Childhood is idolizing Viconia. Adulthood is realizing Aerie makes more sense

Childhood is idolizing Viconia. Adulthood is realizing Aerie makes more sense.

Attached: 1469555331544.jpg (2474x704, 860K)

Childhood is idolizing Qara. Adulthood is realizing that Sand makes more sense.

Attached: Qara.jpg (800x600, 39K)

Wouldn't that be the opposite?
Aerie, while annoying, is the classic save the broken girl and end up with a family archetype.
Viconia is banging your head against a brick wall until you eventually get to fuck it, then banging your head against it a bit more to keep it that way.

Jaheira is my half elven milf waifu.

Aerie doesn't make sense for anyone.

Sand is indeed a top tier husbando though.

>cucking your trusted companion from beyond the grave

>tfw my childhood was idolizing Viconia. My adulthood is still idolizing Viconia.

I see.

Attached: animay.png (439x401, 41K)

Windmills do not work that way

Attached: fair enough.gif (277x454, 123K)

It's what Khalid would have wanted user.

I am pretty sure he would rather you didn't fuck his wife and just resurrected him instead or something.

Any pick other than Aerie is a fine pick

I've never seen anyone that likes Qara more than Sand.

But the creepy Druid that has been stalking your character and is supposed to be a romance for a male character is the worst.

The tiefling girl is so much better.

Offscreening characters like that between the games was stupid.

I think it made sense how they did it (but I understand they've now released some kind of 'fill in the gaps' DLC) and gave you a big reason to be against Irenicus if you were coming from the first game. Khalid and Dynaheir could easily have died when the party was initially captured or during torture, and Irenicus probably knows enough to make them unresurrectable.

>giving a shit about the romances
It's just a mini-game of "pick the nice answer no matter what" and it's designed poorly, because if you want to experience them, it limits character creation. Gaider thought all Dwarves are loli/shota and thought it was creepy, so no romances for them. Viconia wants to fuck Half-Orcs even though she has a massive disdain towards most races and detests regular Wood Elves. Aerie wants to fuck gnomes because her adoptive dad was one.

Romances in all RPGs are mechanically redundant and not even that well written.

Although, on that note, it's worth noting that Aerie becomes more stalwart and hard-ass in her banter in Throne of Bhaal, and Viconia becomes softer, especially with the option to turn her away from Evil alignment.

>Aerie wants to fuck gnomes because her adoptive dad was one.
This sounds pretty legit though. Do you not know any women with daddy issues?

>(but I understand they've now released some kind of 'fill in the gaps' DLC)
It doesn't even do that great of a job. Your party during Baldur's Gate itself doesn't matter; it's just that at the end of the DLC, you are told you must leave the city quickly because your Bhaal taint is fucking too much shit up, and Imoen is already awaiting you at the gates at night with some good, old, trusted friends (Khalid, Jaheira, Minsc, Dynaheir, doesn't matter if you killed them or not), and you go on your adventure that culminates in BG2.

>"pick the nice answer no matter what"
that actually derails it a few times.
Viconia especially requires you to actually think about what she'd want to hear; if you're just nice to her she'll think you're a faggot.

>Gaider thought all Dwarves are loli/shota and thought it was creepy
Is Gaider fucking retarded?

>Romances in all RPGs are mechanically redundant and not even that well written.

You need to play more JRPGs.

Attached: 1511109408444.jpg (329x244, 28K)

All the new companions added to the EE version of Baldur's Gate were shit, right?

It's always gonna be possible to game RPGs because you can look up the answers, but I thought the first Dragon Age also did this pretty well where if you went with generic nice answers there were a ton of characters who wouldn't be impressed.

>(but I understand they've now released some kind of 'fill in the gaps' DLC
for the love of god avoid it like the plague.
It's bugged up the ass with no signs of a fix, and for some utterly bizarre reason they decided to give a spotlight to the character who promptly sells you out to werewolves in BG2.

Yeah, that just sounds like a bit of a nostalgia cash-in.

I think Divinity is probably the real successor to Baldur's Gate as a franchise, with Divinity 2.

