Crypto Wild West: 2009-20??

How long do you expect these Wild West years of hyper-profitable cryptocurrency speculation to last? What do you think will end them, regulation, a few good-enough blockchains becoming entrenched, another DAO or ten, shinier new investment vehicles or something else?

Last year for these gains. It'll be over soon

war with china

For what reason, though?

Could be due to the government once they regulate it, which is highly possible as more people get into this space.

This. Also the market is getting more crowded. It takes a much larger force to move a giant market.

I'd say we two years or so.

Dads and grandfathers are getting into crypto as we speak. Yesterday I went to buy some wine at the corner winery and every drunk person there was talking about crypto, they are all 50+ years old. Either the golden age is over or it has just begun.

1. smart contract platform
2. cheap and fast transactions
3. secure
4. integrates with other blockchains
5. moons
If a coin like this appears, it's game over. We have found the final crypto. Cardano may not be it, but it's the first sign we're getting close.

not sure which will come first, tbqh

>every drunk person there was talking about crypto
Do you think they will actually be buying or will they just stand on the sidelines?

Quantum, it just mooned today as well. Getting interfaced with a huge company/social media site (announced in a few hours).

of course they're going to buy, people are fucking retarded

A few were boasting about the coins they bought. They were mostly trying to shill their coins to each other. The most interesting person there was an 80+ gentleman who had invested 300k into crypto. But to answer your question more precisely like out of 25 people there like 15 had money in crypto.

its just begun, all this fresh blood in the water for the sharks.

it really is gonna be a blood bath. we got 18-24 months bois. lets go

jesus christ. i must meet this man

Don't want to shill but I think ark has potential to be that coin. It will have smart contracts, it has cheap and if you chose wisely free transactions, it can connect to other blockchains. Now it only has to moon.

>like out of 25 people there like 15 had money in crypto
Wow, that is not what I expected to hear. If old men start losing their pensions on cryptos, regulating this whole thing to death ought to become a popular political platform. Even more so if the crypto equivalents of Jordan Belfort notice and prey on them.

calm down

market cap isn't even 1 trillion yet

most normies stay on coinbase unfortunately.

I think it will be the entrace of hedgefunds with extremely large wallets that can manipulate coins by shorting.

They will short every pump as soon as it pumps. They basically have the money to control entire coins, turning good ones into shit ones, and shit ones into good ones.

Like they have the size to find Ethereum at $15, and keep it there for 2-3 years, buying at dips to $8, and selling at 15...

if they get to 15 and don't have any to sell, they will borrow and sell it (short it), they have the funds.

Once that happens, the age of things going up and never coming down will be over..

Eth at the moment for instance is quite safe, it's at 1k+, and it aint going back down to sub $500 unless the project basically fails or some major event occurs.

In the future, hedge funds will be able to short Eth back to 500 on a whim.

Yeah, We're on a timer. By mid 2018, maybe at the very latest the END of 2018 if you haven't made a million you're NOT going to make it.

You do have to take into consideration that that gang of 25 old man goes there every week and talk to each other. So even one is enough to influence the other. That one was the before mentioned 80+ gentleman with 300k in crypto, he was the one who hyped up the whole crypto thing there. My point was that older people are now getting less and less afraid of crypto so getting a few normie coins is not such a bad idea.

2018 is the last year, make the most of it

>market cap isn't even 1 trillion yet
Won't not matter if there are a few famous cases and the press decides to make it their narrative. Moral panics generate clicks for them AND campaign fuel for politicians. (To be clear, I am not trying to scaremonger or saying it will happen. I am just thinking through a possible scenario to its logical conclusion.)

>at corner winery
>25 people talking about crypto
so you were at a bar full of boomers and they....what the fuck am i reading?

Ummm well a corner winery is like a bar but you normally buy wine to take home but people usually hang out there and drink wine and eat dried meat. But yeah a group of 50+ year old people was acting like biz. shilling their fav coins to each other.

probably when a lot of these road-maps start failing.

>tfw the bubble is about to pop and you still haven't made it

that's the top 1% of the boomers dude

there are still 19% of the boomers left who control a considerable amount of wealth in this country

1. make money in crypto
2. take it and stash 33% in a vanguard account
3. take 33% and buy a rental property or other appreciating asset
4. wait for bear market stock dip and buy healthcare, medical devices, pharmaceuticals

>You do have to take into consideration that that gang of 25 old man goes there every week and talk to each other.
Point taken.
>80+ gentleman with 300k in crypto, he was the one who hyped up the whole crypto thing there.
See pic. I guess you'll know that's it when he starts a PnD group.

It's not going to pop, it's going to explode. I hope you accumulated as much as you could.

We have at least 2-3 years minimum and could be many more depending on how things go.

The total crypto market cap is still really fucking low relatively speaking, we haven't even broken $1 trillion.

I expect ~$2-5 trillion in 2018 and $10 trillion or more in 2019

This is still the infancy of crypto, anyone of us who buys decent coins now (and even some not so decent ones) is going to make it just by virtue of all the new/incoming money that continues to enter the crypto market.

>NEW PARADIGM

Well, there will be things to do with cryptos even if you won't be able to trade them profitably like before. I think now is a good time to start learning Solidity and how to actually make things on the blockchain. That is my plan, at least.

I'm not kidding, this is literally xtrabytes

I'm gonna presume you live in the US. I live in Slovenia (a crypto tax haven god bless) and most of the older people here are not as tech-savvy as in the states. Despite being quite advanced in the crypto world the adaption will be slow since we are a country full of country bumpkins still worried if our turnip will grow in our backyard. You will see the most 50+ people invest into crypto starting with the USA making its way slowly east. So pay close attention to your elderly. They will be the next big wave that will hit crypto.

Zdravo
I live in the US but i have citizenship in the US and Serbian I have bank accounts in both countries. If I come to Serbia and cash out my crypto, do you think they can get me for tax evasion

Zdravo
I have no idea how US tax works so I cant help you there. I think if you are planning on cashing out a larger sum, drop 200$ for some legal help. Unless some user can clarify things.

shh, I'm accumulating

Po lojtrici gor pa po lojtrici dol..
Many authoritarians signed FATCA collab with new world kikes, Serbia is a serf and probably one of them data sharing snitches

No reason hes a faggot.

Dumb money is the larger force

We're in the 1880s of the West right now.