Lets talk about Bitcoin for real

Lets talk about Bitcoin for real.

This piece of shit is dying because the market is slowly waking up to it's uselessness as a store of value, as a currency, as a means of exchange. It is going the path of AOL - the hype for it is dying and superior competitors are already all over the place. This thing is going to drop like a rock, sooner than most realize.

The looming question is what happens to the rest of the crypto market when this happens. Alts have been rising as Bitcoin is descending for the past couple of weeks now, but if Bitcoin took a nosedive, what would happen? Would it tank the alts this time around? Would most of them persist through unscathed? What projects would have the best chance of surviving a dump like this?

Curious to hear the opinions of fellow anons who've been in this game a while.

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.bitpay.com/multiple-blockchains/
youtube.com/watch?v=sbD0kiTddEs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Alts feast on bitcoins decay symbiotically

They have to do a big crash sooner or later to get all the money from the normies, who knows when and how long it will last, im just staying in actual projects for now, fuck chasing pnd, i can afford to hold through a crypto winter

My opinion is that we've been saying what you've said for literally years and it doesn't fucking matter.

Ironically, autists don't understand the value of Bitcoin because a lot of it is simply brand name and security. What's going to happen is right now the altcoins will keep rising until Bitcoin reaches its peak, and then more money will flood back into Bitcoin and alts will dip a little bit, and then the cycle will continue.

It's really pretty simple and most investors have caught on to it.

That technique simply hasn't worked for weeks now. Once it hit $20k, it's been on a downward trajectory ever since. If you moved your alt gains into Bitcoin, there's good chances you lost out on fiat gains, which frankly, are more relevant now than ever that Bitcoin can't be trusted to hold it's value.

anyone shitting on bitcoin does not understand the value of an immutable monetary policy

with all these altcoins - someone controls them. they can alter the inflation rates, they can freeze your coins

bitcoin is the only coin that guarantees financial sovereignty

i just took about 50% out of my alts today into ETH, riding this pump then will go to BTC. rinse and repeat.

>Not understanding at all
t. believer in fiat

illuminatis are gobling it all up. they will own all the btc. keep selling, cucks. keep trading it for useless private tokens that will never be used. u're all weak and pathetic.

I think Ethererum will probably replace BTC in the near future.

> This piece of shit is dying because the market is slowly waking up to it's uselessness as a store of value
Are you retarded? As long as it is used as the almost universal trade pair it has huge demand: billions worth of it has to be kept on exchanges. That keeps a price floor. The moment exchanges will start offering other pairs to let traders save on fees of having to convert every time, it's doomed.

but why would i use bcash when i could use tons of superior coins?

Bcash will be used in stores like Openbazaar soon, most cryptos cannot be used to buy stuff

never heard of open bazaar

what im getting at is the only reasno people shill bcash so hard is because they got the free airdrop

its a really bad coin if you actually compare it to others

Even when it does go to 25k people will still claim it's dying as it dips to 16k. They'll do this all the way to a million

deluded fucking op, your analysis is bullshit. its the most secure and tried store of value in the history of mankind you fucking idiot. it doesnt matter if there is something better. when will you fucking learn

A lot of people use it. Bitpay is adding BCH support too.

I cashed out 10 btc at 15k. i used to believe in bitcoin but after seeing how long it takes to confirm and how much fees cost i don't think it's going to succeed.

i'm going to save the cash in my vanguard account so i can at least feel good that i came out ahead

That's a scary thought. BTC is shit but is it that shit even ETH which is far too complex for a currency will take its place?

the transaction volume is nonexistent :/

altcoins>ETH>>>LTC>BCH>>>BTC

Because it has a billion of dollar of infrastructure waiting for it to use from the dying BTC beast?

Ummm BTC is in a bull flag and is about to take another leg up. You've been warned. Screencap this

wow, entire weeks.

What's going to happen is what always happens, alts will peak at around spring/summer at which time you exit alts and get into btc for the real bullrush coming later this year

altcoins are still worthless and bitcoin is the only one that matters. The fact that so many crypto newfags from 2017 don't get this yet means they're going to get fucking slaughtered.

it broke out of the downward trajectory a couple days ago. i drew lines on a graph, i know things

nobody uses crypto for payments man

we just speculate

Bitcoin's valuation right now is based on pure speculation, treating it as an asset.

