Warcraft Lore and RPG Discussion

League of Arathor edition

Discuss the lore and story of the Warcraft franchise and its application in and around traditional games.

>Document compendium: Contains official (ex-canon) DnD 3.x variants and a fan made DnD 5e version! Also contains the official Warcraft Chronicles volumes 1 and 2.
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B52pEESRLwfBM3V0Sm5NTlBITlk

>Previous thread

Attached: Ourgirl.png (275x401, 122K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=P1CpVjR4Xvg
bfa.wowhead.com/npc=49026/kurdran-wildhammer#modelviewer:10 0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Best girl coming through

Attached: tumblr_op8wi9vXdW1tedpy8o2_r1_1280.png (1280x732, 740K)

Fuck the Alliance

Chronicle 3 pdf WHERE

Actual best girl coming through

Attached: forsaken_by_zompf.jpg (573x804, 103K)

LUMEN VULT!

PRAISE THE LIGHT!

FOR THE LIGHT AND THE ALLIANCE!

CRUSADE AGAINST THE HORDE NOW!

THE SCARLET CRUSADE DID NOTHING WRONG!

SLAY THE INFIDELS AND THE HERETICS!

FOR THE LIGHT!

Attached: human_paladin___world_of_warcraft__legion_by_syncmax-daekign.jpg (1095x730, 190K)

LORE

youtube.com/watch?v=P1CpVjR4Xvg

Since Nials is confirmed to appear in the warfront I wonder if any other questgivers from Arathi will also be there

>female character
die from cancer faggot

alright

Attached: the_dead_of_night_by_hazelgee-dag0unn.jpg (1024x1204, 183K)

GOOD post
First for Nightborne

Attached: 27807107-7FFC-49C9-A9DB-DE27B3C27E44.png (596x1079, 1.01M)

Chronicles Volume 3 now

Attached: 58524411.png (270x231, 93K)

DEATH TO THE SCOURGE
AND
THE LIVING!

Attached: ...what. I thought we were polposting anyway.png (348x348, 89K)

Reading Vol. 3 right now bros

Attached: 1485078272144.jpg (1100x700, 184K)

What music do they play on the Fel Hammer?

What is a not boring way to role-play an orc or dwarf shaman?

My Chemical Romance and Bullet For My Valentine, mostly

>Lumen Vult
Absolute fucking trash

>Young
>Have good rhetoric, but are not in total reverence of the elemental spirits; they understand the mortal world is Order, and Elemental world is Chaos.
>Have a Firelord/Airlord/Waterlord/Earthlord who is an enemy of theirs
For a dwarf
>totems are dragonlike in thanks to the Red Dragons who aided the Dwarves once freed from enslavement

You expect the phrase “best girl” to describe a male? Who’s the real faggot here?

>My Chemical Romance
I'm surprised anyone remembers that song. On topic though how do you think they're going to weaponize azerite? Its like Azeroth's equivalent of nuclear material right? Anyone in the thread?

Attached: dungeonbg[1].jpg (1187x722, 211K)

Warcraft hasnt had good lore since BC.

Page 33 and 65 PLS

Attached: Nails.png (127x132, 33K)

no one knows what Azerite does exactly yet, it's just really powerful unobtanium

what's on pages 33 and 65?

You mean since Vanilla

Lore thats crucial to my shitposting

>what's on pages 33 and 65?

Sylvanas has a dick

these threads are absolute fucking trash

you should all fuck off to /v/

What the fuck is this????
bfa.wowhead.com/npc=49026/kurdran-wildhammer#modelviewer:10 0

Attached: Wut.png (590x439, 417K)

Attached: 33.jpg (1372x1829, 598K)

um

Attached: 65.jpg (1200x1600, 632K)

This cannot be it

Attached: 237819048103.png (327x312, 154K)

Well that was a bummer, thanks user

>w-we orcs are the true victims

Attached: 3tIUy7W[1].jpg (785x644, 48K)

Nightborne are ruining the Horde.

Nazi Paladins are the worst meme

He put on a robe-suit and one pauldron cause he’s a savage trying to figure out clothes?

What did you expect user, some lore on your shitty no-name waifu?

It said there was Stromgarde lore on 33 and 65
guess not

I think Man'ari eredar would have made a better allied race than lightforged. Now before you go all autistic think about this for a second.

>established race and lore unlike LF
>can easily justify them joining whoever just like the other allied races
>better customization options than LF

How come Thrall and Durotan had no dank surnames like Hellscream and Doomhammer? Bit disappointing.

I had in mind to write a series of quests where a faction of draenei would try to reunite with the man'ari, with Velen and the majority of the draenei being staunchly opposed.

I really hate the Lightforged. They are *literally* just Draenei BUT BETTER!

I wouldn't be a fan of Man'ari, but at least they're different from Draenei.

Of course, everyone knows it SHOULD have been Broken.

