What do you think Monero's trajectory will be over the next year...

What do you think Monero's trajectory will be over the next year? For some reason it's 10% of my portfolio and doesn't seem to be moving, should I dump it?

I think privacy coins have a good outlook, and Monero is currently the best one.

probably 3x by april, but months in this market are huge. good hold if you just want to set and forget on something safe. it is much less volatile than other cryptos so if you wanna daytrade might as well drop it. i'm waiting for a dip to buy some myself.

Up 33% this week alone and you wanna dump it? Fuckin state of /biz.
Listen only shitcoins moon. Chase that shit and u will end up getting burnt. Monero is here to stay.

How do you guys think Monero will perform compared to Zclassic and Bitcoin Private?

it has enough people mining it ATM to actually make it secure, which makes it way undervalued IMO

$2.5k end of year.

Both will moon and then die. Monero will steadily rise in value and hover around the top of the market cap coins.

Monero's community is wayyy more active. It's been around for years. Zclassic will get dumped hard before/after the fork. Bitcoin private will also get dumped hard after the fork so it might be worth it to pick up a day or two after bitcoin owners dump it

When all the shitcoins crash, XMR will soak up a lot of the money running away from them

It's currently the only coin that is in everyday real use. (other than kinda ETH for cryptokitties and ICOs)

It is the official coin of dark markets and that's where bitcoin originally was king.

yall are right I need to temper my greed and hang on to xmr.

i measure my gains in monero

xmr is good to use to buy shit with, but i wouldnt want to keep money in it for long term storage. in time privacy tokens on eth/btc second layer networks will probably diminish most of the public appreciation for it, even in drug markets where most people still struggle to use monero and end up using web wallets with remove all of the privacy benefits.

XRPlet detected

Will this be added to coinbase

xmr is the new btc

Web wallets don't remove privacy features, who the fuck told you this? Privacy should be default not second layer. I don't want Taco Bell niggers seeing my networth.

AEON, nigger

XMR is more of a safe bet so if you want YUGE gainz buy low mcap shitcoins instead of this

it doesn't provide the deniability that running a full node does. so yes, it does compromise privacy to some degree. actually, it might even be worse. correlation attacks would be easier too.

I really don't give a shit about it's trajectory. I want stability and use from this currency. I want to be able to buy legal and research goods from it through a wide variety of venders.

i'm sorry to say if youve been using a web monero wallet all of your transactions are effectively public and timing attacks, cross-reference attacks, etc all become trivial.

the ONLY way to use monero securely is to run your own node over a privacy network like tor. base layer privacy isn't free.

>dumping a coin thats has more real transactions than EOS, iota, and TRON

the coin is more valuable than you think.

Damn, I figured it wouldn't make a difference of you were already over Tor. Running a full node is a bitch though. Is at least running a remote node good enough?

Once Zcoin has private addresses I don't see a reason to use Monero. Its mixing set is so much larger than Moneros and I don't think sybil attacks are possible

remote node over tor is acceptable for low risk transfers.

you have to understand monero's privacy comes from mixing only, the confidential transactions (CT in ring-ct) help a lot with removing vulnerabilities when choosing outputs to spend and "fake" outputs to mix, but there's no provable privacy like with zero-knowledge proofs.

the problem with sk-snarks of course is every coin that uses it is a shitcoin and doesn't force privacy or requires you to trust people. hopefully we'll get true mathematically proven trustless privacy soon, but for now monero's mixing is the best we have.

If you want to be 100% overkill secure, you use Tor and generate new wallet address each transaction

You're probably fine without these though. 100x more than bitcoin anyway

Hold 100 XMR for the next decade. It's a legitimate competitor to Bitcoin

what are your thoughts on sumokoin?

zcoin is a shitcoin. i wouldn't go anywhere near it for privacy. you can increase monero's mixing set as much as you want by sending transactions to yourself.

and the problem with using marginal shitcoins like zcoin for privacy even ignoring tech is there isn't enough liquidity and people using them to make them useful. which is why in the long run there's a very good chance the best privacy coin will be something built on top of bitcoin and ethereum. it makes it more difficult to acquire coins since the base layer is public, (but its no different to having to buy monero in the first place).

shitty fork of monero. a few tweaks in the code doesn't matter much as all of their changes are effectively just PR, and you can get the same level of privacy using monero with it's defaults today.

the real issue with shitty forks is the liquidity/pool problem like i mentioned in

i think we're more likely to see a monero level privacy token running on top of a bitcoin-layered network than see monero actually outcompete bitcoin in the long run.

network effects are very difficult to overcome, especially when most of the general public just isn't interested in having to jump through hoops to use a coin like monero.

