Finish a game

reddit.com/r/magicTCG/comments/874j3f/nikolich_on_why_he_offered_to_shake_his_opponents/

>finish a game
>offer your opponent a hand shake
>omg that's so rude of you

Apparently MTG is the only game where it's rude to show basic sportsmanship. What do these NEET manchildren suggest the players do after a game of MTG? Just pack up your stuff quietly in an awkward manner and avoid even looking at the general direction of your opponent?

Attached: GCGiT5ymBW.png (265x370, 183K)

>What do these NEET manchildren suggest the players do after a game of MTG?
watch your neighbors play so you can observe what is in there decks if you are against them next so you know what to save removal for

Thats so cringey like its just bad sportsmanship to not shake someones hand no matter what the outcome of the game.

>I do not believe that you did anything wrong, but I'm wondering if this whole debate should indicate that maybe we should change how we look at the postmatch handshake/gg.

Attached: 1408938618119.jpg (325x346, 31K)

at this point one cannot upset the natural order of autists less you get reported and banned from all Wizards events
>all you should do is keep your head down and not draw in attention

>neocommunists infest a hobby
>it instantly gets turned into a 1984 nightmare
wow people of color me surprised

The fact that there are people defending this shit blows my fucking mind.
I suppose it's a logical extension of the neoprogressive worldview, the behavior of the many must be adjusted to fit the imagined needs of the few.
There is an infinitesimally tiny minority of magic players who have social anxieties that might make them feel uncomfortable with a handshake, therefor NO ONE should offer a handshake to anyone ever.

When you attempt to manufacture equality of outcome, you reduce everyone to the lowest common denominator. And it still doesn't produce equality of outcome of course.

yeah dude
all the cultural marxists are invading, big brother n shit
can we keep the wizards shitposting to one thread please

I get that people are trying really hard to play up the politics around Magic for one reason or another (seems like there's at least a dozen thinly veiled threads a week), but surely you aren't reading a "muh SJWs" into what is purely and obviously a case of borderline autistic manchildren getting salty because they lost a card game?

Handshakes are inherently masculine and aggressive, and therefore a form of rape. Wizards of the Coast and Hasbro are strongly opposed to the rape of adults.

Attached: nu tg.jpg (1000x866, 152K)

The guy that actually refused the handshake? Nah, he's probably just an autismal faggot.
The people defending him though? That's absolutely "Muh SJWs"

>manchildren
In the 1950s, following world war two, project mk ultra was set up in North America to study the pacification of society through chemical and pavlovian response based mind control. Though the original project was eventually "officially" shut down, sub projects, such as McGill in Canada and Project Manchild worldwide, continued unabated. As part of Project Manchild (the mission to infantalize the next generation so they would be unable to prevent the rise of communism) entertainment and toy companies such as Hasbro were infiltrated, and the next generation of propaganda was created. Transformers, MtG, recently MLP and more. The so called divide between capitalism and communism disappears at the highest levels, and both become a nearly identical system of land control built around a homogenous slave society of uneducated chattel and a master society of the hyper rich who own all the land.

Amonkhet was the most blatantly religiously evil set wotc has ever produced, featuring a desecrated Egypt, the horns of moloch, and the death of Thoth. This sort of symbolism is the calling card of the so called mystery school behind the Mossad and George H. W. "Moloch" Bush's CIA, who themselves work for Mossad.

They want total equality, what they knowingly or from ignorance seek, is the void of non existence, the only state of complete equality. Postmodernists should be executed for treason against all being. They made me abandon Jainism.

>n the 1950s, following world war two, project mk ultra was set up in North America to study the pacification of society through chemical and pavlovian response based mind control. Though the original project was eventually "officially" shut down, sub projects, such as McGill in Canada and Project Manchild worldwide, continued unabated. As part of Project Manchild (the mission to infantalize the next generation so they would be unable to prevent the rise of communism) entertainment and toy companies such as Hasbro were infiltrated, and the next generation of propaganda was created. Tr

No one's defending the autist. Even Reddit is saying that the guy who won did nothing wrong

>Wizards of the Coast and Hasbro are strongly opposed to the rape of adults

I see what you did there

kek

Nothing about this involves "SJWs", though. It's an issue of "sportsmanship" vs "allow me to be a socially awkward autist." I feel like people are so used to equating MTG with politics they don't like that they're somehow reading it into situations where it isn't even present. I don't understand what people ostensibly upset about political issues being forced into circles where they feel it doesn't belong think they will accomplish by forcing their own politics even more widely into all aspects of the same hobby.

Veeky Forums was always political, but it wasn't always as cucked as you.

You're replying to /pol/ bait. They'll dismiss your point and continue their circlejerk about SJW's this, politics that, then complain about how they don't want politics involved in Magic while making 20 threads about politics in Magic per week

>muh boogeyman

>thread about sportmenship
>bring up the cause of this is due to the current environment prop'd up by wizards
>deflect by saying it's /pol/ thread

kay

Write
>I AM SOCIALLY AWKWARD AND DON'T LIKE HANDSHAKES :)
on a piece of paper and show it to your opponents when you sit down. Muster the strength to look at them and smile faintly, then focus on the game. Their response will be either "sure thing buddy" or a similar note.

>Apparently MTG is the only game where it's rude to show basic sportsmanship
And what gave you that impression? That one guy expressed his retarded opinion about it?

>Postmodernists should be executed for treason against all being.
That's just like your opinion man.

Postmodernists are just weirdos who applied modernist principles to deconstructing modernism, leaving everyone separate from life's paraxis. Poststructuralists are the kind of schlocky homos who want to deconstruct all social institutions so they can create more in their own image, without realizing that the institutions influence the nature of the change by virtue of existence.