That's one reason Sten is good.
You really have to listen to him to get his approval, and he'll actually like you if you tell him to fuck off when he goes too far.

He was laid off Beamdog as a writer even though he genuinely has the most experience out of all the shit writers they have, and his stupid opinions alienated a hefty chunk of the Bioware fanbase.
She always continues on with the romance though; there's a few points during Vicky's romance when she asks you a loaded question, and any answer you give is wrong:
>act like a power-hungry Bhaalspawn and she calls you overachieving and a brute
>act like a do-gooder and she calls you a weakling
and then she apologises, asks to have sex, and then hates you/loves you again.
Really, the only roadblocks are:
>need to refuse to have sex with Aerie the first time (you can still continue the romance with high Charisma)
>need to refuse Haer'dalis challenge if he's in the party
>not fuck Phaere with Aerie in the party no matter what (Jaheira and Viconia forgive you)

Childhood is idolizing the Practical Incarnation
Adulthood is realizing the Paranoid Incarnation made more sense

Attached: the nameless one.jpg (255x417, 17K)

Once he put the Toupee on, he went off the rails.
It's hard to remember the fact that Gaider was once a man who went out of his way to make a free mod for fans he thought deserved more than what he could officially give.

Attached: passive aggressive little bitch (noun) David Gaider 1.png (521x487, 55K)

Sten and Morrigan are awful for completionists though, because they bitch and moan about every possible sidequest you might possibly take. Yes, it's easy enough to turn them friendly again with just gifts (and not even the uber DLC ones), but it's still annoying.

>Adulthood is realizing Aerie makes more sense.

If your idea of adulthood is being a tard wrangler, I guess.

I was really surprised to find out the druidess was meant to be a romance option, yeah. I think I'd played the game at least a couple of times already, and found out from a walkthrough guide. She's ugly, a weird fucking stalker, not the least bit compelling, and she doesn't actually show any affection for you unless you go out of your way to make her warm up to you. First time I ended up killing her at the druid glade and was like, well, whatever.

I went with Leliana, Alistair and Wynne (as a human noble dude with sword & board)

I liked them both as companions because you do have to work a bit to get to their real character (which isn't what they first present) and they come across as having a real distinct personality. Which in the first game I don't feel that Leliana and Alistair do so much.

Yeah, those are good parts of their characters. I just really wish that a lot of it wasn't locked away behind obtuseness. It really doesn't matter because you can just gain rep points away, but it still feels stupid to be experiencing the game world and have 1-2 NPCs constantly complain that you're having fun. Morrigan can't even be called a bitch without her throwing a fit about that too, and she constantly belittles Alistair.

>Viconia wants to fuck Half-Orcs even though she has a massive disdain towards most races and detests regular Wood Elves
Half-orcs are big buff dickmachines, wood elves are twiggy treehuggers. What do you think a thirsty evil elfslut goes for?

>Viconia wants to fuck Half-Orcs
Is this something specific?

No, just an autistic way to say that she will romance a half-orc. The user does have a point though that it is a little silly, given that she's basically a racial supremacist who hates other elves even and deigns to mate with a human (while making it clear that it's your blood that makes you worthy, not your race). To the drow orcs are filthy beasts so it makes little sense that Viconia would be willing to overlook that for the Bhaalspawn.

So this thread is about BG as well as NWN, but how can you talk about the deaths between games in Baldur's Gate without mentioning Neverwinter where it LITERALLY invokes "Rocks Fall, Most of the original party Died"

Because it is widely accepted that NWN's main plot and everything attached to it is fucking garbage so no one was surprised when that happened.

As I recall, she'll go for humans, half orcs and half elves.
The latter is hilarious when that she insults Jaheira over it right in front of you.

Mask of the Betrayer is lit though.

Its sort of annoying how you start fighting apprentice wizards that are level 20+ due to the system involved.

Why can't you go back and bring back Khalid once you get resurrection?

Attached: frodo.jpg (600x599, 43K)

Because Irenicus royally desecrated the corpse

Resurrection not raise dead.

True, although it is a weird Thayan school in the first place right?

This is a super comfy thread BTW Veeky Forums, thank you.

Because how would you fuck Jaheira then?

