Probably more than half of crypto users keep their private keys in plaintext somewhere on their desktop

probably more than half of crypto users keep their private keys in plaintext somewhere on their desktop

No, I downloaded gpg4win and encrypt everything;)

I do!

I keep my crypto on an exchange

Cooiiiinbaaaassseeee
and binance

i keep my private keys in written text somewhere in my desktop

That's right. Who's going to hack me? Bangladesh Steve? I only go to Veeky Forums and exchanges.

Jokes on you all my crypto is sitting on Binance.

No point getting dozens of different wallets.
I'd rather just split them across different exchanges desu.

the chad way

Yeah binance is too big to fail ain't it?

100% on an exchange here too.
Started comfy at 4k now almost 20k I feel I should move it out to a wallet.

Still useless. All it takes is a rootkit or a keylogger to steal all your money.

About as likely to fail as me losing the key, accidently sending everything to the wrong address or having my house burnt to the ground desu

100% of my 20k crypto monopoly money on binance

>people unironically store their passwords in anything other than a physical piece of paper or a jpg file

LOL wiggers

>the virgin hardware wallet
>the chad exchange portfolio

What do you suggest?

mt gox anyone? too big to fail?

you fucking brainlets I have mine memorised see...

oaw2se651356d1wa7e1QW7CR35CS31XSC1565654we654sd6c421

Pussies

I just encrypt the wallet and copy the wallet.dat to another disk and another copy on sync.com

If wallet can only be accessed through privatekey/seed/whatever I put it in notepad and into an encrypted rar file.

I never wrote down any 20 word seed, it's a big ass risk having that lying around
It's not rocket science.

Just get a ledger and youll be fine

I don't even know how to use a wallet. 100% of my 2,000% crypto gains are on exchanges till I transfer large 100k sums to my bank without paying taxes

this.

though i keep all my passwords in a book that i have locked in a safe.

the cheap way is to get a USB thumbdrive and encrypt it and keep it in a safe

you can also shell out a little for an Ironkey to be extra safe

prob should user. U can use my wallet to keep them safe for the time being

What if they go MtGox on your ass

>Spoiler Alert: There's no way to perfectly hide any secure information unless you memorize it all

WEW LAD, WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT

Hardware wallet like nano ledger s, or have a computer that has never been connected and will never connect to the internet for signing transactions. Preferably running Linux.

I keep my encrypted on S3 behind 2fa.

So i just buy the ledger and transfer my coins there? does the ledger give me address or whatever to send them? noob here making too much money and already paranoid

I keep my private keys copied onto 3 different encrypted flash drives. One is in a fireproof safe at my house, another is in a safety deposit box, and another is in my grandparents attic.

did i do good Veeky Forums

mines on keepass, is that safe!?

Gettin a nano would be less hassle, about as expensive and more secure. Like wtf

go to youtube for a tut. many many

>have $200k in crypto
>80% of it is on binance
>keep BTC and MEW private keys and google authenticator master keys in notepad files on my desktop and "encrypted" on google drive

get on my level plebs

>a safety deposit box
you leave it 24/7 in a place controlled by jews, dude?

Traumatic head injury. Now what?

>He doesn't have his PV key tattood on his cock

Pleb tier. People can only access my wallet by rolling back my foreskin

this is why you need to write down everything, even the passwords you've been using forever and think you know by heart

That's smart, they say keep it somewhere noone will ever see it

encrypt and store files on the cloud with backup keys. Multiple hardware wallets etc.
Encrypting a usb stick isnt the safest imo. You could end up like the user who's external drive got destroyed in a flood and he had all his private keys encrypted on it.

>tfw have my private keys in an e-mail to my gf

FUCK FUCK FUCK REEEEEE WHY

>trusting proprietary coding to protect your investments

user pls. my way is just as secure and 10x cheaper

Kek u people who worry about paper wallets. U could litterally leave it by a stack of bills on your counter.

>home invasion
>steals $350 Black Friday 4K TV
>leaves 500 BTC wallet
>crack heads

So, how do you fight against keyloggers?

with a key scrambler

thats why u have multiple copies stored in very different places

if you keep all of your keys stored in 1 spot you deserve to lose all your gains

Only hookers but they're too dumb to know what it is

That's why they're sex workers

>80% of it is on binance
If your exchange goes under, you will be regretting that.

reminds me of that lady who had a buttoin QR code for a tramp stamp. the height of convenience, some say.

>encrypt and store files on the cloud
>the cloud

Why does nobody use a hardware wallet????

jesus i also have $200k in crypto but maybe 10% of that is on an exchange and even then i feel uneasy