Either way, I'm fine with scorched earth. There was little of value here anyways. It's like people who like dogs more than people; literally worse than hitler, but validated through dumbass groupthink. Handshakes are fine, I always offer a handshake and literally no one cares. If some 9 gendered weirdo started prancing around and expected me to call them Shamalama Ding Dong as their personal pronoun, it'd be a very different issue.

>doing damage control
the absolute state of redditors

When was the last time you attended an FNM?

50% of the players out there are just like this.

Attached: 1451808919596.png (258x272, 82K)

Didn't read thread nor followed lebbit link. That's a non issue. Assuming both players are physically capable of hand shaking, here's how it goes:

1- The loser should always be the one to offer the hand shake. If he doesn't that's poor sportsmanship.
2- The winner should always accept the hand shake. If he doesn't that's poor sportsmanship.

The winner never offers the hand first or says some stupid shit like G before the loser acknowledges his defeat.

>what age you that impression?
I honestly don't remember the last time I shacked hands with another opponite if I am going to be frank playing standard or even commander. Also that I have always initiated the 'GG' some times, I know me, I get salty when I loose to stupid plays and being the player that let's players do take backs, but no one extends me the courtesy in return

>sportsmen ship is dead in mtg

>/pol/ bait
I think the problem is that the actual members of the community that do think these things (and they exist, obviously) see all the political bait posted with the intention of stirring up the more moderate folks who don't care one way or another, and they come to the conclusion that because people that agree with them are doing it, it's a reasonable thing to do. It might come from /pol/, but it's self-perpetuating on Veeky Forums.

Which is why people who are literally from /pol/ and just trying to push grognards to their way of thinking, and actual Veeky Forums participants pushing the same things who think "/pol/" is just a ridiculous bogeyman used to invalidate their feelings, exist in the same space.

>MtG community is literally freaking out over a handshake
>They invent victim complex for a single autist to get more upboats
>Somehow it's /pol/'s fault

Attached: 1521660174975-tg.png (446x750, 323K)

The amonkhet prerelease so almost exactly a year ago. 90% of the people there were normal.
Either your pretending the awkward weirdos make up a majority or your just outright making things up because you know nobody on this board actually plays magic let alone go out in public

Alright faggot, it's totally not a /pol/ thread, sure, pay no mind when you start the tinfoil conspiracies , complaining about SJW's despite NO ONE (not even Reddit) actually defending the autist, satirizing about rape and shit like , bashing neocommunists alluding to a book you've never read , complaining about neoprogressives , etc, etc.

It's always the same shit, you claim that we use /pol/ as a boogeyman to dismiss our arguments, but we can all fucking see that those posts are /pol/ as fuck and you're just stirring up shit while arguing with yourselves to simulate actual discussion.

You see, you have a board for all this trash. An autist refused to give a handshake, and all you see is the big evil SJW strawman supporting him, when in fact he's just another TCG autist displaying poor social etiquette, like many others that have been and will be.

>mtg is turning into Overwatch
good lord fucking end it all

Attached: ed867377db8dd9ec475feeea679070b679f66703d05063d6f56e1eae4335b1cc.gif (480x320, 210K)

>They invent victim complex for a single autist to get more upboats
Where exactly did this happen?

What the fuck tinfoil conspiracies are you talking about? Be specific.

Can you imagine the shitfit /pol would have thrown if magic was on their radar when that clickbait article came out about some bitch dating the world champ and going on a several page essay about what an unattractive nerd he was?

Attached: 1520004672225.webm (1724x717, 270K)

>neocommunist pissing down both legs that nobody likes them and their shitty religion

So you have nothing to say. Get the fuck out of my game if you don't know basic history.

someone meme'ing
>call it /pol/
someone gives wizards criticism
>call it /pol/
someone has a dumb opinion
>call it /pol/

when you call everything you don't like /pol/ then aren't you the one propagating a boogyman?

>maybe instead of complaining about made up problems you should focus on this problem we are making worst

>oh no, someone on reddit got offended for some autistic reason. Make a thread about it!
Fuck off.

>Get the fuck out of my game if you don't know basic history
>Magic The Gathering was invented by Mossad to pacify western society
I think I see where we start to disagree.

If you actually read the reddit comments instead of just assuming what they are everyone thinks it's retarded that this generated anything at all.

it's part of quote-unquote gamer culture.

the loser offering handshake is good sportsmanship, the winner offering handshake is seen as aggressive (known as the 'offensive GG' or the equivalent of spamming 'GET REKT NERD' in game chat).
it started in starcraft and transferred into dota and league where it became gamer canon. those mobas can really fuck a kid up, too. one of the only places i can think of where you can be punished for removing yourself from an unpleasant, abusive or traumatic situation, ie. being a 'leaver'.
you get the kids addicted to your game by shoving their eyes full of bright colors and trigger their very basic hunter instinct and psychological reward mechanisms. sometimes it's fun, winning feels great. sometimes it's bad, losing sucks. sometimes you get matched with a bully. every instinct you have tells you to just leave, but you know you can't leave or the game will punish you. not only will you not-win this game, but you'll be banned from playing for a few hours or days if you try to escape the bullying. you have to sit there and take the abuse because if you don't you won't be able to get your fix of endorphins you've become conditioned to expect from repeated gameplay.

TL;DR it's gamershit and mobas are a nightmare skinner box run by the equivalent of an abusive alcoholic stepfather.

Anyone who thinks it's unsportsmanlike for the winner to offer a handshake after the match is officially concluded needs to re-examine their life. While an offer CAN be made in bad faith, bad faith should never be PRESUMED for what in literally any other context is considered a respectful gesture.

Bullshit. The winner should offer the handshake as a sign of respect for his opponent. The Loser offering the handshake means the winner is allowed to gloat