end up getting trapperkin into position and longfellow has black penny so he can fire at people near the glimmer imp really easily thanks to paralyzing stare, plus if the eye is scooped out that's a total of -6 DEF and its damaged now to trigger his finisher. Outside of setting up Longefllow to murder people blinding a warbeast is going to really fuck them up and if you cant manage that even just standing within 5 inches makes you much more likely to hit, most heavy warjacks you wont even be able to miss outside of snake eyes if the imp is nearby.

Bring halloween eyeball candy to eat in front of your opponent.

I like your attitude. Sold. Thanks, user.

How's the rest of the list? And can you give me some insight as to why my buddy was so insistent I include Eilish?

I don't play Grymkin user, so i can tell you that glimmer imps are great and very little else. I've never even played against murder crows. Elish can remove upkeeps on your shit and spend the rest of the time making your skin and moans get a reroll on his attack roll so he wont fuck up.

Oh man, Murder Crows are great. Both units get ambush from theme benefit, they threaten 10 1/2 inches, only pow 9 but it's a magic weapon and they get prey AND gang with mat 6. A unit of them took out a poorly placed Wraith Engine on turn 2 for me one time.

Prey and Gang... P+S13? Sounds pretty good.

That's an affirmative. Really sucks when your opponent is able to get the prey you mark out of their threat range before you can bring them in, in which case they're mostly good for tarpitting shit you don't want to get to you, but I figure either one will be fine in a list where the entire point is to get my tiny little men in exploding barrels into the enemy's front lines.

Well you can also use it to force an opponent to play a key piece more defensively. Whilst an ARM 19 warjack might shrug at the prospect of murder crows most other shit will have to position themselves away from the sides if you are ambushing or further back if you are advance deploying.

That's true. And the fact that BOTH units gain ambush with theme benefit makes that even better. It's a great way to threaten either flank, playing mind games with your opponent just knowing that at any turn anybody they've got near the edge of the board is at risk.

They're a lot of fun to use.

Crucible guard CID update when? What days do they usually post it?

Say hello to my Welsh Masters lists, Veeky Forums!

[Theme] None
(Jalaam 1) Primus Jalaam [+28]
- Basilisk Krea [7]
- Cyclops Raider [9]
- Molik Karn [19]
Extoller Soulward [3]
Kwaak Slickspine & Gub, Croak Sorcerers [4]
Orin Midwinter, Rogue Inquisitor [5]
Paingiver Bloodrunner Master Tormentor [4]
Paingiver Bloodrunner Master Tormentor [4]
Wrong Eye [17]
- Snapjaw [0]
Paingiver Beast Handlers (min) [5]
Paingiver Bloodrunners [9]
Praetorian Swordsmen (max) [13]
- Praetorian Swordsman Officer & Standard [4]

[Theme] Imperial Warhost
(Zaadesh 2) Lord Tyrant Zaadesh [+28]
- Agonizer [0(6)]
- Agonizer [0(6)]
- Archidon [10]
- Basilisk Krea [0(7)]
- Bronzeback Titan [18]
- Titan Gladiator [15]
- Titan Sentry [15]
Bog Trog Mist Speaker [4]
Paingiver Beast Handlers (max) [7]
Siege Animantarax [17]
Siege Animantarax [17]

[Theme] Winds of Death
(Rasheth 1) Dominar Rasheth [+28]
- Basilisk Krea [7]
- Cyclops Shaman [8]
- Titan Cannoneer [17]
Extoller Soulward [0(3)]
Extoller Soulward [3]
Mortitheurge Willbreaker [0(4)]
Venator Dakar [0(4)]
Paingiver Beast Handlers (max) [7]
Venator Reivers (max) [15]
- Venator Reiver Officer & Standard [4]
Venator Slingers (min) [8]
Siege Animantarax [17]
Siege Animantarax [17]

How are you supposed to orotect battle engine casters? They barely seem tougher than regular casters and are fat as hell.

If i gain focus through a special rule like cull soul i can go over my FOCUS stat right?