Lightforged Humans would have been better

Garad was a cuck who never accomplished anything other than dying on the Red Pox

but they are the purest expression of the Light, as seen by alt-light X'era

Why does the Tribal horde fight for sylvanas as aggressors to the the peaceful Kingdom of Stormwind and Darnasus? The Tribal horde isn't starving anymore. Why not return to their Dreanor roots on Kalimdor and become the noble savage nomads they were? They really have no point in living in fortified cities anymore since all the threats around them have been defeated.

>peaceful
>Stormwind
>Darnassus
someone has not been following the lore

Wew I dunno if you've guys talked about this but in volume 3 they talk about which faction defeats which dungeon/raid boss in the lore. Neat.

Attached: 1349856.jpg (736x907, 72K)

Who defeated Gruul?

do they specify why the nelves joined the alliance?

Oops from what I'm reading Gruuls Lair, Kara, Obsidian Sanctum, Ruby Sanctum, and Blackwing Descent are not mentioned but here's a simple list of those that are mentioned. The book covers it more in-depth.

Attached: Dungeon-CANON.png (253x821, 21K)

>Ulduar
>both

Fucking lame, I bet they decided to ignore that bit where Varian walked out like an autistic shit.

I guess Brann could'a called in some favors, he's a cool boi.

Actually, wait, more importantly.

>Argent Tournament
>both

NOT A FUCKING CHANCE, BLIZZ, THAT WAS PRIME SHITPOSTING MATERIAL BACK IN WRATH, YOU TELLING ME EXACTLY WHO WON, DON'T PUSS OUT.

I don't think the Horde should have much presence in blackrock mountain, it would make more sense for them to be favouried in Kalimdor.

>Sunwell Plateau
>Alliance

This one seems a bit odd to me. No blood elves took part in reclaiming the Sunwell? I mean, I get that Magister's Terrace and Sunwell Plateau happen almost simultaneously, but it's strange that this is the one the Horde decides to sit out. But then, I think it's weird that Black Temple was done by both factions when it feels like something the Draenei and Night Elves should be much more invested in.

It feels like they're trying to carefully balance the scoreboard rather than accurately reflect lore. I like the Horde but they're meant to be a group of suvirvors that banded together for just that, they were never meant to be able to field a huge army, especially given each races dispostion whether it be lore or calamity. I'm not saying they shouldn't have any victories here but some of them feel nonsensical.

I'm pretty sure the ''horde are few outcasts'' meme has been dead for a long time given how the horde has been performing

Unless they have a cloning machine that age their newly born clones then no, the amount of war they've seen would take generations.

both is likely just a term for third party groups. A group of people aligned with A'dal killed Illidan, and a group of Argent Crusaders went to ICC

didn't the orc warlocks do exactly that on Draenor?

>BWS/BWL - Horde

I'm genuinely disgusted by this

Fake. Chronicles 3 only covers until Wrath, so Cata dungeons wouldn't be in there.

Blizz is always going to include the horde as almost equal to the alliance so arguing about it will never matter because blizz will never acknowledge it.

Dungeons and Raids should be a seperate list
No, it covers Cata too,Amazon preview confirms it

>Orcs have suffered 3 wars + WoW
>Tauren were almost driven to extinction before they were rescued, slow breeders
>Trolls, numbered less than 9000 when they were rescued
>Forsaken, very small numbers but supposedly 3 viking ladies ressed every corpse they could find? Was under the impression this had already been done once.
>Blood elves, 90% of their race wiped out
>Goblins, Kezan blew up but most numerous
That was Gul'dan, they did that before they even invaded Azeroth, I'm not just trying to shit on the Horde. Modern Horde doesn't do that.

just like the draenei were nearly completely wiped out, but have enough fertile females running around on rp servers. It never made sense

At least it's not void elves, who's canon numbers should likely be like, 30

If you ever start to think logically the whole story after WoW falls apart user, there's no point.

I just feel like their victores should be centered on what the Horde can realistically achieve. Regardless of Kosak's lorefuckery.

Attached: wow-tauren-rune-warrior-full[1].jpg (1212x1200, 260K)

Alliance and Horde both traded shitposts before they both were forced to deal with Anub'arak v2 together.

>Realistically

HAHAHAHAHHAHA

The Horde have to clean up their mess and deal with the True Horde claiming that Thrall was a pretender to the title of Warchief. Also, fuck Nefarian.

"Both" basically means "a mishmash of Alliance and Horde champions under whatever neutral banner they're flying today." Tirion picked his best champions among both the Alliance and Horde and led them into Icecrown Citadel under the banner of the Ashen Verdict.

Which means the ICC gunship fight makes even less sense than it does in-game.

>just like the draenei were nearly completely wiped out, but have enough fertile females running around on rp servers. It never made sense
Technically 1% of half a planet's worth of a population is still a metric fuckton.

>Whereever I go I must shitpost

Attached: 121[1].png (568x1023, 160K)

How do you figure? Never mind that you can't give the Alliance both of Deathwing's kids, and the Alliance had Onyxia on lockdown for claiming that one.