It'll always have some value as a means of exchange with other coins, but the fees are too high for it to ever be used as an actual currency.

>What projects would have the best chance of surviving a dump like this?

How many times does it need to be said? The pizza guy will follow your wallet address, discover your millions, rape your wife, shoot your doggo, piss on your rug, threaten to shoot your kids unless you give him the fucking money.

There were multiple 5MB+ blocks last week

ETH will arguably behave more like a currency than BTC soon with the PoS update. You'll basically be able to earn interest on your ETH by staking, there will be incredible demand for an asset that produces returns.

For what it's worth, I conduct all my trades in ETH now because the transfer fees are lower, it's faster and it's more stable.

thats a good point
i should invest in a privacy coin

Don't confuse other alt coins with fidgetfags

and the timing between that block and others?

probably around an hour

eth and xmr obviously

>finding a floor at 15k
>dying
dude, check what price it was 12 months ago. fucking newcoiners who think they know everything.

Bitpay is using it:

blog.bitpay.com/multiple-blockchains/

Steam used Bitpay, maybe they'll pick crypto back up now that the fees are low again.

Don’t bother arguing. People charge tens of thousands of dollars for info you just put out for fucking free. The tears of alts will be sweet sweet melodies to the king.

>probably

you're retarded m8

This sounds exceptionally simple and effective.

Care to share more on this pattern?

Bitcoin is the only decentralised coin.
You know, the point about "uselessness", mempool, difficulty, blocksize ?
You know WHY it's a "problem" in the first stize ?
Because the fundamentals of bitcoin, that is scarcity ( only 21 millions ) and decentralisation ( small blocksize ) ARE ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO CHANGE

THE VERY DOWNSIDE YOU LIST IS "THE" BGGEST UPSIDE OF BITCOIN, IT'S THE FUCKING KIKEKILLER, IT'S OWNED BY NO ONE, IT CAN'T BE PRINTED TO OBLIVION, AND IT'S FUCKING IMPOSSIBLE TO CHANGE

ALL OTHERS FUCKING "GREAT PROJECTS" ARE LITERALLY CENTRALISED, CAN BE CHANGED COMPLETELY BY A SMALL GROUP OF PEOPLE OR EVEN ONE SINGLE FUCKING DUDE

BITCOIN IS A NATURAL RESOURCE LIKE GOLD, SHITCOINS ARE VAPORWARE THAT WILL SOON, IF NOT SINCE THEIR INCEPTION, BE SUBVERTED BY KIKES TO GET YOUR ACTUALLY VALUABLE BITCOINS

That said, when bitcoin goes sideways, definitely play the alt game.
Remember, more satoshis is all that matters.

Steam dropped bitcoin purchases because the pumping was creating massive headaches with refunds and shit
It costs $4-$8 to transfer bitcoin in under an hour. Its nothing really..

sorry that nobody uses the coin that roger ver is paying you to shill man

there are other coins out there. get with the program

doesn't matter

NEO or ETH is going to be the exchange currency of choice

Bitcoin is a proof of concept that got out of hand

seriously this though

although surely there are some decent alts as well? its not all bullshit like fucking ripplefags

isn't eth going to be replaced though? in a couple years anyways, not now

Lol @ all the newbies who just got into this shit in the past month and haven't experienced an altocaust yet. Fundamentals don't matter at ALL in crypto. Fucking TRON and RIPPLE just pumped to Mars for fucks sake, half the top marketcap coins are centralized pre-mined token shit and no one cares. It's all sentiment. And BTC has an irriplacable sentiment.

Alts may keep pumping for a few more weeks but at some point they're going to get justed HARD when people take profits by going back into BTC (and maybe ETH now).

Do people really think these whales are pumping alts for more eth or teathers

The fact that it is going sideways would suggest that it is a good store of value, not the opposite.

Veeky Forums is sleeping on bitcoin it's almost hilarious saying this in 2018

>decentralisation ( small blocksize )

You realize almost every crypto functions the same way as BTC? Its only advantage is the high hashrate but even that will not be the case for very long

btc into eth, eth is pumped and btc is weakened, alt/eth pairs take a dive, eth is put into alts, alts are pumped, alts are dumped into btc via alt/btc pairs
at least thats what a couple whales I know have been doing

Don’t argue with him. He’s been doing this for 2 weeks so he mows what’s up.

