>5e Trove
rpg.rem.uz/Dungeons & Dragons/D&D 5th Edition/

>5etools
5etools.com
Stable releases - get.5e.tools/

>Resources
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>Last time on /5eg/:
What's your preferred amount of combat to exploration to social in a campaign?

Attached: 1513495980464.jpg (1280x1810, 233K)

Other urls found in this thread:

Veeky
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>1/1/1
Gimme those survival rolls, baby!

>What's your preferred amount of combat to exploration to social in a campaign?

I like a healthy mix of social and exploration and only a sprinkling of combat.

Bless you OP. We must fight against those who wish us harm.

20-40 combat, rest exploration/social/RP.

Reminder to report every single bait thread that's been put up.
Innocent threads have been needlessly dying and this is all done to sully name of /5eg/.

2/1/2
Exploration is ass, especially with an outlander or ranger

Forgot to title it /5eg/

>I like a healthy mix of social and exploration and only a sprinkling of combat.
Honest question, if this is true, why do you play D&D as opposed to a more skill based game?

Am in a martial only Viking game, its maybe a 3/1/2 split combat exp and social. Would not mind more combat or exp. In other campaigns that are mostly social so I can use the break.

Social:Combat:Exploration at 5:3:2
I'm in a six-person group so combat is always going to take a minimum of 3. It's hard to keep exploration narration fresh, and my group is not good at fastidiously keeping track of resources or survival.

Attached: 1521396495692.jpg (958x959, 85K)

>the only non-bait, non anime thread forgot the subject line

Attached: hellboy sadness.gif (480x240, 224K)

1 part combat to 1 part exploration to 3 parts social
Social stuff should always be a part of every single aspect of the game, whether that be berating your foes and encouraging your allies, talking to your party to pass the time on the road, or actual social encounters.
Then again I don't play text games so most roleplay can only really shine when you're speaking in character.

Remember to report OP for making a duplicate thread when the other on was fine.

>why can't I get 5 people to play together at least once a week without cancelling
>said the people who can't even make a new thread correctly

Attached: 1387735085450.gif (320x240, 2.11M)

I would if those games weren't hard to find people to play with. Even then my tastes kind of fall into it needing to be either fantasy, sci-fi, or superhero.
Hell I kinda wanna play stuff like AD&D.

13th for sorcerers should be allowed to cast fireball then fireball with a bonus action

I can at least :^)

Please go fornicate with a buzzsaw you fucking numpty.

Why are they still here? Just to make us suffer?

Attached: Venom_Snake_TTP.png (350x350, 185K)

The other was a shitty bait thread

Anime isn't the issue, it's that it's completely off-topic and purely done for the sake of trolling.

If it was a remotely relevant anime image, it would be fine as the OP.

Soon /5eg/ will have to combine with /4eg/ to survive & I will be there to drink all your tears.

Attached: 1515870479672.png (1124x1920, 1.8M)

Sure it will.

/5eg/ is still tied with warhammer for most active /5eg/ general. It's not going anywhere until 6th edition comes out.

Stop being retarded user. It's not our fault your threads weren't active enough to warrant separate threads for products.

>Ah /5eg/, the eternal general.
>I have seen the end of days and years from now men will say,
>"Here began the fall of /5eg/."
>The power of the OP was taken from the reasonable and given to the Baitfags.
>Those who posted in the bait threads grew sick with every kind of wickedness.
>They were filled with lust, deceit, and samefagging. They trolled and posted cat girls.
>They betrayed their martials and dipped into Hexblade.
>They did all this and called it Optimal.
>"And I saw in his hand a book, sealed with ten chapters, the first of which was Step-by-Step Characters...
>And behold a Twitch Channel; and he that hosted it had a Resurrection Rule; and he went forth to conquer..."
>The thread was filled with Namefags and Homebrews.

