Warhammer 40,000 /40kg/

>I'll wear your sister as a hat edition

>Breaking News:
warhammer-community.com/2018/03/22/breaking-news-major-revealsgw-homepage-post-1/

>Necron Preview
warhammer-community.com/2018/03/23/preview-the-nephrekh-dynasty-ctan-shards-and-doom-scythesgw-homepage-post-2/

>WHTV Tip of the Day:
youtu.be/5zUMMWSfFQU [Open]

>FAQs:
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Megas:
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega:
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Mathhammer:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

>Previous Thread:

Attached: kt4TNsF_d.jpg (564x708, 56K)

1rd for chaos

I'm not talking about Chaos Termies.

Nth for X

For Da Boyz

Attached: [Waaagh Intensifies].gif (480x270, 1.28M)

Any good source for braziers or stuff? I want to deck out my armiger in some fancy shit

Nth for does anyone have ideas for chaplain conversions?

5th for codex and new SC!

Why are tau girls so cute?

Attached: 1521749045146.jpg (2500x3500, 1.14M)

Ok so I'm thinking about coming back to Warhams now my kids have grown up a bit.
Last time I played was at the end of 2nd Edition so it's probably been longer than you lot have been alive.
What's happened since? Did they Are of Sigmar the setting? Does it suck now? My army used to be the imperial guard, have they still got cool stuff? What's the most interesting unit or thing you've seen?
>go look on the store
No I'm having an oldfag crisis and want to hear user talk to me about it.

*or fiery stuff

Because you're a weeb who likes poorly drawn cartoon girls and other people who like T'au make poorly drawn cartoon girls.

I hear it's a tactic

Attached: Then+have+moar+delicious+xeno+heresy+_bd4abbea0bb8cd2da9564809c124d319.jpg (900x1273, 187K)

*shoots your warlord and mounts his head above his fireplace*

Attached: 1519698012585.jpg (800x800, 105K)

Now only 14 points in Forgebane stats!

>Poorly drawn
>that blue ass

I only started this edition, but a lot of interesting things I saw in 7th for example is now gone.

I've no idea how 8th compares to 2nd.

Attached: 1522004967184.jpg (604x516, 50K)

Bruhhh, look at this dood!

Look at the top of his head!

Look at this lips!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Attached: dude.jpg (1000x1000, 200K)

>oldfag here
What the fuck are these? They're awesome.

What the fuck is that?

So it sounds like to get faction bonuses for DE we need a detachment each for kabal, cult and coven. Won't this put us at a massive disadvantage? I needed just another HQ to make the outrider I have a brigade, but now it'll be two patrols.

Also, what do we think of the new SC? Looks like wyches, a venom, more fucking reavers that I really hope get a discount as I have them coming out my ears, and a succubus.

>reddit spacing

>What the fuck are these? They're awesome.
Skitarii

>What the fuck is that?
blueberry cheesecake

>derisively asking to be spoonfed
>plays guard
Checks out. Your faction is still for nazis and losers, if that's what you want. The game is net the same, some lore has gotten better other stuff worse, big change is that most factions are losing the touch of grimdark and either moved to more mainstream sci-fi heroism or over the top grit. Virgin everyone v CHAD mechanicum

Skitarii Rangers from the Adeptus Mechanicus army man. Look them up, you're in for a treat.

The new SC! is pretty wank, but for me that's mainly because I dislike Wyches. I also feel like they're niche compared to the general DEldar playstyle.

But those that love Wyches will like it, I'm sure.

You've posted this in three threads and I still don't even know what you're talking about.

Do you mean that the archon guy looks human?

Because your reproductive instincts are defective

These guys really are the best. 5 man squad is 85 points. My opponents literally keep their HQs in their deployment zone and out of LOS for the entire game. And during that time, my snipers can take pot shots at light vehicles because they're just that badass.

And another garbage OP

The adeptus mechanicus have models now? Holy shit.

Attached: 51cb5e019205d.jpg (670x454, 36K)

I don't know why you're jumping to that sort of a conclusion but you're retarded and should feel bad.

