Bubble Talk General

So the entire crypto market cap is 817 billion. I think it has a lot, I mean a LOT of room to go before this thing fuckong tanks.
Here's why:
1. The .com bubble (most comparable bubble throughout history) was 3-5 TRILLION at its height.
2. There is definitely a lot more hype from media than usual because of bitcoins run to 19k, and you do always see people talking about it, but when do you actually hear people-normal, regular people(you guys often forget that we are a very small circle of autists on here)-say, "yeah man I just bout muh bitcorn yesterday. Gonna be worth a million one day"?
3. The .com bubble was only really available to people with a lot of money built up, and it was harder to get money into the system. Crypto is so fucking easy to buy that a 10 year old could do it. Compare that to buying stocks in 1999. A fuckton more money will be funneled into crypto, just you watch. I mean think about it, think of all the fucking boomers who have millions in their s&p 500 nest eggs, who we haven't even touched yet.
4. Minor detail, but the value of the dollar has decreased. The .com would be 4.5 to 7.5 trillion.

If I had to give a prediction, I would say the market cap has until 5-6 trillion maybe around 2020 or so.

What do you think Veeky Forumsraelis, am I a delusional retard who is going to loose all his money or am I on to something here?

Other urls found in this thread:

bitcoinira.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

it will be 5 trillion Q2 2018

wasn't it 10 trillion when you adjust for inflation?

at the rate its going this is very possible

Yeah logically it seems like 5t is easily possible. It at times is just hard to believe life would work out that well for all of us.

You probably are pretty close. Chances are it will last thru 2020, but it's safer to expect it earlier. Get disciplined and pour every dollar you can into this. Make smart gains, and have your exit plan in place ready by eyo 2019.

99% of the shitcoins that you are investing in today will go to worthless eventually, never forget this. Promises will be broken, teams disbanded. It's a matter of time.

The question is, which few are going to survive. The ones with actual real world usage. This is why coins like Ripple are doing so well.

I agree that is hard to believe. My portfolio rn is what i would make in 2 years at my wage cuck job and i did this in 2 months. Fucking crazy. If I have this whole year to trade before it bursts i hit 7 figures easy. How is this possible?

This is an important note. Some people will consider it, and some wont. It's for that reason that I think the bubble will pop between 5-10t, assuming regulatory bodies don't kill it beforehand.

With that, we got 2-4 years left. Let's make the most of it.

So you basically have hype chart right before your eyes, you know EXACTLY when "institutional investors" got in and you also know when it got "media attention". hmmmm....

If a global financial crisis occurs, do you think crypto go down with it or instead become a digital form of gold?

>all bubbles pop at the same time
>i-it's not gonna burst yet, believe me

That's not how it works, and it's definitelly NOT that easy, specially with credit card company and countries blocking it.

i hate to burst all of your bubbles but this shit is going to be done in a month or two.

Because stocks are in real companies and this is in something that has next to 0 tangibility in the real world

>Mfw I realized the december dip were the bear trap

Good point. It's why I try to hild backbone coins (like eth) and coins with a clear business model and dividend (kucoin, coss). Other coins I only buy if I think I can flip in a month.

fuk u sdsdsdsdsdf sdfgdh

>ripple
kek
>RIPple

Aaaa

I think you're a shit.

>Crypto is so fucking easy to buy that a 10 year old could do it.

i'm 30 and i can't work any of this shit out.

The dot com bubble is the closest thing we have to compare this to. I don't think anyone here really believes they are exactly equal and will run the exact same amount of time before they burst, it is just a relevant data point in a see of data to consider.

Really there are too many variables to consider to predict it accurately and the best we can do is a rough rough estimate. I'll start taking profits when i hit 6 figs to be safe, but bitcoins resurgence this week I think is a good sign. It grew exponentially, fell exponentially, then recovered. I don't think we are done for a while yet.

but if a crypto goes down 80 percent in value the developers won't be going bankrupt.

where does the money come from?
normies are already on it
banks wont touch it
big hedge funds wont touch it

Are u niggers even thinking this through

if crypto become regular money, wich almost already is. there's no bubble, only decentralized bank account.

She already did.

>scamming is good because the scammer gets money at the end!

god damn u

actually a good question

memes aside what do you guys think would happen to the world's economy if the crypto bubble burst at something like 5tn? New great recession/depression?

no what I'm saying is that crypto is different from stocks

Ffs

Yo chill

fug :DDD

this guy gets it

>1. The .com bubble (most comparable bubble throughout history) was 3-5 TRILLION at its height.