Unless the ability explicitly states that it can't allow you to gain more focus than your FOCUS stat, you can. So yes.

thinking about starting Convergence of Cyriss with Orion, any tips or advice?

If you flip Orion over, he's a tipi.

Thanks. I'll play around with the Temple Guard theme and see what I can come up with. My LGS plays with 50 usually. I guess it helps attract more attention because it's a cheaper buy in than 75.

Thanks for the advice. Castigator and other shit that can make fire sounds solid.

ded gaem

Convert to Thamar, better god. Lets you dual wield storm glaives.

>all that hype when his art leaked
>could practically hear crickets chirping when his rules dropped
How do we fix 4Shade?

Attached: 28226972-010D-49AC-A7D5-2B17EBFB5181.jpg (668x777, 43K)

My dude needs a real feat.

Really? If he were in Cryx (sans revive) i would play him. Field Marshal Arcane Vortex + Power Up seems fucking amazing, Ghost Walk and Frost Field are really good plus Mage SIght lets him counter some bullshit. His Feat isn't amazing, but full army concealment is still pretty good.

how the FUCK do I make reznik1 work?? is he just bad? I don't think I've ever won a game with him.

Well, what are you running with him? That'll give us a jumping off point.

But in general, Reznik is a battlegroup focused caster with a lean towards assassination. Especially with his character jack, who he can provide two out of activation full advances in a single turn. Your general goal is to stick Brand of Heresy on something and then shoot/melee it to death.

Witch Hound makes your very resistant to enemy debuff spells, thanks to your ability to walk the model to safety after it's been targeted.

Got a list?

Replace Backlash with a debuff and Revive with... basically anything else. Revive is pretty much useless for Ret.

Fair warning, but I'm not a PoM player.

Still, if I was playing him, I think I'd start with something like this.

conflictchamber.com/#c2201b_-0O1b1U223I2d2d3z3B3B3B302WjI2i

Protectorate Army - 75 / 75 points
[Theme] The Faithful Masses

(Reznik 1) High Executioner Servath Reznik [+28]
- Crusader [10]
- Reckoner [16]
- Scourge of Heresy [16]
- Vanquisher [17]
- Vanquisher [17]
Vassal of Menoth [3]
Wrack [1]
Wrack [1]
Wrack [1]
Choir of Menoth (max) [6]
Deliverer Sunburst Crew [0(5)]
Holy Zealots (max) [12]
- Monolith Bearer [3]

Zealots can jam up and trigger HoV, Crusader with Brand can trade super well against most other heavies. You've got enough fully boosted guns to put a dent in a lot of even big stuff. Your opponent also has to be super careful of the whole double advance thing, you can pretty much kill anyone if you get it off correctly.

Revive -> Regrowth
Backlash -> Curse of Shadows

There you go fixed. For bonus points, trade Frost Field for Freezing Mist. Reclaim would be nice, but is probably too much with the above.

Good luck. Reznik 1 is tough to win with.

conflictchamber.com/#c2201b_-0d1b22221G1H3I3q3C3t3z3B303F3H3j

Protectorate Army - 75 / 75 points
[Theme] The Creator's Might

(Reznik 1) High Executioner Servath Reznik [+28]
- Reckoner [16]
- Reckoner [16]
- Redeemer [11]
- Revenger [10]
- Scourge of Heresy [16]
- Hierophant [0(3)]
The Covenant of Menoth [0(4)]
Vassal Mechanik [1]
Vassal of Menoth [3]
Wrack [1]
Choir of Menoth (max) [6]
Idrian Skirmishers (min) [9]
- Idrian Skirmisher Chieftain & Guide [5]
Visgoth Juviah Rhoven & Honor Guard [9]

Pick a side to roll up with Reznik. Keep him covered and surrounded until you can confirm a kill for more Wracks. Slow and steady with good positioning for defense is key.

Use the Skirmishers and Visgoth to keep your opponent from flanking. Don't be scared to sacrifice dudes to save Reznik. His armor is tissue paper.

