Is coinbase insolvent? Certainly explains the delays

Is coinbase insolvent? Certainly explains the delays.

They let you instantly buy, but are probably selling coins they don't have yet. The backlog is likely them waiting to have the coins to transfer.

It started like this at mt.gox

Other urls found in this thread:

support.coinbase.com/customer/portal/articles/1662379-how-is-coinbase-insured-
coinbase.com/security
reddit.com/r/mtgoxinsolvency/
youtube.com/watch?v=2mJ0sYCBmxw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Its the high traffic ..

anyway i have no stakes there :)

do you all keep your cryptos on coinbase or do you send them to your own wallet ?

>not forwarding them to exchanges
Your money should be making you more money user. You don't just HODL BTC like someone's grandparent.

yes but you can also lose money and i don't want to risk that i'm already really liking my gains so far

Any amount you would cry over goes to offline wallet. I got mt.goxed, never again. My shit is on a usb in my fireproof gun safe.

(Assuming youre hodling. If you trade regularly, still keep SOME in an offline wallet in case, but you're probably fine on exchange as ling as you move your shit at the very first sign of trouble. I'm jumpy after gox, i moved some coins offsite while binance was upgrading the other night)

Coinbase is insured, provided they’ve been paying their insurance policy. So if your shit disappears, the insurance policy will have to pay out to make their customers whole.

Isn't it just more safe to keep it on Coinbase? Something could always happen to your USB. Coinbase is insured, right?

Only the USD Wallet on Coinbase is FDIC Insured, like how banks Insure your bank accounts. Your Cryptocurrency Wallets are NOT insured, so if anything happens to your cryptocurrencies, you won't see them ever again. But if your USD wallet gets fucked you'll get most if not all of your money back. I just learned though that they only keep 2% of users funds online and the rest offline which is interesting

support.coinbase.com/customer/portal/articles/1662379-how-is-coinbase-insured-

coinbase.com/security

I gave up on cuck base a long time ago.
absolute shit company

No the shitchains are all clogged up with pajeets, chinks, and Stacies buying $50worth of TRON and thinking they are the wolf of wall street

Thank you user

Because of their insurance they only have 2% of all funds in active wallets and the rest in cold storage. See link above.

>Is coinbase insolvent? Certainly explains the delays.
I was thinking the exact same thing actually

>Trying to blame the blockchain
Shapeshifted some coin from eth in a matter of minutes
Try again shlomo

This maybe makes sense for ETH but LTC is affected as well. It's not an ERC20 coin. Totally different chain. This should all but confirm a problem.

So here's what happened when gox collapsed from being insolvent.

First all withdraws were frozen. People warned, but few listened because they were the biggest. They were coinbase big and back when there was almost no competition.

Then the site closed down and declared bankruptsy. But we'll still get our money, right? Just wait...

So into the class action we went. Me and everyone else went through the motions of providing our gox balances, needing to pay attention and opting into next phases of the suit, etc.

In the end, they engineered it in a way that the lawyers sucked up every remaining asset, nobody got a payout, and nobody went to jail.

So no, your money is not safe in the biggest exchange. The USD wallet might be but none of your coins. You will get blacked

Where the fuck is the free market. We should have 20 CB's to buy from.

There's kraken but their site is down every 10 minutes and thats even more sketchy.

Local bitcoins is probably best option

reddit.com/r/mtgoxinsolvency/

Huh, didnt know it was still going.
My claim was denied in the day.

>Is coinbase insolvent? Certainly explains the delays.
No idiot. It isn't insolvent and it doesn't explain the delays.

Fucking kek

>Is coinbase insolvent
Yes
t.employee

Explain your reasoning, or shill

Keep in mind coinbase is a US based company and mtgox was not (Japan).

Considering how big coinbase is, I have the feeling they would not be able to get away with stealing money and running away, especially considering they seem to work closely with the IRS and possibly other govt entities. I trust them enough to keep my investments there

That being said, it's not outside the realm of possibility. Bernie Madoff got away with stealing billions from Americans, and an incompetent/corrupt SEC helped him get away with it. Always be cautious with your money

I wouldn't trust the US companies anymore than Japan. It would need to be based out of a smaller country like Switzerland or Hong Kong that ARE FITTE FORCED to protect investors because that's what keeps their economies so comfy.

He didn't exactly get away with it. He's serving a life sentence.

Got away in the sense that most of Madoff's victims never got reimbursed. Hell, even the lawyer who managed the assets in that case got something like a billion dollars (yes, that much) for that work.

My point is that any of us could be screwed when we least expect it, and lose it all. If someone is really concerned about security they should just buy bonds or something.

>Explain your reasoning, or shill
How about this 2016 video?
youtube.com/watch?v=2mJ0sYCBmxw