Advice Thread

Am I split across too many coins?

I feel like I should consolidate some of my alts, maybe sell my Golem and VeChain (which I only FOMO'd in to last night) and accumulate more towards my DNT/WTC bags.

What would you do? Thanks for any advice you might have (ideally more than just shilling me whatever bags you're holding).

Note: I'm looking to be conservative, to be comfy in my holds.

Bump

I'd get the fuck out of XRB before the Binance listing. If you really love them, just sit out the first day or two of listing and buy back in for cheap.

Yes, I’d pick like 3-5 of those coins and sell the rest.
Also, what advice does biz have for me?

You're probably right. I think I'm just a bit scared it will moon instead of dump.

Forget about the high market cap coins in this alt bullrun, way more potential if you take a few risks man.

I dont see the point in having so little in BTC, may as well throw it in something risky AF.

Newfag here. What Alts should I buy? REQ, LINK, BAT?

UFR if you wanna double within 3 days.

Go 60/40 on REQ/LINK.

Sit on them for a year. Then live off the dividends you get from staking.

Link is solid, req is riskier but will go higher. I don’t know about BAT.

If you’re a whale please wait before buying both out, I’m trying to accumulate what I can afford with my paychecks each month but I’m running out of time

No LINK.

Sorry but your gonna stay poor user

Lmao not a whale by any means. I just got lucky on LTC before it hit Coinbase. If only I didn't listen to my normie relatives telling me it's a scam and I could have doubled my hodling.

No not REQ, you want UTK, christ.

DNT BABY

>you want UTK

Kek. It's a shitty centralized copy of REQ. Get the fuck out of here, pajeet.

Buy Poe biz said.

How much are you thinking of buying? If it's a lot let me know please xD.

If it helps I was thinking of buying BTC at 1200 and then ETH at 120 but my dad (who is a damn good financial advisor) told me that the whole thing is manipulated and that I'd lose all my money :v. Maybe it is, but seeing how much I missed on those two I'm putting like 10% of my savings into alts and seeing if i can get rich before i'm 30.

Switched off phone posting, new ID

> Don't buy Ripple, its centralized
> Don't buy Factom, its centralized
Fkn Cuck

>Comparing the shittiest of all shitcoins, UTK, to Ripple
>Because they're both centralized

Enjoy your bags, you retarded fuck.

I have 0 xrp and a bit more lumens, and that's it. No bitcoin.

Two questions, why don't you hold any major player coins and also did you research any of the coins in your folio?

IMO, yes you're split across too many. I'd sell XRB/XMR for cheap shitcoins that are down now but bound to sky again, like XLM/TRX.

I'd sell IOTA

Yes LINK is still a great buy. ENG as well, all start team.

Any advice for me? I started back mid-November with huge gains from IOTA and REQ mostly. Used those gains to acquire LINK which I believe will be the standard in 2018 for decentralized oracles. ENG team looks rock solid as well, I day trade the fourth slot mostly to keep me from impulse selling my 3 mid/long term holds.

1. At my investment level major coins won’t bring growth. I’m in it to either lose everything of make it.

2. I believe in DBC and PRL. Poe and UFR are Veeky Forums longshots.

I’m not mad. I started with 1600.

1, fair enough
2, good luck braj, we're gonna make it

I'm really fucking jealous of that stack. *really* fucking jealous, bc that's where I want to be (except swap Req with Link). It's going to take me several months to save up that money which won't be enough time before they start mooning I think.

Personally I find Req to be a much riskier investment than LINK, bc it would be competing with institutional payment services and while they have a working testnet for ethereum transfer, the system they want to build is *way* more complex and their whitepaper didn't explain anything about the technical side. But I still think it has potential so I have money in it.

See:

Is there any program like Blockfolio only for a computer instead of a phone? I have Blockfolio on my phone but would also like one on my computer for convenience. And no, I'm not running a phone emulator on my PC, so if there is literally no other way, please just tell me so I don't waste time on Google searching.

Dragonchain for long term or Icon for quick easy gains

Yeah I tend to agree. REQ is riskier because it's a platform and not middleware. I bought in at $0.08 and it really helped me build my portfolio so I'm hesitant to sell it. Plus the Y Combinator / Coinbase connection is very real, solid hold through at least Q2 IMO. If it does blow up hard I'd probably sell some to acquire more LINK though.