Most of this money is institutional. Hedge Funds, pension funds, endowment funds.

There are a few hedge funds in crypto but 99% arent touching it. Let me know when Rentech starts buying crypto.

There is also 0 pension/endowment funds buying crypto.

This severely limits the amount of wealth the bubble can soak up.

>2. There is definitely a lot more hype from media than usual

I agree, but this accelerates the bubble doesnt make it last longer.

>3. The .com bubble was only really available to people with a lot of money built up, and it was harder to get money into the system. Crypto is so fucking easy to buy that a 10 year old could do it. Compare that to buying stocks in 1999. A fuckton more money will be funneled into crypto, just you watch. I mean think about it, think of all the fucking boomers who have millions in their s&p 500 nest eggs, who we haven't even touched yet.

see my first point.

Lastly, during the dotcom bubble there were actually many real stocks being traded that had lots of revenue and amazing prospects going forward.

Is there a single crypto company that makes a cent of revenue? And how does that justify anything above and beyond a trillion dollar market cap

People call me crazy but I can seriously see this going to 20 Trillion. Crypto will basically become the global decentralized stock market, traded 24/7. This is way different than a US dotcom bubble. Tons of the shitcoins will go down low or to 0, and you will see a lot more real companies popping up like VEN, REQ, CRED etc.

No

There must be a handful of crypto's that have revenue now. Many will by the end of 2018, like at least 20

Dotcom bubble was way less volatile than crypto, I guess, and people was more careless than today.

What happened to NASDAQ in 5 years happens in 1 day on Crypto, normies with college debts have no balls for that.

bitcoinira.com/

I disagree with your third point. It was easy to sign up for an etrade account and trade dotcoms on margin. But your larger point is still true; that there are many more potential retail buyers. More regions of the world have surplus wealth to invest and the interweb has reached just about everywhere. Its a whole damn planet this time around.

>he thinks banks will use the XRP coin

AAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

Short term it wouldn't matter because people wouldn't trust banks regardless, but in the end up

Op here, probably different address bc I'm a filthy phoneposter with multiple tabs in incognito.
Some people have brought up that this is bigger than the U.S. .com bubble, and I can't believe I forgot that point. Crypto spans the entire world.

I am the only one in my workplace of 100+ workplace who even knows how to buy crypto. The bubble is pre-pop when 50% of them hodl and advertising is featuring the kid who got rich in crypto as a meme. This has a long way to run.

It will be 2-5 trillion. Agree

He's so cuututeeee

this made me comfy

Ripple is a scam...sorry. BTC,LTC ETH, DOGE,Monero, bitzeny, Mona etc will still be around.

What if global financial crisis occurs just a week after the crypto bubble burst?

Another thing to consider is that NASDAQ was mostly us and crypto is global.

I just want to know if we'll see another large correction soon.

Really good question. Someone who's smart, please elaborate on this.

yep. uitility coins are here to stay. For now I am only in ETH, utility erc20s (coins that have demonstrated clear dividend models or some underlying consistent stream of cash flow) and a few outliers that will forever have a niche (monero, xrb, iota)

1. Plenty of hedge funds are playing with crypto. Not sure why some posters implied otherwise, this is common knowledge, do your research.
2. Unlike the .com bubble, crypto is a global phenomenon and a lot more people have access to it. So it still has the potential to balloon much, much further.

>1%

sucks to suck.

RELAX WE GOT A YEAR TOPS

What would happen during burst of a bubble? What it has to happen to make that bubble burst? Please someone give me an abstract explanation.

Seriously. This.

Beginning of November, the entire crypto marketcap was $200 billion.

Now it's $800 billion.

You've got 6 months before the crash. That doesn't mean the end of crypto, it means the end of normiebux and the end of random shitcoins 100x'ing.

Good coins will survive, shitcoins will die, and bitcoin will die with them.

All the money in your alts will be worth FUCK ALL

How do you think the crash will affect the top 10 coins?

3. Because of technology, information spreads faster which increases the speed of the bubble bursting.

exhaustion of bitcoin buyers would be a good sign of a bubble tops.

That's an easy one.
You trust the blue one, the red one used to have a black person's voice and listened to hip hop music on Sonic Adventure 2.