His face looks so fat.

I see eldar players haven't changed

>now
They have had them for a long time

Oh wow. Ok well say goodbye to college kids.

Attached: 99020116022_AdeptusMechanicusArmy01.jpg (920x950, 139K)

The archon looks retarded, he looks like a fatso with down syndrome.

I have been away for a long time. Last thing I remember was getting a free Necron on a white dwarf.

Yeah, especially good against Tau and Guard who have squishy characters that give them powerful buffs.

Yep, they feel like pretty much the last 40k faction in 40k, all the others have lost that perfect touch of sentimentalism and satire.
>best models
>best lore
>most unique group in the setting
>actually feel grimdark
Are other factions even trying?

I'm looking to add a few chaplains to my army, but since I don't want to spend 80-100 for a couple models, I'm planning on kitbashing some of the marine sprues I already have. Only thing I'm missing are the skull helmets and their pimp sticks. Are there any kits that I can use to get good counts as pieces?

Best waifus too.

Attached: 1520792646935.jpg (755x1057, 88K)

Am I missing something? Thousand Sons daemon princes seem straight up better than normal chaos space marines. 4++ vs a 5++ and can cast 2 powers for the same price.

Attached: Shit bagel.jpg.png (257x258, 167K)

My wallet AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: IMG_0243.jpg (171x183, 33K)

Convert crozius, acquire FW NL legion helmets, convert, then ask why your retarded ass wanted multiple chaplains of all things then didn't even get the amazing models for them

skull helmets will be the hardest to find. It used to be Anvil Industries did some decent skull helmets but they discontinued those. However Puppetswar has some great skull helmets that fit perfectly for chaplains.
As for the crozius, just take a thunder hammer or a power maul, cut off the end, and stick a banner topper on it.

GW needs catgirl minis.

lol

What's everyone hoping for in terms of Kabal, Cult, Coven Traits?

I'd like the return of something like splinter racks for a kabal, an advance and charge trait for cults and an enhanced FNP for covens

Attached: beckjann dark eldar reaver.jpg (900x771, 66K)

Puppetswar has skull helmets. Reiver heads can also work

multiple chaplains USED to make sense in 7th
>mfw converted three interrogator chaplains for dark angels at the end of 7th ed
>mfw they're now useless in 8th

Attached: concerned chaplain.png (157x131, 31K)

If you're of the opinion that 8th ed is too bland, how would you fix it?

Tell me of the other factions? Do you mean things like nids, orks and Space Marines aren't the same?

Also what the fuck is an Astra Militarum? Those are guardsmen. The plastic Cadians aren't all that pretty sadly now I see them.

Attached: 99120105070_AstraMilitarumBattlegroup01.jpg (920x950, 142K)

>Ok well say goodbye to college kids.

I got a full army for about £200, what kind of shitty college were you planning to send your kids too?

Ask marine players for spare Reiver helmets, they look good for chaplains

Mostly due to
>Codex: Drukhari isn’t just your guide to one army, it’s your guide to three, featuring in-depth rules for theKabals,Haemonculus CovensandWych Cultsthat inhabit Commorragh.

Re-reading that part of the article it does feel like I'm jumping to conclusions, though.

tell me about it man i just spent £150 on two boxes of the Forgebane set for like, half the models of a box so I can sell them and I've got it for basically nothing but i'm just so unmotivated to get it shifted

How exactly do you play a poxwalker heavy list?
I've seen a lot of lists with lots of poxwalkers, tiphus and shit but I don't really get how do you win games with that, they are too slow to do anything.

>Another user joins the ranks of beep-boops

Attached: 1511996367127.jpg (640x267, 18K)

It's a meme.

swap out the fucking reroll auras for something more interesting
there, fixed it

He's memeing because these are American posting hours which means maximum shitposting. Every faction is more or less the same. The biggest things you need to learn are Dark Imperium and the events leading up to it. Cadia got blow up, Magnus, Mortarion, and Guilliman are back, and there are a new breed of space marines chucklefucking around the galaxy.

