Just got my Ledger in the mail today

How do I make sure it hasn't been hacked so I don't get my shit stolen like that Reddit guy?

Getting nervous.

Other urls found in this thread:

steemit.com/ledger/@cryptohblock/how-to-verify-the-security-integrity-of-a-ledger-nano-s-and-how-to-not-ruin-one-in-the-process
np.reddit.com/user/moodyrocket
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

did you buy it from some random seller on ebay?

buy a new one from the company directly you jew fuck

Did you buy it from an authorized seller? Or even better directly from Ledger?
Did you get your recovery seed off the device and not on some bullshit scratch guard like the tard ledditor did?
Then you're probably fine.

Did you have to set it up?
During setup you have to write down 24 words generated by the ledger and create a minimum 4-digit PIN. If you haven't done those things, enter a wrong PIN 3 times to reset the ledger to factory settings and then start the setup again. It will generate new words so no one can get your coins.

if you bought from anything other than official source

steemit.com/ledger/@cryptohblock/how-to-verify-the-security-integrity-of-a-ledger-nano-s-and-how-to-not-ruin-one-in-the-process

hardware verify + software verify(using the ledger wallet app) + seed generation on device(not a scratch-off) = 100% safe

To avoid get fucked over like the Reddit guy, make sure your seed words are brand new, provide to you from the device.

Reddit guy received a pre-printed seed words code on fake Ledger branded paper. The seller already had a copy of those seeds and so had access to the wallet.

I bought it directly from LEDGERWALLET.COM

I ordered express and I tracked its shipping throughout - it arrived on time and didn't take any strange diversions that I can see.

then you're fine, none of this applies to you

then it's the original website, what's the worry?
check a video to make sure everything go well, then post your 24 word seed here so we can ascertain whether it is legit.

take the back off and look at it

I have my 24 words on three papers. Where should i put them?

>Trusting some company's closed source hardware wallet

if this shit is ever going to really take off, the normies need a solid device. not everyone is a fucking neet who has their shit encrypted on multiple devices.

Mail one copy to me, just in case you lose the other two. Don't worry I'm legit.

Hallo ruud

That's all fine and dandy. You can store your shit on the even most leaky machine as long as you don't put _everything_ there. I think this is what most normies don't get.

Post them up on here so we can check they're secure enough

Is this better than the trezor?

You can reset it by getting your pin wrong 3 times.

barely a difference
i just remember hearing trezor had a vulnerability ages ago or some shit, was probably not even true but not taking any risks to i just got ledger

top kek

One at the bank.
One in a water/fireproof safe at your moms house.
One rolled up in a Coxon stuck in a jar of Vaseline so you can quickly stick it up your butt in case of emergency.

rofl that reddit guy is trying to pin blame on Ledger

np.reddit.com/user/moodyrocket

Seriously there plenty of onlien guides or Youtube videos that teach how to set one up so it should have pretty obvious that a scratch card was an obvious scam.

make sure you need to scratch off the seed words like a lottery ticket.

The fake one has blank spaces where you need to write them in

Don't worry user, just set it up as instructed and then send me your seed code and I'll verify that it's all OK for you.

>Also just to add the Ledger did not allow me to change the Seed words, only to change and set the Pin.

Top fucking KEK! Doesn't he know what resetting means?

Here is mine legit?

jk nice try pajeets

Account emptied 2014. Is this a reference to some famous account compromise or did you just post an old key?

hoi

just

Ledgers use their secure element chip to authenticate the hardware and firmware every time you use them with the official ledger app. Assuming none from your batch of 10,000 (that share a private key) have been compromised by an intelligence agency with an electron microscope and inside knowledge from the secure element manufacturer, or an adversary of similar capabilities, it can't be tampered with.

where do you guys store your 24 word pass phrase?

can it be regenerated if lost assuming you can unlock the wallet?