Warhammer 40000 General /40kg/

>Dark city vice edition

>Breaking News:
warhammer-community.com/2018/03/22/breaking-news-major-revealsgw-homepage-post-1/

>Necron Preview
warhammer-community.com/2018/03/23/preview-the-nephrekh-dynasty-ctan-shards-and-doom-scythesgw-homepage-post-2/

>WHTV Tip of the Day:
youtu.be/5zUMMWSfFQU

>FAQs:
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Megas:
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega:
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Mathhammer:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

>Previous Thread:

Attached: 1521759545965.png (1280x720, 1.18M)

1st for Tempestus Scions

8land edition

I love the Order of Our Martyred Lady!

Attached: Battle_Sister_stairs.jpg (1032x1280, 183K)

who would win the 40k footrace? I reckon it's Genestealers or Raveners

Attached: 1517777081068.jpg (409x360, 31K)

LOOK AT THIS DOOD!

Look at the top of his head!

Look at this lips!

Attached: dude.jpg (1000x1000, 200K)

4th for Fires of Cyraxus

Attached: 1490829852166.jpg (2560x2584, 980K)

8th edition is my favorite edition of 40K I've played to date

Nice.

Attached: Militarum Tempestus.png (584x438, 221K)

What's even the difference with the collectors edition codexes?

Attached: 1521498058906s.jpg (125x125, 3K)

>new deldar SC is wych cult
>have over 1800pts of
My hopes are high. Goddamn I'm hopeful.

Some extra art and a warm fuzzy feeling inside. ie not worth it.

>Dark city vice edition
>no Vect in the codex

Attached: scionanon4.jpg (419x476, 73K)

The main reason I don't like the Armigers is that they don't have a knight mask like the bigger Knights over their mechanical faces.

Attached: 99120108003_ImperialKnightPaladin360.jpg (600x620, 138K)

How should i build my broadside? ive already got two decked out with missles so kinda want to go heavy rail gun route but im not sure how good it is.

Attached: s4.jpg (1032x1280, 180K)

It's the only edition of 40k I've played! And I've only played my free introductory game of Primarius ultra vs DG poxwalkers

Attached: screams internally.jpg (303x322, 45K)

I still prefer 5th.

i still prefer 4th.

but there are a lot about 8th that i would miss if i went back to 4th so whatever

>Drukhari

Attached: 40kDrukhariPreview-Mar26-Header2yer.jpg (1000x509, 56K)

Soon

Attached: Necron_Pariah.jpg (250x247, 17K)

5th was sooooo streamlined compared to 8th, regardless of Paladin spam.

I’m wondering if I’m reading too much into this, but maybe multiple per detachment might be a thing for my DE.

Attached: 8D9620FC-3806-426D-BFF4-A0126EFD21BB.png (750x1334, 212K)

Yes

Attached: 1510882022729.gif (210x209, 37K)

Are Kaballites better off running as 5-man squads in Venoms?

And in this edition, I assume it's still haram to have any footslogging Dark Eldar at all?

Deldar codex leak soon?

It sounds like one trait per detachment, to better reflect the fact that kabals, cults and covens are distinct. Essentially making DE a soup army in itself, and punishing mixing them.

>Vect is dead from old age because it turns out he was half human all along

HRR is disappointing. Too unpredictable and not enough shots to make up for its lack of consistency. Although I haven't used them since the codex dropped.

If you've already got 2 HYMP, maybe give it a go. When 8 first dropped I ran on of each with 4 marker drones and drone controller on the HRR broadside. They performed well together.

Necron within a week, DE within a month.

The Ork Index seems to encourage WAACfaggotry

Go on, take multiple detachments to maximize power!

Attached: divers.png (172x115, 38K)

True. I just read it over again. Maybe some CP bonuses for running more of the +1 CP detachments?

Which Primarchs do people think were taken by what Chaos gods way back when?