Attached: dbEhuvl.jpg (700x467, 75K)

A MK III helmet with the faceplate painted bone and a black horizontal line across the grills looks like a skull kinda

CSM DPs are the worst except for access to Dark Hereticus (making TS ones strictly better as they get it too). DG ones as well as Daemon Codex ones for all four gods have a ton more options.

Anybody have any experience with pic related? Does it fit on the back of a standard Guard Flak Chest well?

I can't decide if I want to go one of two ways for my Scions-Counts-As:

>Cadian Hostile Environ Chest/Torso
>Scion Arms (cords cut)
>Scion Legs

OR

>Cadian "Normal" Chest
>Cadian Rebreather Heads
>Grav-Chute Backpack
>Scion Arms (cords cut)
>Scion Legs

Fluff is that they're the "heavy hitters" of a Rogue Trader Dynasty, supported by "standard" Guard elements (the Rogue Trader is a former Guard Lord-Commander who knew his shit but was a bad politician). They drop from the sky and shoot people in the face at point-blank range or they act as "grenadiers" deploying via Chimera or Gunship (fuck Tauroxes).

Attached: Grav-Chutes.jpg (920x950, 48K)

I was attempting to be funny. I won't try it again.
These walking toasters are amazing. Has anyone drawn a smiley face on that blank "visor" bit yet?

Attached: 170px-Kastelan.jpg (170x229, 17K)

How can you say that when the Sisters won’t be updated until next year? The Sisters of Battle can’t have lost their “40k”ness because they haven’t been given the privilege of change in nearly 2 decades!

I think the biggest problem is the wound rolls. Making everything wound anything makes mass-firepower the best "strategy" and removes the use of unique/elite lists.

I want a 3+ poison Kabal, -1 to hit cult, and an advance and charge Coven.

But user, by and large the only reroll auras are on Marines. Which, granted, are like half the total armies easily.

They also hit like absolute trucks. Generally poor mobility, no psykers, no flyers, no transports, utterly spectacular damage with teleporting bricks of melee or dakka fortresses that can shred Daemon Primarchs and quite tough. Soon to have their model range more than doubled with an IA book.

No, but some user did these.

Attached: Thinking Kasty.png (1397x1020, 2.05M)

Haemonculus Covens finally get rules. Finally

Foc never

Robute is back? Wasnt he in a fridge with the cases of Stella?
>New breed of space marines
Oh god. Of course there are.

This is such an odd feeling.
>wait a minute
That's a baneblade!
Did 40K just eat epic?

Attached: 99120105051_Baneblade01.jpg (920x950, 62K)

this
its part of the reason why tau are so overpowered now
>wound vehicles on 5s by default
>can stack two +1 wound abilities/strategems to have normal weapons wound vehicles on 3s
glancing rhinos is one thing
blasting apart leman russes is another

theyd just give them burkas anyway

Make generic hqs more than glorified baby-sitters. I'm tired of just seeing Celestine and Bobby G's return.
Retcon big Robert's return. "Moving the story forward" was retarded, 40k is better as a static setting.
Shift back towards campy, over the top, 80s metal album cover grimdarkness. The new lore feels bland as fuck and doesn't quite "get" 40k's appeal.
BOOBPLATE

Those are the main things for me, I'm enjoying 8th as a game well enough, though I live in a super casual area so I can't say much about balance. My problems are with GW phasing out the things I liked about 40k in the first.

Rate my horrible tempestus-soup list that I keep posting. Someone asked what I'd do to expand it so I put together this for it at the 2k point level.

2x MT Battalions (They're identical but one Tempestor Prime has a powersword instead of a chainsword) (452 points each)
In each battalion there is:
2x Tempestor Primes w/Command Rod

5x Scions, with 4 lasguns and a plasma pistol
5x Scions, with 4 lasguns and a plasma pistol

5x Scions, with 2 lasguns, plasma pistol and 2 plasma guns

4x Command Scions, 4x Plasma Gun
4x Command Scions, 4x Plasma Gun

Then, an Imperium Vanguard Detachment, 1090 points.
Celestine, w/ both Geminae

3x Eversor Assassin
1x Callidus Assassin
2x Culexus Assassin

2x Nephilim Jetfighters, each with a twin Lascannon, a twin heavy bolter and two blacksword missile launchers.

