Who has tried running a One Piece themed game? How did it turn out?

Who has tried running a One Piece themed game? How did it turn out?

Attached: Seis Pat portrait.jpg (774x1032, 71K)

there was seamen everywhere

Navy are fun to fight, aren't they.

Attached: one_piece_863___nami__chopper_y_carrot_by_melonciutus-db6nk1a.jpg (989x808, 139K)

Surely there should be some interest.

Attached: Franky_After_Accident.png (619x660, 386K)

I've been part of several over the years. Some really good, some unbelievably bad. But I'd still do another if asked.

Attached: one piece tarots.jpg (1725x1695, 1.9M)

Pretty sweet art.

Tell us about the most recent game?

Tried running a campaign with the OPD20 system. Worked pretty well, was having some fun. Then one of my players started their own campaign and stole all my players with promises that they could play whatever character they wanted because he was using his own homebrew system. It worked for getting people to join, but was horribly unbalanced and the game fell apart.

Attached: luffy eat.gif (500x250, 714K)

Most recent game was run by a friend of mine using OPD20. It was a crew of 3; a skypian musical that beat people with a didgeridoo, a gun-slinging female captain, and me, the swordsman cook with the Atsu-atsu fruit and horrible memory problems.
The only thing he could consistently remember is how to use a blade, whether it be to fight or to cook. He'd channel his heat into the blade to cook thing as he was killing them.
His captain had to give him a locket labeled "captain" with her picture in it.

Attached: heatguy2.jpg (568x848, 307K)

I have a game on Monday. Our crew is dealing with an island engaged in a civil war, trying to find the third party that's stirring up unrest on the eve of a summit.

Also the island is half day and half night.

I did a One Piece campaign, it was a mix of pathfinder and 3.5, my DM planned out the fruits day one, but we got them thru out the campaign. We were a more mix of fruit users and fighters. My fruit was the Alchemy fruit, it was dumb in retrospect. But I was give an ability to make different weapons or traps in combat. I was a silly captain that used diplomacy to get some mob boss to open a chain of Root Beer Float shops across the grand line.

I need ideas for weirdo animals in the Grand Line.

>His captain had to give him a locket labeled "captain" with her picture in it.
That's pretty cute.

Attached: 1501138624150.png (395x296, 187K)

Octane Hamsters. Hot blooded rodents who have a seemingly infinite store of energy. Some pirates have taken to using them to power their ships, as the hamsters will go at a task with all their might.

Super tall flamingos that walk around on the ocean floor.

She found him one day and he had no idea where he had come from, but he could remeber her face so he followed her.
Like most things in one piece it was played for laughs,
>He'd get on the wrong boat because he'd forget which was theirs
>He'd forget who he was fighting mid-attack
>He'd serve the crew breakfast, only to come back in 5 minutes later with another full breakfast

But at the same time it was also kind of dark.
>Sitting on the deck one night looking at the stars
>Captain comes up
>"It's me"
>"I remember. For now."
>"What you thinking about?"
>"My old friends."
>"You remembered someone!?"
>"No. But I must have them. Look at me captain, I'm a grown man. This is the Grand Line. Nobody survives to be my age here... not without friends to look out for them. Where are they? The thing about forgetting is you don't even know what you've lost. ...How many friends have I forgotten and left behind?"

A gang of wolves who learned how to play human instruments and formed a rock band.

Is this a reference to something?

Yes

What is it a reference to.

How about a... Gopher. It's... really fat? And... waits for things to fall into its mouth.

Was it up to the GM to decide the origin of the memory problems or did you know them? Was it genetic?

Man with a Mission

Quick, I need a reason for a Buster Call to be called on some island.

Do it like a 40K inquisitor and use the Buster Call/Exterminatus for no reason or the bare minimum reason necessary, like not giving you the shiny shit you want.

Marines in One Piece actually value preserving territory and resources. Besides, there's already been one canon Buster Call caused by complete accident.