You know what's worse than NWN's main plot?

Baldur's Gate novelization

Why would you want to fuck Jaheira? Her inclusion as a love interest is nonsense.

We don't talk about that round thee parts

I'm pretty sure that it's mentioned at the start, and Irenicus was enough of a dick to make sure nobody was ever coming back and powerful enough to make it stick.
I could be wrong, though.

Maturity is realizing Jaheira is the best

>not wanting to have hot cheating aunt sex with a sexy milf elf with a big bush
wow maybe you're not the son of Bhaal after all...

>milf
Can't remember, did J & K even have any kids?

Nobody needs to play shitty JRPGs.

Because his corpse is desecrated beyond resurrection. A thoroughly mutilated body is much harder to bring back to life. Also you can't "go back" because Irenicus' entire dungeon was collapsed, and I'm sure after his performance in the promenade, the cowled wizards would've plundered it completely.

Childhood is doing evil to please Viconia. Manhood is redeeming her with your love, power, and ball-slapping Lawful Good crusades to her cervix.

Don't think so.

I liked Qara for some reason, maybe because it gives me chaotic options for a lawful character, just like Neeshka. She also has a lot of cut content which is why Sand is not as rational as he seems to be when it comes to Qara. It's implied in cut content that one of the reason Sand hates her is that her father fired him from the Academy. Sand also comes to believe that she's a bigger threat than the King of Shadows. In a cut scene Sand comes to do his typical lecture stuff about controlling her powers. After getting her angry and releasing her full powers which terrifies him. This shows that Qara is already keeping a significant bit her powers in check.

Part of it is left on the ending if you influence is bigger with Qara than Sand.

Attached: qara__no_restraint_by_theminttu.jpg (758x1053, 130K)

Well, at least she volunteers herself for the Trial by Combat.

True.
But there's tons of non-shitty JRPGs.

Why bring back Bhaal and make BG pointless?

Attached: Deities.jpg (2431x3490, 2.11M)

Because he's much more interesting and cooler than the gods who replaced him.

>Baldur's Gate novelization
Oh man, that's some bad memories right there. Absel is just the worst. They had to pick a protag and they picked the worst possible combination of traits. Fucking terrible.

Myrkul at least makes sense, he was teased through 3e with the Crown of Horns. Bhaal returning for realsies is a little lame but that's WotC for you: lame as fuck.

Wasn't he literally worse than Bhaal?

>it's a red headed and bearded bartended Minsc episode

>Myrkul

How can he come back when I exorcising him or devour him?

Absel was, IIRC, a Lawful Good human fighter who was just about as whitebread as you can get.

Nah, he was a cunt

He was in theory.
In practise the only reason he might not be classed as evil is because one could argue he lacked the mental capacity for it. He was dumb enough to fuck Bohdi, for god's sake.
That former part applies to pretty much everyone in the novels, incidentally.

Did she go to hell for making deals with devils and demons to save the party? Is this why she can't come back?

Attached: Shandra.jpg (468x728, 41K)

>Go from BG1 to BG2
>Imoen goes from a lockpicking monkey to a thief/mage utility power house
>Gets taken away
>Spend half the game trying to get her back
>Finally get her back
>Turns out she's your sister
>mfw

Attached: w-what.png (1273x953, 1.83M)

>when youve broken through a girl her tough outside and she lets down her guard because she wants to be loved too much to resist anymore

Attached: 1462147956957.jpg (1920x1080, 355K)

>paranoid incarnation
>making sense
thats obviously the practical incarnation pretending to be the paranoid incarnation.

Attached: 1462149523725.jpg (1920x1080, 284K)

She's only your half-sister, user.

Attached: 1445695675422.jpg (600x602, 28K)

>Turns out she's your sister
that just makes it hotter

Reminder the Imoen romance mod was THE most popular mod for BG2.

Attached: Baldur's Gate Imoen.png (1024x768, 930K)

Shit taste, just made her seem needy, weak and boring after that point.

That mod is a fucking travesty man.

Looks like the flirt pack mod to me.
In case that screenshot isn't enough, I'd advise against it.

