Warhammer 40000 General /40kg/

On Patrol Edition

>Dark Eldar preview:
warhammer-community.com/2018/03/27/codex-drukhari-preview-the-kabalsgw-homepage-post-3/

>WHTV Tip of the Day:
[YouTube] WHTV Tip of the Day - White Blonde Witch Aelf Hair. (embed)

>FAQs:
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Megas:
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega:
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Mathhammer:
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fdocs.google.com%2Fspreadsheets%2Fd%2F10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M%2Fedit

Attached: 27fb6a7063151ef78ec63e9433a058aa--warhammer--raiders.jpg (736x664, 78K)

How would you go about fixing alpha striking, in order to make battles not so dependent upon who got 1st turn and whether or not they flopped their alpha strike?

Things like;
>Increase recommended table size so deployment zones are farther apart, most weapons can't reach the other side
>Increase recommended amount of LoS blocking terrain in the center of the table
>No shooting(/psychic?) phase during first turn (of each player)
>Everyone has their BS capped at 5+ during the first turn (of each player)
>Units gain an additional +1 to their save from cover during the first turn

Make the game alternating activations

boom, fixed

I'd first like to debate if Alpha Strike is as significant a problem as people make it out to be or is more a lack of good LoS blocking terrain and poor deployment.

Tuska daemon killa when

>during the first turn
I'd just use my anchors conservatively and deepstrike on the second turn.

Attached: a32b8.jpg (187x200, 12K)

Are orks still limited to green tide spam?

Attached: ork.png (890x154, 9K)

>Implying there's anything wrong with alpha striking your opponent off the table

Attached: 1501010706303.jpg (700x769, 110K)

I just want to know what the FUCK this thing is and why the poster keeps using the word "Epic" in quotations and capitalized whenever referring to it. Fucking Gubbya.

Attached: 29541592_1394017654037171_2550324878328773181_n.jpg (404x303, 14K)

Anybody wants to help me make up prices for these ?

HQ:
>Seneschal: +50 points for WS/BS 2+ and 4++ by default
>Lord Scion: +25 points for WS/BS 2+

Troops:
>Scion Martial: normal Knight at no extra points but counts as multiple models for capturing objectives depending on size (Armiger counts as 5, normal Knight counts as 10)
>Scion Aspirant: -30 points for WS/BS +4 and same objective secured as above

Elite:
>Preceptor: +?? points for an aura that gives him and other Knights in 6" the ability to fire on deep striking unit and overwatch at 5+
>Aucteller: +?? points for a Knight that rerolls melee to hit rolls against characters and other Lords of War

Fast Attack:
>Scion Dolorous: +?? points for rerolling advance and charge rolls
>Scion Uhlan: free sidegrade that reduces it's armor save and BS to 4+ but increases it's movement statistic and allows it to move once before your first turn

Heavy:
>Scion Arbalester: +?? points to reroll damage against vehicles and gain +1 to hit targets with Fly
>Scion Implacable: +?? points to reduce enemy melee damage in half and reroll damage against buildings

Attached: 1522179085623[1].jpg (1600x735, 452K)

Often alpha strike is through turn 1 deepstrike + move or deepstrike + shoot tricks, which can pretty easily get around los blocking terrain

Night Fighting the first turn, -1 to hit with everything. Though Night Lords, Dark Eldar, Taufags, people with searchlights modeled on their predators will inside their units should be able to hit at full BS despite that...

Some of the tables I see are pretty pitiful with terrain. There's no shame in slapping some books/bottles/cans on the table if it means more terrain.

