How do you make a "decent" dark overlord? So who is clearly evil, but where it makes sense to follow/worship him

How do you make a "decent" dark overlord? So who is clearly evil, but where it makes sense to follow/worship him.

Attached: tumblr_nx0553f5Al1us3acio2_1280.jpg (728x1000, 211K)

Other urls found in this thread:

eviloverlord.com/lists/overlord.html
youtu.be/W8FC-1vzdrc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

eviloverlord.com/lists/overlord.html

Attached: 1335212215494.gif (350x219, 2.25M)

The easiest is that they bring a certain kind of order with them. One that is probably brutally enforced and doesn't even slightly tolerate rebellion. But there is stability, and those who are strong can rise up.

>make him hand out super powers generously >give him a lot of money
>make him a criminal or terrorist leader (related to money obviously)
>make him a leader of separatist faction
>make him a better option than status quo for many people
>make him a god or cult leader (limits the scale to either rather big or rather small)
>make his goals have bad long term consequences he doesn't care about and most people don't know about

His loyal followers are given riches and power, and his rule will create a stable hierarchy for his men to be at the top of.

Add highly charistamtic to that list.

He's preparing for something worse.

I think it comes with the package. I doubt you can lead anything larger than cult or anarchist cell with charisma alone. If you want an actual overlord you need resources.

He cares about legacy and is a consequentialist, like emperors of time past in our world. They forged empires on blood leading to technological and cultural development that we reap the benefits of today. The world would suck without the Romans, Mongols, Persians, Arabs, etc, to push us forward to our current level of comfort.

Literally Hitler. To the rest of the world he was a monster but to his people he was nothing short of a hero you saved their nation.

Make your Dark Lord the Hitler of your world. Make him a stabilizing and progressive leader and give him a fun personality your players will like. A good dark lord is somebody with a point and with which you might wanna hang out.

None of this "Actually a good guy" bullshit. The Evil Overlord must know he's evil, and be absolutely unapologetic by it - that's what makes them so fun.

youtu.be/W8FC-1vzdrc

The Dark Overlord is worshipped as a living god as he holds power of afterlife and he brings wisdom and strength to his disciples.
Take a good leader from fiction or reality and twist him to be evil with a cause. A cause that may be selfishly evil, but lies are an powerful instrument.

Attached: god_emperor.jpg (1024x768, 178K)

gee you tell me
It's either follow this guy or get murderraped/ sodomized/ exterminated/ overran by green assholes.

Attached: Our GLORIOUS Emperor!.jpg (197x256, 13K)

Yeah I'm sure all the previously German jews thought he was a hero who saved the nation.

If you want a real life example, just look at Putin.

>implying he's evil

>implying the jews were Hitler's people

>implying Hitler was even German to begin with

Make them realistically evil. Evil people usually still have friends, lovers, things they care about and principles.

Attached: darklord.jpg (519x3500, 273K)

On the second thought, fuck that shit, it's what made villains so boring in the first place.

Nigga are you impersonating me in response to my own post? Wut

This, human villains are most terrifiying than big bad monsters.

Attached: dd1.jpg (1041x6400, 2.32M)

>All his followers make him look like the most powerful guy
>He hipnotised them all or beat them in a fight
>He's actually a pretty normal looking guy with a positive personnality who wants to be rich by having his minions do everything for him
>Basically a lazy neet with OP magic

That just makes them a human (or person, I guess?) villain. Which is fine but I feel like a dark lord kind of goes beyond that.

There's nothing wrong with having a dark lord hijack a country in order to complete an ancient ritual, for either a personal gain or to bring back his god or any kind of similar grandiose plans. Kind of like the Fuhrer in Fullmetal Alchemist?

You don't have to wear black or even chain the entire population as slaves, you just use them as means to an end. And that end is likely not good for the common folk, whatever it may be.

Attached: dd2.jpg (1041x6400, 2.35M)

Are you posting this shit again, you fag

>How do you make a "decent" dark overlord?
>So who is clearly evil, but where it makes sense to follow/worship him.

1. His evil stems from "ends justify the means" and some idea of greater good
2. He is winning and people who oppose him have a bad time.
3. He is a hot chick.

Follow these tips and any sensible protag will follow and worship their evil overlord.

Attached: portraits[1].png (2064x1540, 4.31M)

Yeah but neets are not "normal looking guys with positive personality". They're cartoonish villains IRL who are just too weak to do anything.

Muge Zorbados was 10/10
He was just an inter-dimensional conqueror whose empire set its sights on the wrong planet.

Actually, this is a pretty interesting and vicious detail.

The German army performed extensive record keeping and statistics during WW1 (like any warring nation they were desperate for more soldiers). The "rumor that jews were under-represented in the German army" was a myth that existed before WW1, but was also perpetuated by the state against those statistics.

But it was untrue: German jews were per-capita far more represented in the military.

This myth continued after WW1, and the state kept it a secret. Hitler obviously used this and other myths/predispositions against his enemies.

This is one of the reasons why so many jews didn't flee Germany during Hitler's rise to power. Many did, but many didn't because they had served during WW1 and thought this would all blow over. That their hard work and service for their country would be rewarded. They were wrong.

Attached: nintchdbpict000281245670.jpg (960x694, 110K)

I'm a neet and I get to live by making people laugh and seduce women.
Not all neets are what /r9k/ show you, I'm not a neet because of depression, loneliness or anything, I just can not work and live by not contributing to society in any way, so I do that.
I spent my whole life having fun, I don't know if I'm attractive but people certainly do find me charismatic

>implying there is any relevant ethnic difference between Germans and Austrians