Cuck

my prediction crypto goes down massive, but the pick will end up being 100x more from the peak of the bubble. like bubble pop at 3 to 5 trillion
and a recovery to 20 40 50 trillion. The normies who lost will say fuck bitcoin, but the neets, either shifted to good coins or sold and bought a shit down back at the bottom will then go on to become multimillionaires/ billionaires.

Damn, if Q2 marketcap is 5t then that meme line is accurate..
It feels more like time attack for me now since there's only a little time left.

Where's the non-fag of this image?

Plenty of time left. The entire planet is in on this bubble.

Something I've read in a few places: People are citing 7t because of .com Nasdaq crash, but this is actually a global market. Nasdaq is mostly traded in US, but crypto is traded everywhere on earth. So there might be way more money coming into this than .com. It's definitely going to crash one day though, then it will be time for the microchipping and demon rape.

fuck

Big money is still to come, don’t forget we’re the 1% early adopters.
A lot of comments saying hedge funds, big investment firms not touching crypto but they will as soon as there’s a regulated gateway in. Look into QASH, in talks with Goldman Sachs etc. look at the team behind it. The best is yet to come guys

Fuk u

Captcha WOODBERRY GAUCHE

Idiots itt only idiots

Don't forget the chinaman. Loaded and loves gambling more than sex or drugs. Ni hao wealthy China man!

Remember the May 17 pump? You prob don't because newfag... But remember how crazy steep it looked? Now look at it... It's a tiny slope.
Doubtful. We're closer to institutional investors. Literally everyone is talking about/buying crypto. It's terrifying

>and bitcoin will die with them

I was almost taking you seriously

if you cant see media attention phase you are either newfag or dense. 2-4 months 1.8-2.4 T Mcap

Intuitional Money will enter Crypto when regulation enters and ICOs replace IPOs. This won't help crypto NEETs invested in shitcoins.

>I am the only one in my workplace of 100+ workplace who even knows how to buy crypto. The bubble is pre-pop when 50% of them hodl and advertising is featuring the kid who got rich in crypto as a meme. This has a long way to run.

Problem is we aren't in Korea or China so we can't tell how the big the bubble is over there.

This post is a discussion I expected

ya'll got anymore of dem burtcoins?

From what I've heard from people I know, the bubble is non-existant over there.

cuck

You aint seen shit yet. Soon (very soon) 1,000,000,000 chinese people are going to catch wind of this and pump chinkcoins into the stratosphere.

The other thing is that the actual bubble is smaller than CMC reports since scams like Paccoin can make billions in paper value that are counted in the total market size. At least the IPO scams of the dot com had to involve accredited investors. The actual amount of money that has entered crypto so far is small. I think there is a ways to go before this bubble pops unless there is some kind of major compromise (government intervention, compromise of a large chain like Bitcoin or Ethereum).

That's actually a REALLY good point. Nearly all of the normie scam coins that have 1 trillion coins and a .10 price probably don't have THAT much money in it. Honestly the market cap could be closer to 400B not 800B when you get rid of so much of the scam money that isn't real market cap. Even Cardano which isn't a scam, is not worth nearly what it's market cap says. It only does 269 mil volume a day. That means you can't even cash out $26 mil without dropping the price, so it is extremely illiquid. NEM is even worse with 16B market cap and 79M a day in volume. basically any scam coin is worth 1/20th of it's value at best I'd say, if people actually tried to cash out while it's not being manipulated by the whales/founders

RIPEL GANG

the funny thing is 10 year olds (maybe up it to 12-13) CAN figure it out. They have been raised within the technology so it comes so easily.

>is there a single company that makes a cent of revenue?
revenue is a thing of the past buddy.
>google
>facebook
>amazon

It's going at least 10x higher than dotcom in inflation adjusted dollars, about $40T.
That's because there's much more implicit leverage. Every time you buy something with eth/btc and eth/btc rises that thing rises quadratically.
There's nothing equivalent in stocks, people would have to value facebook in eg. google stock and buy google stock to buy facebook

Then there's the fact that it's global. I wouldn't be surprised at $100T

Suck my ass you stupid cunt

there are way too many reddit retards in here just like another thread yesterday wtf is going on

On this point, what sort of volume/market cap ratio do traditional non-dividend yielding stocks exhibit on a daily basis?

Isn't price volatity related more to thinness/thicken of order books than market cap? I wonder how crypto exchange order books compare to stocks?

I'm not sure about this. Anecdotally, kids don't know dick about how to use a computer, unless it's an ipad.