All i want is for FUN to moon to a buck so I can buy a bunch of these dark web monies.

>you can increase monero's mixing set as much as you want by sending transactions to yourself.

Or you can just set a single zcoin transaction. Why do retarded things like that? That would make sense if someone was forced to use monero

>there isn't enough liquidity and people using them to make them useful.
The absolute state of monerofags.
>I-It's bad because no one uses it

0/10 apply yourself

What's about nav coin? I never see any posts about it?

wouldn't a 2nd layer solution give space for attacks? base layer privacy should be always better to build on. it should be better to have privacy by default, and loosen privacy on a side chain/layer if needed?

because you lose significant privacy simply by using a marginal low liquidity coin like zcoin in the first place.

if you even read any of my other posts you'll know i'm not bullish on xmr long term, but im also not some delusional shitcoin peddler like you either.

not really. the only weak point is the entry, which also exists for monero because nobody is going to mine the coins they need to spend, they have to convert them.

once inside the network, provided services/processors accept the BTC private token, or ETH private token, you can send it instantly with the same zero/low fee instant tx you would get otherwise on networks like lightning or plasma.

it's not as secure as using a direct on-chain settlement transaction like you would with monero directly, but long term those transactions will simply be too expensive as demand outpaces the underlying capacity of the blockchain.

in the future the vast majority of people will never actually make a transaction that hits the blockchain.

oh, and of course i suppose i should state the obvious in case you aren't aware: it's a public blockchain, bitcoin-cloned, it has a rich list, public transactions and only optional privacy. right there that should be enough for any sane individual to discount it. but then if you delve deeper you realize it's just using an old mixing algorithm, the old deprecated form of the protocol that zk-proofs replaced. and then you look at the (completely public) blockchain data, and realize that one account owns a third of the supply. and 100 accounts own something like 80%+ of it.

coins like zcoin have absolutely nothing going for them other than a bunch of speculators trying to pump and dump it.

>it's a public blockchain, bitcoin-cloned, it has a rich list, public transactions and only optional privacy
>Didn't read the first line of my fucking post
>thinks optional privacy is a huge issue because he's a monerotard

Congrats, you're retarded

you don't seem to understand. if privacy isn't enforced at the lowest level, then there's absolutely no reason to use it over a privacy token on bitcoin/ethereum/etc. retroactively adding enfoeced privacy is also useless. you can't get rid of your previous tx history or rich list.

but the real important point is that nobody is ever going to use zcoin to project their privacy, and you would understand this if you wern't bagholding it.

if i understand correctly that would be mimblewimble or a similar service for bitcoin? iirc the monero guys are already researching a possible mw sidechain. the magical part of monero for me is the whole development of the project. they're fcking crazy about it. everything is possible though, we're in a really early phase of having cryptocurrencies, so who knows, any coin could be "the crypto currency". have you heard about grin? still a baby-age project, but any thoughts on that?

Bitcoin is the past, look beyond it and its handicapfeatures trying to make it seem okay again.

Monero is fantastic.

Its for the rich.

Go get zCoin, Zencash asap and you'll get amazing privacy and MC explosion over the next year to go with it. 10-20x next year easy. Don't sleep on Electroneum, but be aware it will be spendable but not as private.

XMR is primo coin. Buy it when you already made.

zCoin is going to win, it will become a better version of DASH in Asia and volume will skyrocket. It's a gem. Monero is king, zCoin is closing. Own both.

Why on earth would you feel the need to shill fucking ripple (lol) in a thread about monero? The two are not even remotely related. That's like making fun of a farmer for not owning any fishing boats.