>let herself in with someone after a long time
>hmm why does she seem to offload all her interpersonal needs on me

Well, she was going to get inevitably killed without further though at the Spellhold bit of Baldur's Gate 2. Also, the only reason she exist at all is because they found out that the first dungeon in Baldur's Gate was too hard without any thief at the start.

What is this with Veeky Forums and the urge to fuck emotionally unstable cripples?

Attached: 2012-02-02-472314.jpg (2350x917, 1.05M)

Played with it my last playthrough, yeah.

> wanting an emotionally weak partner
pleb.
It's the usual "oh she's only tough because she's hurting inside, trust, love, and cock can fix that". Eh if that was the case she wasn't really strong to begin with. It's a classic and appealing fantasy, but it ruins her character imho. Aerie is better in all ways if you want something like that.

Jaheira is probably the best-written one imho, if going just on that.

I don't like Sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere.

Lilly is best girl in the game

Attached: 87b.jpg (800x600, 177K)

Eh, I heard the writing was shit in those games

Can Veeky Forums tell me if this is true? I'm considering buying Divinity 2.

The writing of 2 is meant to be a serious improvement over 1, which is dull fantasy blandness.

Dragon Commander is still the best when it comes to writing

>Dragon Commander
Damn this looks awesome.

>Not fucking your half-sister
What are you, queer?

It doesn't count between Gods and Demigods

Nobody replaced Bhaal unless Absel became a demigod, or if you consider Cyric Bhaal's replacement. Really though, Bhaal's portfolio was crap. It was literally just murder.

The gameplay is pretty rubbish. When user compliments the writing, he is pretty much referring to political skits and waifu plotlines. Which are generally good, but the skeleton of a plot hung on them and the gameplay get really bad towards the middle/end part of the game.

I think Divinity 2 is exactly the kind of game someone would make if they were making Baldur's Gate 2 for 2017. That sounds kind of obtuse but I guess I'm trying to say it does have flaws: what feel like moments of DM intervention in the plot, some NPCs who feel like DMPCs, tons of dialogue even where it's not needed or necessary. But fuck it is a good fucking game. There's so much freedom in the actions you can choose and the characters you can build, and it has all the strengths of a big sprawling chosen one RPG like Baldur's Gate 2 as well. I would very heartily recommend it.

You can 'skip' alot of the battles by playing on easier difficulty and auto-concluding?

You only really need to play the first couple of each section to give yourself and edge and win with minimal forces before you get the chance to build up.

Neither one makes sense.
Regeneration would fix Aerie-
And the rules of Drow Level progression would have literally had Lloth's avatar show up when Viconia hit 20th level- or turn into a Drider for rejecting Drow society. At an earlier level (See Vault of the Drow Trials of lloth article.)

Viconia, setting wise is objectively the best ending, and is of course 99% better than what happened to Minsc, you, and Corvan in lore. I'd have killed to seen Waterdeep embroiled in Drow Slaves left and right thanks to the work of your Godsblooded half-blooded offspring leading Underdark Crusades under the mantle of the FUCK DROW Elf deity or just on his own with his followers, forcing Drow out of their cities and to a similar situation like with the Valsharess in NWN, or otherwise, effectively letting the Derro, Illithid and Aboleth increase in number as a result which bites everyone in the ass later, there's all sorts of stuff you can work with that alone.

Instead, Minsc got turned into stone, Imoen Dyked up, Viconia died alone, and painfully, and probably got eaten by Lloth, Coran got fat and became a useless buerocrat, Minsc get's unstoned and becomes a social commentary regurgitating identity politics bot who is now so retarded he thinks an OC donut steel girl no one cares about is that awfully written Enhanced edition Neera, and then goes to POZravenloft to meet the oh-so progressive bi-strahd and his stripped of anything compelling characterwise setting with a Van Richten that has no right to be there due to the utter lack of anything remotely associated with everything good even the 3.5 expedition remake had or the better 2e one for that matter.

NWN2 is just an excercise in the reality that FR is a horrible setting with horrible deities and the only way to beat the system is to break it so hard you become Elder Evil, kill the gods, and leave the setting to be free of the oppressive alignment system.