Another /comfy/ thread

Another /comfy/ thread.
Today at work I talked with a few aspiring PhD students and professors about bitcoin and what they think about it. I consider them being intellectuals in many aspects. Not a single one of them has viewed bitcoin and cryptocurrencies as something worthwile to inform himself about it. They all stopped paying attention after what was being fed to them by mainstream media. I asked them if they knew a person interested in Bitcoin, there wasn't anybody. We are the innovators and one of the first having the luck to discover something that will very probably change the world. So please, make good and valuable investments and don't look at them every 5 minutes. Don't fall for the daytrading meme, even if it looks very promising. Just HODL your coins. Whe shall all make it.

Some anons said content creators should add their refferal links so that other anons can support me. Since I find all refferal links very annoying, I won't do that. The best thing we can do to support each other is to DYOR and share those findings with each other. Call out blatant shills. Kick out all normies and force them to lurk moar.

OC by me, sorry for the graininess but my PC has seen better days at rendering.

Can I get a .gif of that .webm?

it's pretty difficult to make a gif with reasonable size/quality of this but I can try.

wtf i love op now

there you go
thanks user!

op, u need to add a ref link signature on your gifs.
consider it a business card.

Thanks. Also I agree with your philosophy, sometimes it gets really hard though. I bought link at .40, held through hell at .14, then FUD'D out around .27. Now look at it, I'm jumping through hoops just to get back in now that i'm an experienced holder.

If you look closely you can see a @jfkulius in the bottom left but I don't want it to be distracting

OP you should make ENG isometric content

Thoughts on ico's? Should i try to participate in as many as i can or let the public sale ride out to avoid a fat dump

thanks man appreciate it

Pick out a few good ones if you want to put up with the research involved. dadi.cloud and gems.org seems kinda nice but I haven't looked into it. Since I only have an 8k portfolio there sure are better people to answer that.

thank you for this thread. i like what you say and your webm is even better

glad you like it user!

the play button covers it up.
i see it now. @jfkulius

Can you just tell me want your holding, I don't know what coins will arise victorious because the world will change and I don't know what that new world will need

dadi is apparently a scam cause their whitepaper is straight out plagiarized (around 300 words copy-pasted) and there's no partnership with XRB like people claimed

this should be stickied for all of 2018

woah really? I have seen influential people talk about it like they found diamonds. That only confirms that you really have to research it before you invest anything.

brilliant animation op.

as to the phd's, i cant relaly fault them, a phd is busy learning every single thing they can about their field, to ask them to step into another field and take them away from their studies seems a bit unrealistic.

This

yeah, if you check the reddit for DADI you'll see there's plenty of drama on this, rightfully so I gues

Good sentiment OP. Public adoption of blockchain is still in its infancy, and there is plenty of room for it to grow in the coming decades. I think most of us early adopters (especially the flood of newcomers) were scared to take a leap, but find it satisfying to see all the potential applications and use cases for cryptocurrencies.

Personally, I had quite a few different times where I contemplated investing in crypto. The first was back in 2012 (I was stupid and using steroids—looked at getting BTC to buy some on the market). The other periods were during ETH's infancy.

Now I'm not holding on any longer. I do my own research, and am investing into projects that have good potential for mass adoption and easy use.

>talk to some liberal arts professors about bitcoin and they didn't know anything about it
>surprised no one knows anything about it
Maybe you should try the computer science department instead? I don't even go to some top school and we even have a course on it

Thank you so much, I'm still learning with blender. They surely are focusing mainly on material physics but many of them have wide spread interests. Nevertheless not a single one seems to bother with cryptocurrencies. This gave me a very contrary vibe because on this board I get the feeling that everybody and their mother has a 100k portfolio.
(I'm writing from my phone now, different ID)

It's materials science and there are some very skilled programmers and data scientists among them. The professors travel to 3 conferences per month around the globe and meet new people from various fields of research every time. This might sound like larping but I'm not gonna discuss this here.

Hey user,
what kind of materials are you studying?

Bringing solid OC automatically makes you cool, even moreso than the quality post. I don't have much to contribute since pretty much noone I talk to seems interested in cryptocurrencies, so have a (you).

>this might sound like larping
It really doesn't, actually

>It's materials science and there are some very skilled programmers and data scientists
Don't get me wrong here, I'm sure they're smart guys. But the difference between programming simulations / statistical models and something like blockchain is like the difference between French and Chinese. Also cryptography itself is an incredibly esoteric field -- to begin to really understand it requires a ton of math and programming knowledge just to get started

Oh damn you actually added the Pepe plush. I was so drunk when I suggested that. New pic looks nice, good luck user.

Also I think it's funny how hood niggers are bigger crypto innovators than PHD students.

I'm sitting in upfiring comfy as fuck. This is one of the most undervalued projects out there. Once the reddit and Twitter normies find out about this it will moon

Also, cryptocurrency mining & trading is a regular topic of conversation in my department.

>implying buying into a pump and dump shitcoin is innovation

Excellent animations user, keep them coming.
The graininess even adds to the vibe, I thought it was intentional.

Everything across the board but now specializing on High Entropy Alloys and their desposition with magnetron sputtering.
That's of course true and it even confirms our theory. Prople studying cryptography and computer science are those innovators which are the first to come in contact with blockchain. If even the professors I mentioned don't see potential in blockchain technology (because they are not in direct contact through research with it) we might be far from mainstream adoption.
OP delivers!

It is if the PhD students start buying their bags.

thanks user! Part of it is intentional but the static grain is from rendering with too few samples = too short render time.

Nice, that's really interesting. I'm studying CVD graphene. Can't wait to finish my M.Sc. tho, I'll have more money for crypto. I wonder how many science grad students are in this. I only know of my closest colleague.

I find Graphene fascinating! At my last conference I learned abouth the different ways of growing it, really interesting stuff

Literally the most motivating post and media on this site for now.

Thanks OP.

This thread looks very friendly and enlightened, can you guys rate my folio?
This is all what I could put to it, maybe for the coming months transfer more. I planning to hold it for long term, all of them.

also by this guy

no obvious garbage there in my mind.

Quality OC. In a day of red, this thread really is needed. And yeah, some of the smartest people I know fail to see the value in crypto.