Attached: WoW-Lady-Katrana-Prestor-Artwork-e1493654374914.jpg (1546x970, 179K)

not of the whole population was from a single ship and centered on two territories on a single continent

I feel like the alliance has the biggest claim to seeking retribution with deathwing's children. At the very least I would have put both of them in? But I'm not sure how much anyone actually cares about Rend Blackhand.

it just seems inappropriate to say it just seems inappropriate to say the Horde solved that, especially given the location is sandwiched between the two biggest Alliance factions on the Eastern kingdoms.

Arguing about numbers and realism is the dumbest shit because it will never be acknowledged by the writers and everyone knows that.

It's not about numbers, even ultra realism, its more about the Horde pulling off things that aren't completely retarded. For example fielding an orc army outside sieging Nethergarde Keep, despite the fact its more or less an agreement written in stone the Horde + Alliance work together in maintaining the safety of the portal. Pants on head logistics aside.

Attached: 96F91A4B0FB395EB6C6B8636874D906616C3CB8A[1].jpg (720x611, 35K)

Honestly who the fuck knows how the draenei transported themselves if they had time and the necessary labor to make and populate shit like Tempest Keep and all those other ships in Outland.

Hell it seems like the Exodar should of been packed like a sardine can, and even then not all of the draenei were on board since there were still plenty of quest givers and the like all over Outland who got left behind and had to wait for the Dark Portal to open to join up.

There should be a lot of draenei. I'd put them under the night elves at the least.

>Horde
>Horde
>Horde

Okay, I've played Horde since BC and even I think it's dumb how much the Horde did. The Horde's problem has always been power projection because they based WoW around the cold war:

>Alliance is nimble and can project their power but it bites them in the ass so they never muster the power to beat the Horde
>Horde can't hope to beat the Alliance but has a firm hold on their territory, making it impossible for the Alliance to beat them.

That was the whole point of the Horde: Turtling everyone into the flag room because Alliance is 2/3. The Horde able to take down all of black rock, effectively massing and transporting an Army on top of their Army to turtle the Alliance, and somehow getting it past Stormwind or Ironforge without the Dwarves or Humans losing their shit, and then somehow SIMULTANEOUSLY sieging the 2nd and 3rd best defended strongholds in the whole world without the Alliance taking THEIR army a few days march from their cities to crush the extra Horde army nor cutting off their supply lines during this whole thing. THIS MAKES NO GOD DAMN SENSE

Attached: aZUl5te.jpg (590x100, 78K)

Fake, Argent Dawn did Naxx 40.

Realistically, that's likely what they would have done. The Alliance had no reason to show aggression towards them on the other side of the world, the faction led by Jaina holds amicable relations with them, and if they need to settle a murder boner, there are plenty of quillboar, centaurs, and harpies causing trouble constantly.

Basically, how the tribal side of the Horde was in Vanilla.

But gotta keep the faction war for some reason or another.

Attached: troll_druid_by_lowly_owly-d98c8zp.jpg (1200x864, 421K)

Tempest Keep is not a draenei construct and we don't know what populated it before. Could have been solely Naaru.

their warriors are just that much stronger. You don't need armies when one member of the Horde is worth ten alliance goons

so, we can just assume that the Horde did Azjol-Nerub and the Alliance did Utgarde?

>AQ40- Alliance.
Weren't a Horde guild responsible for the world first C'thun? Ideally I'd swap the AQ20 and AQ40 kills just to let the confrimed AQ kill to fit in with real world lore.

I'd also move Blackrock Spire to Alliance, since Blackwing Lair kind of has to be Horde considering where Nefarian's head ends up... Blackwing Descent can be Alliance though.

If Rakeesh survived by being sent into the Twisting Nether and brought back, what do you think Velen would do to bring him back to his side?

just travel to an alternate timeline, bro. Then we get Warlords of Argus and must fight against sci-fi Eredar to save young Rakeesh and raise him in our timeline

>Blizzard actually fucking does this to give the Alliance playable Man'ari Eredar.
>Their leader is a Man'ari version of Yrel
I can fucking see it now.

So, what? You're saying the Horde should've had zero presence in Black Rock Mountain, never mind Searing Gorge and Burning Steppes?

Wow is gonna Age of Sigmar itself. The only thing left after void lords is adding other planets full of tentacles, demons and lewd aliens.

What WoW needs is a nuclear bomb to wipe everything out and make it fallout with fantasy elements.

There's going to be another retarded moment like Tenpenny Tower or the ghoul kid in a fridge, isn't there?

Is this shit what turns Nozdormu into Murozond?

>paradise of eternal darkness
>the dark void awaits you
>soldiers of the cold dark

He's gonna summon the void lords any day from now.

Attached: Kel'thuzad5.jpg (283x372, 101K)

>The Horde able to take down all of black rock
But they didn't. The Alliance cleared Blackrock Depths, and it's unclear who cleaned out Molten Core.