I don't know a lot about crypto like you guys...

I don't know a lot about crypto like you guys, but isn't the sudden swarm of normies crazing for it going to be the demise of crypto?

no

It worries me more and more everyday

>bankster FUD thread

fake news

More normies, more bag holders

Explain how more investors are bad?

it's the rise of crypto

yes, Coinbase being highlighted in the play store is a big normie swarm red flag.
And with a bigger mass of investors, crypto will eventually be heavily regulated, which is probably when new coins will die off and the dominant ones will become just another tech like TOR or BitTorrent in a nerd's day to day life

it signals that the maximum amount of people have entered the space aka no more buyers. Then everyone will sell since that is the peak.

You want to be as early as possible to the party is the idea. If everyone is already at the party, the party is over.

Because it means we're near the top and I haven't made it already.

I'm not worried. More people to dump my coins on that I bought last year at 10x cheaper prices.

This. While the new influx of normie money might make for a mooning season like never before, the inevitable regulation to the ground will make sure it'll also be mooning season like never after. Maybe it already is.

nope. it's like gambling. if they buy a coin and it makes them profit, they'll keep coming back for more, especially if they see other coins rising too.

>"just one more coin"

Smart user. That's exactly how it works. Prices are only rising everywhere because of new people bringing new cash (that and Veeky Forums's investment addiction)

The exact opposite. We're gonna see gains like we've never even imagined. Normies are gonna lose bigly after putting their money in and expecting 100x gains despite not knowing what they're doing. The smartest among us will continue to cash out at the expense of others.

agreed

Ethereum is not gonna crash. They will release sharding as a measure against that.

Just get out of pajeetcoins, and you will be safe. All of you forgot which coins are pajeet, and which aren't huh? Look at the state of the catalog, we were better than this biz. We used to FUD shitcoins, instead of pumping it. We used to scout for the sparkles between the ashes. And now you're busy with trying to REK normies, and trigger Redditfags, with your trading strategies.

For shitcoins that are just ideas with hype behind them? Sure, probably

There are coins out there with actual uses and actual products too.

Consider

It's obvious regulation will kill it. Tell you why: a lot of investment firms are getting huge returns with crypto (even if it's a scamcoin. they will cash out and no one goes to jail). This is already making other firms incredibly jelly, which means they will push for heavier regulations, and from then on, you know what happens.

Cryptos are networks

The value of networks grows exponentially with the number of users

we don't necessarily know how regulation will affect the price.

No.

What should be a concern is people moving away from crytpo, because then it will stand more chance of dying.

here is whats going to happen:

1. the king (btc) will eventually break ATH onwards to 25k+ and beyond
2. alts crash (weak hands swear off crypto)
3. btc levels off for a while
4. btc slowly goes back into alts
5. new normies come in looking for the "next" btc
6. "promising" alts pop off
7. repeat steps 1-6 until btc is $1m each

Are you implying my black illiterate grandma doesn't know how to make good investments?