Alright, rated my 2 armies' subfactions, in the vein of how an user did it a few threads ago.
Opinions? How would you rate your subfactions?
AdMech

>Mars
Tactic: 4
Trait: 4
Strat: 4
Relic: 2
Chars: 5

>Stygies VIII
Tactic: 5
Trait: 2
Strat: 5
Chars: 0

>Metallica
Tactic: 3
Trait: 3
Strat: 1

>Lucius
Strat: 3
Relic: 4

>Graia
Trait: 5

>Agripinaa
Strat: 2

>Ryza
Tactic: 2
Relic: 3

Tau

>Tau
Chars: 5

>Bork'an
Tactic: 5

>Vior'la
Trait: 4
Chars: 3

>Sa'cea
Strat: 5

>Dal'yth
Tactic: 1

>Farsight Enclaves
Tactic: 2
Relic: 5
Chars: 4

Attached: 1520456492995.jpg (895x648, 129K)

One idea I liked in theory was that you start with 1 HQ 2 troops on the table, and then bring pieces of your army as the game move along. You are then able to play a kind of rock-paper-scissor to counter what the enemy brought last turn and bring stuff to react or force certain situation. I quite like the idea, but obviously it would have to be scaled the number of drop of each list or something, so it would probably be hard to implement.

Solid screening can prevent a lot of that. I know it won't stop all of it - I play Tzaangors so I fully know the ways you can get around but I also feel like you can manage far better than most players do.

Behead those whom use named characters (unless if they essentially have to)

So Bobby G is on the menu?

Takes up too much of my screen/10

Tell GW to make non named characters more viable.

>Opinions?
Don't post this again.

Yeah I know. I can manage Alpha's reasonably well, although it often ends up as Deep Strike chicken while we clear out chaff and try to dispel shit like Warptime.

It just doesn't feel that good for the game as a whole.

No I'm pretty fucking sure Space Marines have plenty of HQ options

Alright boys a filthy Eldar-xenos raiding party has setup a stronghold on an asteroid near a forgeworld. The Deathwatch has been called upon by Inquisitor Heab Rue to destroy this stronghold. Five brother-astartes are required for this task.

>Dubs picks the chapter from the list, and the role in the squad

>Wildcard: No ultramarines but a blackshield or another chapter not on the list can take it's place.

Attached: deathwatch-shoulder-pads.png (564x760, 243K)

Hive tyrant wings? I got my 'Nids used and I have a ground tyrant I want to give wings. I don't really want to buy another kit and looking on eBay the wing bits cost way too much. Any decent 3rd party wings out there?

I am tempted to search the dollar stores for some dragon toys and snip the wings off.

>Grey Knights
Tactic: 4 (psyker boost is pretty nice in an otherwise shit army)
Trait: 2(only decent against Daemons. RIP Smite)
Strats: 1(too expensive)
Relics: 2
Chars: 4

Here’s an easy way to do it.

>Deep strike scatters again

Sarcasm aside though,

>deep strikers must be more than 12” away, unless they’re out of LoS

>deep strikers get -1 to hit with ranged attacks the turn they deep strike

I’m fuckin with ya few threads back there were actually arguments that SM needed more stuff.

It's more a case of

>Hurrrr I deployed all my units out in the open so I could do maximum damage on turn 1, then lost the roll-off and my army got tabled

than a genuine issue with the game/8E. If it's a genuine problem, it's more likely people just aren't using enough terrain because unsurprisingly, fighting it out over a vast, featureless desert tends to turn into a bloodbath.

Alpha striking isnt a problem, gunline players would rather get mad at being charged on turn one than add hard counters in their soup like fortifications.

Different strokes I guess. I love the play and counter play of moving screens, zoning out the table, and trying to exert better board control than your opponent.

What're you working on today /40kg/

Any new purchases? Working on any bois? Any recent games?

Attached: IMG_20180327_002934.jpg (1602x914, 458K)

I agree with both of you gentlemen. This is what I see more frequently than alpha strike actually being an issue.

Or else

The Kabalites I posted in the last thread. I think I'd get a dupe image error for posting it again.

yeah, dreads are decent, so are bommers,gorkamorkas and mek gunz but your big win is getting your boyz into their line.

orks and sperm cells kinda use the same tactics desu

What did you do to that poor dual assault cannon?

just wait for the codex bro

Waiting until I can go back to spray priming
Brush-on is so shitty

Except AdMech and IG, what are some okayish ally options for Banana bois? I have a limited budget so I would rather start with buying a single start collecting to boost my golden dudes or Dark Imperium half if primarines would do the trick

Attached: Just wear your armour.png (837x767, 1.13M)

>pay 3cp to turn your captain into a chapter master

>play bobby G and get 3 free cp for making him your warlord.

hmmm

I'd argue it isn't as for many alpha strike builds it has to work otherwise a major part of your list is now in a bad spot and hasn't done what it was supposed to do. The best defense is proper deployment and board layout. Admittedly I like the city based maps with plenty of buildings and what not that can block LoS for shooty armies and it makes it harder to get into position for alpha strikers.

