As an experiment I took out 1k of my main stack and decided to try and double it. After waking up...

As an experiment I took out 1k of my main stack and decided to try and double it. After waking up, I finally did it after 15 days. Some lessons:

>focus on doubling btc value, not fiat
>anyone sleeping on crypto is a joke, you can double your money with little effort. Why would anyone ever even try stocks is beyond me
>I only went all in on trades. It hurts more when you take a loss (see graph) but the gains are much faster than when you diversify
>yoyo effect always happens. When something drops 25% from ath and stabilizes, it is safe to buy (unless of course some major news came out like confido)
>I did not try to chase moon missions
>cheap coins have much more room for growth, even if the cap is already high. A 20$ coin to go 2x is much more effort than a 0.20$ coin to hit x2
>always sleep in btc unless you are absolutely certain it is going to do something positive in the night

Nigger thats nothing

I did an experiment before where I bought 200 dollars worth of every low cap coin (under 15m), there were 9 coins total

...After 12 fucking weeks its was 60 grand USD. 60 fucking grand

Wow you doubled in 3 weeks time..

Congrats, everyone did!

Also, because I went for moderate profits I never had moon missions. I went for safe profits, even though most of the time I would have been better off setting a stop loss at my sell and waiting for it to grow further. But hindsight is 20/20.

btc graph

just out of curiosity, what coins did you pick?

have you managed to swap them for BTC or ETH though? g.l selling
d-did t-they?

>cheap coins have much more room for growth, even if the cap is already high. A 20$ coin to go 2x is much more effort than a 0.20$ coin to hit x2

no wonder you took 15 whole days to double up, you god damn potato

Impressive. This was probably mid to early previous year? In that time span anything you bought would have been significantly increased due to lots of new money pouring in.

I don't consider it an accomplishment, just wondering how long it would take me. One "lucky" shitcoin on binance doing x2 and you can do this in a day. Just thought it would be a welcome perspective.

This is how it should look, wtf is up with all your dips.

>>focus on doubling btc value, not fiat
delete this they don't deserve to know.

I went all in each and every time I saw an opportunity and tried to lock in profits or minimize losses as soon as possible. I am not saying this is a good strategy, but it works. It took you 6 months.

Lol.. look at the dates on the bottom took me 5 days

Also, show your btc value. If you did x2 in fiat in 6 months, chances are you didn't outperform btc at all.

Oh whoops, nevermind. What were your trades?

Does this help you understand?

This is objectively false

I am a strong believer of market cap being important, but only in terms of relative comparison to other coins. Billion caped coins can double easily, if there is still room for growth relative to each other.

several different coins req/ripple/trx got in trx at .03 but sold at 9 now I'm 70%ven and 30%xlm. Got in VEN at 2.60 and xlm at .35ish

Dear OP, you have not been long enough in the market to spot trends. Be careful.

>babbys first double

Do it 10 more times and we will talk

What is the fucking advantage of this

>gains are much faster than when you diversify

What's the reasoning behind accumulation of BTC, not fiat?

Ya what’s the secret about this

because when btc doubles and you are sitting in inflationary fiat, you will have lost out on a ton of profit- an "economic loss"

it blows my mind that you think this deserves a post. it's not even that you're new and retarded either, plenty of people are new and retarded and have done 500% this week, it's just that for some reason you felt like we needed to here your pleb-tier advice from trading for one week.

go back to fucking reddit faggot

the faith that btc won't die down and return to higher heights.

Just offering a welcome perspective here.

good job user. Ignore the retards. There are probably ppl who appreciated your input that did not reply.

How will you have lost out? Almost everything has followed BTC's major bull runs.

BTC can double while small market caps 100x

Tell me why I am wrong

Btc will hit 100k,then 1mil. I'm not joking

Cool gains, what were your picks out of curiosity?

lol

This. Even black twitter is going 3x on Tron as we speak. I’ve made 2 trades last month and I’m up 7x since (moderate in comparison to others during the December bull run), meanwhile you wasted how much time chasing pumps for a measily 2x?

your perspective is almost as fucking useless as you and your hundreds of dollars are.

See my october/November moves for why holding alts during a btc run is a terrible idea (150k -> 50k)

Because btc outperforms fiat. If you are holding an alt, gain fiat but lose btc (meaning btc increased in fiat compensating your loss) you are better off holding btc.

Yes you lose BTC trading leverage however if BTC doubles, whatever fiat you have in it only doubles. If you have money in alts that are doubling and beyond your fiat does just the same. What the fuck am i missing

You have performed absolutely shit. Instead of preaching your trash strategy you should do some introspection and think how you can stop being shit at this in the future.

Btc is the benchmark of crypto. If your wotrth in terms of btc grows, then youre doing better than just hokding btc. If not, then youre making bad decisions and youre better off just holding btc cuz ur a brainlet.

Imagine trading stocks and being happy about your gains, until you realize you could have just put money into any fund and gotten more, for no work, and way less risk.

>not in 2 days
Never going to make it

Btc is a shit benchmark. Much better benchmark is the overall growth of the crypto marketcap. Literally holding fiat gives you more gains than bitcoin these days, since bitcoin has started a slow decline into the trashcan.

You are completely retarded most your advice is just bad. You got lucky in a fucking dumb money speculative bull market. You dont have any insight cause you did something literally everyone here has done.

yeah but what he said has nothing to do with market cap, you can have a small market cap with larger value coins e.g. sky compared to ripple

There is the potential of getting more gains if you had sold for Bitcoin, that is all why the BTC pair goes up and your alt goes down.

Your value of what you are holding does not depreciate to fiat, as the value of bitcoin increase is also relative to the value of alts.

The only reason why people sell is becaues they want to safeguard their investments. But this is a trick because you lose your position and when bitcoin tanks you pretty much wish you never bought this piece of garbage in the first place

>Doubled it in 3 weeks
>While even the shittiest of shitcoins went up 500%

Impressive. Very nice.

That's seriously impressive gainz and nice quads, too. What coins did you ride this past week?

REQ, ENG, LINK.

I intend to hold on to them until 2020, unless something drastic happens like both Sergey and Steve dying in a plane crash. 20% is used to chase retarded normie moon missions to accumulate more of the above.

one of the few times ive ever felt like thanking Veeky Forums niggers

>always sleep in btc unless you are absolutely certain it is going to do something positive in the night

You're losing gains brah. I've trained myself to sleep in 4 hour cycles. Wake up, look at charts, make a few trades. Sleep another 4 hours. I don't feel tired at all

Yeah, your advices about BTC are only reasonable because it have been growing over the past 2 weeks. You'd have a different opinion if your experiment was going on a bit earlier.

>focus doubling btc value, not fiat
Stopped reading

>welcome perspective

If someone makes 5% gains trading stocks while NASDAQ has gone up 25% in the same amount of time, it's generally not a good idea to follow that persons advice. And it becomes even more comical when the person who made the 5% tries to preech his ways to the people who made 25.

>preech

preach*

>>focus on doubling btc value, not fiat
literally makes no sense, stopped reading there faggot
kys