>Cryx doesn't really have any ranged casters

Skarre3 and her giant pirate ship.

I am new to this game, and haven't done much beyond play a few smaller point games with a buddy. I wanted to build up to a beast spam Everblight list, so I have thrown this list together to get some critique.

conflictchamber.com/#ca201b_-0taCaKkMkMaOaRbubbbbbbcocobkbljx

Legion Army - 75 / 75 points
[Theme] Oracles of Annihilation

(Thagrosh 1) Thagrosh, Prophet of Everblight [+28]
- Nephilim Protector [10]
- Ravagore [16]
- Ravagore [16]
- Seraph [14]
- Typhon [20]
- Succubus [0(4)]
Blighted Nyss Shepherd [1]
Spell Martyr [1]
Spell Martyr [1]
Blighted Nyss Hex Hunters (max) [15]
- Bayal, Hound of Everblight [0(6)]
Ice Witches [7]

I went with the Oracles theme as I like the idea of not being restricted by beasts and having free solos.

Reznik requires you to consciously build around how starved he is for focus. He wants to run a powerful battlegroup and cast his expensive spells, but he's stuck at FOC6. Even worse, he's a big vulnerable target if left without something to camp. This means a couple of things.

You take a Hierophant and Wracks. I know he can create his own Wracks, but you can never count on that actually happening. Any turn you don't effectively have 8 focus is a problem.

You take ranged jacks like the Vanquisher. Not only can they run on very little focus, bug they also synergize really well with Witch Hound. And you have Ignite if you ever need to commit them to melee.

Also consider the Sanctifier. If you can manage to load it up with souls, it will pull its weight without draining your stack. Reznik can easily compensate for its relative pillowfistedness.

Finally, go for quality over quantity. Reznik wants the highest rate of return on the focus he allocates, and this generally means a smaller number of better warjacks. Reznik's character jack is a good pick here.

Grabbed you some advice from the discord

conflictchamber.com/#ca201b_-0taCkHkHbvaKaOaRbbbbbbcococob9b9br

Legion Army - 75 / 75 points
[Theme] Oracles of Annihilation

(Thagrosh 1) Thagrosh, Prophet of Everblight [+28]
- Carnivean [18]
- Carnivean [18]
- Naga Nightlurker [8]
- Nephilim Protector [10]
- Seraph [14]
- Typhon [20]
Spell Martyr [1]
Spell Martyr [1]
Spell Martyr [1]
The Forsaken [0(4)]
The Forsaken [0(4)]
Blackfrost Shard [9]

Extra Carniveans can become Scytheans in a pinch, but you want at least one for Spiny Growth and a pretty beefy feat target if you for whatever reason don't feat back Typhon
Unless you're staring down a lot of Woldwyrds, Thags should have SG up every turn after the 1st
FoW isn't usually going to help much, but it's nice on the approach sometimes
Draconic Blessing usually goes on whatever you send in first, and then gets cycled through as your beasts die
I really like the Protector for Thags1 lists because randomly shieldguarding GW shots is nice and he's pretty hard to kill when Guard Dog is running, and you want him fairly close to the front lines to catch enemies in Death Shroud(edited)
Other than that, keep the Seraph and Naga alive, keep Thags1 alive, and bully your opponent with your beefy heavies. I liked to take the pathfinder objective for Typhon but it's really optional either way.

Whats the appeal of crucible rocketmen? They seem easy to kill for cost and dont hit hard, plus they are short range.

>Giant pirate ship.

Her glorified tugboat, you mean.

They look cool as hell.

Sturgis2, what are the chances he gets in a cid this year?
Failing that what can I do to try and make him work? I feel like corruptors enjoy his feat, as do reapers and seethers.

>Sturgis2, what are the chances he gets in a cid this year?
Hopefully pretty high. I feel like all the casters who came out of WM:Tactics are at least somewhat viable except for the two iterations of Sturgis, especially the Cryx one.

