Was looking for recommendations for a good Warhammer 40k graphic novel. Regular novels are welcome too

Was looking for recommendations for a good Warhammer 40k graphic novel. Regular novels are welcome too.

Attached: Last_Survivour_Mordian_Iron_Guard.jpg (1024x717, 138K)

Pretty much everything by Haley, but my heart goes to his Baneblade serie, with its short stories. It's Band of Brothers + Fury in 40kDark Imperium and Devastation of Baal are also a good picks to understand what's going on in the new 40k universe.

Everything by Wraight is good as well. Like Dark Imperium, Watchers of the Throne is useful to understand what's going on in the new 40k. Features the cutest "couple" of the setting.

Eye of Medusa by David Guymer is top tier, Iron Hands have never been scarier.

Dead Men Walking by Steve Lyons is one of the most Grimdark 40k novels, top notch. Just be ready for depressing stuff. Down amongst the dead men and Left for Dead by the same author are shorter but equally grimdark.

Deathwatch and Rynn's World by Steve Parker are also top picks, one for the bro-ness and deathwatch fluff and the other for the best Crimson Fists novel.

The Castellan Crowe serie by Annandale is quite good as well. Manages to not make him a Mary Sue, instead making him scary as shit to mortals.

The Night Lords serie and Helsreach by ADB are safe picks as well.

On a related note, Red Tithe by Robbie McNivven fautures NL as well, but most importantly Carcharodons.

Pdf related is also a very good book. Everything a novel about an unknown chapter should be.

And then just read Lexicanum for more fluff and to hear about novels that might interest you really.

Attached: Umbra Sumus.pdf (PDF, 1.41M)

Tankred Endures!

But can he tell why the Emperor loves the taste of Cinnamon Toast Crunch?

Attached: yah0xjU.jpg (1280x1987, 456K)

Deff Skwadron.

Attached: WH 17.jpg (1280x1978, 456K)

And as to graphic novels, Damnation Crusade, Deff Skwadron, The Redeemer and Blood and Thunder are the usual picks.

The new Will of Iron serie is aight, even if the ending feels like the writer said fuck it and handwaved it all.

These are great suggestions. Thanks guys.

What is this?

this

For regular novels I loved Blood Gorgons, excellent look into a chaos marine's world. Is the titan graphic novel worth picking up?

Bloodquest is THE 40k graphic novel.

Just pick up the entire Warhammer Monthly series, and read them all.

Personally a big fan of the Inquisitor series.

Was looking around Amazon and noticed that most were through private sellers. Are they all out of print? Or would places like Barnes and Nobles or Half Priced Books have some?

Uh, why can I not download the PDF?

Dark Imperium was a fucking toy catalogue. I mean I know all the books are only there to sell toys but Dark Imperium was so on the nose about it, I'm surprised they didn't say "available from your local Games Workshop now" after every unit was introduced.

>Warhammer 40k
>good

pick one.

Why post?

to show my disdain for a franchise whose satire has been co-opted in favor of a copy-pasta machine and lacks the substance it once thrived on in order to turn a profit?

I disagree. There were parts where it was indeed obvious Haley had to write the scene around whichever new models the Design Studio had created, but there were some very good parts as well. Pretty much every chapter with Guilliman, especially the last one, with its long discussion about the Emperor's divinity, the reason for his actions and the realisation that he will need to act the same to save the Imperium was very, very good.

Yes user. You're right.

Works fine for me.

The Redeemer

Attached: The Redeemer.jpg (800x1196, 179K)

This. Haley's vision of 8th edition 40k isn't the noblebright shit some people were freaking out about. The whole "Primarchs are returning, rejoice !" thing made me mad at first I must admit Guilliman felt really good as a tragic character in DI. The book was somewhat more depressing than most 40k novels in this regard.

damnation crusade

They do not exist. Read Nemesis the Warlock.

Not that user but for someone like me who doesn't know anything about WH40K other than lore, then it really wouldn't matter. I would have no clue those are new toys or that they're shilling shit

Anyone knows where i can download the novels based on warhammer fantasy? Ive been wanting to read The Rise of the Horned Rat.

Did you go to /wfg/ before?