Fees that high have no place in peer to peer transactions. They're no good for business either, like at all. Hell the time Steam actually axed Bitcoin transactions they probably were still only $8, kek much much higher these days. The whole point is to be able to buy things like cash. "Store of value" is an excuse for expensive and slow piece of shit controlled by kikes to ruin the community with pointless fighting over something as simple as fucking block size. But now that bitcoin doesn't work you can't your banker fidget spinners for under $4. Good goy.

you realize there's a 2nd layer coming and fees are required to replace inflation while maintaining security right

they don't raise the fees to be dicks it's all part of self regulated system

bankers arent using xrp though, they use other ripple products and not the coin. one small bank might use the coin thats its. its a misunderstanding being bought as a rumour. don't wait to sell on the news, there wont be any

How come nobody ever considers that the same bankers issuing XRP tokens for bitcoin rn aren't just going to short sell and dump all the bitcoin?

They're going to destroy the market guys. XRP doesn't have fiat gates.

I don't know of a single fucking coin whose dev is unknown/already dead like bitcoin.
Do you trust think pajeet/moshe/chang ?
And if you do trust them, do you really trust them to have enough integrity to not change their ( yes, THEIR, they OWN IT since it's their BITCH ) coin if someone threaten their loved ones ?

If only the rich and powerful can be nodes, then the coin is already dead.
You know why there's this shilling by the chink and kikes to switch to beecash ? BECAUSE THE MINING MONOPOLY OF THE CHINKS IS ABOUT TO BE BROKEN BY THE NIPS AND RUSKIES, THAT'S WHY, THEY'RE DESPERATE YOU DIMWIT

Hey chump change kiddo, $8 fees aint shit when companies are able to move tens of thousands to millions of dollars across the world within an hour. Think big.

>kek much much higher these days
I transferred the other day for $5 in 45 minutes. Anyone paying more than $10 in fees is a retard.

>fees are required to replace inflation while maintaining security right
>he actually believes this

Other cryptos will rise in 2018 and corecucks like you will lose everything

I can't believe how easy it was for ver to dupe all of you
he created ripple he created bcash and is using these 2 products to get rich there is no substance behind them

>If only the rich and powerful can be nodes, then the coin is already dead.

No, you're an idiot. Watch this educational video: youtube.com/watch?v=sbD0kiTddEs

because xrp is basically a scam coin floating upwards on misunderstood rumours the ripple people were all too happy to milk.
big banks have not expressed interest in xrp tokens, a single small financial institute agreed to work with xrp thats it.

people are buying ripple because they think the big banks they hate are going to be working with it? and then it turns out thats all rumour and delibrately manipulated misunderstanding anyways. this bubble of delusion is going to pop and feed right into bitcoin

How are you coming to term with BTC's death user?

My honest take. I have been here since 2014 and many of you would say that I "made it"

The future for bitcoin is pretty grim. It will never die off entirely, but at this point it is entirely staying afloat off of first mover advantage, brand recognition, some people still believing in the "store of value" concept, some people using bitcoin to trade alts, and some people offering life support by betting on it rebounding to new ATHs.

However, several notable things have happened with bitcoin in this last bull run that are distinct from its past behaviors. Firstly, bitcoin showed its age in the fact that it couldn't handle the demand and transaction fees skyrocketed. Furthermore, as a result of the backlogged mempool, transaction times became laughable. As a result of this, dumb money has become seduced by the promises of a "better bitcoin". And how do they chase these altcoins without paying insane fees - they use ethereum or litecoin. But with ethereum trading pairs being more popular, I predict that ethereum will essentially replace bitcoin as the gatekeeper of altcoins. I think that ethereum will moon beyond everyone's expectations this year. Now it already has mooned a bit and is at ATH right now, but when the shitcoin bubble pops and it will, the money is coming back to ethereum and not bitcoin. I unironically believe this and thought this would be impossible just a few months ago.

I'm doing pretty well and I'm diversified
It's just when you read about systems and their end games only bitcoin has the long term vision capable of remaining decentralized while being able to scale.