Taking multiple detachments is fluffy and not inherently WAAC

Multiple different faction detachments though.

Like those stupid Tyranid detachments with varied bonuses.

It's probably going to be like the Daemon Codex you can go multi-god but you get special bonus' from being a Kabal, Cult or Coven

Ork warbands are frequently made up of different clans.

I'm not surprised this Deldar looks like he had some plastic surgery done.

It’s used almost exclusively by waacfags tho.

Sure, but your 'chapter tactics' should be based on the overall tribe, not the clans, otherwise that's just encouraging bullshit mixed Goffs/Snakebites WAACfaggotry.

I only played 7th so I agree.

The best thing about the HRR over the HMP is that you’re not shoehorned into taking the ATS, though they probably work better in teams to get more consistent hits. HRR, SMS, Shield Gen. Apply a Markerlight somehow, and pray

As soon as squats are reintroduced and plastic sisters come out. So never. Wait...

No, it's the only way mono armies can soup.
>mfw running Bork'an-Enclaves blueberry soup

Why does he wear the mask?

Attached: morty.png (537x496, 79K)

How can raveners win a foot race if they have no feet?

Hes a gross guy.

lol

So, yes. Waacfaggotry. It's used almost exclusively to make your army more powerful.

To keep the germs in

HRR is finally decent especially if you're Sa'cea

How should I kit out a scion squad or two

Attached: 1486536381837.png (134x96, 34K)

Means nothing.

I disagree. Stacking chapter tactics isn't bullshit. Doing something like painting Ultramarines and using the RG rules for -1 to hit is the problem.

Wanting your army to be more powerful is not WAAC. Yikes dude

Wut? Making an army that is capable of at least competing with imperial or chaos soup doesn't make it WAAC, it means of like to be able to play a game that lasts more than 2 turns.

looks like taking it off would be quite difficult

Was your first faction love at first sight or did you carefully pick it over other possible options? I basically instantly knew I wanted to play Orkz.

Attached: 600px-Orks_attack3.jpg (600x424, 94K)

For an individual such as yourself

I ain't a ritful WAAAGH!!! if ya don't gather up all da right boyz fer da fightin'. Ya dumm git.

Attached: 1492307718116.png (811x608, 587K)

You can hardly argue it's a fluffy option though.

Pee Ew

It makes more sense for anyone who isnt tyranids and loyalist space marines.

>>t'au sept line force being rescued by an elite cadre of farsight enclave battlesuits
>>an ulthwe seer council colluding with the autarch of a biel tan Craftworld war host
>>multiple ork clans banded together under the biggest boss
>>the scattered forces of several chaos lords and sorcerers bounded across former legions in a blood pact of unity through shared vengeance to make one warband.

Plasmas

Why not? Forces cooperate all the time in the setting

Third edition rulebook was my first exposure, so Imperium looked really good. After I learned a bit more, Orks jumped ahead of the pack.

>loyalist space marines.
There are examples of multiple chapters engaged in the same campaign/battlefield so even this can happen reasonably

Post stories from your games today
>trying out new Knight Armigers. Talking shop with a few people about how theyre worse Relic Contemptors but not terrible
>Guard player says "Well Relic Contemptors are over powered anyway."
>We all look at him, baffled
>Hes bringing a Cadian Stormlord full of dudes in a supreme command detachment and basilisks and massed infantry.
But hey, look out for those dreadnoughts.

Attached: they really are just worse dreads.png (853x538, 1.23M)

Have you been paying attention? Armies combine forces all the time. The Tau codex actually states that resources are drawn from multiple Septs to launch the next spheres of expansion.

If I have 3 different detachments, an Imperium one, a pure IG one, and say, a Blood Angels one, which stratagems can I use? Does my warlord matter? If my warlord is Celestine in the imperium detachment, can I only use the 3 basic ones because her faction doesn't get any. or can I use any factions stratagems but only on their units?