Attached: Eugene_Ferdinand_Victor_Delacroix_Attila_fragment.jpg (800x1005, 193K)

>Soon the system that has the most players out of any system will have to combine with a system that next to no one is playing to stay relevant, meanwhile can I interest you in my dying system that's had to merge with other games?
This is what being an autist, a weeb, and a faggot all at the same time does to your brain

Is there a compiled pdf of all the UAs (or at least all the UA classes)? Getting tired of having 4 pdfs up at a time.

Complete newb to 5e, I know nothing. Compare it to 3.5e? That's what I know.

Should I switch? What's better/worse? Mind I have all 3.5E books and am pretty knowledgeable about it.

Attached: Unearthed Arcanas.pdf (PDF, 5.39M)

Oh thank goodness a non waifu OP

5e streamlined a lot 3.5 BS, still has material coming out for it, and has a big playerbase.

I made the switch from Pathfinder when 5e came out and I've never looked back.

Thanks for this thread.

I need rituals. 3rd party or Homebrew is fine, I just want to read a bunch of new ritual spells.

Thank you friend user. Did you get this from anywhere in particular or just make it yourself?

I would have preferred a waifu op.

There's a custom "ritual spell" in Tomb of Anihilation to Ressurect people.

Yeah, but you're also a shitstain.

official unearthed arcana by WotC

Are these spells better?

I mean the combined pdf. Like is there a link to a compendium that gets updated with new UAs as they come out, or did you put all the separate UAs together into one pdf yourself?

Just choose the spells that you think would be useful and fun. It's not like suboptimal spell selection causes your character to self destruct.

Similar question, repeated from last thread:
I've been recently considering to run a standard fantasy campaign with my players, after having played various sci-fi settings in the past years. I played Pathfinder in the past, but found the amount of minmaxing possible in the system to not really be to my liking, as I know it will lead to characters of rather high differences in power in my group (there will be some new players who don't metagame very much and will simply take what they like, while others will try to build the most optimized character possible).

My question is the following: Is 5e better in this regard than pathfinder, i.e. is the amount of powergaming possible more limited and the resulting characters more balanced or is a player trying to come up with the most optimized character going to break the group's balance as much as they were capable of using Pathfinder?

Yes.

5E has been made exactly for this, and for people like you.
Powergaming is difficult, can easily be shutdown by the DM if he wants so (disallowing multiclass or feats), and not really worth it (barely 'better' character) compared to the drop in fun.

It's also very easy to get into. Just watch a game with Acquisitions Inc. or any with Chris Perkins in general.

Hola skeenks! /twg/-bro!

>compared to the drop in fun.
Alright, that sounds pretty much exactly like what I had in mind.
I don't generally have a problem with people deriving their fun from optimizing their character, I just don't want it to reach a level where there's such a spread between objectively equal characters (i.e. same level and gold) in the same party that it becomes difficult to design encounters where every character still plays a relevant role...

It's the casterest caster edition that ever castered. But for all that still better balanced than 3.PF

>it becomes difficult to design encounters where every character still plays a relevant role

My only gripe with 5e is that encounters are hard to design, and you might need a lot of experience before you have to adjust things in-fight (i.e. fudging). It's very satisfying when you finally don't need to do that. But it also takes experience to 'read' the monsters statblocks because CR is most of the time not enough.

It's especially the case with some classes that hit very different powerspikes at very different times. Moon Druid is kind of a "early-game ruiner" for me as a DM.
I also feel like Monk is too combat focused, and suffer the same thing as Ranger: the DM has to design non-combat encounters around them to make them fully "useful".

What are some of your favorite monsters to throw at players?

Why?

Attached: 1519412170637.jpg (978x1024, 85K)

Gelatinous cube is always fun.
Do not abuse though.

The worst monster of them all is man, so I keep throwing enemy soldiers at the players. Sometimes I use default statblocks like Archer, Berserker or War Priest, but sometimes I invent my own.

For example, yesterday my party fought enemies that included a Banneret - a custom monster that's totally helpless on his own, but who can be a really pain in the ass by dishing out powerful buffs and debuffs, such as applying Haste to an ally for a single turn.

Attached: It turns out it's man.jpg (720x576, 32K)

Beholders and Beholderkin.