>inb4 "Not tempestus because your soup detachment is more points"
I dont have an army yet either and so I'm thinking about building a smaller version of this for my first army

One user did ^__^ on his ones. I didn't save the pic but it looked funny.

I like the idea of them using shit like that because they're DAoT tech and the AdMech understand even less about them than they do most other tech.

>Did 40K just eat epic?
exactly how long have you been in a coma?

Attached: 450px-Knight_Errant_of_Freeblade_Garantius[1].jpg (450x323, 27K)

>pic
I love it.
>IA book
I am sorry user. What's IA? Is that what we call Army Books and Codexes now?

How long were you gone?

Because they're drawn incorrectly with exaggeratedly human and cute features

>BOOBPLATE
whats wrong with boobplate?

Yes. Epic was discontinued and its models have been slowly rolled into the standard 40k.

Guilliman got brought back to life thanks to the new Eldar god who also appeared leading into Dark Imperium.

Attached: 1495148398538.jpg (960x720, 118K)

Xth for Bretonnia in space

WAKE UP user YOU'VE BEEN IN A COMA FOR 37 YEARS

Attached: ohzrd5t.jpg (666x570, 69K)

>its part of the reason why tau are so overpowered now
ahahahaha look at this dude

Imperial Armour. It's the supplement of rules meant for Forgeworld units

>amazing chaplain models

Probably gonna get flak for this, but I don't really like the look of most of the chaplain models. The terminator chaplain is probably the only one I'd buy outright. I'm doing this most because I don't like getting just one of a character unit, especially if they come with multiple loadouts, and I figure having one or 2 chaplains in an assault heavy army would be good. I also have a thing about having lore friendly organizational numbers

>Puppetswar or Reiver heads
I'll look into it, thanks

I actually did something similar with librarians. Bought a pair of grey knights strike team boxes so I could use their swords for another project, and ended up using the staves, back pieces, and a couple of the swords for librarians. The storm bolter arms have come in handy too

I am very old and haven't really kept up with 40K.

It's the Canticle for Leibowitz stuff I loved most about them. The idea that because your ultimate murder tank was originally designed with a microwave means they all have to have one. Even if no one has seen a hot pocket in millenia.

If I had to guess it's more likely the type of hq you take will limit what "chapter tactics" you can take, or that each set if chapter tactics will have a different effect on kabal, wych and coven units.

Nothing, it's cool.
A lot of people are asking Sisters ditch it because it's impractical, leading to some anxiety that gw will ditch it and ruin Sisters' aesthetic

tau infantry spam is a sleeping giant
once the more brain-dead waacfags get over mechspam and realise this you will see 200+ firewarrior lists that delete half your army on turn one
>but I play armor guard-
half your army

>play Admech vs Custards
>Opponent has custard blob in Land Raider and deep striking Allarus
>Play Stygies, drop some punch robots behind LR and open it like a tin can
>Neutron Laser 360 noscopes a shield captain
>Gun robots shoot Allarus with 36 shoots, kill two, last one charges and they punch him in the dick

Since about 2004.

>forgeworld
Oh. Oh my god. How things have changed. The future is awesome.
>pic costs three times what my first car did.

Attached: Warlord_Updated.jpg (1050x1176, 175K)

lol

Attached: space marauder surprised.png (218x413, 158K)

I'm just imagining the turret on the onager spinning 360 degrees and vaporizing the shield captain
thank you user

Attached: 1324351058708.jpg (350x461, 54K)

At what point will models get big enough that GW starts to recommend a larger base table size?

Attached: knight castellan.png (1920x1080, 3.15M)

>A lot of people are asking Sisters ditch it
who? give me their names ill make them go away