Bought a baal dual assault cannon bit and mounted it inside the razorback turret. Slapped the hunter killer missile to the top because why no

The most loyal and trustworthy of Chapters; Hydra Warriors, and an Apothecary.

Attached: 1522085882404.jpg (736x550, 92K)

Why tho ? They're not going to use the Knightly ranks and it's just for shits and giggles anyway.

Brother Tyrese Kendrick lavonte freeman

Role: Ravenguard murderbird

Deathwatch

If first turn Alpha strike is too much then I'd add two Stratagems or the second player that can only be used in the first turn of the game

>Defensive Measures (1?CP) Use this when a unit is being charged, you may add +1 to its Overwatch attacks

>Dig In! (1?CP) Use this after a unit is designated as a target for a shooting attack but before the opponent rolls to hit, that unit may reroll failed armor saves for this phase.

That or give him one of the Ruse card from Open War.

Put green stuff on 20 flayed ones today. Gonna give them a couple days before I prime. Excited I finally found a use for the janky warriors my friend gave me a while ago.

Recently finished this guy

Attached: 20180309_133449.jpg (4032x3024, 3.21M)

Finished the bases on my Sentinels today. Gonna do....something else, I gotta look through the models I still have that need painting.

>Plastic SOB before plastic Aspect Warriors

;__;

Attached: 9EiGYtd.jpg (1200x800, 133K)

>was active in this general back in November/December and debating between Orks/Death Guard/Goldfags
>didn't pull the plug on any, still armyless
>here I am 4 months later and only really looking forward to Orks

Attached: kek.jpg (194x192, 18K)

Don't I need more bodies?

Space Wolves
Ruff Barkman
Useless member

>mfw I cant stop buying Terminators

Someone help me, what would you buy for a Black Templars army? Im going to get a Reiver squad and then was thinking of another Assault Terminator squad (for a total of 20 Terminators, mostly Lighting Claws) or some Inceptors.

What do

Attached: 08064010.jpg (252x320, 16K)

how do you get it to stick to the ceiling like that?

buy cataphractii terminators

You converted Warriors to Flayed ones?
How tough was it?

>only looking forward to orks

Ork players don't choose to play orks, the spirit of gork and mork choose them.

Yeah this has largely been my experience as well. I find most of the alpha strike issues I see come from really bad deployment and playing not enough LoS blocking terrain (particularly towards the center of the table).

I cant fucking believe my Kabal is the best one thus far.
Im so happy.

Attached: 1520199105191.jpg (2048x1536, 2.05M)

So if the emperor had intended to treat the primarchs as tools why did he raise Horus as more of a son even though he was found young compared to the other primarchs?

Attached: Horus_Master_of_Chaos.jpg (710x960, 100K)

Minotaurs boys.
Frag-cannon guy, /ourguys/ deserve the best toys.

this is true

It is a DG vehicle
I'd assume it'd be sticky naturally

So I’m a bit new to this happy in the grand scheme of things. How do I deal with wanting to change my paint scheme?

I’ve got a good start of an army painted but kinda wanna switch it up. Do I just do it?

Pic related I want to change my Tau to this scheme because I’m weeb trash.

Attached: FA469F4C-2F4D-4E97-8DFF-D75299D47398.jpg (600x600, 84K)

adding a lot of hard LOS blocking terrain seems to have mitigated the alpha strike issue in my gaming group, and we have guys who run lascannon gunlines and stuff. you really do need a lot though.

as for the deep strike thing, you can mitigate that by taking small cheap squads and placing them wide around your deployment zone so they arent getting in your lines. though to be fair, the deep strike thing has been a part of the game for a long time, its just the 1st turn deep strike thats new. so maybe deep strikers cant come in till turn 2?

Faith has its reward, user.