>Failing that what can I do to try and make him work? I feel like corruptors enjoy his feat, as do reapers and seethers.
It's not that he's unworkable, just that he's an absolutely inferior version of Asphyxious1. Now I'm just guessing here, but I'm thinking you'd want a couple arc nodes so you can move Parasite around every turn, and a powerful unit like Bane Warriors or Soulhunters that can take Occultation. Then you'd want one or two things that can really exploit Dead on Arrival's pull, like the Desecrator.

The appeal is going fast.

This year? Not at all.

At some point? Unlikely.

Sturgis is as close to a red headed step child as you can get for a warcaster.

Replace Convection on Sturgis1&2 with Storm Rager. Boom. Now he's fixed.

Thanks for the advice user. I like the idea of running all of that fury support as boosting is always fun. I didn't realize how useful Nightlurkers could be either.

Woldwyrds are the cutest warbeasts. Prove me wrong.

Attached: woldwyrd.jpg (600x600, 64K)

That's a funny way of spelling Reptile Hounds.

Attached: images.jpg (238x212, 7K)

Who does heavy warbeast spam the best now?

Then no zap and doesnt fix his melee focus. I think sturgis2 needs chain attack dark shroud made into something good and threat extension, preferably that works on himself. Chain attack free teleport that doesnt end activation? Then he can charge something, hit something behind the lines then teleport to safety?
Skorne has the ability to take those beast handlers and can steal minion beasts.

>CID cycles are kinda like 40k codexes at this point in that whoever is furthest away from getting one is probably the worst faction at the moment.
That's.... a bit dramatic, to say the least. I played almost two decades of 40k, followed by the last 8 years in WMH. There's plenty of things I like about 40K, setting, models, etc, but when it comes to game balance it's not even a discussion. PP on their worst day is about equivalent to GW on their best.

shredders exist, ergo you're wrong

>You take ranged jacks like the Vanquisher. Not only can they run on very little focus, bug they also synergize really well with Witch Hound. And you have Ignite if you ever need to commit them to melee.
Vanquishers don't have Ignite, but they do have Thresher.
I don't see them used at all in my meta, but I fucking love Vanquishers.

Is there any better jamming unit in the game than Temple Flameguard in Guardians of the Temple theme with Sevvy 1 or Kreoss 1?
>throw Defender's Ward on them
>def 15 arm 19 after shield wall, arm 22 with UA minifeat
>reach, CMA, and with UA can move and attack through each other
>tough, cannot be knocked down
What's a better jamming unit?

Reznik1 has Ignite?

I thought of that just seconds before my page refreshed and I was about to try to pick up my spaghetti, but now it is everywhere and I am ashamed.

Houseguard Halberdiers.in Defenders of Ios with either Elara2 or Issyria and a Thane?

So I've picked up an eclectic collection of Skorne stuff over MKII, but never got around to playing, and decided to pick it back up for MKIII.

So far I've got:
>Naaresh
>Hexeris2
>Xerxis2
>2 Agonizers
>1 Drake
>1 Krea
>1 Bronzeback
>1 Titan Glad/Sentry/Cannoneer kit
>Tiberion
>1 Cyclops Shaman
>1 unit of Incindiarii
>1 unit of Beast Handlers
>1 Swordsman/Keltarii kit
>1 Swordsman UA
>Zaadesh1
>2 Void Spirits
>1 Willbreaker

Is there any hope in making a working list out of it?

Grymkin have the best beasts and some excellent beast casters.

conflictchamber.com/#c9201b_-0Z6Q4x4D6V5GcvcT5U6c6d

Skorne Army - 74 / 75 points
[Theme] Masters of War

(Hexeris 2) Lord Arbiter Hexeris [+27]
- Basilisk Krea [7]
- Bronzeback Titan [18]
- Tiberion [22]
- Titan Gladiator [15]
Mortitheurge Willbreaker [4]
Cataphract Incindiarii (max) [17]
Paingiver Beast Handlers (min) [5]
Praetorian Swordsmen (max) [13]
- Praetorian Swordsman Officer & Standard [0(4)]

It's not the best list, but it can do some weird things. Incindiri pair well with Black Spot. About the biggest issue here is the lack of good nodes for Hexy2.

