Now that its been dead for a couple of months, lets make a GOOD DoW 3

Alright Veeky Forums lets do this.

How should have DoW3 been really? What game mechanics should've been implemented and what should never have been added? As for the factions, how should they have played out?

Personally, I feel that the more elite armies, such as Eldar and Space Marines should've played more like DoW2 where you relied on small powerful squads that if placed correctly got a lot of work, I did not like how in DoW3 it would feel like you could just throw Space Marine units away when each unit should feel like they were heavy hitters.

On the opposite side of the spectrum, Orks and nids should be played more like the original were you could build up large armies and just throw them at your opponent. Just some of my thoughts.

Attached: My Nigga.jpg (1024x640, 94K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RcUjeQMRzXY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I think I'm so out of RTS that my only suggestion is for it to be more like DoW 1 - I need base-building in my RTS' otherwise it just feels wrong.

Oh, and modding. Bring back modding.

Attached: 00238019.jpg (960x768, 87K)

Before I suggest anything, I would like to ask any of you anons that have played hot-seat multiplayer in the Total war games if you enjoyed that or that it worked.

Power core shouldn't have been a thing, neither the whole skull fuckery

Just make DoW 1 with better graphics

What we need is Wargame 40k. Red Dragon and Airland Battle were pretty fun and I think the scale would lend itself well to 40k battles

Take DoW1 Mechanics and do the following
>Improve AI
>Improve textures
>Toss in some new units
>Toss in new maps
>Toss in a new story
>Change nothing fucking else

DLC
>Dawn of war 2 like campaign
>Add more armies

It was really taht fucking simple.

I don't think WG would like that

I agree with this DoW was perfect
The voice acting, sound effects, animations, army rosters etc were all 10/10

All they had to do was remake DoW with more detailed graphics and more armies. Maybe even a strategic map where you can move armies around, mixing the dark crusade/soulstorm campaigns with something like Total War

Have every single faction in the game at least somewhat represented by playable multiplayer factions.
Even if the game was worse than it currently is, this would have at least guaranteed it a cult following, and if every modder can shit out three factions a year in their off-time, it can't be that much work for a proper AA studio like relic.
The game not having fan favourite factions like chaos, nids, tau, and guard, probably contributed quite a bit to its poor sales, and while the reviews may not have been much better, the inflated player base could have saved it from the multiplayer game death spiral.

Faggots like you are why oW 3 is shit. DoW 1 was good for its time, but we needed something different just how 2 was different. Also sync kills.
Also anyone who wants base building in a 40k game should kill themselves.

Whatever the combat for the eventual DoW 4 is more like 1, 2 or something else, it MUST feel viseral. Also it can have a special 'cinematic' button like Total War or Ancestors Legacy to enjoy the carnage up close (of course, sych kills is a must)

>Just because it's not broke doesn't mean we shouldn't fix it

I just want Total Warhammer 40k tbphwy. RTS gameplay can be fun (eg Dark Crusade) but after a while the fact that it doesn't make a lick of sense gets to me.

OP here, what mechanics would you have put into the game?

I feel like the cover system in DoW 2 was well implamented and that it should have been in the third one.

The fact that moral wasn't evem in the game at all is just wrong on all levels. At least in DoW 2 they had a retreat button.
The way DoW 1 handled moral was perfect, they should have ported that over to 3.

As for base building, I feel that different races should have different levels of importance for building bases. The Imperial guard should focus on defensive buildings, buildings that make it feel like the guard are gonna last their longer. While Necrons wont really have any real need for excesive base building. Tyranids don't building, but like in DoW 2 they have structures jut out of they ground amd give the nids bonuses. I like the idea of the nids changing the enviroment to better suit them.

I'd say fuck it and make it total war , supreme commander, warhammer 40k.

Piddly little squad tactic games where 3 man space marine squads shoot at 6 man termagant squads are not what 40k is about.

Make it something like supreme commander but with set armies you pick before the game rather than base building bullshit.

Just any other DOW with 3s soundtrack. It's based.

needed a totally different spin. CityFight, Vostroyans vs anything in Stalingrad type environment. Objectives, building/ spawning units from captured points/buildings etc

You pick your Army and Commander
Select Unit cards to build your army, Kinda like Total War Multiplayer.
You start with your commander and your elite units, and bring in other troops to reinforce for a cost and a cooldown, but no production time, and they come in on your transports.
You can't bring back dead units
Depending on the commander you pick, you have special abilities and different unit costs ex, Valhallens are better at fighting orks, and their infantry are cheaper but they fall back slower, World Eaters have fast and cheap melee units but lack artillery and tanks etc etc
You can build defenses, but don't have an HQ structure, most of the maps are capture point/annihilation.
Plays like COH2/DOW2

>How should have DoW3 been really?
The best of both two previous games. The scale of the vanilla with base building + the cover and physics systems of 2 along with the graphics and RPG/customization.

Overall it would play as something between a large-scale 40K game and an Apocalypse one.

Also shouldn't have made Gorgutz the winner of Soulstorm. Probably after DoW III's bombing, they'll retcon that to make it sure it never happened.

youtube.com/watch?v=RcUjeQMRzXY

>Also shouldn't have made Gorgutz the winner of Soulstorm. Probably after DoW III's bombing, they'll retcon that to make it sure it never happened.
Look pic related. Cut content from DoW 2

Attached: StandardofKaurava.jpg (646x766, 64K)