Puts the fear of God in them. But seriously, they are always interesting/deadly when they show up. I am usually careful with not tossing too many into a campaign.

Attached: a77a0ea3d734663c48cdcab646011aee-dam0zab.jpg (825x638, 183K)

Kuo Toas for me. They make, by far, the best low-level encounters.

>loot generator
>generate normal loot: 190 gold pieces
>generate hoard loot: 3820 gold, 10 gemstones, a magic sword, two potions and a 5th level scroll

Surely there has to be something in between

Attached: 1394593492319.gif (320x240, 1.37M)

Loot 1 tier up from your part's normal loot.

Alternatively, Horde loot 1 tier down and drop any coins and gems

>500 gold pieces, 3 gemstones, and a potion
Nigger just subtract

Mimics, because it's all a part of the fun.

What do you like about Kuo Toas user? I was thinking of adding a bunch of them myself.

Hi, D&D thread.

I know some of you kids are still learning how to use a computer, but do you maybe want to check the catalog once in a while and use one of the FIVE existing D&D threads (all currently under the bump limit) before you start another one?

Yours sincerely,
the adults of Veeky Forums.

Why would you ever use randomized loot? Give your monsters loot that makes sense and write up a reason for them to have any extras you want.

On I'm sure those shit threads are taking up so much space that could be otherwise used on this dead board. I bet some really interesting threads just got pushed off.

What do you think of the idea of making variant human a literal subrace? As in, the people of this region can choose feats, otherwise default human. I'm setting up a campaign with a fallen human empire, and am thinking about restricting variant human to the humans of that empire.

>2 day old thread that should have been pruned.
>12 reply thread
>1 reply thread
>17 reply thread
Then there's this 60 reply thread. Fuck off

Why haven't mods deleted these?

Why bother? What does it add to your setting to do so?

If it's your game, you can do whatever you want (however you'll probably still be getting mostly v.human).

>3 anime in the OPs
Totally not false flags.

>5 threads
>Posts 4 links

Attached: 328428724752.jpg (1280x720, 83K)

>canon übermensch
Fund it

3 anime 1 shad

>it's okay if I flood the board with D&Dshit, cuz other systems are for loser nerds
The D&D player, ladies and gentlemen.

Come back when you're 18. That goes for all of you.

Attached: 1394851687651.gif (191x200, 1.13M)

Follow the Plane Shift Innistrad variant, use V. Human as a base, but give each region its own dedicated feat, skill, and stats.

>Gavony - regular human.
>Kessig - Mobile
>Nephalia - Skilled
>Stensia - Tough

We try to maintain just one thread, but there's been an asshole (potentially two) posting Anime and Shadman OP images (check the link with the redhead elf girl for a .gif example) after he was shitting up the thread by posting similar things and asking us to "prove" to him that 5e was better than Pathfinder. His posts got deleted at the time after some mass reporting, but he either wasn't banned or is ban evading. If meta threads were still allowed or there was a board to voice my complaints, I would do so, but at the moment all I'm able to do is report and hide his nonsense. Sorry for the mess.

Attached: 1320862950402.png (221x213, 23K)

Hi shitposterkun. You know it's painfully obvious that it's you when your complaints are only posted in the one thread not made by you, right? See you in three days, dumbass.

>A board to voice my complaints

Most of the threads on page ten have less than 30 replies and the board is slow as fuck. If anyone at all cared about them they would easily be kept going and since they arent that means nothing of value was lost.

You know you're only apologizing to the shitposter, right? Why would he only voice his complaints in this thread and no others? The rest of Veeky Forums can tell what's happening at a glance.

Yes, child, that is my point exactly. You shouldn't be starting a new thread after 12 replies. You're the ones breaking the rules: why don't *you* fuck off?

D&D should have died with Gygax. But it didn't, so now we have /v/ermin like you crawling onto our board.

They're the best introduction to D&D.