You know, I really hate themes.

So I'm not opposed to expanding. What would be some good purchases that go with what I got?
Except 2 turtles.

Well, which caster are you most interested in?

Xerxis2 is one I really want to use. I was thinking of picking up more beasts and running him in an Imperial Warhost list.

Xerxis2 is funny with masses of Archidons. SPD9 is silly, and his feat lets you pick and choose your dice so you just crit everything all the time if you boost as well.

Both versions of Sturgis have Convection and a faction nuke, they definitely don't need both. You hardly ever have enough focus to be casting zap spells. I think gaining Storm Rager, while not overdoing it, would absolutely help his melee emphasis since MAT9 P+S15 is actually some kind of threat. Being able to drop it on solos like Acosta or Tartarus (respectively) would be quite useful too.

That said, replacing Flash and Dark Shroud with Chain Attack: Blood Boon or something similar would be pretty nice.

Honestly despite his low P+S his huge number of attacks when he wants them + Parasite and the huge number of mat fixing options in Cryx mean his damage is already enough to shred most shit. Part of his problem is they want you to use that huge pile of attacks to hit infantry, but you wont be hitting them twice so no chain attack, bizarre skornergy there. Many attacks but relatively low P+S and relentless charge also makes him feel like a good one to do assassinations, but his feat cant extend his threat against warcasters/locks.

My friend modelled his Woldwyrd to be poking it's "head" around a tree stump, it's fucking adorable.

Rorsh and Brine in Cryx, worth it? I like their weird threat ranges and tricks and all, but my meta has like no hordes (or even really warmachine that have living in them beyond like the warcaster and 2 supports at best) so the animus will be useless.

My local store has all Warmahordes stuff 50% off forever. Is the game dying or something?

The game is slowly recovering from decisively shitting the bed approx. 1 year ago. It's still the...what, #3 miniatures game in terms of sales? So it's not done for, but a number of local scenes basically disappeared after the dumpster fire that was the 3rd ed. release. I'd check to see if you have any sort of existing meta in your area before putting money down on wmh.

More like had a huge roadbump its still recovering from. Your area probably had multiple stores/clubs where games were played and it may have reduced to just a handful, me and a mate were just in a store playing WMH the other day trying to "restart" its dead scene.

Well, X2 is great at polishing just about everything, warbeast wise, so the next question to ask is what interests you? He can do a decent job with the Titans, a pretty bang up job with the Bugs, and if you like the Basilisks, then you're in luck.

Sturgis2's biggest issue is that Agathia and Gaspy1 both exist and do what he does but better.

Bane Warriors are still fucking stupid. Effective PS14 weaponmasters? Like what.

I think its 13? Not 14?
That said i don't like Bane Warriors either, i feel its weird Bloodgorgers need to hire Gerlak to get their berserk (which feels essential to their role) and to really compete they need to get Jussika as well because of the relentless charge, whilst Bane Warriors kind of just... work. Their attachment is nice but its not really needed at all and in theme they get prowl and two big clouds to block shooting with. If my bloodgorgers (which are slow as fuck except when charging living) want to get to battle i have to take units to make clouds for them.

Nigger I'm not even going to begin comparing Cetrati to Posse.

Yeah but thats like, between two factions. They have different tools available to them and whilst yeah skorne is probably not where it should be there's a big difference in available support between them and blindwater.

I think its more fucked up when its in the same faction, with the same warcasters available and the same support.

I don't like them because they're too fucking good. You don't like them because they're too fucking good. See a pattern here? They're just too fucking good.

I'm just saying i dont think its fair to lump posse into this.

I think you've analyzed that quite well. On the other hand, they might have some worth in a Scaverous Assassination list. Most casters tend to be living after all.

One of our locals painted the middle part as an eye and it's fucking creepy.