4 hours in and i still don't understand what the fuck this thing does...

4 hours in and i still don't understand what the fuck this thing does. but holy fuck the amount of worship for this man i haven't seen since 2016 Vitalik Buterin

Tell me more

i wish i could user. i wish i fucking could.

This thing is finally getting some attention

This is what I know/understand about the project, which is not a lot and may be partially wrong: So there are a couple of parts to it, the first step being the Tau Meta Language. It's a consistent language which has decidability (this means that it will be impossible to express a paradox or untrue statement in TML due to the design and properties of the language, hence making stuff like the DAO impossible and contracts much safer). It's also not turing complete, so someone can know in advance whether a program or contract will halt. TML will be used to write Tauchain, which will sort of be a compiler-compiler (can compile any other language including itself). Tauchain won't need gas. But the main feature is scalable consensus due to decidability and Tauchain will be able to amend itself when there is consensus for such a change (no more hard forks needed). That is all I know for now, still learning after a month.

Apparently this shits revolutionary but super lowkey

Can anyone explain what it does?

Also code is stored on chain, which combined with the other capabilities of Tau Meta Language will have the effect that for example a certain function will be written once and only once, after which it can be used by anyone (as it is on chain) and it can be mathematically proven what the outcome of that function is. Thus way less QA and buggy code as coders have mathematically proven assurances of what every piece of code does. This in turn will cause massive code reuse (due to coding everything only once) and potentially cause the codebase to grow very fast

Are you thinking of TAU Lamden?

It is a bunch of bullshit

tell me more...

thanks user. i'm trying to figure out the compiler-compiler part, i have no idea how this will be used. definitely the most interesting project i've come across though.

Looks scammy as fuck.

yeah I count myself lucky to know about this now, it's an actual novel/new idea that has been worked on for the last 2 years and is ahead a lot of projects in top 20 (Tron etc)

looks like a bunch of moderately neat tricks in an ecosystem of fuck that nobody's going to bother using over the alternatives

If it's ahead of those projects how come you have to use the past tense for everything? Nigga look at the coins doing well NOW

Nobody bothered with low transaction coins, DAGs and all that until the narrative of the market pumped them to the moon

>Routers.Space: Decentralizing the internet is possible only with decentralized physical infrastructure. We therefore intend to design placing routers in space after Tau-Chain and Agoras will be stable. If you're an expert on this field please contact us.

kek

I don't chase pumps

But those things are super cool

this is a bunch of gimmicks

Neither do I, but I also don't chase gimmicks

to be fair, it may not be useful, or practical, or even remotely fucking feasible from a business standpoint. but i wouldn't call these gimmicks. it seems more like an academic research project.

see bitcoin, 2010

Listen fags, this is the one coin that isn't a meme
Look at irc
This dev is the smartest crypto dev
Not even exaggerating
Sent details of this to a billion dollar coin dev and he said he didn't understand

Super cool but not proven. It remains to be seen if DAGs can scale better than blockchains, at the moment they all still rely on other (centralized) mechanisms like the coordinator to keep things flowing. If you check out their github and irc you'll see they have PoC and the first implementation of the Tau Meta Language. Compare this to ADA or Tezos. Then compare their caps/prices. For me it's a no brainer to sink 10% of my folio into this and wait 2 years

Looooool

Probably too busy on twitter

>smartest crypto dev
every other shitcoin claims this, buddy