I did run a one shot using a Fate-based like rules light system. Party consisted of:
>Hammerhead shark fishman
>Sponge fishman cook
>Kangaroo zoan pugilist
>Captain with the "lazy lazy fruit" (could slow things down)
>Smoke logia dude (the only one who didn't watch the show, we let it slide)

The game was a bit shit because I made it up on the spot and we didn't put much thought into it, but the characters were fun with some hilarious interaction, and I still have the sketches somewhere. Would play again/10.

>Sponge fishman

Attached: 1367196016687.png (323x254, 164K)

It was exactly what you think.
It was a silly game.

badly

Post the Sketches, whiteboy.
Have you guys made characters that aren't fishpeople or devil fruit users? Seems like everyone wants to be a fishman.

I made a human Devil Fruit user. He's a kung fu guy

Attached: med.png (448x512, 67K)

You get a shitty phone pic but that's all I have. As I said, it was an impromptu game, so we made it up as we went.

Attached: shitty_onepiece_pic.jpg (3024x4032, 3.91M)

Go to bed, Randall.

In opd20, everybody has 3 "flaws". One of his was "forgetful" and I just really played it up. Our game took place Pre-strawhats so it was supposed to be in his (forgotten) backstory that his whole family got turned to toys by the previous hobby hobby fruit user, and losing so many memories caused him permanent damage. But it never ended up coming up.

Someone there said Akainu was gay.

I've heard of it from dozens of different places over the years. It's not the most popular thing, but you can definitely find a game if you look.

But he is.
Gay for JUSTICE.

Note for GMs running games in the Grand Line.

Don't start your first session of rookie pirstes by reading the backstories of your own original Seven Warlords.

Ugh, awful. Why would you not have characters explained them in game as you meet them one at a time?

But Justice is a woman.

Attached: Astonished.jpg (600x502, 131K)

GM had a hardon for his npcs. Then again the players werent much better. Bunch of misanthropic murder hobos.

Oh yeah, after I left apparently the crew met the secret teenage daughter of Gol D Roger and had to take her somewhere.

Some top science Marine men (likely with a devil fruit user capable of doing so) have been scanning islands for devil fruit powers capable of causing mass destruction. There's been an apocalypse-level blip on their radar due to something/someone eating the Kesu-Kesu Fruit (erase-erase fruit), and they've made the desperate decision of ordering a Buster Call to eradicate the threat before it uses the power to its full potential.

It could be, like, a harmless squirrel or little kid or something that actually ate the fruit, it doesn't matter. What matters is that the Marines know that it's on the island, and they've made the decision to destroy it as fast and as thoroughly as possible (along with everything else on the island) to prevent the chance of a world-ending event, as small as that chance may be.

Buster Calls are reserved for really important world-changing shenanigans, since it requires everyone to drop what they're doing. Maybe they discovered a piece of information that would inspire a new age of pirates and decided the entire island needed to be purged to prevent the news from getting out. Maybe they found some intel that the greatest pirates from around the world were gathering in one tavern for the greatest birthday party ever conceived and wanted to wipe them out for good. Maybe something like what said, where they're just doing it because they believe the world will be destroyed if they don't. Hell, it could be played for laughs and have it done because one noble snob with more power than sense wanted to make an example out of a town he didn't like and had no idea what sort of firepower a Buster Call really was.

>>Sponge fishman cook
Lucky. I wasn't allowed to play my Pistol shrimp fishman because he wasn't a fish or cephalopod.

That could work, though scanning for devil fruit powers seems like a handwave.

sounds exactly like the kind of fanfiction that games get mocked for all the time

It was pretty bad. Fortunately current game is going better.

Reminder that Smoothie is Thick.

Attached: Charlotte_Smoothie_Anime_Infobox.png (1360x1280, 1.92M)

Would the FATE system work okay for One Piece?

Attached: C0073.png (640x512, 174K)

>Competent action characters
>Vaguely defined powers
>Nobody ever dies almost

I guess so.

Anyone want to start a game?

What system you thinking?