If tantric magic-users can kill people with their magic like in the attached pic...

If tantric magic-users can kill people with their magic like in the attached pic, does that make tantric magic a better or worse element to include in a high-magic setting?

Attached: Mystic vol36 Tantric Execution.jpg (936x1494, 564K)

Other urls found in this thread:

readcomiconline.to/Comic/Mystic
readcomiconline.to/Comic/Mystic/Issue-36?id=80746
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tantra
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

bump

Oh my sweet jesus, source?

I like the idea of having different magic systems in the same setting. Like different cultures figuring their own ways to use magic, leading to different results. So can have traditional robe and wizard hat magic, kung fu fighting magics, tantric magic, etc.

>Oh my sweet jesus, source?
If I had to guess (and this is a totally off-the-wall guess based ONLY on the filename) I would say OP's image is from issue #36 of Mystic.

Attached: 385243-9205-129991-1-mystic.jpg (403x640, 47K)

bump

And you'd be right.

readcomiconline.to/Comic/Mystic

Save me a trip to /co/ and tell me, what's this comic about? Is it any good?

Okay, that gets a little complicated...

Crossgen was an ambitious new comics company that came out and subsequently died in the early 2000s. Their base-foundation was the Sigilverse, a multiverse (later retconned as different planets in a far-flung science-fantasy future) where a mysterious cosmic being begins granting different individuals on different worlds magical brands, or "Sigils", that grant them various magical powers.

Mystic was their first comic series. It's set on the world of Ciress, a planet that has mastered the use of magic above all else and where everything runs on magic. It's ruled by seven guilds that practice six distinctive types of magic; Dark Magic, Shamanism, Astral Magic, Enchantment, Tantric Magic, Djinn Magic, and Noveau Magic. These Guilds are granted authority because the spirit of the Guild's founding master is passed on as a living reservoir of wisdom and magical power to each successive guild master.

The heroine of the story is Giselle, the magically inept party-girl sister of Genevieve, the incumbent heir to the Noveau Guild. When Giselle is granted her Sigil at her sister's initiation ceremony, its power causes her to unwittingly rip the Guild Spirits away from the guild masters and bind them to herself. This grants her the ability to use all seven kinds of magic, and makes her the mightiest mage to have ever walked Ciress' surface.

Now the spoiled socialite has to do some hard growing up as she becomes caught up in an expanding web of conspiracy and treachery.

That explain it? I personally found it pretty good, and it definitely builds a very distinctive high fantasy world, with all kinds of unique quirks.

That actually sounds like a cool setup. Guess I've got a new series to read.

There's a bunch of related series as well.

I found Meridian, which is about a teenage girl whose Sigil grants her flight and healing abilities on a world where people live on floating islands, to be kind of dull.

Scion is a lot better, as it's a world with advanced technology that has deliberately downgraded itself to a neo-Medieval system, dependent on genetically engineered humanoids as a serf caste.

Then there's the actual Sigil series, which is epic space opera with a dash of space fantasy. Lots of mindless fun there.

bump

That's hot

Fun fact; another spell in the Tantric Mage's arsenal is a perspective flip, which our protagonist actually uses to successfully mind-rape a succubus in one issue.

Did she just eat him?

Yep.
Problem with this in the context of a game is it'd be the most ridiculous save-or-die spell.

Basially. Preceding page is attached, link to the issue as a whole is below.

readcomiconline.to/Comic/Mystic/Issue-36?id=80746

Attached: Mystic vol36 Kiss of Death.jpg (959x1507, 540K)

Unless the victim's soul is actually preserved inside the killer's body and they can be reconstituted if the killer wishes, because Tantric Magic in this setting is big on spiritual communion and merging. This is just a more lethal application of that philosophy.

Well there are other save or die spells, just have it be something like a refluffed disintegrate

>Unless the victim's soul is actually preserved inside the killer's body and they can be reconstituted if the killer wishes
And hello fetish
But yeah, that may make it a bit more than a disintegrate if it acts like trap the soul or something

Actually come to think of it would it be like the psionc power assimilate or so?

What did we ever do to you to deserve this?

This a blatantly obvious fetish thread and should be no part of Veeky Forums. I'm not against sexual content. I just think this should be on /d/ or something similar instead of a blue board.

Just why?

try reading the thread. it's not as bad as you think.

But it's asking about whether or not tantric magic can be including in Veeky Forums settings. That makes it a Veeky Forums thread.

Fucking everything is Veeky Forums related though under this dumbass rule.
>Hey Veeky Forums, have rules for fucking someone up the ass?
>Lel stat me Veeky Forums
>What system would I use for X? Hue hue.
KEEP Veeky Forums PURE FROM OFF TOPIC THREADS! GB2 REDDIT!!!!!!!

What exactly is Tantrism? (Not sure if that's the correct term)

Veeky Forums is and inclusive filter, not an exclusive one

Basically? Magic powered by or stemming from intimacy and sex.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tantra

Sorta figured that from the context it tends to be used in, was just wondering if there was more to it than that
Thanks for the link though

Ok but like, how is there no change in her figure after eating a man whole?

Magic

Maybe it's not a save or die but a swallow whole type effect?
He's not dead yet?

Never shows up in any other issue, so whilst he might be alive, his consciousness is presumably locked away inside of Vashua's body. After all, its shown in a later issue that tantric magic also includes body-swapping.

So, random question; do anons want me to post some of the more impressive magical feats from this comic series, or should I just let this thread die?

I'd be up for it if you want to

That'd be too hot