Yeah, mined XRP. It just exist because Ripple created it. All the XRP that has entered the market has been a swap that came from them, or any partners they gave XRP to. Your bitcoin for their completely fucking useless token.

This my friend is traditional banking.

Not going to even bother refuting Core arguments rn. Core fucked us all, just up the fucking blocksize man, release LN when its ready. Now XRP shit tokens masquerading as crypto currency is fucking up absolutely everything because Core cannot get their shit together.

What I don't fucking understand is large banks have already begun development on their own blockchains anyway. They started years ago too, this shit is retarded.

>the market is slowly waking up to it's uselessness as a store of value, as a currency, as a means of exchange
Dude, bitcoin has been around for 9 fucking years despite all of its drawbacks. Most of alts haven't been around even for 9 months and yet you say the market is able to recognize them as superior pieces of tech.

1mb blocksize means you can have a node in bumfuck africa.
you can have a node in fucking antartica.
You can have a node on the FUCKING MOON

If you can change the fundamentals of the coins, you can make sure no one but a select few can afford the storage space.
And with the terabyte blocksize comes the impossibility of the coin to spread to unwealthy country, to bumfuck nowhere, to fucking SPACE due to FUCKING LATENCY

You RETARDED NIGGER, why do you think TRUSTLESS is one of the FUCKING FUNDAMENTAL

>Bitcoin is the only decentralised coin.

Decentralized in name only. Blockstream/Core controls everything. They make the rules. The people running the nodes are their slaves.

>You know, the point about "uselessness", mempool, difficulty, blocksize ?
>You know WHY it's a "problem" in the first stize ?

Bitcoin's value has nothing to do with these bullshit problems that aren't fixed. All of the value comes from the speculative mania. That's the only attraction of Bitcoin! When it loses that attraction, people will dump it like a piece of trash.

I think the king is truly dying this time around.. It's still a household name and will still experience growth, but dominance won't go back above 50% anymore. People say it's a cycle but there only ever was one dominance dip, and things were very different then:
>During the last dominance dip there were few normies in the space, NEETs upon realizing btc was already kind of outdated almost flippened ETH and crowned vitalik as the successor to satoshi
But then,
>eth grew too fast and experienced a major correction which made money flow violently back to BTC
>Normie money came and went through btc the gateway coin which caused a major pump

So btc remained king for the past 6 months. But, during this time, also:
>Bch's constant sieges on btc and all the forking every other week drama really hurt btc's reputation
>Transaction times and fees got really bad. We used to complain about $5 transactions like it was the worst thing since communism, and i dont even know how high they are anymore. I've heard people say $30 and $40 but i dont move btc around. While I agree that if btc is a store of value these aren't that relevant, people are still moving money to and from exchanges and wallets all the fucking time and you better believe it's frustrating for them.
>Normies are starting to become aware of alts
>Futures market has many afraid wall street is going to outsmart them and take their money

I have moved completely into eth for now. If the king shows some promise i'll humbly bow and go like 50% btc, but i don't think it's going to happen anymore.

I'm sure my folio is larger, faggot. Fees over a few cents to move a million dollars is unacceptable.

no one mined*

>1mb blocksize means you can have a node in bumfuck africa.

Yeah but they can't even make a single transaction because of the fees. And don't fucking say LN, that will not be available for a long time and even if it is, it will take forever until all the companies implement it.
Idiots like you don't even know what a node is, you have fallen for Blockstream propaganda, my friend

>just up the fucking blocksize man
no

I love how the greatest use of ETH is to speculate on shitcoins.
I'm not complaining or anything, ETH is my reserve currency not BTC for this very reason.
I view myself in a race against time to make it before it all crashes. I figure that the bubble is just getting started with the Norman just starting to come in. I have 100k total and 45 in ETH proper so I feel that I can make it in a year.

New fags that missed the btc moon mission will continue to butthurt COPE -t. S. Nakamoto

Nodes with no hashing power don't do jack shit for the network. Watch the video user posted.