How is a farsight suit wing not fluffy

False syllogism, just because it's almost exclusively used by WAAC players doesn't mean that using makes you WAAC.

>Stacking chapter tactics isn't bullshit.
>*Spams RG scouts that are -1 to hit and have a 2+Sv in cover*
>*Spams UM Devastators that reroll everything*
Sure pal.

You’re just upset because he skillfully outplayed you by bringing more bodies

Literally the only issue here is -1 to hit.

Any tips for dealing with/killing coldstar commanders? I'm playing AdMech and/or BA with Celestine and assassins support.

>Bork'an-Enclaves blueberry soup
Mind to share the list? I want to do this too

It's not that it's not fluffy, it's that it's exclusively taken for non-fluff reasons. A tabletop army of one faction better represents the (fraction) of an actual battle happening. I think its slightly less fluffy than the alternative, one faction trait per army, and I think the way it's used, for mechanical advantage, is about the least fluffy thing there is.

I'm not saying get rid of it, and I'm certainly not saying Imperium soup is better, just...don't say it's about fluff. It isn't.

Onager with Icarus array should do it.

First exposure was the Ultramarines Omnibus.

I really liked Ventris and Lysane.

So yeah kinda love at first sight, I ended up painting my Marines as my own custom Dudes though.

You don’t, they’re our only good unit besides strike teams.

Just because he thinks the Relic contemptors are OP doesn’t mean he doesn’t know his own unit is more OP.

Oh, then I’m sure WAACfags use soup because it’s the fluff of their army.
>”These hive fleets aren’t eating each other because of a fluffy mutual agreement! The fact that they use Kronos and Kraken rules is a coincidence!”

Is there a semi-viable army i can make out of this? Im not talkng tourney levels of competetive but something that wont get me tabled at a LGS

Attached: 44CC8BA6-5E60-42C9-B70C-CC9A5E3E35C9.png (1337x1070, 366K)

It's a character, Onager, will likely not be able to target it.

I’m sorry that you suffer from severe brain damage.

Tau codex alone has multiple stories of Sept X dropping in from manta strike to rescue Sept Y from being overrun.

I am 100% confident this happens in other sources as well.

>scouts
>ever better than "luke-warm"
They are their to poke and not die and even that they only do half well.

The +2 in cover equates to a tac in cover, but at least the tac has a 3+ to fall on if the attack ignores cover.

I didnt fight him, an AL player did and blew up his SL turn two because he didn't bubble wrap it well enough. I didnt catch the rest of the game because I was playing my own.

Even so, a Relic Contemptor? That's where he draws the line? I shudder to think how he feels about Tau and Eldar.

Since they're designed as self reliant and contained forces, it just doesn't make a ton of sense outside of a very high points game where the resources of one company have already been deployed. Like, sure, they fight side by side, but it's definitely less normal than for chaos warbands or ork waaghs

Think i will go HRR with plasma or something.

Warlord affects relics. Imperium detachment don't get to use shit except for the universal strategems. Only pure IG and BAs get to use their own.

any word on how their codex looks in terms of unit stats and such?

>”These hive fleets aren’t eating each other because of a fluffy mutual agreement! The fact that they use Kronos and Kraken rules is a coincidence!”
Aren't all the hive fleets controlled by the same mind, you know the one that is commanding other hive fleets to leave some biomass behind for Kronos because Kronos doesn't get that much.

no

Alright, thanks user.

>Playing Superheavies outside Apoc
>Mfw
I'm a guard player and even I'm disgusted.

Attached: 1517314541606.png (412x393, 51K)

>don't say it's about fluff. It isn't.
Except when it is. There are reasons to take multiple faction detachments for purely fluff reasons. "Muh WAAC" and "Muh fluff" whining is one of the worse things about this community. It's all just a cheap cop out used to shit on how other people play the game and act like your dudes are inherently superior just because you don't do X.

Unless you’re bork’an that would be a little awkward with 24” ranges camping backline