Attached: 1519192012406.png (405x386, 192K)

Just paint the models differently. Strip the old models using simple green

Brother Adolph of the Black Templars
Heavy Flamer

I like them but Obsidian Rose looks stronk.

>Brother Ignus
>Black Templar Chaplain, sent for being a bit more tolerant of other Chapter's atheism.

gonna need some troops there buddy. You seem pretty good on assault/anti infantry.

The Emperor being an emotionless prick who treated his sons as nothing more than tools were bullshit that manifested to Arkhan Land because that's how the latter wanted the Emperor to be.

The reason the Emperor treated Guilliman like a prick is because he never fucking liked the little shit since he was too ambitious by nature, and because he was in pure agony for 10,000+ years.

Attached: 1507675409639.png (396x396, 277K)

>No shooting(/psychic?) phase during first turn (of each player)
>Everyone has their BS capped at 5+ during the first turn (of each player)
>Units gain an additional +1 to their save from cover during the first turn

Yeah because fuck shooty armies amirite?

Ultramarines Alpha Legion Librarian

Why does it seem like every fucking person who posts here is from Texas?

I noticed it again last thread but 70% of the time someone mentions where they're at it's somewhere in fucking DFW, what's the deal? I mean I'm a Texanon too and a regular at TTS, I just never meet you people (that I know of) in person. It's so weird how many autists on this specific general of this specific board on this specific website overwhelmingly come from the same place???

Attached: IMG_2249.jpg (2000x1333, 519K)

get started, you've got some serious dip and flick to be doing, brother.

Thanks dude!
I've never been a fan of footdar but they could work pretty decently with those tactics honestly.

Attached: 1520790717744.jpg (1843x1382, 436K)

Someone suggested raising the total amount of your army that has to be on the board, so increase it from 50% to about 60-70% instead. About a squad or two depending on how much you're putting on the field. Putting it to turn 2 would just delay what you already know will happen and will just encourage more defensive play. I'd rather have more aggressive play where we fight over objectives in the middle of the board.

Which one is that?

Already have like 50 Marines that can provide all kinds of roles, I think Im good for a while.

Brother Doryssus
Minotaurs
Heavy thunder hammer/Vegeta of the Group

They also work fine in boats but yeah I'm excited to webway in 20 warriors with 2 blasters at 15" and start to exert board control.

There's a lot of people in Texas. I'm in Fort Worth, so I have only gone to TTS like once because it's too much of a drive for my lazy ass. I mostly stick to my friend group for matches, but if I go to a store I usually hit up Warhammer Fort Worth or Evo.

Melbourne user reporting in

Never been to burgerland, don't really want to either

Attached: 300px-CatachanJungleFighters[1].jpg (300x291, 20K)

Protip: if your tables aren't this terrain dense you are doing tabletop gaming wrong.

Attached: cityfight.jpg (1024x575, 82K)

I'd pass around a nice healthy dose of git gud

Brother Chumbli
White Scars
Maverick assault marine the plays by his own rules.

are boltguns comparable to any real-life guns?
i'm guessing they're like grenade launchers but more bullet-ish

Everyone sees the Emperor in a different way. What Horus saw as Worlds #1 Dad-tier parenting could have been the Emperor just paying particular attention to the first of the Primarch weapon systems he managed to recover and Horus' mind filling in the blanks with his need for validation.

He's a prick to Guilliman because he's been in agony for 10k years and is beyond caring about petty shit like keeping his tools happy, particularly since he's apparantly become more powerful and presumably knows Guilliman isn't about to go rogue just because Daddy doesn't love him the same way he knew that he wouldn't survive the Horus Heresy.

no room to swing a cat in this crowd

They're basically Gyrojets.

Crimson fists
Ranger veteran

texas probably has the most developed wargaming market compared to anywhere else in the US. It's why the warhammer cafe is being tested there.

Alternating activation's each phase
Otherwise the game doesn't work

Brother Zulu of the Salamanders
Tactical marine, diplomatic leader

demonhunter armiger is coming along

Attached: 100_1543.jpg (1280x960, 238K)

>Posts with a Catachan
>From Melbourne

Literally the Soyest city on the planet.