>He thinks bitcoin is decentralised

God you are dumb

Nigger tier propaganda here

Blockstream accounts for like 10% of changes to code

It’s open source development. Nobody controls it

Nodes verify the Blockchain rules

That’s the key part that chink cash shills omit

If nodes are centralized in the hands of miners then they can change the rules as they see fit

No they aren't, anyone can fork off at any time. Anyone can choose to not update their software at any time. You don't understand how any of this works

Buy KYScoin

Im convinced since it recovered from its drop below 10k that 15k is going to be the usual range unless some major legislation happens

Continue to bleed value then. Really doesn't matter at this point. I'm almost fully divested out of btc.

Fees are an integral part of the WHOLE FUCKING THING AND ARE SELF-REGULATING
WHO DO YOU THINK IS PAYING FOR THE FUCKING ELECTRICITY COST OF THE FUCKING INFRASTRUCTURE YOU FUCKING COMMIE

The mempool will empty like by magic once the nip farm goes online anyway, since the chinks and kikes are the ones flooding the mempool in the first place.

Anyone can run a Bitcoin node, that's why small blocks are important. You can run a Bitcoin node on a Raspberry pi using solar power in a village in Africa

Nodes can verify if rules are being broken, but they can't do anything about it. The only way to have a meaningful impact on the network is to have hashpower.

I know

I was referring to bcash retards who think that terabyte blocks is an actual intelligent way to scale a blockchain

People running nodes don't get any benefit doing it.

Regular nodes don't have the enforcement power of full nodes.

Running a full node requires a good computer and high bandwidth internet connection, something that most Africans don't have.

Running a Bitcoin is doing work for free. Bitcoin's work/reward model is bad.

If rules are broken then the user base will switch away from those miners and their mining equipment will be rendered worthless

Read the white paper for a change

It’s all game theory

They verify the rules but it's pointless for the network. If the miners decide to change the protocol you can see that they're doing it but you cannot do anything to stop them.

It is hopeless to talk to people like you.

Exactly my thoughts. Ethereum definitely has its drawbacks, as any early gen coin naturally would, but it is without doubt the safest place to be right now. It hasn't been pumped to hell and back in the past 3 months and it is currently the powerhouse behind this normie alt boom. Txs/day reaching ATH every day and I don't see any stopping to this. I am really just hoping that scaling solutions are implemented sooner than later so that dApps can begin to actually implement their visions for the world. I think that while for now ethereum is mostly used for betting on shitcoins and ponzis, if it successfully scales and it becomes the #1 smart contract platform (as it should) then I can see Ethereum being easily worth trillons. If the sort of utopian (but achievable IMO) vision of Vitalik is fulfilled then ethereum's value will be derived from its utility and success as a platform. This is ultimately necessary for the success of the platform because without it, it is just another speculative asset like the rest of coins

So your proposal for the node being pointless due to being expensive to run is TO MAKE THEM EVEN MORE EXPENSIVE TO RUN ?
A LITTLE KID THAT DIDN'T EVEN GET HIS DICK CUT WOULD PILPUL BETTER THAN THAT YOU CUNT

>I'm almost fully divested out of btc.
goodluck

I feel like there aren't any coins solving the scaling issue without sacrificing security or decentralization.
I cashed out enough to live for at least 10 years and I don't day trade so no stress we'll see.

tfw BTC transactions taken over 48 hours and still 0 confirmations

tfw missed the dip

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>altcoins are worthless and bitcoin is king

with you until there. some alts seem like the actual future of money, or at least hints and whispers of it

Nope read the white paper

If people are watching the miners they will not cheat because they would get fired. It would “invalidate the basis of their wealth”

It’s all game theory

If we scale the blocksize to the point where nobody can watch the miners it becomes a “who watches the watchmen” scenario

>I feel like there aren't any coins solving the scaling issue without sacrificing security or decentralization.

You're a brainlet

Poor niggers in Africa running nodes doesn't secure the network.

>implying miners are the only ones running nodes
>tells me to read the white paper

The only people who need to run nodes are miners and merchants. Merchants only want to run nodes for 0-conf, it just so happens that they can verify that there is no fuckery on the network as well.

>steady at 15 THOUSAND per coin, up from 1 thousand a year ago
>death

doing pretty good, i'm 50/50 alts/btc but i dont have delusions of any major flippening and will be 100% btc by this spring. Have fun thinking this time is different, newfag

they arent.