FREE MONEY

To anyone that can help me. I posted this question yesterday but still have yet to solve it. I have some ERC20 tokens in myetherwallet from an ICO, I have the address, wallet file and private key saved but myetherwallet asks me for a password when I enter the private key. If anyone can spoonfeed me on how to access the wallet through another program with the private key or something, I'll send 200 aeternity tokens, worth about $600.

Other urls found in this thread:

myetherwallet.github.io/knowledge-base/private-keys-passwords/difference-beween-private-key-and-keystore-file.html
myetherwallet.github.io/knowledge-base/private-keys-passwords/how-to-change-ethereum-account-password-unencrypted-encrypted.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Afaik you cant use a different program.
Also when did it start asking for password / what changed since last time you opened it

have you tried just a blank password?
or could it be that you forgot your password, and forgot that you even made a password when you created the wallet?

Not sure, this is the first time I've accessed the wallet since I used it to participate in the ICO almost a year ago. Since I didn't save the password I either never set one up or used an easy to remember password, and none of the passwords I commonly use have worked.

also did you use Keystore/JSON or what?

Insert only your private key. That should work regardless of the rest

I have the JSON file downloaded, that asks for a password too but it's my understanding that that's normal. With a private key on the other hand I thought you didn't need a password to access a wallet with that.

If MEW doesn't work you could enter your private key into etherdelta and transfer it from there.

Click the "Private Key" Radio Button
Past in your private key

When you have a wallet file you generate a different password that's separate from your private key.

You can import your eth addres to metamask. Really easy plug-in.

Did you click the "private key" option?

Yes, that's where I'm pasting my private key.

tell us more details about what you've already done so that we're not wasting time or repeating one another.

have you already read the quick help?
myetherwallet.github.io/knowledge-base/private-keys-passwords/difference-beween-private-key-and-keystore-file.html

Are you sure that's your private key and not your wallet password?

my guess is that you forgot the password, which you'll need whether you use MEW or elsewhere. just keep brute forcing it.

no, your passwd is to protect your private key. if you enter your private key, no password is required.

check if it is indeed your private key that you pasted....

USE METAMASK BOI

could be encrypted
myetherwallet.github.io/knowledge-base/private-keys-passwords/how-to-change-ethereum-account-password-unencrypted-encrypted.html

Yes, I've been here which is why I knew using the keystore file would require a password but the private key wouldn't. Now reading this I believe I may have an encrypted private key saved which could be why it's asking for a password, so I guess this is my only option.

OP YOU WENT IN A PHISHING SITE "myethnerwallet.com" AHHH

If the website is prompting you for a password on a private key it's probably a phishing website, because MEW never asks for a password if you're accessing a wallet via private key.

Either that or what you think is the private key is not.

Have you tried importing that information into Etherdelta? Then go to the Aeternity token and transfer it from there

I have doublechecked I was on the right URL, and I know the tokens are in there because I can check the balance using the address. I noticed the private key I have saved is much longer than a normal private key so I either saved the wrong thing or its an encrypted private key.

This

that is, brute-forcing the JSON. though might as well do both at once, the JSON and the (presumably now encrypted) private key.
I recommend carefully typing all of your commonly used passwords () into a word doc, listing all the variations of them with whatever tweaks you use, and systematically try each of them. this is to ensure that you try every single configuration and permutation or those common passwords so that you can safely rule them out.
also search your file system for documents created around the same time as the ICO or whenever you created the wallet. you just might turn up a "my_MEW_password.doc" file
maybe try senseless, spur-of-the-moment passwords? like "password"?