They have a lot of interesting, yet mondane, tools that are great to make any newcomer understand that pen and paper allows for a lot of fun shit, even in combat where rules are strict and determined.
Sticky shield, net, claw-staves... It's all pretty fun and it makes you think, as a DM, a bit out of the box.
Kuo Toas can be very strong if used correctly even without using their clerics.

But they also can be pretty hilarious and they always get a in a bunch of shenanigans that they don't understand themselves.
You can also go one step beyond and get really weird with them, as they have the singular aptitude to create their own nonsensical gods out of their blind and misplaced faith.

Or you can just have a bunch of them be lawful missionaries and surprize your players with a bunch of crazy fishmen in toga that gets from towns to towns to spread the echoes of The Holy Mighty Conch. They even have (undecypherable) pamphlets.

Also, and that's kind of a cheap thing, but when fights with Kuo Toa go awry for the players, you can always find something fun that happens and saves your players. It can be something simple (and cliché) as them capturing the players (and making sure of not hurting them at all for some reason)... or suddenly their god-krakken is very interested in giving these adventurers a mission instead of letting them die by the hands of his smelly sticky minions.

I love Kuo Toas.

Attached: is that a kensai kuotoa.png (900x1391, 221K)

What are some fitting skills to give a carpenter custom background?
Athletics and Persuasion? What if he wasn't the one running his own business?

How do I make a Gnome Wizard (Illusionist of course) who breaks the racial stereotypes of gnomes being low T soyboys / crazy bearded manlets / Jews?

I would be perfectly happy to spend five bucks to start a thread there to air my grievances, but there is no indication that /vip/ exists for the purposes of contacting moderation staff. In fact, according to the sticky,
>/vip/ has no topic - talk about whatever you want!
so I don't think a thread about a particular troll would reach the ears of those in a position to do so better there than here. And meta threads are against the rules.

Literally all of those other threads should have been deleted or pruned. It's not our fault people make shit threads that aren't relevant.

Woodcarving tool prof
Athletics
Nature/History/Persuasion/Sleight of Hand

The OP image sets the bar for the quality of the thread, and waifu OP images almost always lead to shitposting

Forgive me, I gave him the benefit of the doubt

Attached: sudoku.jpg (394x394, 84K)

There's no particular rule about creating duplicates, we are completely allowed to say "no, fuck that, we don't support that, we're making our own thread".

Meanwhile the four threads you linked are all made by the exact same person.

>two 5s in the second column from the left
>two 3s in the rightmost column
>two 2s in the 5th row from the top
This triggers me for some reason

I'm pretty sure Hiro stated that every board is allowed one meta thread a while back.

Are any of the spells in XgtE worth taking through Magical Secrets?

>Nature/History/Persuasion/Sleight of Hand
I'll probably go with History, nothing else seems to fit right. Thanks user.

I posted here because this appears to be the most active /5eg/ thread. You abandoned the other ones after about a dozen posts. In five minutes I daresay there'll be another, and you'll all flood out of this one like the cockroaches you are.

It's time to wake up and realize you're the shitposters here, D&Dfags. We are happy to tolerate one self-contained D&D thread, or even one thread for each edition of D&D; but having five D&D Fifth Edition threads below bump limit at the same time is simply not acceptable. This may be par for the course on an overcrowded board like /b/, /v/ or /pol/ (I don't know which you're from, but I assume it's one of those three), but it doesn't fly here. So kindly stop it.

>This triggers me for some reason

It's why he's dead.

Yeah but none of the mods EVER respected that, anyone who tried to make a meta thread got banned pretty quickly.

Pretty sure that’s part of the joke, user. He couldn’t sudoku, so he had to sudoku to preserve his honor.

Scatter is fun

Global Rule 10, simpleton.
Veeky Forums.org/rules
You were supposed to read those four days ago. You know, before you used the site for the first time.

>So kindly stop it.
Sure thing, you can even help by reporting the bait threads when they pop up.

>making a single thread is spamming
>Making 4 different ones isn't
I don't understand your logic.

>In five minutes I daresay there'll be another, and you'll all flood out of this one like the cockroaches you are.

You're literally falling for the whole reason the troll posts those threads in the first place dumbass.