The lines are mountains

The lines are mountains.

Would the marked countries become deserts?

Attached: Prototype.png (840x1192, 26K)

make your setting however you want. nobody is going to care if it's geologicially correct

Depends on the wind patterns, and probably latitude.

That depends on a lot of other things. How high are the mountains? How do the jet streams flow? What is the climate?

Look at South America, the desert is on the east side of the major mountain range in the south, but on the west side in the north.

Look at the Eastern US. The mountain range is long and low, there's no desert on either side.

So just make it however you want.

Tell me of the wind and sea currents, and of latitude.

I don't look so much at geography, but I don't want to make absolute nonsense.

So south = Mediterranean and west = Midwest/Great Plains wouldn't be complete nonsense?

man it's fantasy for a reason, I know a dude whose setting is a hollow cubical planet, do you think anyone ever comes up to him like "that's not realisticccc"

It depends on wind, sea temperatures, and more.

Here, let me show you some wind maps and things. Let's take this as the base map.

Attached: BaseMap.png (1000x500, 322K)

Then draw in the currents. Currents move clockwise north of the equator and anti-clockwise south of the equator. They generally try and move in circles along the large central seas.

Attached: TideMaps.png (1000x500, 306K)

Now let's take average global temperature, in this case we're cold.

Attached: Icecaps.png (1000x500, 593K)

Now global wind patterns. They go in much the same way as tidal except they try and move from high to low pressure zones. High pressure is generally above water and low pressure above land. Also you can see they move in those large bands around the world.

Attached: WindMaps.png (1000x500, 294K)

Now you have:
>temperature
>moisture
>temperature adjustment

You can make a biomes map! Remember mountain ranges generally block rain and that the farther inland you go generally the dryer it gets. The key in this map is:
>grey = tundra
>red = woodland/scrubland
>dark blue = temperate forest
>light blue = temperate seasonal forest
>dark green = rainforest
>green/yellow = tropical seasonal forest/savanna
>light green = boreal forest
>orange = dessert
>brown = temperate gransland/cold desert

Attached: BiomeMap.png (1000x500, 632K)

>I'm not into geography

>Here, have all the geography!

Nice work though, very helpful.

Basically:
In between two mountain chains = fertile valley.
Otherwise = Hills or desert.

Then why do you care? Stop posting.

this is amazing

But spergs on Veeky Forums map threads will >:C

>>:C
You have to be 18 to post here.

But user, you forgot that high pressure and low pressure move depending on the season! Your maps are garbage!!!!!!!

Or, more seriously to those who don't want too much "into geography", there's really a variety of cut-off points you can make for what's too much effort for climatology. I recommend at least knowing where your map is on the globe of its world, and if it's east coast knowing if it's on an Asian-size continent (monsoon season!) or just North American (not so much). Then just look at a map of Earth and find something kinda similar.

How the hell should I know, where is the ocean

Imagine actually taking that comment seriously.

Welcome to Veeky Forums, newfriend. We often use sarcasm here.