Anyone else stealthily cashing out to fiat for the last couple of weeks?

We all know shit is gonna come down sooner rather than later.

Tomorrow is the start of the second week of 2018. Vacations are done, people are getting back to work. So too the civil servants.

Crypto has been mooning. It has been frontpage news and all over social media. Every bar, every workplace, every family has a couple of people invested in some shitcoins.

Governments, regulators, agencies, all have been bombarded with questions and inqueries for the last couple of months. There is a clear need for regulation and control.

With the beginning of this new year we'll see the start of the state juggernauts coming in to play. They'll finally react and come up with new ways of handling this financial time bomb.

Tomorrow the West will kick off, at the end of the week Asia will follow suit. I'm sure that any and all official statements will initially drive prices down, knock the speed out of the trades and initiate a bear market.

Fiat is King, it will buy you bread and butter and pay the rent. It will also allow you to buy back in when there's blood in the streets. Remember that.

>cashing out

Good goy...dont forget to pay your taxes soyim

I just want Litecoin to go up one more time, then I’ll cash out.

Please anons, Litecoin moon when

The risk of having to pay taxes (I think there's still a lot of wiggleroom that'll minimize the costs) could very well be the lesser of two evils right now.

welcome to hell

>soyim
Why does this make me laugh so much?

You better take your GF to fucking Longhorn instead of Mickie Ds with those gains you made OP

The 2013 bitcoin boom, 100 to 1400$ happened because the gov clarified it's classification of cryptocurrency. Any nomalization would just drive the market up. Taxation is already worked out no there is nothing to do on that front aside from enforcing it. The only new regulations we will see will apply to the handling of institutional and stock exchange and crackdowns on icos. I'm bullish on that., but feel free to get out now, no one is stopping you.
Also, pay your taxes goy.

The gainz are substantial but my net worth is still firmly below subzero.

I got in may 2016. Dropped $2000 in. If I'd kept what I bought that day, I'd have my own little country by now.

Happened again and again. Researched projects, invested considerable amounts, became involved. Numerous ones would've made me a multimillionaire if I just kept onto them.

I didn't. Instead I bought, sold, and still made quite a decent amount of money. But here's the kicker and the problem a lot of anons seem to have here; it doesn't really work well when iot comes to 'happiness'.

So with the current market situation and this feeling of dread because of all the missed millionaire missions, I decided to slowly pull out and see what happens. With me and with the markets.

I think we have 2018.

So you poured money into the market, left money on the table by day trading, and now you think this is the end because others will do the same? Dude, that kind of short sighted behavior is exactly what grows the market, and more people are doing it. By all means, cash out some FIAT, but don't exit completely or you'll be kicking yourself later on when it doesn't all come crashing down like you thought it would.

Yeah, will this guy is sitting on my other shoulder...

I know. Shit burns in my accounts...

>The risk of having to pay taxes

If you are you cashing out from an exchange that has your ID they are sending that info to IRS/ or whatever in your contry. Its not some manual labour lol it is acquired for them to keep their license.

Yes but I don't know what to do with the money.
>generic s&p / vtsax
Just as risky as crypto right now
>buy some new toy or fancy watch
So frugal in every other aspect that this would just be weird. I can't wear an 8k watch while I still like at home
>just keep cash
Will lose it's purchasing power

I'll probably just keep an eye out for alts, since I've taken out my initial basis there's a lot less stress and I can make clearer decisions.

I'm more thinking about particular possibilities my local tax rules provide.

For the record; I'm a normal guy who feels the pain when paying taxes but who accepts the consequences of living here. Taxes are ok. It's just that I feel that the little guys pay a lot while some of the really big earners, like corporate entities, pay pennies on the dollar and sometimes even exploit subsidies payed for weith my money.

So I'll try to minimize my contribution but I'll cough up what I must.

>every bar
>implying people that pay 300% markup are a threat to crypto when they go back to work

>soyim

Stop it please my sides can't handle it

every exchange has closed new registrations

this is just the beginning

I sold off half of my original investment. Made my money back and then some. Still got half to fuck around with guilt free. Win win

At what worth and in what percent would you guys consider starting to cash out. I currently have around $5000, almost x10 in 2 weeks but I don't want to cut into my potential gains.
I also have to pay 20% taxes if I go over $5700 cashed out a year.

All I want for now is to buy a cheap used car ($1000-$2000) so I don't have to ride the bus anymore.

So you are crying that you sold? And it cost u millions?

Then you make a thead where you tell us you sold? And want us to sell too?

Do you know how retarded you sound like?

>I got in may 2016. Dropped $2000 in. If I'd kept what I bought that day, I'd have my own little country by now.
Kek
What a massive idiot. And now you come here to give us advice and spread FUD. Fuck off.

No, i'm not really crying. I'm a bit perplexed by the continuing feeling of having lost while I won and I don't really trust the markets to go a lot further up in the short term, so I bailed out.

I never said I wanted others to cash out. Just trying to get some reactions and maybe find some reasons to reconsider my ideas.

What % of the retarded $800 billion market cap for crypto do you think these shady exchanges actually cash out into fiat? I would be surprised if the could cash out $10 billion in fiat. You fags are playing with monopoly money.

Do you realize most exchanges are closed for new registrations because of the mass influx of people trying to get into crypto? Think about how many people are literally waiting on the sidelines for the doors to open. Cashing out now would be completely foolish.

exiting alts and moving to BTC/LTC

not going to fiat lol

unless you like tinkering with cars, i'd recommend getting one that's at least 6k.

what exchange is good now for a newfagot

kucoin and coinbase still open though?

>i couldn't time the market and sold at the wrong time
>so i will sell now because i think this is a bad time for the market
the need for control in our lives is understandable
i've "lost" so many potential gains by acting reasonable and conservative when Veeky Forums made millions being completely retarded
i find it easier to accept the money as gone and let it ride to wherever it goes

YEAH NiGGA

BE MAD

That's another reason for cashing out before some disruptive episode. When everyone goes for the exit no one gets out of the station.

There's always a risk of a crash, severe sudden drop. But right now I feel it is truly imminent.

you can try KuCoin. you need a referall though, use 26KvK

This is also true.

And it is keeping me up, finger on the button.

kucoin
use my referral 26baa
it will bring you good fortune
you can even send me your email and we'll be pen pals

Theyre closed because of the massive amount of people wanting to put more money into it. Just hold and wait

does it trade eth? can I send eth into it