You seem cool, so I'll tell you something I think I've noticed: Req and Link have been following each other for quite a while. Anytime one moons, the other does too. This has been going on since they were 30 cents. I'm too much of a pussy to sell any of my cherished link (i'm terrified of losing any), but i hope that insight helps you user.

If you know of a link discord let me know; i'd love for a place to talk and give advice to each other that isn't a PnD group

Sell XRB, Buy TKN
What is TKN and what should you buy it?
>Cryptocard which allows you to cash out into fiat buying things irl with your crypto
>only card which allows you to spend ERC 20 Tokens
>only card which gives you control over your private key
>only card which gives you a dividend from all the tx fees it gets which is put into a asset contract.
>Holds almost 130 million in assets with only 90 million in market capitalization (It's competitors PAY and MCO have 500 mil and 200 mil market cap)
>It's competitors have had their cards cancelled, none of them have a working card
>TKN has a new card issuer and is preparing for a GLOBAL release.
Join the TKN discord for more info BRWdntz

Ya'll get any more of those meme coins? I'm going to meme and pajeet my way into a $1M home.

GFY

I'm trying to help you, I literally gave you fundamental analysis, I told people to buy at $1, it's now at $4 and still no one listens. XRB is overvalued and only has such value due to its artificially small supply.

When is global release date?

I own 5 ETH. If I had another $5k to throw in on a platform, does it make sense to double down on ETH or should I get in on NEO/EOS to hedge my bets?

Jan/Feb 2018 for first 1000 cards, more specific date TBA

Any Advice boys? I posted my portoflio earlier and got shat on for not holding any XMR. If it helps started with 550 dollars in May and traded for a few months just been sitting on long term holds.

Question OP: Is that money disposable? For example, could you take out all that money right now and buy $30K in drugs?

Sell LTC, it was the flavour of the month coin just a month ago. It's not going to break out again, buy TKN instead. Read

If you're asking if I'm dependant on this money, I'm not.

I've investded 7k to get to that, which means my returns are nowhere near as impressive as others, but thats about the limit of what I'd be happy with losing if it all turned to shit.

I also bought an apartment a month before I got into crypto, so I have to start tending to my mortgage more properly as of next year.

Still pretty comfy though.

I remember when Tkn's competitor forget the name was like 22 dollars then went to shit. I don't think crypto cards will work who the fuck who use this as a currency when it's so violate I could be wrong though. Any other suggestions?

You're spread way too thin, concentrate on 2-5 coins that you're confident of. That way when you hit your moons, your gains are greater.

What you're referring to is monaco. It fell because of rampant speculation of a visa deal which turns out to be false. TenX actually had a use case and people used it to cash out. TenX actually did well till wavecrest got cucked. But the issue with wavecrest does not apply to other providers.

There is an actual use case for cryptocards.
>Imagine you want to cash out into fiat
Go to your TokenCard put in a cryptocurrency and go to an ATM and withdraw money.

I'm only recommending TKN because i've been following the progress of their company since september and is one of the only cryptos which has a proven world use case. I won't recommend a crypto unless i'm 100% sure.

Alright God Bless senpai I will put some in there, any other good long term holds you got? My dad was telling me about Qash could be a real home run if it works. He told me about some coin called Publicia as well which helps authors crowd fund books. Not sure if you have heard about these two but they look good. Am I missing any?

Have heard a lot about Qash, but mostly from Veeky Forums. haven't done any research. Never heard of publica, will look into these two coins.

Have you heard anything about BURST? Not sure if it is a garbage BTC clone but it is very energy efficient which is an issue with mining haven't researched it enough.

sorry, nope. People nowadays just chase pumps which i think is dumb, I focus on long term holds which have real world use cases.

Any Long term holds I am missing besides TKN? Prob will diversify my btc into VEN/OMG/TKN/something else combo.

VEN is okay, OMG is kinda meh, personally I am all in on TKN

Is there a general way of even telling if you've overdiversified?
I feel like I need to mitigate all the shitcoin, p&d, insider, etc risks with most coins, as I only believe in very few coins (not enough that i can constantly shuffle between them and make decent profits). As for hodling, I do always keep some percent in those that I generally believe in, but I still envy those who can go buy into hyped shitcoins and make insane profits.

Is there a better strategy?